register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes Discussion for suspension items like coilovers, springs, sway bars, mounts,chassis bracing and brakes.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By rymanmazda
  • 1 Post By DVM17
  • 1 Post By Vansquish

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,214 Times in 2,345 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 35 Times in 20 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default MS6 Whiteline RSB The Shit It is Not

Although it appears quite a few people have installed Whiteline RSBs on MS6s without issue, this was not the case on mine. This thing must have been bent by an inebriated lesbian or someone with something resembling the true meaning of gross incompetence.

This RSB will hit the opening of the LCA no matter how you position it. It is about 1/2" to 3/4" wider between extension arms than the stock RSB. In addition, it is about a full inch longer on one side than then other. If you think you are going to get something even close to a balanced set up with this thing you might as well ride a lawn mower.

I tried fixing it by drilling holes and grinding away but at the end it's just better I throw the thing in the trash. Shipping it back to vendor on my dime is not worth the money or trouble.

TL Dr. Whiteline is shit don't buy.

Side to side difference in length.

Fail

Old 06-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #2

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,855 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I will be experimenting with disconnecting the RSB at the track, if I like it, the bar will be removed for good.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Tomas (06-11-2014)
 Old 06-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #3

rymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,116 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The problem is that Whiteline RSB is really the only option for us MS6 guys.
Mods: Cobb AP, MSD Dashhawk, GT3076r, HTP 3" SRI, FMIC w/ tr8, Wiseco Pistons (9.5:1), Manely Rods, HPFP AutoTech Intenals, NJSPEED3 Ported Intake Manifold w/ VCTS Delete, Turbosmart BPV, Grimspeed 3-Port EBCS, NGK Iridium One Step Colder Plugs, 3.0" ATP Turbo Dowpipe w/ high flow cat, Devil's Own Stage 1 Methanol/Water Injection Kit, 50/50 Methanol, ACT 6 puck sprung w/ streetlite flywheel, Block8head vent pod, Prosport Performance Boost Gauge Amber/White, Cipher Auto Harness Bar, Cipher Auto 4-point Racing Harness, BC Racing Coilovers, CP-E rear diff mount, JBR RMM 80A, SPC Front Adjustable Ball Joints, Enkei Raijin Hypersilver 18x8 +45, 225/45/18
-Autocross Setup-
17x8 +38, BF Goodrich R1 225/45/17

Other Rides:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT BCM: 114k miles, never modded (Totaled March 2013)
1969 Ford Ranchero: 351 Windsor, Edelbrock 600cfm, fully re-done interior (w/ Grant steering wheel, '91 T-Bird SC racing bucket seats), C-6 Automatic Trans w/ shifter kit, First, body work, then drag racing and dumping money into it.
1969 Pontiac Firebird: 4:11 gears, 28x10 ET Streets (Middle of restoration with father)
1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: 174k miles, 5 speed, Fiberglass Baja Front clip, 2in body lift, 4in suspension lift, 33x10 BFG All-Terrains, Custom Smittybuilt Bumpers, Custom Intake (SOLD)
rymanmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #4

Big Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the world
Groans: 89
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This is disappointing. I have one on the shelf to install........Fuck. I guess I'll be inspecting it tonight.
Big Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #5

scubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the worldscubasteve711 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,034 Times in 437 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ugh not pleased to hear this...

@Code Monkey did you change the spring rates in the rear?

Go Faster: CorkSport SRI/TIP, SU Test Pipe, SU TMIC, Autotech Internals, ITV22's, Cobb AP
Anti break stuff: Upper Rear Diff Brace, RMM
Appearence: STRI DSD Boost Guage/Blockhead 60mm Guage Pod
scubasteve711 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #6

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,855 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by scubasteve711 View Post
ugh not pleased to hear this...

@Code Monkey did you change the spring rates in the rear?
Will be running 1000 lbs in the front, 600 lbs in the rear.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,979 Times in 2,782 Posts
Groans: 1,901
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rymanmazda View Post
The problem is that Whiteline RSB is really the only option for us MS6 guys.
Strictly speaking, that's not accurate.

Corksport sells one too, but it's not adjustable.

