register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics - Tired of that stock stereo? Installing Nav units or mods to your current system? Come talk about it here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-23-2017, 01:16 AM   #1

Triggerfish can only hope to improve
Groans: 0
Groaned at 20 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Bluetooth in 2007 MS6 (Grom or GTA car kit or XcarLink)

Hello.

I would like to get Bluetooth capability in my 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring for phone calls and for playing music.

I've done some searching on this forum and another and most threads I come across are older and the products those guys have don't have BT, only aux jacks or iPod cables.

I am trying to decide between the Grom, GTA car kit, or the XcarLink. Is there another option to consider?

My stereo is stock. It is the in dash 6 disc Bose system. I do have a satellite radio installed, but I do not have a subscription, don't use it and never will.
I am not too concerned about being able to play music from a USB drive or aux stereo input (headphone jack).

1) Any help or experiences are appreciated.

2) I already get a little stereo whine on the radio when my phone is charging (I feel like I might also experience this when the headlights are on as well). How should I address that? I'm expecting it might be worse if the music is coming from the device that is charging? Some sort of ground loop isolator? I'm not familiar with these. Does it go in the cigarette lighter circuit or the power supply or ground for the stereo? Feel free to recommend a brand/supplier.

3) Lastly, it looks like the stereo treats these three BT devices like an external CD player and you use the CD button to select them. The stereo has a "Media" button. What the heck is that for?! Why didn't Mazda utilize it? Why don't these auxiliary input/Bluetooth companies (GTA or XcarLink or Grom) use it? Just curious.

Thank you for the help,
Jeff
Triggerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 AM   #2

l0stperfecti0n will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I've been using the PAC sni ground loop isolator and Himbox HB01 Plus bluetooth for the last few years and they work like a charm. Just plug into your aux input. The media button switches to aux input, at least on my MS3.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...PKVMuowvHy1b7Q

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...IP5XceQr6L2OYQ
AP V2, Autotech Internals, Devils Own V2 WMI, CX Racing FMIC, 3 Bar MAP, JBR 3 Inch Intake, CNT Racing Turbo Back, Exhuast, Carolina Panthers Sticker, Denso ITV22, Ebay OCC, XS Power V3 Exhaust Mani, Stratified e30 Tune, Some other shit
l0stperfecti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to l0stperfecti0n For This Useful Post:
Triggerfish (09-12-2017)
 Old 08-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #3

mazda62006 is a glorious beacon of lightmazda62006 is a glorious beacon of lightmazda62006 is a glorious beacon of lightmazda62006 is a glorious beacon of lightmazda62006 is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have the xcarlink in my speed 6. installation is pretty straight forward. I believe unit will plug into the back of your stock radio and gets it power from there. Will have to unplug your satellite I'm thinking since I believe the xcarlink will use the same plug. NO whine for me. I have the kit that includes the phone which means it has a mic. You use the mode button to change to it. The only thing I don't like is it does not switch modes when you get a phone call. You have to manually switch it.
mazda62006 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mazda62006 For This Useful Post:
Triggerfish (09-12-2017)
 Old 09-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #4

DEUCE SLUICE is an unknown quantity at this point
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just installed the XCarLink and it was exceptionally easy. I wish it could pass some track info to the display and how it works with the transport buttons is a little clunky, but the sound quality is great.

I had purchased the XCarLink before I saw this, but I would have tried something like the Anker Sound Sync first to see if it worked acceptably and if I could find a good spot for it.
DEUCE SLUICE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2017, 09:44 AM   #5

SnackMasterX has much to be proud ofSnackMasterX has much to be proud ofSnackMasterX has much to be proud ofSnackMasterX has much to be proud ofSnackMasterX has much to be proud ofSnackMasterX has much to be proud ofSnackMasterX has much to be proud ofSnackMasterX has much to be proud ofSnackMasterX has much to be proud of
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DEUCE SLUICE View Post
I just installed the XCarLink and it was exceptionally easy. I wish it could pass some track info to the display and how it works with the transport buttons is a little clunky, but the sound quality is great.

I had purchased the XCarLink before I saw this, but I would have tried something like the Anker Sound Sync first to see if it worked acceptably and if I could find a good spot for it.
I've got the xcarlink. Aside from it cutting out some low end and high end over Bluetooth, it's an awesome device. I'm planning to try and build my own solution using a raspberry pi in the near future though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
SnackMasterX is offline   Reply With Quote