register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics - Tired of that stock stereo? Installing Nav units or mods to your current system? Come talk about it here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By watdog
  • 1 Post By jhill1977
  • 1 Post By watdog
  • 1 Post By robertof

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #1

watdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud of
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Double Din in Speed 6

Finally flew back to the states and pulled the car out of storage. I've been waiting to do this install for a long time.

Pioneer AVH-8400 receiver
Axxess remote for steering controls
Parking brake bypass
Stereo adapter plate and wiring harness for mounting and climate controls
RCA connectors to stereo wiring

Since everything was out of the car, I had a friend wrap the trim while I prewired the harnesses.

Axxess steering controls
Black wire –vehicle ground
Red wire – 12V accessory
Green/white wire – red/black car
None wire – green/white of bose harness to vehicle ground
Headphone – plugs into stereo
All other wires from Axxess not used

Parking brake bypass
Black wire – vehicle ground
Blue wire – blue/white from stereo
Green wire – light green from stereo

Rockford RCA adapters
Front Speakers
White/black – Front left negative – green on bose harness
White – front left positive – black on bose harness
Grey/black – front right negative – white on bose harness
Grey – front right positive – red on bose harness

Rear Speakers
White/black – rear left negative – red on bose harness
White – rear left positive – white on bose harness
Grey/black – rear right negative – green on bose harness
Grey – rear right positive – black on bose harness

Pioneer AVH8400bh
Yellow – blue/red of bose harness
Orange/white -- black/red of bose harness
Red – Orange of bose harness
Black – Vehicle ground or black/orange of bose harness
Light green – green of parking brake bypass
Blue/white – blue wire of parking brake bypass and blue/black of bose harness
CD-IU201S-one side into RGB input, the other into USB port #1
Plug in RCA’s
Plug in Axxess to remote
Route mic and plug in
All other wires from Pioneer not used

Everything is working great even though I would be happier without the my mazda 6 thing. I think the recirc light doesn't turn on but it shows in the upper display. Other then that I'm very happy with the kit.

Testing a DVD video, gladiator was all I had since I was on vacation.

Last piece was to install the air bag light but I didn't have it installed before I had to fly back out. One thing to note, if your doing this install a second USB cable and route it at the same time.
6ixof1 (05-17-2013), :: Gusto :: (07-20-2013), Design (05-13-2013), Downmented (08-26-2014), flappypaddles (10-22-2013), Micha (04-02-2014), Poohster (05-12-2013), SamiChicago (05-01-2015)
 Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #2

TiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the worldTiGraySpeed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,278 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nifty- looks like it's gonna be great!

Q- where did you source the double din console from- name & part number? There have been a few but they always seem to have trouble with the automatic climate control
Was a Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop
Now in a BMW 135i - double the turbos, double the fun!
E82.N54 2009 / BSM / A/T / Drop-in / PR CP / Berk Street / MHD / xHP
340hp / 371tq
TiGraySpeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #3

Design is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the worldDesign is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,030 Times in 622 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 9 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice write-up. I have the 2013 version with HDMI and love it.

One clarification for others viewing your diagram. The CD-IU201S requires USB-1 as well.

Ownership & Build Thread
Design is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #4

watdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud ofwatdog has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@ Design, I completely forgot about that but yes. It needs to be plugged into USB-1.

@ TiGraySpeed6, another speed 6 owner posted an install and said this kit worked with the climate control even though the seller didn't know. Below is the original thread and the link to the ebay page.

6 Double Din

Double din kit
Mazda 6 Radio Stereo Car Install Double DIN Mount Navigation Bezel Kit Harness | eBay
:: Gusto :: and TiGraySpeed6 like this.
:: Gusto :: (07-20-2013), Poohster (05-18-2013), TiGraySpeed6 (05-17-2013)
 Old 05-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #5

jhill1977 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question

Originally Posted by watdog View Post
Finally flew back to the states and pulled the car out of storage. I've been waiting to do this install for a long time.

Pioneer AVH-8400 receiver
Axxess remote for steering controls
Parking brake bypass
Stereo adapter plate and wiring harness for mounting and climate controls
RCA connectors to stereo wiring

Since everything was out of the car, I had a friend wrap the trim while I prewired the harnesses.