That said, I've got a CP-E rear diff mount, and a Whiteline RSB sitting in my closet waiting for me to work up the chutzpah to install them, and when I get home from work today, I'm going to measure the shit out of the RSB.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #8

rymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the worldrymanmazda is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,116 Times in 503 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Vansquish View Post
Strictly speaking, that's not accurate.

Corksport sells one too, but it's not adjustable.

That said, I've got a CP-E rear diff mount, and a Whiteline RSB sitting in my closet waiting for me to work up the chutzpah to install them, and when I get home from work today, I'm going to measure the shit out of the RSB.
True!

This was going to be my next purchase but now I don't know what to get.

Also, If you need any help with installing that rear diff mount, HMU and I'll try my best to help over the internet! I've had to install and uninstall one 3 times. It takes me all by myself about 4 hours.
Vansquish and ItsNox like this.
Mods: Cobb AP, MSD Dashhawk, GT3076r, HTP 3" SRI, FMIC w/ tr8, Wiseco Pistons (9.5:1), Manely Rods, HPFP AutoTech Intenals, NJSPEED3 Ported Intake Manifold w/ VCTS Delete, Turbosmart BPV, Grimspeed 3-Port EBCS, NGK Iridium One Step Colder Plugs, 3.0" ATP Turbo Dowpipe w/ high flow cat, Devil's Own Stage 1 Methanol/Water Injection Kit, 50/50 Methanol, ACT 6 puck sprung w/ streetlite flywheel, Block8head vent pod, Prosport Performance Boost Gauge Amber/White, Cipher Auto Harness Bar, Cipher Auto 4-point Racing Harness, BC Racing Coilovers, CP-E rear diff mount, JBR RMM 80A, SPC Front Adjustable Ball Joints, Enkei Raijin Hypersilver 18x8 +45, 225/45/18
-Autocross Setup-
17x8 +38, BF Goodrich R1 225/45/17

Other Rides:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT BCM: 114k miles, never modded (Totaled March 2013)
1969 Ford Ranchero: 351 Windsor, Edelbrock 600cfm, fully re-done interior (w/ Grant steering wheel, '91 T-Bird SC racing bucket seats), C-6 Automatic Trans w/ shifter kit, First, body work, then drag racing and dumping money into it.
1969 Pontiac Firebird: 4:11 gears, 28x10 ET Streets (Middle of restoration with father)
1998 Toyota Tacoma 4x4: 174k miles, 5 speed, Fiberglass Baja Front clip, 2in body lift, 4in suspension lift, 33x10 BFG All-Terrains, Custom Smittybuilt Bumpers, Custom Intake (SOLD)
rymanmazda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rymanmazda For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (06-10-2014)
 Old 06-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #9

speedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the worldspeedtoz is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a white line rsb. Kinda scared now. Lol

^^^My fail boats^^^

2006 mazdaspeed 6: fujita CAI, PG TIP, Turbosmart dual BOV, ITV22, Corksprt TBE, Cobb AP, SURE front/rear diff mounts(FTW), whiteline RSB

1978 280z(s30): currently needs some love....and going turbo o.0

1990 300zx: 850cc injectors, 300degree fuel rail, aeromotive FPR, garrett gt 28's twin turbo upgrade(@19psi), stillen IC's, CZP's 3in dp and mid pipe, Selin dual intakes, GTR R32 brakes, Nismo clutch, HKS hi-power exhaust, megan coil-overs, SPL full titanium suspension parts, z1 boost tubes, 2 AEM AFR's, AEM boost guage
RWHP:???? RWTRQ: 475@4500 rpm. needs new clutch(blown).

