register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Suspension & Brakes Discussion for suspension items like coilovers, springs, sway bars, mounts,chassis bracing and brakes.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes
Closed Thread

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #121

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,687 Times in 1,836 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 21 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
i believe he has 12 sets for Gen1, 4-6 for genpu and 1 set for MS6.

he told me he was registering for vendor tonight and i dunno how long the application take to process by kevin but ill be your official MSF Sonic Tuning rep!!!
ONLY ONE FOR MS6??? Does that mean I can has dibs? Dibs.
 Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #122

Shive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant future
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
ONLY ONE FOR MS6??? Does that mean I can has dibs? Dibs.
Already called it!!! lol
 Old 06-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #123
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

we diddent think the MS6 would be as popular so he only ordered 2 sets (one being mine)

if you sign up for the group buy when it becomes available im sure he can place another order for the MS6 guys that are interested!
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
 Old 06-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #124

uncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the worlduncorked11 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,059 Times in 521 Posts
Groans: 165
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interested in these as well.

Stocked out selling parts.

2011 Black MS3
-GTX3071R , 38mm Tial Wastegate, CPE Exhaust Manifold, Cobb AP, HKS SSQV 4, Autotech Internals, JBR SSP & Bushings, JBR Fully mounted 88 duro, JBR OCC, JBR EGR delete, TWM M1Knob, H&R springs, Ultimate Racing Turbo back, NKG plugs, CP-E FMIC, big MAF, big TIP, Grimmspeed MBC, SPC Rear Camber Arms, JBR Sway bar.

2006 Jeep Wrangler
-20 grand of Shit
 Old 06-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #125

Shive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant futureShive has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

he told me he was registering for vendor tonight and i dunno how long the application take to process by kevin but ill be your official MSF Sonic Tuning rep!!!
Any news on the GB sir?
 Old 06-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #126
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Thanked 26,388 Times in 7,871 Posts
Groans: 793
Groaned at 496 Times in 321 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any news on the shock dyno?

Inb4 85% silicone core. It's better than aluminum.
What's you buddy's ex wife trap?
I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #127
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

still waiting for kevin to process the vendor application before i can do GB

apparently the shock dyno hasent happened yet because like i said before wei got married a few weeks ago and has still been catching up on things. ill make sure the shocks go out this week or next.
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
 Old 06-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #128

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,013 Posts
Groans: 274
Groaned at 103 Times in 23 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump for interest. How come the prices for S1 and S3 aren't listed separately? I only see the 899 price. I'm probably getting co's very soon. No longer happy with springs on stock dampers and no point in spending 600 for koni yellows and not have ride height adjustment.
 Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #129
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

im not 100% sure on what the GB pricing will be. AFAIK all the vendor applications have been completed but i can check anyway.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following User Says Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (07-02-2012)
 Old 07-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #130

narezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

are they making genpu coil overs by any chance?
 Old 07-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #131

SLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the worldSLOWHATCH is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well hopefully they post the prices soon. I am getting atnsy and about to order something I really don't want. I'd love to have a nice set of coilover for less than 1k. But I might settle for yellows for 500 ish. I just don't want to settle. I figure I can sell my swift springs after I get coils and make some money back.
 Old 07-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #132
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Tokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the worldTokay444 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I wouldn't buy a set of coilovers for less than a grand. I'd be afraid of how bad they'd be.

I <3 SP63, but that port job though... "The coolant must be evaporating." Bye Felicia
"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (07-02-2012)
 Old 07-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #133

Not Ranked  0 score     

Seems we don't have anything that is proven reliable for under $2k. (KWv3) Honestly, I don't want to cheap out, but I def don't want to spend more than 1k either. I think that's overkill for what I want and need. I figure I already have swift springs which I paid 275, plus yellows are going to be no less than 550 that's already 800+ and I have to settle for that ride height, not to mention a complete PITA to adjust the rear shocks.