Axxess steering controls
Black wire –vehicle ground
Red wire – 12V accessory
Green/white wire – red/black car
None wire – green/white of bose harness to vehicle ground
Headphone – plugs into stereo
All other wires from Axxess not used

Parking brake bypass

Rockford RCA adapters
Front Speakers
White/black – Front left negative – green on bose harness
White – front left positive – black on bose harness
Grey/black – front right negative – white on bose harness
Grey – front right positive – red on bose harness

Rear Speakers
White/black – rear left negative – red on bose harness
White – rear left positive – white on bose harness
Grey/black – rear right negative – green on bose harness
Grey – rear right positive – black on bose harness

Pioneer AVH8400bh
Yellow – blue/red of bose harness
Orange/white -- black/red of bose harness
Red – Orange of bose harness
Black – Vehicle ground or black/orange of bose harness
Light green – green of parking brake bypass
Blue/white – blue wire of parking brake bypass and blue/black of bose harness
CD-IU201S-one side into RGB input, the other into USB port #1
Plug in RCA’s
Plug in Axxess to remote
Route mic and plug in
All other wires from Pioneer not used

Everything is working great even though I would be happier without the my mazda 6 thing. I think the recirc light doesn't turn on but it shows in the upper display. Other then that I'm very happy with the kit.

Testing a DVD video, gladiator was all I had since I was on vacation.

Last piece was to install the air bag light but I didn't have it installed before I had to fly back out. One thing to note, if your doing this install a second USB cable and route it at the same time.
First off, your install LOOKS AWESOME.!!!

So I recently grabbed one of these DOUBLE DIN eBay kits for my Mazda6. What type of paint BRAND/COLOR did you use to paint the edges of the DOUBLE DIN kit to match silver strips on the factory center console pieces?

Justin
:: Gusto :: likes this.
jhill1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jhill1977 For This Useful Post:
Jakeypoo (03-29-2016)
 Old 06-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey Justin, sorry for the delayed response as I'm oversea's at the moment. I had my friend that does vehicle wraps, wrap the kit. It's pretty much a flat black and the sides are silver. The material is 3M, this was actually material he had left over from a couple wraps.

If you can find someone local that does vehicle wraps they should be able to give you a good idea of cost. I'm not sure what something like this costs normally. Also, it's way easier for them to wrap outside the car before you start your install.
jhill1977 (06-02-2013)
 Old 06-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #7

jhill1977 will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question

Hey Justin, sorry for the delayed response as I'm oversea's at the moment. I had my friend that does vehicle wraps, wrap the kit. It's pretty much a flat black and the sides are silver. The material is 3M, this was actually material he had left over from a couple wraps.

If you can find someone local that does vehicle wraps they should be able to give you a good idea of cost. I'm not sure what something like this costs normally. Also, it's way easier for them to wrap outside the car before you start your install.
Awesome..thanks for the info. :-)

On a side note.

I JUST installed my eBay DOUBLE DIN kit. I had a BITCH of a time getting the bottom of the trim piece to fit my dash. My kit was about 1/16" too wide on both sides, so I had to bend the console open a bit wider to slide the bottom part in. Also, my "passenger airbag off" piece didn't fit until I sanded it down a bit. This kit isn't PERFECT, but it's the best option out there, at least until the Metra DOUBLE DIN kit comes out.

One question...it looks like the A/C, REAR DEFROSTER and RECIRCULATE buttons AREN'T BACKLIT..meaning all you will see are the glowing LEDs for those 3 buttons at night.

Oddly, the HAZZARD button has a RED LED behind the button, but the light doesn't shine through.

Can you confirm your HVAC buttons are also NOT BACKLIT ???

Thanks...

Justin
jhill1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-02-2013, 05:12 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Even though I'm oversea's I can comfirm it's not back light. I actually didn't car as the double din has enough light in the car. The fitment wasn't difficult on mine but I never got around to fitting the passenger airbag piece in. Ran out of time before I had to fly out again. I think this is the Metra double din they decided to not make. All my HVAC buttons on the bottom are back light as that peice came from the original part. Only thing not back lit is the 3 buttons in the center between the stereo and A/C controls.
Jakeypoo likes this.
 Old 07-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #9

Sixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant futureSixxer has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

glad some people jumped on this after I posted my thread about how it works.
Just glad I could help some guys out
Sixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #10

robertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the worldrobertof is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Not Ranked  0 score     

Metra came out with this one now. Kind of expensive though.

