register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes Discussion for suspension items like coilovers, springs, sway bars, mounts,chassis bracing and brakes.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By obijack
  • 1 Post By Tomas
  • 1 Post By Raider

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #1

tabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default looking to do it the cheapest way possible

looking to get a set of coilovers because my stock shocks are blown!
And i'm wanting to get in there and do it right the first time around.

when i purchase my coils what else do i need to get while i'm in there?
i'm looking to go down an inch maybe 1.5"
i'll assume rear camber adjustment arms will be required.

if any of you can offer support in terms of what i'll beed to buy as well as what brands/shops are good to buy, it'll be greatly appreciated.

i'll am looking at racelands strictly for the cost
and i understand the fanboys will be saying, "if i want to do it right stay away from cheap coils" so please stray away from crap comments like that please.

thanks in advance!
tabo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to tabo For This Un-useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #2

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,086 Times in 732 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm confused.

Do you want racelands or not?

"if anyone else acts a fool, we'll punish them to Roberts oil hut to discuss string alignment technique"
-wetzel
zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
tabo (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #3

tabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the worldtabo is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

correct i'm planning on racelands.
SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #4

pmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the worldpmartz16 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 18 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I haven't hear many bad things about racelands but you will have to replace them more often. But that will come with the territory. Take some time and get a used set of quality coilovers off the FS section. (well donate first) Then be happy. There is a set of BC coilovers that need some love and rebuilding for 150. That is a better option in my opinion
The Following User Says Thank You to pmartz16 For This Useful Post:
tabo (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #5

obijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,455 Times in 646 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 70 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You made a thread titled "I want to do it right (suspension)." And then came into the thread and said you wanted racelands. That is oxymoronic. That is not doing it right, that is doing it cheap. And usually cheap (as in inferior) and right are far apart. That being said there are to many suspension threads like this one already. You need to search more.
SLOWHATCH likes this.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 636 (Zx6r)- Green/ Black

2014 Honda Grom-Red

2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350- Blue

2007 Yamaha Raptor 700 GYTR- White-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
obijack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to obijack For This Useful Post:
daafisch (08-22-2013), Design (08-23-2013), evil MS3 (08-22-2013), Pu Manchu (08-23-2013), Quigs (08-22-2013), Raider (08-23-2013), tabo (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #6

evil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,331 Times in 713 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Titles thread "Looking to do it right"

Decideds on Ricelands.
 Old 08-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,199 Times in 2,341 Posts
Groaned at 35 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by tabo View Post
and i understand the fanboys will be saying, "if i want to do it right stay away from cheap coils" so please stray away from crap comments like that please.

thanks in advance!
How about this for a comment.

Swim to an island where morphine is as of yet undiscovered and insert a coconut into your anus. You fucking imbecile.
SLOWHATCH likes this.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
daafisch (08-22-2013), evil MS3 (08-22-2013), himurax13 (08-23-2013), ms6mil (08-23-2013), Pu Manchu (08-23-2013), Raider (08-23-2013), Shayne-ms3 (08-22-2013), SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013), tabo (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #8

adrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the worldadrager622 is the leader of the world
Groans: 46
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Doing your suspension "right" would not include a cheap set of coilovers. Either get a nice spring/strut combo or save up more and get a quality set of coilovers. Rear camber arms are a must with coilovers, and I would also suggest new end links and a rear sway bar. But if you want to do it correctly, stay away from Racelands. If price is an issue, maybe look into swifts+ konis/bilsteins.
adrager622 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adrager622 For This Useful Post:
cghms3 (08-22-2013), tabo (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #9

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

@tabo;

This didn't go the way you thought it would....

In between the lines there's some good advice.

"if anyone else acts a fool, we'll punish them to Roberts oil hut to discuss string alignment technique"
-wetzel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013), tabo (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by zenit View Post
@tabo;

This didn't go the way you thought it would....

In between the lines there's some good advice.

Lol, It's a fanboy forum this is what i expect from all forums.

I'm fully aware that cheap coils aren't the right way to go maybe I should have been a little more clear before I jumped into the burning pit of pro car customizing cocks.

