register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
CX7FORUMS.ORG - 2007+ Mazda CX-7 Forums
> CX-7 > How-To's

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Raider
  • 1 Post By lildisco

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,005 Times in 14,589 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Neutral  +2 score     
Default How to Change your CX-7 Cabin Filter

Thanks, Mazoom!

Open glove box, as usual and you will see the door held in with stoppers on each side -

Push in the sides with your hands until they're able to move past the stopper -

Next is the dampener -

It feels very flimsy but it will come off with minimal effort, just push it to the left -

Now, the door should come off completely, the entire door can come off now, just store it somewhere soft because the plastic will scratch very easily.

Next is the white door, just pull it out towards you -

It will reveal the cabin airfilter in all of it's glory -

Just pull it out, and watch out for debris from the filter, and you're done. Now.. was that worth paying the dealer $70 dollars to do?

The filter can be bought for around $22 dollars at your dealer and for cheaper online at www.onlinemazdaparts.com, buy in bulk or with other things to offset shipping costs.

The cabin filter should be replaced every 30,000 miles, or sooner if you live in a area with a lot of dust etc. in the air, and if you feel the cabin filter is hindering HVAC performance.

Reverse & Done..
Alpha Wolf and djmojo like this.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raider For This Useful Post:
Pedal-Force (10-20-2012)
 Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #2

beardog420 will become famous soon enoughbeardog420 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do all CX7's have a cabin filter?

Gone, but not forgotten
-----------------------------
2009 Chevy Trailblazer SS
2005 Mini Cooper S - To much to list
2002 Nissan Spec-V - To much to list
1986 Buick T-Type - 400sb on a 200 hit
1986 GMC Jimmy - Lifted for some fun in the mud
1987 VW Golf - 2.0L transplant
1988 Ford Rustang LX -306DSS Roller Motor
1980 Chevy Iroc-Z
1980 Chevy Monte Carlo - 355sb
beardog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
6 mods and some Kool-Aid

Raider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the worldRaider is the leader of the world
Thanked 57,005 Times in 14,589 Posts
Groans: 856
Groaned at 183 Times in 156 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yup!
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #4

lildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah, it's a good idea to change them out at least once a year. just depends on how dusty of an area you live in. You'll also notice less 'dust' on the dash too.

Originally Posted by TopGear Magazine
This is a good car, a fine family SUV that will serve you well, if unremarkably. It's on sale from 18 May, and its arrival signals the phasing out of the larger CX-7, like the 2 supermini, one of Mazda's underrated, underappreciated cars. Let's hope the CX-5 avoids the same fate. It deserves to.
Tuned with
lildisco is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #5

beardog420 will become famous soon enoughbeardog420 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice, i just bought mine last week and that wasnt a question i had when buying it nor was I really concerned about it having one or not....thanks

Gone, but not forgotten
-----------------------------
2009 Chevy Trailblazer SS
2005 Mini Cooper S - To much to list
2002 Nissan Spec-V - To much to list
1986 Buick T-Type - 400sb on a 200 hit
1986 GMC Jimmy - Lifted for some fun in the mud
1987 VW Golf - 2.0L transplant
1988 Ford Rustang LX -306DSS Roller Motor
1980 Chevy Iroc-Z
1980 Chevy Monte Carlo - 355sb
beardog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #6

Pedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the worldPedal-Force is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the write up Raider. Took about 2 minutes. My fiance's CX-7 is missing the glove box damper. Have to look into getting one. It just slams down.

Did my Speed3 at the same time. Took about 10 minutes for that one.
2010 MS3 - Liquid Silver - tech package, Nav, Bose - Cobb AP - HPFP from HPFPUpgrades - JBR Cro-Mo Dogbone RMM - JBR SSP and solid bushings - tinted windows - Ultragauge - CS SRI/TIP - Super duper tranny fluid - Denso ITV22 plugs.

wish list - Catted DP, EGR block off, intake and throttle thermal gaskets, OCC, throttle coolant bypass

maybe list - BSD, top or front IC, cat back exhaust

2010 CX-7 Grand Touring - Silver - Fiance's car (owned by me though).
Pedal-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-21-2014, 05:06 AM   #7

bka2623 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Vents a lot louder after changing cabin filter.

This was a big help when I changed my filter, but now it seems like the fan for the vents is a lot louder. Did I do something wrong??? I did put the filter in the right way, so I'm not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas?
bka2623 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-21-2014, 05:38 AM   #8

lildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond reputelildisco has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

There probably is debris in the fan. Check it out and make sure nothing is in there. I found a few leaves after i done mine
Padre likes this.

Originally Posted by TopGear Magazine
This is a good car, a fine family SUV that will serve you well, if unremarkably. It's on sale from 18 May, and its arrival signals the phasing out of the larger CX-7, like the 2 supermini, one of Mazda's underrated, underappreciated cars. Let's hope the CX-5 avoids the same fate. It deserves to.
Tuned with
lildisco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lildisco For This Useful Post:
Raider (02-21-2014)
 Old 02-21-2014, 06:15 AM   #9

bka2623 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll check it out. Thanks for the help!
bka2623 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #10

croy is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is it fairly easy to access the debris if it fell down in? I am hearing a noise after changing mine.
croy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #11

Buck79 has a spectacular aura aboutBuck79 has a spectacular aura aboutBuck79 has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just changed mine, don't think it has ever been touched in the 94000 miles it has been alive. Took about 5 minutes. It was so bad I don't see how I had any airflow at all!
Buck79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buck79 For This Useful Post:
Raider (01-04-2015)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f128/how-change-your-cx-7-cabin-filter-63606/
Posted By For Type Date
Google INTERIA.PL - szukaj: cabin filter mazda cx 7 This thread Refback 11-24-2013 11:36 AM
Wymiana filtra kabinowego This thread Refback 10-13-2013 01:36 PM
Where is the cabin filter and how do I change it? | AutoMD This thread Refback 03-15-2012 01:56 AM
Klub MazdaSpeed: Forum • Zobacz w?tek - [CX-7 ER] Wymiana filtra kabinowego This thread Refback 10-18-2011 03:27 PM