register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes Discussion for suspension items like coilovers, springs, sway bars, mounts,chassis bracing and brakes.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree102Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-02-2017, 11:05 AM   #41

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,374 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MunkieJunkie View Post
Yeah I don't have an account there, you could pop on over and see if there's any interest.
Done.
sarm1084 likes this.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
MunkieJunkie (02-02-2017)
 Old 02-02-2017, 11:23 AM   #42

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,250 Times in 820 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So what exactly would they fabricate? Brackets and brake lines?
sarm1084 likes this.

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #43

MunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud of
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by [R]usty View Post
So what exactly would they fabricate? Brackets and brake lines?
All they fabricate is a mounting kit, the rest is up to the consumer.
sarm1084 likes this.
MunkieJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2017, 11:37 AM   #44

MoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want to say that we really should focus on RS brake adaptation vs CTS-V (Granted I'll take what I can get haha). The 6 piston CTS-V sit on a 14" rotor (370z track pack rotors), but those calipers are $380 apiece vs $150ish for the 4 piston per caliper.

RS brakes on the other hand use a 13.75" rotor and have a newer design monoblock caliper. The one thing I'm concerned about if we go above 13" rotor size is the wheel diameter due to the fact the RS brakes on an ST require RS equivalent wheels aka 19".

Basically, if we want this to happen, sounds like for now we're limited to 4 piston cts-v setup, since we need it to work for the 17" wheel crowd if we are wanting to convice ctsvbrakeswap guys to take the mazdaspeed/FoST plunge.
sarm1084 likes this.
For Powah: JBR Tru 3.5" WP, CP-E TMIC, UR V3 Catless DP/Reso. TP, CS Resonated CBE, CS HPFP Internals, Cobb AP, DM PMM, DM TMM, CS Stg 2 RMM, CS Shifter Bushings, CS Dual VTA BPV, South Bend Stage 3 Endurance clutch, Damond Motorsports SSP, CS 3.5bar MAP, Stratified S-OTS+ Stg 3 E85 tune for summer, Pump S-OTS+ Stage 3 for winter, for now

Handling: JBR .250 RSB w/ billet brackets.

So I can see/be seen better: DDM LED for Nagare Accent lights, DDM Switchbacks Front turn signals, Osram CBI's, ADVmonster LED Fogs

To-do List: BNR S4, maybe S5...bottom end build, probably should do brakes/suspension at some point. Shooting for a 450-500whp daily driver.
MoMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoMS3 For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-02-2017, 11:57 AM   #45

MunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud ofMunkieJunkie has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MoMS3 View Post
I want to say that we really should focus on RS brake adaptation vs CTS-V (Granted I'll take what I can get haha). The 6 piston CTS-V sit on a 14" rotor (370z track pack rotors), but those calipers are $380 apiece vs $150ish for the 4 piston per caliper.

RS brakes on the other hand use a 13.75" rotor and have a newer design monoblock caliper. The one thing I'm concerned about if we go above 13" rotor size is the wheel diameter due to the fact the RS brakes on an ST require RS equivalent wheels aka 19".

Basically, if we want this to happen, sounds like for now we're limited to 4 piston cts-v setup, since we need it to work for the 17" wheel crowd if we are wanting to convice ctsvbrakeswap guys to take the mazdaspeed/FoST plunge.
I would imagine the 6 piston and 4 piston would mount up to the same bracket? Also, from what I'm seeing the RS calipers are carrying a pretty hefty price.

How I envisioned it is they fabricate the bracket/mounting hardware, and whoever buys decides whether they want the 4 or 6 piston. Then from there they can buy the rotors accordingly. That way if you're running stock wheels you can buy the 4 piston for your application, but the 6 piston is always available should you run a larger wheel.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, I could very possibly be looking at it the wrong way.
sarm1084 likes this.