I might as well get some coil overs and be able to adjust ride height and make the car look how I want it to, and not have to remove the rear shocks every time I want to change the damper setting. I'm not looking to go slammed or herra flush, but maybe a little lower than it is now and better handling. I would be willing to bet a set of 1k coil overs would run circles around spring strut/shock combo.
 Old 07-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #134
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by narezzaspeed3 View Post
are they making genpu coil overs by any chance?
yes, i think they have 4 sets available

Originally Posted by SLOWHATCH View Post
Well hopefully they post the prices soon. I am getting atnsy and about to order something I really don't want. I'd love to have a nice set of coilover for less than 1k. But I might settle for yellows for 500 ish. I just don't want to settle. I figure I can sell my swift springs after I get coils and make some money back.
Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
I wouldn't buy a set of coilovers for less than a grand. I'd be afraid of how bad they'd be.

its easy to offer less expensive products when your a small shop and you dont have much overhead. i think wei said it costs ~$75 in shipping costs if he ships them via boat from taiwan which takes 6-8 weeks. its $250 a set to ship them via air and thats 10-14 days. he ordered 12-15 sets via boat 3 months ago to help save some money for you guys which is going to substantially lower the price of the sets.

companies like BC/megan prob charge you the $250 cost when they really only are paying the $75 shipping cost. thats the beauty of working with a small company like sonic tuning cause Wei is all a bout the customer. He does enough volume with other platforms like BMW that he really wants to get into the mazdaspeed stuff.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
SLOWHATCH (07-02-2012)
 Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #135
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Seems we don't have anything that is proven reliable for under $2k. (KWv3) Honestly, I don't want to cheap out, but I def don't want to spend more than 1k either. I think that's overkill for what I want and need. I figure I already have swift springs which I paid 275, plus yellows are going to be no less than 550 that's already 800+ and I have to settle for that ride height, not to mention a complete PITA to adjust the rear shocks.

I might as well get some coil overs and be able to adjust ride height and make the car look how I want it to, and not have to remove the rear shocks every time I want to change the damper setting. I'm not looking to go slammed or herra flush, but maybe a little lower than it is now and better handling. I would be willing to bet a set of 1k coil overs would run circles around spring strut/shock combo.
Adjusting ride height shouldn't really be about making the car "look" the way you want.
If you have the swift springs, get bilsteins and be done with it.
Swap back to stock springs if need be in the winter.
$1000 doesn't buy much in suspension.
Even the h&r coil overs cost 1600 and don't have any damping adjustment, are more in line with something for the mz3, yet I bet they are the best thing in they're price range.
Not sure if the mazdaspeed coilovers are still produced, but they're a viable option, but so far the AST grand am shocks are the best I've seen so for, and at 2500 bucks, really are a steal.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
grantmm (07-02-2012), SLOWHATCH (07-02-2012)
 Old 07-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #136
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

o btw if you havent heard like 60% of the DC metro area is still without power since friday so wei has been unable to use the interwebs at home or work to finish the application.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superskaterxes For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (07-02-2012), Tokay444 (07-02-2012)
 Old 07-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #137

narezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the worldnarezzaspeed3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes, i think they have 4 sets available

can you please link me to the genpu coil sets?
 Old 07-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #138
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

can you please link me to the genpu coil sets?
they arent on the website yet. they are the same as the gen1 just made to fit gen2.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
 Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #139

Not Ranked  0 score     

they arent on the website yet. they are the same as the gen1 just made to fit gen2.
how much are they?
 Old 07-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #140
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

how much are they?
*facepalm*

we're waiting to do a group buy. if you want more info feel free to call them. the number is in the OP
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
deadlandxtreme (07-03-2012)
 Old 07-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #141

MS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the worldMS3inDC is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,627 Times in 1,399 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 56 Times in 37 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I only see gen 1 coils

Will they fit the pu...?

<3

sent using ninjatroll

cobb ap v3 // RICHTUNE // autotech fpi // sp63 afc // cp-e nano // htp tip // nator dc fmic // nator dc PnP intake mani // hks ssqv *vta* // cs dp // su tp
jbr rmm(88duro) // jbr pmm(80duro) // cpe tm(75duro) // act 6-puck // act streetlite fw // jbr egr delete // md occ // sure ssb // nator dc sts // jbr hw shift knob
ebc red // rx-8s wrapped in conti dws 235/40s (winter) evo Xs wrapped in conti dw 235/40s (summer) www.sonictuning.com

311 whp - 345 lb/ft : Dynojet @ Moore Automotive *93 pump [4/13/13 MNM]
12.94 @ 109.00 @ Capitol Raceway *18' ASL [11/07/14]
Originally Posted by CWP_MS3 View Post
I would wear a pink unicorn shirt, and still call someone a faggot. Since when did MSFers begin to give fucks?...
 Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #142