2008 350z HR: Greddy dual Ti-C, Carbonetics LSD, Nismo diff, GTM TP's, Stillen CAI's
(waiting on full metal CSC and carbonetic clutch and light wieght flywheel, then it's TT time!) currently on hold due to needing new clutch and flywheel/metal csc and master. wanting skyline manifold.
speedtoz is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #10

ms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the worldms6mil is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,182 Times in 2,582 Posts
Groans: 307
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I thought Corksport stopped selling the RSB for the MS6. I haven't seen it on their interwebz for a while.
@Tomas; will the lower profile RSB bushings that you chimed make any relevant difference in clearance? Or would the mm's be neglible?

ms6mil Rear Axle Breakdown

EBTEC Motor ¤ PTE 5862 ¤ Custom 3" Exhaust ¤ Bosch 3.5 Bar ¤ Custom 4" Intake ¤ CS Seals ¤ JBR EBCS ¤ Kozmic DP ¤ TurboSmart BOV ¤ Treadstone TR10 FMIC ¤ NGK's ¤ AT Internals ¤ 6th Port ¤ DO Meth ¤ CPE Exh Manifold ¤ Tial 44mm EWG ¤ JMF Manifold ¤ COBB AP ¤ 18x8 Tenzo Cuzco's ¤ H&R Coilovers ¤ Dual OCC ¤ Guardian Angel
GT3076 - 393/380 3/9 e85
GT3076 - 426/400 E85/DO10 Meth
PTE5862 - TBD
ms6mil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ms6mil For This Useful Post:
Tomas (06-11-2014)
 Old 06-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #11

6erforlife has much to be proud of6erforlife has much to be proud of6erforlife has much to be proud of6erforlife has much to be proud of6erforlife has much to be proud of6erforlife has much to be proud of6erforlife has much to be proud of6erforlife has much to be proud of6erforlife has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've got one sitting in my room waiting for install as well. This is the first I've heard of such a problem and I've been perusing the forums for awhile now. On 6club, all the old OG's used to praise the whiteline sway bar for how much of a difference it makes to the car
Liquid Platinum 07 Speed 6 #10177
JBR 80duro RMM, Sure Juggernaut, Sure Dreadnaught
GTX3071, Cobb AP, HTP3.5" Intake, Streetunit TMIC, M2 DP, TurboSmart BOV, Grimmspeed EBCS, AT Internals, GP Werks BSD & Baffle, Denso ITV22, TWM Stage 2, Dashhawk, JBR OCC, JBR TB TIG, SURE IM TIG, VTCS Delete, Ford Transit Oil Filter Conversion, Clean Valves!
LED tail lights, 20% tint, EVO X rims and VG Sharkfin
Big Turbo baby!
6erforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #12

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,528 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah well, at least the stabilizer bars are really easy to take in and out of the rear.
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dale_gribble For This Useful Post:
Tomas (06-11-2014)
 Old 06-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #13

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,700 Times in 1,065 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im confused, it has been know that the "adjustablity" does not work, that you have to bolt to the stiffer setting and you have to cut the end off so they do no hit. Did you run it without doing that and that is why it is bent or? if that is the case the thing is junk to bend that easily.
When I got mine I bought the non adjustable one which did not exist but was cheaper so they sent the adjustable one, I cut off ends and it fits. I will have to go back to 6club to find more info but the fact that yours is out of wack I cannot explain as must be a manufacture defect or ??? Do you have it mounted in the bushings w/ brackets on the floor when you are measuring?
Did you buy it new? or off a car that was totaled? (just asking...)
Issue is it is so tight up there after diff mount that making one fit has to be perfect. There is also the issue of keeping it center where someone mentioned xyz hose and hose clamps IDK...
MS6 - BNRs3 - Cobb AP - JBR Tru-3.0 - Spearco FMIC - MAC EBCS - Synapse BOV - DNP - CPE DP->MF - SU RRM - TTFMM - TT + CPE Diff Mounts - Mrlilguy HPFP - Projector HID fogs - TSX projector retrofit - LI jammers - Advan RZs w/ 245 PSSs - Koni - WL RSB
aviator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aviator79 For This Useful Post:
Tomas (06-11-2014)
 Old 06-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #14

LaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,090 Times in 443 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 137 Times in 134 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's bizarre. I installed a Whiteline RSB on my MS6 only 3 months ago..no issues, no modification needed.
 Old 06-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #15

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by LaraS View Post
That's bizarre. I installed a Whiteline RSB on my MS6 only 3 months ago..no issues, no modification needed.
A new one? They may have finally changed the design as its been 6 years...
MS6 - BNRs3 - Cobb AP - JBR Tru-3.0 - Spearco FMIC - MAC EBCS - Synapse BOV - DNP - CPE DP->MF - SU RRM - TTFMM - TT + CPE Diff Mounts - Mrlilguy HPFP - Projector HID fogs - TSX projector retrofit - LI jammers - Advan RZs w/ 245 PSSs - Koni - WL RSB
rymanmazda (06-10-2014)
 Old 06-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #16

Big Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post

I bought mine from RPM at the end of April. So mine is fairly new. I should have time to install it and the diff mount in a couple weeks.
 Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just take a pic of it. I do not think they changed the design. But how @LaraS; would not cluck if she had not cut the ends off IDK as she is lowered and that makes it worse.

