register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics - Tired of that stock stereo? Installing Nav units or mods to your current system? Come talk about it here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SSinstaller
  • 2 Post By Thor Hammer

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #1

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Adding a 4th bulb into MS6 front lght housing ?

I was not sure where to post this but here it is:
At this time of the year, days are short and i have to drive at night from work. To keep the road safe with ice and snow, the stuff they put makes a lot of dirt on our lens that affect our light output...

I tough about installing windshield washer nozzle like a volvo but never ended up doing it. Recently i totaled my 3sky because i didn't see a dear soon enough to avoid it....This give me a new motivation to improve my ms6 light output.

I don't want to replace lens by something rice and expensive, i'm far from adding a led bar on the roof either....

After looking for a blown bulb, I figured out that the ms6 lens have room for 4 bulbs but only use 3 spaces....
-High beam
-low beam
-flashers
The remaining place is free but caped with a plastic cap with a simili mirror paint....

First, is the US version is made the same ? If Mazda designed them with 4 spaces, there should be some use for it in some part of the world ?

IT seem to be easy to add another bulb into the free space but since the car is 12 years old i don't expect to be the first one to think about this but couldn't find anything on google about it....Is there anyone that made it here ?

Just for fun i got a set of GU10 home bulb with a round face that could fit there but i'm looking for something that work at 12v if someone have any idea just let me know...

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,555 Times in 1,681 Posts
Groans: 56
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Look for 03-05 mazda6 sport headlight. It should have a mount and lens for the foglight in that location.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 451c3980707e4021abfbd432515d259b_386.jpg (17.4 KB, 2 views)
Westbound likes this.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
Jeff23spl (02-05-2019), Tomas (02-07-2019)
 Old 02-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #3

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

interresting, 6 sport ? is it the v6 ?

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 02-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #4

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 203
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
interresting, 6 sport ? is it the v6 ?
Why bother with that? If you want to keep the stock DS2 HID bulb and dramatically improve light output then change the horrible low beam projector to a Morimoto 4TL-R.

https://hidkitpros.com/shop/bi-xenon...-r-projectors/

I bought a set and got the brackets to install from Shane Michael on Facebook. He sells and modifies MS6 headlights. Sold me the brackets separately for $50.

I mean to install a bulb in that location is going to require removing the lens anyhow. New ones are available on Ebay. Good reviews.

Adding another bulb in that location is not going to improve light output by much. I recently picked up a set of Morimoto V2.0 LED high beam (H1) Bit of a pain to install but wow. High beams are incredibly bright now.

Once I install the new projectors I will have high beam on my low beams as well.
Jeff23spl and Westbound like this.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

IT is another interesting option, i have spare lens so i will look into it. Is the special braket to fit acura bolt patern into our lens are complicated ? Do you think it is made out of a CNC machine shop or just a simple bracket set ?

Will you keep both high beam lights at the end ?

But the unused fog location from our lens is somewhat easy to reach, i will think about both options and figure out what i will do. I was planning to go get a used set of 2003 lens at 30can$ each on a selfservice junkyard and retrofit the holder into my lens.

But i could even add the bi-xenon Morimoto at the fog location and get 2 hig and 2 low beam. I will measure this to see if it is possible or not.

Wife drive 2010 CX7

Old 02-07-2019, 11:29 AM   #6

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 203
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
IT is another interesting option, i have spare lens so i will look into it. Is the special braket to fit acura bolt patern into our lens are complicated ? Do you think it is made out of a CNC machine shop or just a simple bracket set ?

Will you keep both high beam lights at the end ?

But the unused fog location from our lens is somewhat easy to reach, i will think about both options and figure out what i will do. I was planning to go get a used set of 2003 lens at 30can$ each on a selfservice junkyard and retrofit the holder into my lens.

But i could even add the bi-xenon Morimoto at the fog location and get 2 hig and 2 low beam. I will measure this to see if it is possible or not.
The brackets are made of stainless steel and came with hardware. Yes, they are laser cut and made to adapt the lens to our bolt pattern.

I may change the high beams to the same projectors. Need to experiment and decide if this is something I want to do. Otherwise I'll just keep my Morimoto V2.0 H1 LED bulbs in there. Incredible light output but not as focused as I hoped.

For the price of used lenses you can get them on Ebay at the same price brand new. Just have to be willing to wait a few weeks as they come from China. US sellers mark them up too much.

Regarding the extra dummy light...not sure if a projector will fit there. Maybe? I'm going to search for a damaged headlight housing so I can experiment and see what fits before modifying mine.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thor Hammer For This Useful Post:
Tomas (02-07-2019)