Not Ranked  0 score     

okay im highly interested. :] how do i get to be part of this group buy and does the group buy arrangement give us moar discount?
 Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #143
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

okay im highly interested. :] how do i get to be part of this group buy and does the group buy arrangement give us moar discount?
sit tight young grasshopper.

like i said were just waiting for the power to come back on so wei can finish filling out all the forms to become and official vendor!

hang in there guys, i promise it will be worth it
SLOWHATCH likes this.
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
SLOWHATCH (07-03-2012)
 Old 07-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #144

MonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the worldMonstaSpeed6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 119
Groaned at 54 Times in 26 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm definitely in for the group buy!
JBR 3" WidePath -- CP-e 3.25" TMIC -- AutoTech HPFP -- Magnaflow Catback -- Sure Dreadnaught -- Denso ITV22 -- Cobb AccessPORT -- StopTech Slotted Rotors -- EBC Redstuff Pads -- White Line RSB--AWR Endlinks--H&R Coilovers--XXR 522 -- BFG Comp-2's 245s -- ATP FAILpipe -- Forge V2 -- JBR SSP

Rich Tuned 13.72 @ 103.83 - 93 Oct.
 Old 07-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #145

Not Ranked  0 score     

sit tight young grasshopper.

like i said were just waiting for the power to come back on so wei can finish filling out all the forms to become and official vendor!

hang in there guys, i promise it will be worth it
Sidebar: How are you liking the MS6 coilovers so far?
 Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #146

Neverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the worldNeverlift is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,371 Times in 2,495 Posts
Groans: 1,143
Groaned at 206 Times in 144 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are the rears on the MS6 an actual coilover?

Got a pic?
'06 MS6: COBB SRI/TIP//18x8 Enkei Imola//TooLateTuning Springs//SPC Balljoints//JBR RMM//Techna-Fit SS Clutch line
Bimmer Challenge & Global Time Attack Project
'99 BMW 328is: KW Variant3 w/ Vorshlag plates//AKG M3 Adj. Endlinks w/ 95 M3 FSB//18x9.5 +35 Advanti Optimo w/ 245/35 Hankook Z214 (C51)//E46 330i Front w/ Hawk DTC60 & E46 328i Rear w/ Hawk DTC50 & Hard Motorsport Ducting//Turner CTSCC Camber Arms//SLR Adjustable Lollipops//3 clutch 3.73 LSD//Welded 4 Point Gusseted X Brace Rollbar + Harness Bar//Sparco Ergo II w/ 6 point Schroth Clubman//Garagistic Delrin Motor & Trans Mounts, Rear Subframe, & Differential Bushings//OEM M3 Rear Subframe Reinforcement & Rear Trailing Arm Pocket Reinforcement//Z3 Steering Rack & Garagistic DSSR SSK//UUC Stage 2 Flywheel & M5 Clutch//S52 Camshafts w/ 7100 redline//M50 Intake Manifold//S50 Oilpan w/ VAC Baffle & Oil Filter Housing//CSF Radiator & Expansion Tank w/ Spal fan//3.5" MAF & Dinan CAI//#24 lb Injectors//VAC Fuel Starvation Kit//Active Autowerke GenII Header-back//OBD1 M52B28 w/ 230+whp
 Old 07-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #147
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Shive View Post
Sidebar: How are you liking the MS6 coilovers so far?

so far im loving them! no strange noises. i actually raised the car slightly from when i had it on the BC's and im actually using the full range of motion on everything now instead of being completely slammed. btw these will go low enough that your wheels will ride on the insides of the fenders lol

Originally Posted by another 6cms6 View Post
Are the rears on the MS6 an actual coilover?

Got a pic?

no the rears on the MS6 have a separate strut/spring
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
 Old 07-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #148

Not Ranked  0 score     

I want in fo sho. I'll try to be patient.
Ant, are these comfortable on the street? And what's the warranty on them if any?
 Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #149

Mazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the worldMazdazilla6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

So only 1 set available for the speed6? Will that be changing anytime soon?

And as for those mazdaspeed coilovers were they made for the speed6? If so do you have any info on them?