... Do you have it mounted in the bushings w/ brackets on the floor when you are measuring?
had to look at a pic to see that this would/could not be issue. Did you order nascar version?

Last edited by aviator79; 06-10-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Tomas (06-11-2014)
 Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #18
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The bar was bought new.

The measurements were taken with the bar flat on the floor. You don't need to hold it down with brackets in the position the pictures were taken.

Yes, if you just cut the ends of the bar and shave off some of the material on the lower part of the flat spot where the links connect to you can clear the bar hitting the LCA. But even then, at least in my case, the link was so far to the back in the "hard" setting of the bar that the upper hem joint of the link would hit the opening in the LCA. That's due to the much longer (about 1") arm on the driver's side as opposed to the passenger side as pictured in the OP.

The OEM bar does not have stops on it to keep it from moving side ways. I don't think the hose and clamp trick to keep it centered is needed.

Also, I think Racingbeat makes a sway bar combo for the MS6. Not sure if it's a 24,mm bar or what in the rear.

Originally Posted by ms6mil View Post
I thought Corksport stopped selling the RSB for the MS6. I haven't seen it on their interwebz for a while.
@Tomas; will the lower profile RSB bushings that you chimed make any relevant difference in clearance? Or would the mm's be neglible?

ms6mil Rear Axle Breakdown
The bushings will help a little bit but not much. The clearance part on the bar is fixable its just a pain in the ass. Just overall shoddy workmanship.

Just take a pic of it. I do not think they changed the design. But how @LaraS; would not cluck if she had not cut the ends off IDK as she is lowered and that makes it worse.

had to look at a pic to see that this would/could not be issue. Did you order nascar version?
Don't even know what the Nascar version is?

Last edited by Tomas; 06-11-2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
ms6mil (06-11-2014)
 Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #19

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,753 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

nascar version is a joke about offset for turning left.....
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
Tomas (06-11-2014)
 Old 06-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #20
Eth Fiend

phate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the worldphate is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,725 Times in 5,871 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That sucks. Guess I should measure mine, because it was installed before I started assuming all parts made for the MS6 are fucked up and it'll either need tweaked, ground down, or I'll just have to make my own version of it.

www.mazdamotorsports.com <<--Mazda racer support program that is free to join and will save you a ton of money.
phate is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #21

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,066 Times in 2,314 Posts
Groans: 819
Groaned at 86 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

@jbarone;

stop being a cunt
 Old 06-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #22

LaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the worldLaraS is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,090 Times in 443 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 137 Times in 134 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah I bought it brand new in January. I'll take photos of it this weekend.
 Old 06-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #23

5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world5LOWMS6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 46
Groaned at 37 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been getting a weird clunk from the left side only since I've put my coilovers on, I now have a better idea on where it's coming from. The problem is it clears the lca when the car is on jacks. I just hope my rsb isn't completely fucked like yours OP.

On a side note, it did make a huge difference on stock suspension and it wasn't hitting the LCA even on hard bumps.

Is it possible to measure those ends while it's installed? I'll be taking a look at it this weekend and I'll post some pictures for reference.

COBB AP // 3" ID MAF // 3" HTP TIP // Ebay catless DP // Autotech FPI // DO DVC-30 w/D07 // Grimmspeed EBCS // FORGE V1 BPV // DM OCC // JBR SSP|TIGs|EGR- // SURE RMM|Juggernaught // CP-E TMIC|Rear Diff Mount // Whiteline RSB // ISC N1 Coilovers // 18x8 +45 TSW Nurburgring

MisterSix Tuned..
vdyno: 287hp/335tq Uncorrected (2400ft ASL) 303hp/355tq Corrected
5LOWMS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5LOWMS6 For This Useful Post:
Tomas (06-11-2014)
 Old 06-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #24
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can get an idea on difference in arm length by looking at how the rods on the links sit inside the LCA.

Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
nascar version is a joke about offset for turning left.....
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited by Tomas; 06-11-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5LOWMS6 View Post
I've been getting a weird clunk from the left side only since I've put my coilovers on, I now have a better idea on where it's coming from. The problem is it clears the lca when the car is on jacks. I just hope my rsb isn't completely fucked like yours OP.

On a side note, it did make a huge difference on stock suspension and it wasn't hitting the LCA even on hard bumps.

Is it possible to measure those ends while it's installed? I'll be taking a look at it this weekend and I'll post some pictures for reference.

I would be interested in your findings. I am going to stick with stock suspension pretty much indefinitely. I only wanted the RSB to even things out. Did you find it did this quite well? I'm wondering if the issue is more common with lowered or heavily modified suspension cars. Keep us posted.
 Old 06-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

Double post - stupid phone.
 Old 06-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #27
JBR
Approved MSF Vendor

JBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,819 Times in 2,747 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 79 Times in 53 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Monotonous ONE View Post
@jbarone;

stop being a cunt
What the heck did I do?

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #28

dale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the worlddale_gribble is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,528 Times in 2,900 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

He probably wants you to make us a swaybar?
BILSTEIN - H&R SPRINGS - 18x8.5 +48 ROTA SVN - 265/35R18 HTR ZIII
MINI H1 6.0 - CAR LED TAILS

SEE MORE USING !SHOUTTAG.COM - ENTER: !6SPEED6
dale_gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #29
JBR
Approved MSF Vendor

JBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the worldJBR is the leader of the world
Thanked 13,819 Times in 2,747 Posts
Groans: 28
Groaned at 79 Times in 53 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dale_gribble View Post
He probably wants you to make us a swaybar?
I kinda figured...lol.

Not going to happen<-----No way to sugar coat it either, sorry.

Mazda Performance Parts & Accessories // JamesBaroneRacing.com
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #30

SpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Groaned at 22 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jbarone View Post
What the heck did I do?
Billet Aluminium MS6 Swaybar coming soon right? Or we'll pick your bone... Pricetag: 1k

CP-E Atmosphere Kit GTX3076 Tial 0.82AR / EWG / 3,25" MAF / Catless DP
Simons 3" Catback CP-E Diff Mount HDI FMIC HTP Battery Relocation
Corksport: Rear Brace Bar - Front Strut Bar - Stubby Antenna - Interior + Underhood LED Kit
JBR: TMM+PMM+RMM - Short Shift Kit /w Bushings - TIG Throttle - Coolant Bypass - EGR Delete - JBR OCC Stage 2
Whiteline Rear Swaybar SPC Camber Joints Turbosmart BPV Autotech Internals SURE Juggernaught Stratified Guardian Angel & Boost Dial NGK IX @ 0.025
Bosch 3 bar MAP w/ PNP Harness Block8Head Dual Gauge Pod Defi Racer Boost & Oil Pressure & Oil Temp
Techna-Fit Clutch Line + Brake Lines ATE Super Blue Racing ProSport Oil Filter Adapter Mazda Spin-On Conversion + NPT/BSPT adapter

Not installed yet: SP63 longblock, FreekTune 4" Intake, JBR TIG IM, DM Meth Spacer

290 AWHP / K04
370 AWHP / GTX3076 @ 23 psi
SpeedRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedRebirth For This Useful Post:
JBR (06-12-2014)
 Old 06-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #31

Monotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the worldMonotonous ONE is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,066 Times in 2,314 Posts
Groans: 819
Groaned at 86 Times in 66 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I kinda figured...lol.

You're just being coy.

Its probably in development and you dont want to talk about it. I understand.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #32

SpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the worldSpeedRebirth is the leader of the world
Groans: 33
Groaned at 22 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
Also, I think Racingbeat makes a sway bar combo for the MS6. Not sure if it's a 24,mm bar or what in the rear.
The package you talk about must have an error in the description.
Looked at Racing Beat's website and they have the front bar that fits both M6 and MS6. But the rear is only compatible with FWD.
Sway Bar Package
"Racing Beat - 28.5mm (1.125") Front, 27mm (1.0625") Rear (Both bars utilize solid tubing.)"

