register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes Discussion for suspension items like coilovers, springs, sway bars, mounts,chassis bracing and brakes.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-16-2011, 05:30 AM   #1

posty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fat Cat Bumpstops Halp

Installing some FSDs today, and I noticed the FatCat rear bumpstops I have are a smaller diameter than the stock bumpstops, so they won't stay in the upper mount.

What have people done to remedy this? I know the FatCats are recommended a lot, so I figure someone has dealt with this.

EDIT: I picked up a 1 1/2" ID "quik pipe" coupler and will try that.

Last edited by posty; 04-16-2011 at 06:35 AM.
posty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to posty For This Useful Post:
ak_spray (01-30-2012), S-hendrix (12-27-2011)
 Old 04-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #2

posty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the worldposty is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok so I got the FSDs all installed today without too many problems.

The flexible PVC coupler was an awesome buy, I was able to use the single coupler for all 4 bump stops.

Pic of the coupler (get a 1 /12"):

Here are some pics of using it:

Top mount for rears

Rears mounted

Front bump stop

Front again

Last edited by posty; 06-15-2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: resized images with less artifacting
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to posty For This Useful Post:
Design (04-16-2011), dkapetansky (09-17-2011), IMASA (06-15-2011), JTMS3 (04-23-2012), Kawiralph (07-12-2012), macdiesel (02-13-2016), S-hendrix (12-27-2011), Tommy (10-22-2012)
 Old 04-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #3

ScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the worldScarMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,493 Times in 763 Posts
Groans: 97
Groaned at 31 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That camera doesn't like your skin and fingernails, good job on rigging it up proper
ScarMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScarMS3 For This Useful Post:
karl-hungus (04-16-2011), posty (04-26-2011)
 Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ScarMS3 View Post
That camera doesn't like your skin and fingernails, good job on rigging it up proper
Haha - the camera was awesome, I just used a shitty resizer app.
 Old 04-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,185 Posts
Groans: 74
Groaned at 55 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you fancy moutherfucker.

2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
karl-hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
posty (04-17-2011), RacerX78 (10-05-2011), ScarMS3 (04-16-2011)
 Old 04-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #6

dan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 20 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

anybody decide to ditch the rear shock covers in the back and use shock boots instead?

what did you use for a shock boot on the fronts?

i ditched the front yellow thingy because it limits almost a 1/2" of travel.
dan7225 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dan7225 View Post

I used the original boot, just zip tied it to the strut at the bottom
The Following User Says Thank You to posty For This Useful Post:
ak_spray (01-24-2012)
 Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #8

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,029 Times in 622 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice retrofit OP.

Ownership & Build Thread
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Design For This Useful Post:
posty (04-26-2011)
 Old 04-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #9

dan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the worlddan7225 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 20 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by posty View Post
I used the original boot, just zip tied it to the strut at the bottom
I did the same but the oem shock boot is so much bigger around than the strut housing it kind of looks like crap with it all bunched up.

i completely removed the front bump stops, so i might go back in one day and put in some small bump stops and shock boots to clean up the look.

same for the rear, the bilsteins come with a paper thin shock cover that will eventually crack. the oem shock cover is a much sturdier piece but will not fit over the bilstein shock body because it is a larger diameter than oem.

i also dont care too much for the way the oem style shock covers are held up by the bump stops. it eats into the bump stop after a while and wears it out.
dan7225 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2011, 12:17 PM   #10

Shaikh@FatCat is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great improvement! I'm going to link to this thread on our site.
Shaikh@FatCat is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
patrick failman

karl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the worldkarl-hungus is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

mine are still holding with the gorilla glue. thanks for taking my call when i was installing them, shaikh.
2012 ingot silver mustang gt w/ 6 speed, 3.73 rear end, bama 93 tune, cat deletes, boss 302 oil cooler, roush cai, dynotech aluminum driveshaft, ford racing strut tower brace, dampers & springs, boss 302 sway bars, gt500 strut mounts, lower control arms & axle backs, j&m adjustable panhard bar, steeda upper control arm & 3 point braces, jlt catch can, barton short shifter & shift bracket
 Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Shaikh@FatCat View Post
Great improvement! I'm going to link to this thread on our site.
Awesome! I replaced the images with less-artifacted versions of more reasonable size!

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to posty For This Useful Post:
SKiZ0TT (07-22-2011)
 Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #13

heeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond reputeheeltoe has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dan7225 View Post
anybody decide to ditch the rear shock covers in the back and use shock boots instead?