Last edited by Mazdazilla6; 07-04-2012 at 11:18 PM.
 Old 07-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #150
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I want in fo sho. I'll try to be patient.
Ant, are these comfortable on the street? And what's the warranty on them if any?
i have them on full stiff and i think they are still too soft cause i like my car to ride like a go-kart

@doubleflusher has them and AFAIK loves them on the street

Originally Posted by Mazdazilla6 View Post
So only 1 set available for the speed6? Will that be changing anytime soon?

And as for those mazdaspeed coilovers were they made for the speed6? If so do you have any info on them?
he only ordered 2 sets total for the MS6 cause he diddent think they would be possible but he can of course order more. if we can show some serious interest from the MS6 guys then we can see about getting the shipping expedited.

im not sure what your talking about as far as the mazdaspeed CO's
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
SLOWHATCH (07-05-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #151

doubleflusher has disabled reputation
Thanked 302,953 Times in 13,565 Posts
Groans: 1,443
Groaned at 329 Times in 304 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I do have these on my MS3, and I do love them.

Plus, they helped keep my car stable at the track.

Beanfab / Tuned by Nishan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doubleflusher For This Useful Post:
MS3inDC (07-05-2012), SLOWHATCH (07-05-2012), superskaterxes (07-05-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #152

Deldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,323 Posts
Groans: 118
Groaned at 44 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So i know this is a newb question so flame all you want.
I understand that coilovers in most cases give you alot of adjustability compared to a shock and spring setup. My question is how much worse is the ride compared to stock. Every car i have ever been in with coil overs it basically felt liek there was no suspension just metal rods where the suspension used to be. im sure in some cases this is wanted but mine being a DD i dont need anything this rough.
can coil overs ride ok as well?

Sorry for nub question.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #153
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Deldran View Post
I understand that coilovers in most cases give you alot of adjustability compared to a shock and spring setup. My question is how much worse is the ride compared to stock. Every car i have ever been in with coil overs it basically felt liek there was no suspension just metal rods where the suspension used to be. im sure in some cases this is wanted but mine being a DD i dont need anything this rough.

Sorry for nub question.
each and every car/coilover is different. if you set them for full soft the ride should still be comfortable but the general nature of coilovers isent going to make your car feel stock.

the spring rates on these arent terribly stiff, do you have an MS6 or MS3?
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
 Old 07-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #154

Deldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the worldDeldran is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,323 Posts
Groans: 118
Groaned at 44 Times in 34 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

each and every car/coilover is different. if you set them for full soft the ride should still be comfortable but the general nature of coilovers isent going to make your car feel stock.

the spring rates on these arent terribly stiff, do you have an MS6 or MS3?
MS3, oh i know it would be stiffer than stock. i am ok with that. i just dont want every pot hole or bump in the road i hit to feel like i bent a rim or something. Granted i try to avoid both of those just sometimes they cant be avoided

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deldran For This Useful Post:
SLOWHATCH (07-05-2012), superskaterxes (07-05-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #155
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

MS3, oh i know it would be stiffer than stock. i am ok with that. i just dont want every pot hole or bump in the road i hit to feel like i bent a rim or something. Granted i try to avoid both of those just sometimes they cant be avoided
sounds like you will be just fine with these
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
 Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #156

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tokay444 View Post
Not sure if the mazdaspeed coilovers are still produced, but they're a viable option.
I haven't heard anything on these and that's why I'm interested and if they are made for the speed6 does anyone have any info on them? Sorry for mini thread jack...
 Old 07-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #157
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't think they are ms6 available.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
 Old 07-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #158
Must Have Teh 10's!

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol of course the ms6 is available! how u think i am running them?
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
SLOWHATCH (07-05-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #159

Nliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the worldNliiitend1 is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,631 Times in 3,121 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry for nub question.
Come to a Nator IL meet and ride in my car if you want to know what a high-quality, dialed in coilover setup feels like.

I have the Mazdaspeed Coilovers (basically KW V3s) in my MS3. They never made any such product for the MS6 (which I'm sure is what @Tokay444 meant).

2008 MS3 GT
2016 MX-5 Club

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nliiitend1 For This Useful Post:
Mazdazilla6 (07-05-2012), silvapain (07-05-2012), Tokay444 (07-05-2012)
 Old 07-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #160
jbr makes fall-a-parts.

Not Ranked  0 score     

Precisely.

"Exclusivity" - CP-enis
Demodded.
The Seals
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokay444 For This Useful Post:
Nliiitend1 (07-05-2012)
Closed Thread