Sway Bar - Rear
"This bar is not compatible with the MazdaSpeed6 models, the rear bar for the MazdaSpeed application features a large U-shaped bend in the center of the bar to clear the AWD components."

CP-E Atmosphere Kit GTX3076 Tial 0.82AR / EWG / 3,25" MAF / Catless DP
Simons 3" Catback CP-E Diff Mount HDI FMIC HTP Battery Relocation
Corksport: Rear Brace Bar - Front Strut Bar - Stubby Antenna - Interior + Underhood LED Kit
JBR: TMM+PMM+RMM - Short Shift Kit /w Bushings - TIG Throttle - Coolant Bypass - EGR Delete - JBR OCC Stage 2
Whiteline Rear Swaybar SPC Camber Joints Turbosmart BPV Autotech Internals SURE Juggernaught Stratified Guardian Angel & Boost Dial NGK IX @ 0.025
Bosch 3 bar MAP w/ PNP Harness Block8Head Dual Gauge Pod Defi Racer Boost & Oil Pressure & Oil Temp
Techna-Fit Clutch Line + Brake Lines ATE Super Blue Racing ProSport Oil Filter Adapter Mazda Spin-On Conversion + NPT/BSPT adapter

Not installed yet: SP63 longblock, FreekTune 4" Intake, JBR TIG IM, DM Meth Spacer

290 AWHP / K04
370 AWHP / GTX3076 @ 23 psi
SpeedRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedRebirth For This Useful Post:
Tomas (06-12-2014)
 Old 06-12-2014, 09:57 AM   #33

DVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the worldDVM17 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,499 Times in 607 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 25 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I think this is the only time I don't blame JBR for not making us a RSB. Have you seen that thing? ugh... bends on bends on bends.

Jamie be like:

On a side note, kind of related, don't try to upgrade your axles without doing at least something to your rear sway bar (stock or not)

My brand new dss axle just tore it's boot. stock swaybar and all
JBR likes this.

12.07 @ 116 on 205 snow tires
hunting for 11's on 245's
DVM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DVM17 For This Useful Post:
JBR (06-13-2014)
 Old 06-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #34
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,979 Times in 2,782 Posts
Groans: 1,901
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

I kinda figured...lol.

So...SO tempted to groan this, but can't bring myself to do it...
JBR likes this.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
JBR (06-13-2014), scubasteve711 (06-12-2014)
 Old 06-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #35

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,687 Times in 1,836 Posts
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well you guys could pester @CorkSport; to bring theirs back into production. I love mine and the fitment is 100% on it.

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT Crystal White Pearl #07141

Damond Motorsports = PS Cooler - RMM - PMM - OCC
VersaTuner = Versatune
Clutchmasters = 850 Street Twindisk
Corksport = RDM - CBE - RSB - TMM Insert
Turbine Tech = Forward Diff Mount - FMM
CP-e = Exhaust Manifold - Injector Seals
PTE = JB 5862
JMF = Intake Manifold w/Custom PI
Kozmic = Downpipe - 6th Port - EGR Delete
Forge = V2 BPV
Tial = 44mm WG
Autotech = HPFP Internals
HTP = 4" Intake - Battery Tray
Bilstein = B6 Shocks w/Eibach springs
Grimmspeed = EBCS
Technafit = SS Brake Lines - SS Clutch Line
Enkei = EVOX GSR 18x8.5 +38 - NT03+M 17x9.5 +38
Custom = FMIC w/TR1035 - Shifter Cables - Shifter Bushings
Mazdazilla6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
Well you guys could pester @CorkSport; to bring theirs back into production. I love mine and the fitment is 100% on it.
We have been pestering them about MS6 parts in general. Just about everything they make that is MS6 specific is no longer available and is always out of stock. I'm kind of giving up.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Dog For This Useful Post:
leo766 (11-03-2016), rymanmazda (06-16-2014)