I'm getting coils what else is needed to maintain proper drive ability. My search came up with rear camber arms and i don't feel like reading through a 10 page nator post.

But hey thanks for the "read between the lines" help. Totally appreciate it.
SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-23-2013, 02:37 AM   #11

Quigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the worldQuigs is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

i don't feel like reading
Obviously.

Hence the thread asking a silly question with horrible grammar and typing.

In all seriousness though...if you knew what reaction you would get to your question and you already knew that you weren't going to listen to any advice from the people that actually have done it right, then why even ask the question? I'm not asking to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious.

2009 Mazdaspeed3
Bolted, Mounted, Hypnotic Tuned

2000 Mazda Miata MX-5
NASA TTE build ongoing

Quigs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quigs For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #12

evil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the worldevil MS3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lol, It's a fanboy forum this is what i expect from all forums.
You're an idiot. It has nothing to do with being fanboys and everything to do with not wanting to put cheap, shitty coilovers on our cars because we want them to perform.

Enjoy your shit ass suspension so you can drop it on it's nuts.

A little tapa tapa taparoo...
 Old 08-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #13

bislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the worldbislag is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

At least splurge for the sonic tuning coils. Or donate and get a definitively better used set on the cheap.
 Old 08-23-2013, 04:59 AM   #14

almcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

i, along with everyone else wouldnt recommend raceland, but either way, im not sure if the speed3 ball joints are adjustable or not, if not id recommend do those while youre down there

actually i would just go with a shock and spring set up instead,. it would be a little more than the racelands but not as much as lets say bc coilovers and the quality will be much better

ETS TMIC | HTP 3" Intake | Turboxs Hybrid BOV | JBR RMM | Ralco RZ STS | CP-E Triple Dash Pod | Prosport Gauges | Bilstein HD Shocks | H&R Springs | SPC Adjustable Ball Joints | Corksport Strut Bar | CP-E Diff Mount | Whiteline RSB | Autotech HPFP | Cobb AP V3 | M2 DP | PU Rims | Unicorn Jizz | Rotella T6 Blood

Next to come : ???????????

Last edited by almcbs; 08-23-2013 at 04:59 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
almcbs is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm fully aware that cheap coils aren't the right way to go maybe I should have been a little more clear before I jumped into the burning pit of pro car customizing cocks.
Welcome to MSF.

But hey thanks for the "read between the lines" help. Totally appreciate it.
You might want to post some non-defensive feedback here about the advice you've gotten, so we can help you out in "doing it right"?

Here are some nuggets for you to chew on- If your rear camber is between 1.5-2.5, and you're running 0 zero toe, tire wear shouldn't be an issue. No need for camber links. You might be able to push this to 3 degrees. Does this meet your goals with going to 1-1.5 inches?

Your next stop is here for information on lowering-MS3 Suspension Geometry?
 Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #16
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,009 Times in 14,590 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377261566.685368.jpg
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
HawkeyeGeoff (08-23-2013), nybe0010 (08-23-2013), Playaj (08-23-2013), Quigs (08-24-2013), SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #17

cghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant futurecghms3 has a brilliant future
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

In a few weeks I will have a nice set of Tein COILOVERS for sale - I will even throw in the EDFC controller. I'm "downgrading" to Bilstein B8 struts/shocks and Cobb springs....
cghms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #18

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
Obviously.

Hence the thread asking a silly question with horrible grammar and typing.

In all seriousness though...if you knew what reaction you would get to your question and you already knew that you weren't going to listen to any advice from the people that actually have done it right, then why even ask the question? I'm not asking to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious.

again, i probably wasn't as clear as i should have been. I was looking for responses along the lines of zenit, where people would give me information on what else is needed when lowering the car.
I'm not car retarded and know that geometry gets pootched when you lower a car and didn't want to excessively go through tires because of bad toe/camber. hence wanting to do it right with the proper hardware aside form the coils itself.

i could go out and buy used coils, but who knows why the seller is selling them, i could be out 800 for a used set because something is bent or fucked up. for my own piece of mind i like to have new out of the box and at the cost of coils the racelands fit my budget.

