register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes Discussion for suspension items like coilovers, springs, sway bars, mounts,chassis bracing and brakes.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Crarrs
  • 1 Post By Djohns
  • 1 Post By Crarrs

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-10-2017, 05:04 AM   #1

FSRRM is just really niceFSRRM is just really niceFSRRM is just really niceFSRRM is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Brake Pedal SUPER HARD to press after boosting

Okay, so I'm doing my own thing, logging, tuning, logging, tuning.

But all of a sudden after a HARD BOOSTING I am unable to press the brake pedal for about 3 seconds then it gets soft and I can brake again, IT'S SO SCARY and DANGEROUS.

Wondering if anyone could shed me some light.

Car: Mazdaspeed 3 2008 Gen1

It's definitely not brake fade I know what that's like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FSRRM is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-10-2017, 06:15 AM   #2

Crarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,458 Times in 908 Posts
Groans: 98
Groaned at 45 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bad check valve in the vacuum circuit to your brake booster.
FSRRM likes this.

2004 MSM TiGrey
AEM SRI - Turbosmart MBC - FM TBI - eBay DP - Turbosmart BPV - Mishimoto FMIC - Denso 305cc
Koni Sport - GC Coilover - Racing Beat 1.25" Front Sway Bar - SS Lines - 15x8 Flatout - 225/45 RS3
Crarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Crarrs For This Useful Post:
CWP_MS3 (02-13-2017), downs (02-10-2017), FSRRM (02-10-2017), phate (02-19-2018), Tomas (02-10-2017), xfeejayx (02-10-2017), Yatta (02-10-2017)
 Old 02-10-2017, 08:08 AM   #3

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,511 Times in 1,370 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Your car loves the feeling of going fast so much it will do anything to not stop?
SnackMasterX likes this.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (03-06-2018), roguemazda (02-11-2017), Tomas (02-10-2017)
 Old 02-10-2017, 11:18 AM   #4

FSRRM is just really niceFSRRM is just really niceFSRRM is just really niceFSRRM is just really nice
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Crarrs View Post
Bad check valve in the vacuum circuit to your brake booster.

That makes a lot of sense, I'm going to get that replaced asap, I'll let you know when I replace it.

Thanks for your help

Old 02-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Where would I find the one way check valve?

Old 02-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #6

Crarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the worldCrarrs is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Try the bulging part of the vacuum hose coming off the intake manifold, next to the HPFP in your photo. If not there, maybe behind the heat shield. I don't know anything about how that hose is routed on a RHD car.

2004 MSM TiGrey
AEM SRI - Turbosmart MBC - FM TBI - eBay DP - Turbosmart BPV - Mishimoto FMIC - Denso 305cc
Koni Sport - GC Coilover - Racing Beat 1.25" Front Sway Bar - SS Lines - 15x8 Flatout - 225/45 RS3
 Old 02-11-2017, 02:59 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Try the bulging part of the vacuum hose coming off the intake manifold, next to the HPFP in your photo. If not there, maybe behind the heat shield. I don't know anything about how that hose is routed on a RHD car.

I couldn't see any valve in the intake side of the vacuum line, checked he line next to the HPFP.

Could you please send me a photo of what I am looking for or is it really different

Old 02-11-2017, 04:01 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would this be it? I found this part on my Brake Booster

Old 02-11-2017, 07:51 AM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

You're VIP, so you can download the full service manual from this site. Start there.
FSRRM likes this.

2004 MSM TiGrey
The Following User Says Thank You to Crarrs For This Useful Post:
FSRRM (02-11-2017)
 Old 02-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You're VIP, so you can download the full service manual from this site. Start there.

Didn't even know that existed, only donated because I appreciated the help with my intank Methanol tuning. Cheers!

Old 02-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sooooo I found the Check Valve, I can blow through and back in.

Called Mazda parts division and he said yeap that's the check valve.

So I'm ordering the part now to fit, also I put a quick photo together what it looks like

Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 AM   #12

paukacang has a spectacular aura aboutpaukacang has a spectacular aura aboutpaukacang has a spectacular aura about
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by FSRRM View Post

So I'm ordering the part now to fit, also I put a quick photo together what it looks like

hello
My ms6 got brake problem as u mention above. may i know part no for CHECK VALVE
paukacang is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #13

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Google it. It's not hard.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #14
Banned

hichamaziz can only hope to improve
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

hi all i love mazda cars .
hichamaziz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #15

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by hichamaziz View Post
Are you that bored you have nothing better to do but troll?
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

The Following User Says Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (02-27-2018)
 Old 02-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #16

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by hichamaziz View Post
And i love cumming on your mom's face but you hear me bragging about it in a fucking brake issue thread.

well now you have!

EDIT: God dammit im as brown as the mustache i gave your mom fuck!!!!
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
KiwiFlavor (03-06-2018), Vansquish (02-27-2018)
 Old 02-17-2018, 11:07 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
And i love cumming on your mom's face but you hear me bragging about it in a fucking brake issue thread.

well now you have!

EDIT: God dammit im as brown as the mustache i gave your mom fuck!!!!
I actually did hear about it prior to this situation thank you very much.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #18

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by FSRRM View Post

So what was the part number you ordered?
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2018, 03:20 PM   #19

MSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the worldMSMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,760 Times in 928 Posts
Groans: 120
Groaned at 46 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
Are you that bored you have nothing better to do but troll?
Don't feed the trolls. They just get bigger.
BNR Stage 1 (to fix smoking K04 turbo), TurboXS 3" Catless DP/RP "Stealthback" into stock CBE, Vibrant 3 inch Ultra Quiet Resonator in RP section, Magnaflow 3 1/2" exhaust tip, Mazdaspeed CAI w/air straightener and K&N conical filter, NGK 6510 Iridium IX one step colder plugs, Hypertech tune, Autotech HPFP internals, Stock BPV (works perfectly), Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R's (stock size on stock rims); Hawk HPS pads; SURE RMM; Grimmspeed EBCS (2 port mode), Bilstein B6's, SPC rear camber arms.
MSMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2018, 05:15 PM   #20

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's okay now. Troll haz been banned.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shamie View Post
So what was the part number you ordered?
Check your brake booster, if it has a check valve like this then it will be that part, I am working on getting the number for you as I didn't get it in a pretty mazda wrapping with model number on it, I just ask for the part, it's ex japan and just gets shipped to me, I will get back to you on this as I have already ordered another one for a user that's having the same issue

EDIT: Darn, I am now a brownie again >_>
 Old 03-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #22

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes my booster has a valve like that - I just can't find the part #.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
 Old 03-06-2018, 02:42 PM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shamie View Post
Yes my booster has a valve like that - I just can't find the part #.
parts coming from Japan so I will update you when the box comes
 Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Get the number yet?

Is it E112-43-826 by chance?
 Old 03-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry about the delay, this is the part I got from Mazda and is the part that goes into the brake booster
 Old 03-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #26

darkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nicedarkmx-6 is just really nice
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did it fix your problem?

I have the same problem so I added an inline check valve that I got from Treadstone and it's still doing the same thing...

I guess I have to remove the old defective one?
darkmx-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #27

MichaelAress can only hope to improve
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Brake Pedal SUPER HARD to press after boosting

Air in the system would result in a spongy or soft pedal that goes to the floor. You can always try to bleed it more. I always do when something is up and 9 out of 10 times it fixes it. Also as Paul said you will be able to stop a vehicle without the booster working, you just need to press harder.

How far does the pedal move before it becomes extremely stiff?
MichaelAress is offline   Reply With Quote