Last edited by MunkieJunkie; 02-02-2017 at 12:17 PM.
 Old 02-02-2017, 01:32 PM   #46

MoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond reputeMoMS3 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't think they'd be able to use the same brackets given that the 4 piston setup specs a 12.75" rotor vs 6 piston on 14" rotor, to me it would seem the brackets would mount the 6 piston caliper further out from the hub to accommodate the .625" increase in radius of the rotor. Not to mention the mounting points for the 6 piston look completely different in their location
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4pot.jpg (8.4 KB, 571 views)
File Type: jpg 31LigxGtAfL.jpg (11.3 KB, 49 views)
sarm1084 likes this.
For Powah: JBR Tru 3.5" WP, CP-E TMIC, UR V3 Catless DP/Reso. TP, CS Resonated CBE, CS HPFP Internals, Cobb AP, DM PMM, DM TMM, CS Stg 2 RMM, CS Shifter Bushings, CS Dual VTA BPV, South Bend Stage 3 Endurance clutch, Damond Motorsports SSP, CS 3.5bar MAP, Stratified S-OTS+ Stg 3 E85 tune for summer, Pump S-OTS+ Stage 3 for winter, for now

So I can see/be seen better: DDM LED for Nagare Accent lights, DDM Switchbacks Front turn signals, Osram CBI's, ADVmonster LED Fogs

To-do List: BNR S4, maybe S5...bottom end build, probably should do brakes/suspension at some point. Shooting for a 450-500whp daily driver.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoMS3 For This Useful Post:
MunkieJunkie (02-02-2017), nindoja (02-02-2017), sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #47

Voltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,547 Times in 2,155 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 38 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

A 14" rotor will sit inside an 18" rim. It clears the barrell, the issue would be are we able to run a rim with enough offset to keep the spokes off the caliper. We dont really need an increase in rotor size. It would be nice, but the stock brakes can be tracked with relatively little fuss from a heat capacity standpoint.

Just whatever fixed caliper option we can get for better for wear is all this platform really needs.
sarm1084 likes this.
-Mustang 5.0 450 whp / 352 wtq
-Sold-

Current:
2012 Loaded Speed3 - Stock
2001 Miata - Basically stock

... Something, somewhere, went horribly wrong.

Fastest gtx3576 powered, 6th port injected, 25% e85 fueled, stock suspension, silver mazdaspeed 3 in South Houston. Because its my internet record, and I said so.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voltwings For This Useful Post:
cnyms6 (02-02-2017), sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #48

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't think they'd be able to use the same brackets given that the 4 piston setup specs a 12.75" rotor vs 6 piston on 14" rotor, to me it would seem the brackets would mount the 6 piston caliper further out from the hub to accommodate the .625" increase in radius of the rotor. Not to mention the mounting points for the 6 piston look completely different in their location
Gotcha, I see it now. The 4 piston is definitely a solid looking caliper, and for 150 each is bonkers.

Excited to see where this goes.
sarm1084 likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MunkieJunkie For This Useful Post:
cnyms6 (02-02-2017), sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #49

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

https://mazdaspeeds.org/index.php?th...01/#post-33003 Linky to other thread.
sarm1084 likes this.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #50

ryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond reputeryguy 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Definately interested.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
sarm1084 likes this.
ryguy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #51

ThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud ofThOrZwAr has much to be proud of
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MunkieJunkie View Post
UPDATE:

Here's what they replied to my email.

"Do you have a link to a thread on the forum we could take a look at? Or start a thread to gain interest? If there is enough interest we could start looking into making a Mazda kit."