I'm not sure if it's still going but a while back there was a rather large thread about the raceland coils and only people that were giving it a hard time were the people that didn't run them on their own cars.

hope this clears the air, and thank you zenit for actually helping me out.
 Old 08-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

https://www.google.com/search?q=raceland+fail
 Old 08-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm not car retarded
I have yet to see proof otherwise.

i could go out and buy used coils, but who knows why the seller is selling them, i could be out 800 for a used set because something is bent or fucked up.
Or you can buy Ricelands and know that right out of the box they are shit.
 Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #21

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,030 Times in 622 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

At least do yourself a favor and talk to fellow owners who have run them for 10K+ miles. Chances are you'll spend more money in downtime/replacement than saving up for a decent entry level system. That said, I can see no one here is going to talk you out of Racelands. Just keep in mind that when something fails - even under warranty - it's a minimum 2 week downtime until replacement components are in your hands.

Here are my recommendations:

- Adjustable rear camber arms
- Adjustable front endlinks
- Low profile foor jack
- Roadside assistance
- High risk insurance
- Prozac

Ownership & Build Thread
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Design For This Useful Post:
tabo (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #22

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,013 Posts
Groans: 274
Groaned at 103 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i could go out and buy used coils, but who knows why the seller is selling them, i could be out 800 for a used set because something is bent or fucked up. for my own piece of mind i like to have new out of the box and at the cost of coils the racelands fit my budget.
Not only do they fit your budget, they will also fit in your over sized anus when they blow and you realize that we were all trying to steer you away from making a bad decision,(since you at least donated) but you are too set on your subpar decision.

Had you taken the time to read the dedicated thread to these coils, you could have formed your own opinion and found what you needed. Instead, you wanted to be spoon fed the info. Sorry the thread was too long for you. Get used to getting flamed if you don't have the time to search for yourself.
SLOWHATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLOWHATCH For This Useful Post:
Playaj (08-23-2013), Quigs (08-24-2013)
 Old 08-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #23

almcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond reputealmcbs has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

i turn your attention to post number 1174
Raceland Coilovers

I can understand wanting to get cheaper version of things becuase they are in your budget (i am the same), but the last thing you want is to end up spending twice as much fixing stuff instead of just doing it right from the begining. Not only is it a big PITA for you, but it also gives all of us the benefit of saying that we told you so.

ETS TMIC | HTP 3" Intake | Turboxs Hybrid BOV | JBR RMM | Ralco RZ STS | CP-E Triple Dash Pod | Prosport Gauges | Bilstein HD Shocks | H&R Springs | SPC Adjustable Ball Joints | Corksport Strut Bar | CP-E Diff Mount | Whiteline RSB | Autotech HPFP | Cobb AP V3 | M2 DP | PU Rims | Unicorn Jizz | Rotella T6 Blood

Next to come : ???????????
almcbs is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #24

Playaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the worldPlayaj is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I sadly read that whole cluster fuck of a thread about the Ricelands and def decided against them. If you would have read it you would have seen that even the people who thought that they were ok, ended up changing them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
2009 Black Speed3 - AP, JBR Powerpath stage II Sri, JBR 70 duro tmm, JBR Ssb, JBR Short shift kit, JBR RSB, JBR 5mm spacers, ETS Tmic, TWM big type-R shift knob, RX-8 wheels, CPE Stage 2 rmm, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's

to be installed :
3 Port EBCS
HTP 3" intake/ MAF/ TIH
Autotech internals
Corksport Pmm
Test pipe
SBC Rear Camber Arms
Playaj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Playaj For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013)
 Old 08-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thread name changed to reflect the real meaning.
HawkeyeGeoff likes this.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
blackmicamps6 (08-23-2013), Design (08-23-2013), ms6mil (08-23-2013), obijack (08-23-2013), Playaj (08-27-2013), pmartz16 (08-23-2013), SLOWHATCH (08-23-2013), We Are Ninja (09-21-2013)