register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 6 - How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #1

exftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default wiring fog lights to the parking lights

So ive always wanted my fogs to run off my parking lights. Ive seen people do it, but i just cant seem to find the wiring diagrams or a how to...

help?

Engine: CPE FMIC, Sure Aeros, Sure Sidewinder, ATP DP, GHL CBE, TurboSmart BOV, Cobb AP, AT HPFP internals, DNP Mani, OCC
Drivetrain: SURE Dread & Jugg, CPE RMM, TT FMM, Spec Clutch, TWM SS (s2)
Suspension/Brakes: BC Coils, EBC Ultimax Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads
Exterior: NEXTMod Lip Kit, VG Sharkfin, APR Splitter Rods, Rota GForce 18x8.5 with 225/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12

Upcoming: GT3071R ...
exftw is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,647 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gen2 MS3 General Discussion - Mazdaspeed Forums
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the second rule is "don't tell anyone"
[07:25 PM] Pu Manchu: the first rule of tranny fucking is "don't do it"
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #3

2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i see most of these threads are for the ms3, is the wiring different at all for the 6? and what about wiring them so they are on all the time? without the parking lights.
2006MS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #4

CruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just read this write up.

Look right above this tread in the "Sticky How To Database"
Other: both diff mounts, DSS axles(both)

Primary Car: Walter Jr 1999 Corolla 5sp with tubie header and k&n airfilter!
CruZ_MS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #5

2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of2006MS6 has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

there is nothing in there about rewiring the fogs...
 Old 09-26-2011, 05:00 AM   #6

CruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the worldCruZ_MS6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I guess I don't remember where I got this:

Fog light mod

Quote:
Those who have an MS6, can you post the modifed directions as i am not too electrically inclined[/b]
1. Disconnect Negative Terminal on battery. (Uses a 10mm wrench)

2. Remove fuse box cover in engine compartment (right side of engine above air filter box)

3. Remove the two gold nuts you see when you take the cover off (and terminals under them). (Uses a 10mm socket.)

4. Disconnect the large wire bundle, by way of it's clip and not the actual wire connection, from the right of the fuse box. While at the same time/during this step, unlock the fuse assembly by means of the four clip at each of the four corners of the fuse box.

4.5 Cut the black electrical tape that secures the wire shield to the wire if need be.

5. Now the whole fuse assembly (the plate that all the fuses are mounted to) can be lifted 2-3 inches up.—

6. Locate the FOG RELAY. Locate the pastel green wire coming from the relay (most left terminal) and follow the wire as far as you can (about 5-6inches).—

7. Cut the pastel green wire from the FOG RELAY as far as you can, but leaving enough to cap the wire off. (I suggest a splice cap from Radio Shack rather than electrical tape because electrical tape will eventually come off due to heat and atmosphere.)

8. Now splice that 5-6in piece of pastel green wire to either (I suggest splicing the wire under the fuse plate so no wire is showing) (use a water proof environmental splice)
a. Wire coming off the TAIL 10A fuse (if you want the fog lights on only when parking lights are on, headlights or highbeams)
or
b.Wire coming off the ENG BAR 15A fuse (if you want the fog lights to come on without having to actuate the parking lights, headlights, or highbeams)

9. Reseat the fuse plate into the fuse box shell and the harness side connection. Before you push down to lock the clips, ensure all the guides are lined up so the shell conforms to the plate and isn't buldging, ect.

10. Retighten the gold nuts.

11. Replace the fuse box cover - make sure you tightened those nuts, not just by hand.

12. Reconnect the battery wire.

13. Operation check.

14. Go to each door window, put the window down then back up and hold it there until you hear the door relay click in each door (Have key in and rotated fwd, but engine off so you can hear.) After the window work go to the driver master switch and make sure it works.
Other: both diff mounts, DSS axles(both)

Primary Car: Walter Jr 1999 Corolla 5sp with tubie header and k&n airfilter!
CruZ_MS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CruZ_MS6 For This Useful Post:
chuckms6 (03-31-2012), Gribbs1469 (04-19-2016), MZRSpeeder6 (04-09-2012)
 Old 09-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks man
 Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #8

exftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond reputeexftw has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

sweet thanks.

Engine: CPE FMIC, Sure Aeros, Sure Sidewinder, ATP DP, GHL CBE, TurboSmart BOV, Cobb AP, AT HPFP internals, DNP Mani, OCC
Drivetrain: SURE Dread & Jugg, CPE RMM, TT FMM, Spec Clutch, TWM SS (s2)
Suspension/Brakes: BC Coils, EBC Ultimax Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads
Exterior: NEXTMod Lip Kit, VG Sharkfin, APR Splitter Rods, Rota GForce 18x8.5 with 225/40/18 Hankook Ventus V12

Upcoming: GT3071R ...
exftw is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #9

mrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok, I've tried to do this, but as soon as I connect TAIL to FOG RELAY, my HIDs start flickering? whaaa?
mrQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #10

Mcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond reputeMcklveen02 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I tried this also and had the sand problem as person above ^^^^
 Old 09-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #11

JAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud ofJAGspeed6 has much to be proud of
Groaned at 20 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yep there has to be another way or something is wrong in the directions listed.
Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, Forge V2, JBR RMM, AWR PMM, Cobb AP, CP-E downpipe, CP-E dual cat-back exhaust, CP-E TMIC, JBR EGR delete kit, JBR T.I.G., Sure shortcut and counterweight, Autotech internals, ACT 6-Puck clutch, Megan Racing springs, Enkei Imola rims 18x7.5, 235/40/18 Continental DWS Extreme Contact
JAGspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #12

mrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks god it's not mean alone
 Old 10-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #13

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,683 Times in 1,836 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

First thing that came up for mazdaspeed6 independent fog light on google.

How-To: Independent Fog Light Mod
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

yea, the problem is it flickers
 Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #15

greenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the worldgreenespeed is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I haven't looked yet to see, but I see absolutley no reason why this could not be achieved under the dash. The relay under the hood should still operate as engineered but should be able to do this much easier. Will update when I have the time to investigate.

MODS : Cobb AP // Cobb SF // Sure TIP // JBR RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // Magnaflow CBE // MSR 045 18 X 8 +35 // ACT ZX5-HDG6 // M2 3" catless DP // AT HPFP Internals // NGK's -- FREEKTUNE in progress

Having a 12 second Honda is just like coming out of the closet; You're going to surprise a bunch of people, but in the end you're still gay.
greenespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #16

6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world6ixof1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 16 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is the how to I used for my foglight mod. It took a half hour tops. No problems after a year except for a burned out HID bulb. For the flickering I would suggest checking that the wire splice is secure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V363bot-8_2012-coloredit.jpg (766.5 KB, 106 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc foglight mod speed 6.doc (2.23 MB, 183 views)

NJSpeed P&P IM, KMD internals, SU TMIC, BNR STG 1, Sure V1 Aeros, Cobb TIP, Turbosmart BOV, Magnaflow CBE
JBR Trilogy, Jugg & Dread, Corksport Strut tower brace & rear seat brace, Tein Super Street C/Os
18x8 OZ Ultraleggeras, 225/45/18 Dunlop SportMaxx,
17x8 Enkei SC03, 235/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzaks,
Evo Brembo mod, StopTech rotors, Techna-Fit S/S brakelines, StopTech & EBC Greenstuff pads
The Mad Scientist Tunings
6ixof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6ixof1 For This Useful Post:
darkcherry (01-13-2013), dynamix (03-16-2013)
 Old 02-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hm, I think it might be related to my additional DRL leds?

I have no idea otherwise, why would it flicker..

Do you have HIDs in fogs?