i used the stock front boot and the yellow bottom cover and drilled the hole bigger and everything fitted like stock just straight bolt on.
///KW V2 Coilovers///AWR F&R///HyperTech-Tune///HKS Intake Black Edtion///Bilstein Sport///Eibach Pro-Kit///CP-E Rear Mount///CP-E Passenger Mount 75///CP-E Driver Mount 75///Act Stage 1 Streetlite///Hawks HPS F&R///Goodridge SS Brake Line///Hotchkis F&R///Corksport Front Endlinks///Turbo Smart Dual Port BOV///SPC Rear Camber Arms///Cobb Short Shifter///Cobb Red Knob///Cobb AP V3. Stg-1+Cobb SF+TIH+91///Cobb Downpipe///Cobb Exhaust///Cobb SF///Corksport Cobb SF Cold Air Box///IVT-22,0.028///Corksprort LED///Sure Turbo Inlet///Silicone Boost Hose///J-Speed SSP///Rally Armor Mud Flaps///JDM Window Visor///IR30 Tint///Yellow Fog Light Overlay///CPE-TowPlate///PTP Baffle Plate///MF Magnetic Tans & Oil Bolt///ProClip,GPS,AP,I5///
heeltoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heeltoe For This Useful Post:
SKiZ0TT (09-19-2011)
 Old 09-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #14

SKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by heeltoe View Post
i used the stock front boot and the yellow bottom cover and drilled the hole bigger and everything fitted like stock just straight bolt on.
I did the same for my Koni Yellow / Eibach setup.

2004 MAZDASPEED Miata

SKiZ0TT is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #15

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,127 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just wanted to say thanks for the tip, I figure I will post another tip.
Since Canada doesn't have an Ace Hardware, I was still able to find these at my local Home Depot under the Pro-Connect by NCI Marketing brand name.
Got the 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" Flexible Coupling.

I figure this is a pretty generic part but I wanted to post up how easy it was for me to find this piece.

Finally, you say you used one of these for all 4 stops.
I take it you used the ends for the rears... how much did you cut them at?

I also figure you used the inner part of that coupling to put on the front mounts.
It looks like you cut out a 5mm strip, what did you use to cut it?
Just a sharp exacto knife? Hack saw? Dremel?
theurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #16
patrick failman

Not Ranked  0 score     

you may not have ace hardware in canada, but you got tradition.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #17

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can't deny it... that's how we roll here in Canada.
 Old 10-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by theurgy View Post
Finally, you say you used one of these for all 4 stops.
I take it you used the ends for the rears... how much did you cut them at?

It looks like you cut out a 5mm strip, what did you use to cut it?
Just a sharp exacto knife? Hack saw? Dremel?
Yes I used the ends for the rears, just cut them to fit the depth of the mount, use half of the remainder for the fronts.

A simple razor blade will do nicely.
 Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just installed these yesterday... holy crap I have to say I'm glad I picked up these bumpstops. All 4 of my stock bumpstops were finished. (Pics coming later).
 Old 10-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

As promised:

New FatCat Motorsport bumpstops:

Old completely finished stock bumpstops:
 Old 10-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #21

Manny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the worldManny is the leader of the world
Groans: 320
Groaned at 78 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

sweet yellow sock
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

lulz... that's my girl's
 Old 10-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #23

SKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the worldSKiZ0TT is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those bump stops

2004 MAZDASPEED Miata

Old 12-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #24

S-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the worldS-hendrix is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Great post. Will be using this when my fat cats arrive.
BNR S3 . FREEKTUNED . COBB FMIC . COBB CBE . SURE full 3" . CPe Safe Seals . KMD Internals . Grimmspeed EBCS . Guardian Angel . TWM Short Shifter Replacement . MSD DashHawk V2 . Turbo XS DP+RP . Turbosmart Hybrid BOV (full recirc) . JBR SSP+Bushings+Knob/ Rear Sway Bar/ Rear Camber Arms . Sure PMM/TMM . JBR EGR Delete . AWR Adjustable Front/Rear Endlinks . TRZ Dogbone RMM . Denso ITV-22 . Eibach Sport Line . Koni Yellows
S-hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #25

mrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the worldmrdouble99 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can they be use on stock shock ?
- Engine: Cobb AccesPort - Sure Full3 Aeros ID300 - Autotech internal - CP-e 3" cated Downpipe - CP-e xflex RMM 75A - Street: H&R spring - Koni Yellow - SPC camber kit - Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 18X8 et50 - BFgoodrich Gefroce KDW2 235/40R18
- Drag : 16x8 et50 FD wheel - Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. 26x9.5x16 -
- 2010 drag time : 12.737@108.51mph - 259whp@280wtq
- 2013 drag time : 12.432@111.02mph - 28?whp@3??wtq

2014 Black Mazda 6 GT MT
- Corksport Lowering Spring - Corksport LED fog Light Kit - Corksport LED Interior Light Kit - Corksport Shifter bushing
- RX8 R3 19x8 et47 wheels - Michelin PSS 245/40ZR19
- 3M Gloss Black Chrome Wrap
- Autoexe Shifter Knob
mrdouble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

Question:

I have the FatCat rear bumpstops, and with a larger person in the back seat (225lbs) i get some really nasty rubbing over long / short dips in the rear.

Can this be alleviated by going to the stock length bump stop? I do have rear camber arms...

2004 MAZDASPEED Miata

Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #27
patrick failman

Not Ranked  0 score     

why you making the wife ride in back? jk.

fat cat rear bump stops are shorter than oem so you'd get even more rubbing with the latter.
The Following User Says Thank You to karl-hungus For This Useful Post:
SKiZ0TT (01-23-2012)
 Old 01-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
 Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #29

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by karl-hungus View Post
why you making the wife ride in back? jk.

fat cat rear bump stops are shorter than oem so you'd get even more rubbing with the latter.
lol wife..

