register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics - Tired of that stock stereo? Installing Nav units or mods to your current system? Come talk about it here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meelo88

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #1

SuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the worldSuperTrooper169 is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 53 Times in 6 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Climate Control Back Light Out - Need Help

Last night I noticed the red back lit light and the text inside the knob (circled in red) are no longer working. I'm assuming there's a bulb specifically for that knob, I just have no clue how to get to it. Can I get to it by pulling the knob off or do I have to take the whole console out? Anyone know what specific bulb # it is? Thanks for any help.

SuperTrooper169 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #2

Frosty- is a jewel in the roughFrosty- is a jewel in the roughFrosty- is a jewel in the roughFrosty- is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neutral  -1 score     

I believe you can find instructions and a part number here: How-To Replace HVAC Light bulbs - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
Frosty- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frosty- For This Useful Post:
bluury13 (09-30-2018), dkapetansky (07-30-2011)
 Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #3

Douggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

nice, this was helpful since my light went out today and i need to replace it. probably should replace all 3 while im in there.
Douggievee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #4

ihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I did this recently when one bulb went out and replaced the bulbs with red LED's. they are a little brighter than the bulbs though so when it's dimmed down completely they are still lit up a bit but they should last forever in theory...

One thing to note about the writeup on mazda6club - all you have to do is get to the back of the unit and then use a small phillips screwdriver to remove the bulbs from the sockets. There is no need to take apart the button housing whatsoever, I don't know why he did - the last 4 pics where he's taking it apart is not required at all.
Once you remove the trim and see the back side, there are 2 white sockets holding bulbs that have an orange boot (that's the light that shines around the knobs) and the 3 black sockets that hold bulbs with red boots (one for each knob face)
The Following User Says Thank You to ihasmazda For This Useful Post:
bluury13 (09-30-2018)
 Old 02-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #5

Douggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really niceDouggievee is just really nice
Neutral  +1 score     

Thats good to know. Would you happen to know the bulb part numbers for the LED's that you used? Were they a direct fit or did they need some modification to work?
Douggievee is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #6

ihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the worldihasmazda is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I got some from superbrightLEDS.com but i ordered the wrong base type so I pulled the bulbs out and re-used the factory sockets.
I ordered 5 ea of the neo wedge p/n "NEO5-R 5mm NEO5-x Red" and shipped it was under $10.. not bad.

But again these are the wrong base type, they were too large, so go with the size smaller and i would think it should fit, unless you don't mind the tedious work of transferring the bulbs to the factory sockets. it was kind of a pain because they're so small but it worked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ihasmazda For This Useful Post:
TiGraySpeed6 (05-29-2014)
 Old 05-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #7

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

necro-bump to say thanks for the LED part numbers and also the heads up on the sizing- Just ordered a set of NEO4-R:4mm, which is the next smaller. I'll post back here with fitment results when I'm done.

Oh, and cost is still under $10 shipped for five LED's.
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #8

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Reporting back on the bulb size- fit perfect, direct drop in replacement
NEO4-R 4mm NEO4-x Red - need 5 of them, shipped for under $10.

NEOx LED Bulb - Instrument Panel LED | Instrument Cluster & Gauge LED Lights | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

Choose 4mm and red color and it's a twenty minute swap to get working ac lights again. Plug in small connection to test, and if any don't light up just pull em out & rotate em 180 degrees to swap connection polarity.

Stock bulbs & their condoms -vs- LED's. Clear, but light up red as can be

Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
bluury13 (09-30-2018), silvapain (03-21-2016), Zoomer_Esiason (11-01-2015)
 Old 03-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #9

Zoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hi guys -- resurrecting this old thread to hopefully help the next speed owner who may run into the same issue. The recommended LEDs above are now discontinued. I had a light out and recently ordered the version below which worked perfectly in my speed 6.

Hope this helps someone like this thread recently helped me! Photo attached to see the results.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-led/221/1000/
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (2.75 MB, 39 views)

Autotech Internals | BC Racing BR Type CO Kit | CS Power Series SRI & TIP | CS Power Series 3" CBE | 3" Test Pipe | CS Catless DP | TR8 FMIC | Custom 20 psi Freektune | GFB Respons BPV | CS RMM | CS Injector Seals | CS Rear Diff Mount | Grimspeed EBCS
Zoomer_Esiason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zoomer_Esiason For This Useful Post:
meelo88 (03-21-2016), silvapain (03-21-2016), TiGraySpeed6 (03-21-2016), Vansquish (04-15-2019)
 Old 03-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #10

meelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Zoomer_Esiason View Post
Hi guys -- resurrecting this old thread to hopefully help the next speed owner who may run into the same issue. The recommended LEDs above are now discontinued. I had a light out and recently ordered the version below which worked perfectly in my speed 6.