I'll link them this thread, and I'm sure the more people that see this/the more interest we get the higher chance we have of getting a kit made.
I'd totally be down with a bbk that's decently priced... GROUP BUY!
sarm1084 likes this.
CS Stage II SRI/TIP // CS Turbo // CS EBCS // CS 3.5 MAP // CS HPFP // CS BPV // CS OCC // SU TMIC // ATP Catless Long DP // JBR 88 Duro RMM // Damond PMM/TMM // CS Front Strut Bar // CS Rear Sway Bar // EBC Redstuff Pads // EBC Rotors // Cobb V3 AccessPort // NGK Plugs (step colder)
ThOrZwAr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-04-2017, 10:12 PM   #52

cyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond reputecyber-ms3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 6 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am interested
sarm1084 likes this.
cyber-ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #53

impossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the world
Groans: 30
Groaned at 58 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck all that 'oem is good enough' talk, nothing wrong with more options with less weight up front. I'm glad they finally responded to someone with a MS3 after I got the cold shoulder from them in June. I'm also interested but still likely will pursue the smaller 4 pot Wilwoods from Fastbrakes to run a 15" wheel up front
sarm1084 likes this.
2009 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Manley bottom end, keyed and lightened crank, CNC ported head, 2018 JMF v2 port injection fueled, CM twin disk clutch and Precision 6466 turbo, Kozmic built gen2 transmission with final drive swap. Tuning by PD Tuning
impossible is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to impossible For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #54

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a feeling I'd like the price point of these. To be honest if I can fit a 16" wheel for my winter set up I'd be happy and more than likely pursue these.
sarm1084 likes this.

Nailedit187 (02-05-2017)
 Old 02-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #55

impossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the worldimpossible is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Djohns View Post
I have a feeling I'd like the price point of these. To be honest if I can fit a 16" wheel for my winter set up I'd be happy and more than likely pursue these.
Maybe the gen1 V Brembos but the gen2 ones I doubt will clear a 16" with the brackets made for a 320mm rotor
sarm1084 likes this.
2009 Mazdaspeed 3 w/ Manley bottom end, keyed and lightened crank, CNC ported head, 2018 JMF v2 port injection fueled, CM twin disk clutch and Precision 6466 turbo, Kozmic built gen2 transmission with final drive swap. Tuning by PD Tuning
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-05-2017, 08:12 PM   #56

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by impossible View Post
Maybe the gen1 V Brembos but the gen2 ones I doubt will clear a 16" with the brackets made for a 320mm rotor
I'm pretty sure the gen1 brembos would, which is the ones I'd be looking at. Plus those are cheaper.
sarm1084 likes this.

sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-05-2017, 09:36 PM   #57

Astrall is a splendid one to beholdAstrall is a splendid one to beholdAstrall is a splendid one to beholdAstrall is a splendid one to beholdAstrall is a splendid one to beholdAstrall is a splendid one to beholdAstrall is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

100% Interested and would gladly buy a kit once it becomes available!
sarm1084 likes this.
Astrall is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #58
NiL

NiL is just really niceNiL is just really niceNiL is just really niceNiL is just really nice
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would buy this if it came out. I watched the caliper flex video on youtube and cringed hard.
sarm1084 likes this.
NiL is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-06-2017, 08:11 AM   #59

nindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the worldnindoja is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,553 Times in 1,122 Posts
Groans: 16
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by impossible View Post
Fuck all that 'oem is good enough' talk, nothing wrong with more options with less weight up front. I'm glad they finally responded to someone with a MS3 after I got the cold shoulder from them in June. I'm also interested but still likely will pursue the smaller 4 pot Wilwoods from Fastbrakes to run a 15" wheel up front
For drag that might be fine, but I've seen nothing but fail from the Wilwoods on the track. I can't remember who @maisonvi; maybe?), but they were warping rotors at the track like nobody's business.
Brakes: Hawk HPS pads // ATE Superblue fluid // Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Other: CP-e Safe Seals // MattDamond shift plate // Masonvi shift knob // 3.5" WP w/recirc // RSB // IM + TB tigs // Synapse Engineering FMIC + BOV // Autotech internals
Tune: hypnotic tuned

Critical Stats:
// 305whp/352tq
// 13.34 @ 98 - Mason Dixon Dragway - 4/13/14

Titanium Gray 2006 Mazdaspeed 6
Damond Motorsports: OCC // Short shift plate // Turbo oil feed restrictor bolt
Other: Autotech internals // Ebay M2 DP // Masonvi shift knob //
nindoja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nindoja For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #60