I was thinking since the OEM bump stops are longer that they would not rub as much since it would be more length to go through before the rubbing..

2004 MAZDASPEED Miata

Last edited by SKiZ0TT; 01-23-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to SKiZ0TT For This Useful Post:
karl-hungus (01-23-2012)
 Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

I would suggest instead to get your rear fenders rolled.
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

The Following User Says Thank You to theurgy For This Useful Post:
SKiZ0TT (01-23-2012)
 Old 01-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ugh.

2004 MAZDASPEED Miata

Old 01-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #32
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,248 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The oe stops are actually designed as part of the rear spring rate. Shorter stops will reduce said rate and more rear squat will occur

I am assuming OP is rubbing tire in the back. Most guys run oe stops in rear and GC or FCM in the front only which is what I run.

Tappin

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01

Last edited by Dano; 01-23-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
kwsmithphoto (01-24-2012), SKiZ0TT (01-23-2012)
 Old 09-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #33

irishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the worldirishking03 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nicely done!

End of Drive 9/24/2013

2012 Liquid Silver
Cobb AP
irishking03 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #34

MattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 15 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have bilstein sports with the fatcat stops upfront & OEM in the rear. With even one person in the back and or some luggage I rub over dips in the road. I rolled my rear fenders a tad so I am no long hitting metal, but the tire still hits the plastic fender liner on dips. Sounds terrible when driving, but no damage to tire so far, just some worn down plastic.
GTX3071 - SURE 3.25" Full3 Aeros - CP-E FMIC - CP-E Catted Downpipe - CNT Catback Exhaust - HKS SSQV BPV - James Barone 88 Trilogy - KMD CDFP Internals - CP-E Injector Seals - Cobb EBCS - ITV22 at .025 - 3 Bar MAP

Bitwise Motorsports http://www.bitwise-motorsports.com -
Mazdaspeed 3 BAR MAP Harness, Torque Plugins for Android, and 3-Port EBCS (coming soon!)
MattJackson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #35

alextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I don't mean to necro-bump this thread, but I'm ordering Koni Yellows and Swift springs in the future (1 inch drop all around basically) and I'm wondering if I should get the FCM bumpstops for the front and the rear or just reuse the rear, or get new oem rear ones and cut? My car has almost 60k miles and has spent all its life in upstate Ny so I can only image the oem stops are done. I just don't want any rubbing. I'm still running oem wheels and tires, but I don't want any issues next spring when I go bigger.

SOLD!
2008 Sunlight Silver MS3:
BNR: S3 V2
Cobb: V3 AccessPort
CNT: Catted Downpipe / Cat-Back Exhaust
Damond Motorsports: RMM
Eibach: Prokit
HTP: 3" Intake System (One-piece)
JBR: Rear Sway Bar
Koni: Yellows
MAC: 3-Port EBCS
Morimoto: HID Kit / The Retrofit Source clear lens swap.
NATOR FMIC: Cx Racing piping / Treadstone TR8
alextheguineapig is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

I would suggest replacing them, you can now get Ground Control Bumpstops for way cheaper. As well I'm pretty sure you can also get some KYB Bumpstop kit to work as well.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #37

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,029 Times in 622 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wouldn't suggest replacing the rears just yet. Install as designed with the rears in tact. Evaluate the ride and, if too stiff, replace with Fat Cat or trim a couple rings.

Ownership & Build Thread
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

Depending on mileage, I've found that they are usually destroyed by the time you go and replace your struts, shocks and springs.

You unfortunately can't just buy rear replacement OEM bumpstops from Mazda. They only sell them with a rear shock.

If it was me, and I've already got it all apart, I would rather just replace on the spot than to just hope that it is still intact.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #39

alextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the worldalextheguineapig is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok well to keep dustboot functionality in tact, what would I purchase to replace? Should I buy the GC ones or do I need to spend the money on the Fatcat set, or is there another alternative?

SOLD!
2008 Sunlight Silver MS3:
BNR: S3 V2
Cobb: V3 AccessPort
CNT: Catted Downpipe / Cat-Back Exhaust
Damond Motorsports: RMM
Eibach: Prokit
HTP: 3" Intake System (One-piece)
JBR: Rear Sway Bar
Koni: Yellows
MAC: 3-Port EBCS
Morimoto: HID Kit / The Retrofit Source clear lens swap.
NATOR FMIC: Cx Racing piping / Treadstone TR8
alextheguineapig is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #40

Not Ranked  0 score     

Truthfully, I went FatCat cause I didn't know there were cheaper better options.
I would say maybe look at the KYB sets.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f12/fat-cat-bumpstops-halp-78035/
Posted By For Type Date
5X Racing Mazdaspeed 3 Bump Stop Kit This thread Refback 04-26-2015 04:46 PM
Fat Cat Motorsports - Koni products - Mazda 3 / Mazdaspeed 3 This thread Refback 06-14-2011 12:37 PM