Metra 99 7524B Single Double DIN Stereo Dash Kit for 2006 2008 Mazda 6 | eBay
Jakeypoo likes this.
robertof is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #11

:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world:: Gusto :: is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ooo i like that...

someone buy & install so I can see it i like...
hah
 Old 01-07-2014, 11:06 PM   #12

MikeKowal9 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 6 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

now do the steering wheel controls still work?
MikeKowal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #13

norcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond reputenorcalcasey has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Looks nice, now just paint match that thing to the exterior color
2006 MS6 Titanium - MS v1 CAI, Corksport TIP, Forgev1 BPV, Tien S-tech Springs, JBR SSP, JBR 80 RMM, CS 85 Duro TMM Inserts, JBR solid bushings. ebay test pipe, laminx 6% headlight/fodlight shields. Magnaflow Mufflers, 5k DDM Fogs, BBS RK 18x7.5 +42 18lbs- I Needz teh AP and HPFP
norcalcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #14

Big Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the world
Groans: 89
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone actually bought and installed the new kit yet? I've been thinking about doing this. Anyone do wraps here so it has an OEM look/finish to it?
Big Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #15
Banned

cocoleveo7686 is a name known to allcocoleveo7686 is a name known to allcocoleveo7686 is a name known to allcocoleveo7686 is a name known to allcocoleveo7686 is a name known to allcocoleveo7686 is a name known to all
Groaned at 34 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

No they dont look oem
cocoleveo7686 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, all the steering wheel controls work. I used the axxess adapter for steering wheel controls.

Originally Posted by :: Gusto :: View Post
ooo i like that...

someone buy & install so I can see it i like...
hah
That black is originally how mine came. It didn't match at all in the car and that's when I decided to have my buddy wrap it. Personally I might like this kits button lay out more however, wouldn't know without taking the plunge.

Last edited by watdog; 04-11-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
watdog is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #17

Big Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the worldBig Dog is the leader of the world
Groans: 89
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The new Metra kit actually sucks. It's a matte silver. Doesn't have the lines or grooves on the sides. It even seems like it sticks out bubblish and is very rounded. Even painted black it looks so out of place. Buttons feel cheap as well. I actually removed mine and tossed it. The thing just looked like crap. I'm going to try the eBay one next.
Big Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #18

lightxmyfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Parking brake bypass
Hey Watdog, do you mind explaining exactly how to accomplish the Parking Break bypass? what did you wire where? thanks man, I've been wondering how you could make that happen for a long time!
lightxmyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry for the delay, I just got back on here.

To answer your question I bought one of these
Amazon.com : MicroBypass Automatic Video in Motion Interface for Pioneer Models AVH-X1500DVD AVH-X1600DVD AVH-X2500BT AVH-X2600BT AVH-X3500BHS AVH-X3600BHS AVH-X4500BT AVH-X4600BT AVH-X5500BHS AVH-X5600BHS AVH-X6500DVD AVH-X7500BT AVH-P8400BH AVH-X85Amazon.com : MicroBypass Automatic Video in Motion Interface for Pioneer Models AVH-X1500DVD AVH-X1600DVD AVH-X2500BT AVH-X2600BT AVH-X3500BHS AVH-X3600BHS AVH-X4500BT AVH-X4600BT AVH-X5500BHS AVH-X5600BHS AVH-X6500DVD AVH-X7500BT AVH-P8400BH AVH-X85
and that should match the wiring I posted above.

I believe you have to purchase the correct one for your unit, whichever you decide to run.
 Old 05-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #20

zer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the worldzer010gic is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you have to modify the ebay kit to work in the MS6? I have looked at this kit but I was under the impression that you had to make some changes to it to work in our cars.
Autotech Internals | ETS TMIC | Cobb AP | JBR Tru-3.5" Wide Path Aluminum | JBR RMM | JBR TMM | JBR PMM | JBR Short Shift Plate | Fidanza Flywheel | TWM Weighted Shift Knob | Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads | Techna-Fit Brake Lines | RedLine Fluids and Unicorn Blood | NGK 1 Step Colder | Damond OCC | TurboSmart Duel Port | CP-e SafeSeals | JBR TIG | JBR TBG | Damond EGR Delete
Miltuned!!!

Ready to Install
ATP Downpipe

zer010gic is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #21

phecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant futurephecker410 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any update on the Ebay kit?
I feel like I'm going in circles researching the use of an aftermarket HU in my 6, might just end up buying the processor and adapter, although I would rather not...

Also that Metra kit looks ugly as fuck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
phecker410 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-29-2016, 05:31 PM   #22

JakeJones7009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey guys! so were any of you guys successful on getting all your air settings to work with a aftermarket radio? if so, how? I want to do the same install but Ive read that alot of people werent able to have their air settings work with aftermarket radios. Thanks!
JakeJones7009 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f13/double-din-speed-6-a-145187/
Posted By For Type Date
Mazda 6 Double Din Kit - ImageBoard This thread Refback 10-28-2015 06:49 AM