Hope this helps someone like this thread recently helped me! Photo attached to see the results.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-led/221/1000/
Just some added info, I bought these LEDs and when it's dark and you don't use the illumation setting at full bright these LEDs will be at least 2x brighter than the rest of your dash.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2007 MazdaSPEED 6 Titanium Grey

TUNED BY NISHAN

POWER
SpeedPerformanc3 Wiseco Pistons (88mm)::Manley Forged H-Beams::BNR S3::Bosch 3Bar Map Sensor::CP-E Ex Mani::SBC Stg 2 Clutch::JBR RMM 80a::JBR STG II SRI::JBR Boost Tubes::JBR BPV Return::JBR SSP::CS TMIC::CS DP::Stratified 3 Port EBCS::Stratified Guardian Angel::TurboXS RP::Custom 3" Catback Exhaust::KMD 2.1::Flex Innovations Ground Kit::Turbosmart BPV::MD OCC::TWM Stage 1::BC Coilovers::Hawks HPS::EGR Delete::SURE Dreadnaught::SURE Juggernaut::SURE TIG

COSMETIC AND AUDIO
Mori H1 Proj Retrofit::DDM 3k HID Fogs::RPM Rear LED Reflectors::RPM Side LED Reflectors::Morel Elate 6 2W 6.5" Components::Morel Maximo 5C 5.25" Coaxial::Arc Audio KS300.4::Arc Audio KS1000.1::Audison BitOne.1::Zapco ST4
meelo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meelo88 For This Useful Post:
silvapain (03-21-2016), TiGraySpeed6 (03-21-2016), Zoomer_Esiason (03-21-2016)
 Old 03-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #11

Zoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond reputeZoomer_Esiason has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks. I wonder how difficult it would be to just swap out every bulb behind the Radio and clock display...I started to pull my radio apart today and realized there's 229393 screws overlapping each other, holding it in, and said F it.

Autotech Internals | BC Racing BR Type CO Kit | CS Power Series SRI & TIP | CS Power Series 3" CBE | 3" Test Pipe | CS Catless DP | TR8 FMIC | Custom 20 psi Freektune | GFB Respons BPV | CS RMM | CS Injector Seals | CS Rear Diff Mount | Grimspeed EBCS
Zoomer_Esiason is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #12

meelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the worldmeelo88 is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Zoomer_Esiason View Post
Thanks. I wonder how difficult it would be to just swap out every bulb behind the Radio and clock display...I started to pull my radio apart today and realized there's 229393 screws overlapping each other, holding it in, and said F it.
I imagine it would be a PITA...i would much rather lower the current output of these LED's than go thru replacing those. Odds are they are soldered in as well.
Zoomer_Esiason likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 2007 MazdaSPEED 6 Titanium Grey

TUNED BY NISHAN

POWER
SpeedPerformanc3 Wiseco Pistons (88mm)::Manley Forged H-Beams::BNR S3::Bosch 3Bar Map Sensor::CP-E Ex Mani::SBC Stg 2 Clutch::JBR RMM 80a::JBR STG II SRI::JBR Boost Tubes::JBR BPV Return::JBR SSP::CS TMIC::CS DP::Stratified 3 Port EBCS::Stratified Guardian Angel::TurboXS RP::Custom 3" Catback Exhaust::KMD 2.1::Flex Innovations Ground Kit::Turbosmart BPV::MD OCC::TWM Stage 1::BC Coilovers::Hawks HPS::EGR Delete::SURE Dreadnaught::SURE Juggernaut::SURE TIG

COSMETIC AND AUDIO
Mori H1 Proj Retrofit::DDM 3k HID Fogs::RPM Rear LED Reflectors::RPM Side LED Reflectors::Morel Elate 6 2W 6.5" Components::Morel Maximo 5C 5.25" Coaxial::Arc Audio KS300.4::Arc Audio KS1000.1::Audison BitOne.1::Zapco ST4
meelo88 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f13/climate-control-back-light-out-need-help-87435/
Posted By For Type Date
Interior Climate Control Buttons - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Pingback 07-08-2014 11:44 AM
Climate Control Light Out - How to fix? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum This thread Pingback 07-07-2014 02:32 PM