Not Ranked  0 score     

Awesome, and I doubt they had brake ducting to keep the rotors cooled. Evo guys never had a problem with them
sarm1084 likes this.
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 02-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #61

Not Ranked  0 score     

Any updates?
sarm1084 likes this.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #62

Mattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm attaching a spreadsheet of calipers and rotor dimensions I researched when I was looking at this exact thing years ago. Might be helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Brake Rotors.xlsx (241.7 KB, 20 views)
sarm1084 likes this.
Mattyhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mattyhawk1 For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (11-09-2018), vortk355 (09-15-2018)
 Old 03-01-2017, 09:57 AM   #63

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No update, haven't heard back from them.
The Following User Says Thank You to MunkieJunkie For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 03-15-2017, 08:47 AM   #64

KingKhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Would also be interested if they made a kit for the speed 6
KingKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #65

acidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant futureacidplant has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

I to am interested If they add A Speed6 kit for this
acidplant is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2017, 04:29 AM   #66

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,685 Times in 1,836 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interested for an ms6 only if they can fit 16" wheels.

Edit: After some poking around on Centric's site and @Mattyhawk1;s spreadsheet, it looks like evo rotors are our best bet. Comparatively speaking the rotors are fairly similar to the sti rotors that are used in the subaru kits, the evo rotors are just 6mm smaller in diameter, 10mm shorter in height, and 2mm thicker. Now it's just a matter of making brackets.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = PS Cooler - RMM - PMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port - EGR Delete
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings

Last edited by Mazdazilla6; 03-17-2017 at 05:32 AM.
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #67

knocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond reputeknocturnal has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interested
sarm1084 likes this.

Mods:
BNR S4 V2 // XS Power Manifold V3 // JBR Tru-3.0" Aluminum Intake // Devils Own WMI D10 NOZZLE// JBR DISI Bypass Valve Hose // JBR 70duro RMM // JBR SSB // JBR SSP // JBR Coolant Bypass Kit // DM EGR Full Delete Kit // DM TMM // DM PMM // COBB AP V2 // CNT Racing Catless Downpipe // CP-E TMIC // CP-E Injector Seals // SP63 Valve Cover Breather // Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust //One Step Colder NGK Plugs // Bosch 3bar Map sensor // Grimmspeed EBCS // MD OCC // MD PCV Plate // Stop Tech Braided Lines // Autotech Internals // Forge BPV V1 // Corksport V2 RSB // Eibach PRO-kit

Stratified Tuned Stage 2 OTS+
273whp/330wtq

SnailD Tuned on Meth
316whp/359wtq

Purple Drank Tuned BNR S4 V2 and 100%Meth
412whp/373wtq

knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-17-2017, 08:40 PM   #68

Majmun will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interested

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
sarm1084 likes this.
Majmun is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #69

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got tired of waiting for them to not do this.

sarm1084 and ryguy 3 like this.

VersaTuner = Versatune
PTE = JB 5862
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Grimmspeed = EBCS
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-23-2017), connor_cwp (03-22-2017), KingKhan (03-23-2017), Mattyhawk1 (03-23-2017), MoMS3 (03-22-2017), monkey.bones.007 (03-22-2017), MunkieJunkie (05-05-2017), ryguy 3 (03-24-2017), [R]usty (03-24-2017)
 Old 03-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #70

Not Ranked  0 score     

So you're going to design one for us MS3 losers riiiight??
sarm1084 likes this.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #71

Not Ranked  0 score     

It's too far out right now to say yes but I'm not saying no.
sarm1084 likes this.

VersaTuner = Versatune
PTE = JB 5862
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Grimmspeed = EBCS
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 03-22-2017, 05:11 PM   #72

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
It's too far out right now to say yes but I'm not saying no.
So in other words...two weeks?
sarm1084 likes this.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:01 AM   #73

KingKhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got tired of waiting for them to not do this.

This is awesome!!!!! Definitely let us know how it goes, and if you offer to make and sell these.
sarm1084 likes this.
KingKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #74

Not Ranked  0 score     

Didn't get a chance to test fit this past weekend due to rain. Should hopefully be test fitting thursday.
EwMPS, macdiesel and sarm1084 like this.

VersaTuner = Versatune
PTE = JB 5862
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Grimmspeed = EBCS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
cyber-ms3 (03-28-2017), PearlySpeed (03-28-2017), sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 03-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #75

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,491 Times in 987 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Speaking of CTS v.... this is what i have found out for those that have the Brembo BBK for the MS6...

So i have finally found some alternative brake pads for the Brembo BBK for the MS6... They are the rear brake pads for the 2005 CTS-v.. But i have a question for the brake gods out there..

Will this pads work for a replacement pad for the MS6 front pads? Will the slants on either end hurt performance? I only drag race so no auto crossing or rallying.

What i am concerned about is that slants on both sides of the pads if it makes any difference..

Sorry for the upside down pics...
sarm1084 likes this.
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
fully built motor//carrilo rods//cp pistons//ACT 6 puck//all mounts//gt3582 turbo//CPE manifold//ported intake//h&r coils//brembo brakes//tr10 I/C//accessport
qtrmile beast is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #76

Not Ranked  0 score     

No it won't affect anything. Pad coverage only affects pad life and wear characteristics. Your braking force is determined by hydraulic pressure in the system (force), your piston size(s) (area), your rotor diameter (lever arm), and pad compound (friction coefficient). Nothing to worry about.

FYI that's a common pad shape, used by lots of cars so you have a lot of compound options.
sarm1084 likes this.

VersaTuner = Versatune
PTE = JB 5862
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Grimmspeed = EBCS
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-30-2017), qtrmile beast (03-30-2017), sarm1084 (11-09-2018), Voltwings (03-30-2017)
 Old 03-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #77

Not Ranked  0 score     

Test fit #1 was a failure. The evo rotor won't work with this caliper. Going to look at other rotor options. From there I can work on bracket dimensions. The bracket is probably going to be a tad more complex than I originally thought.
sarm1084 likes this.

VersaTuner = Versatune
PTE = JB 5862
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Grimmspeed = EBCS
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
impossible (05-04-2017), JSmith (03-31-2017), sarm1084 (11-09-2018), Voltwings (03-30-2017)
 Old 03-30-2017, 05:30 PM   #78

Not Ranked  0 score     

Test fit #1 was a failure. The evo rotor won't work with this caliper. Going to look at other rotor options. From there I can work on bracket dimensions. The bracket is probably going to be a tad more complex than I originally thought.
Did you check into 2000 Mustang Cobra R rotors? I remember seeing those as a possibility IIRC

Here is a pic with dimensions from Centric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg centric.jpg (34.1 KB, 41 views)
sarm1084 likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoMS3 For This Useful Post:
qtrmile beast (03-31-2017), sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 03-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #79

Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you check into 2000 Mustang Cobra R rotors? I remember seeing those as a possibility IIRC

It's a bit on the thin side. Also, for my purposes I'm not trying to make diameter larger. But thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking the 2005 sti rotor might possibly work.
sarm1084 likes this.

VersaTuner = Versatune
PTE = JB 5862
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Grimmspeed = EBCS
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazdazilla6 For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)
 Old 03-31-2017, 03:31 PM   #80

qtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the worldqtrmile beast is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,491 Times in 987 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just bought these for my speed

Brakes Database MS3/MS6!

Post 96
track weight 3220
street weight 3370
fully built motor//carrilo rods//cp pistons//ACT 6 puck//all mounts//gt3582 turbo//CPE manifold//ported intake//h&r coils//brembo brakes//tr10 I/C//accessport
qtrmile beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qtrmile beast For This Useful Post:
sarm1084 (11-09-2018)