register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics - Tired of that stock stereo? Installing Nav units or mods to your current system? Come talk about it here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By danb

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #1

ncgbrown@yahoo.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Harness for tapping speaker outputs

Hello folks, I just bought my son a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 so we are looking to mod some things. I have looked in the forums but maybe I'm missing it -

I want to keep the OEM head unit but replace the Bose amp and speakers. I need the speaker outputs coming from the head unit at the amp under the seat to connect to an amp with high level inputs. Is there a female harness for the male coming from the head unit (the one that plugs into the bose amp) so I do not have to cut into the speaker wires to get at those speaker outputs?

Thanks - I'm sure I'll have more questions as we start looking into more stuff.
ncgbrown@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #2

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

you can just skin the plastic armor off the wire without cutting the copper part and tap it there.

there you will find the wiring.
RADIO PINOUTS

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-03-2018, 09:02 AM   #3

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The inputs to the BOSE amp are low level.

I made my own harness years ago but can't find the thread. There is a Metra connector that will fit where the BOSE amp connects but I don't have that number either. So basically I'm useless.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / Mishimoto Oil Cooler / CX Racing PS Cooler / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
shamie is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So you made a harness with RCA's on the opposite end?
 Old 10-04-2018, 06:11 AM   #5

shamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the worldshamie is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes. Harness to RCAs and remote turn on I believe.

I posted on another Mazda3 forum years ago but can't find the link. I can't even remember which forum (it wasn't 247). The title of the thread was "BOSE blows no mo". If you can find it please post the link. I'll try to dig up my documentation tonight and post it here. I lost my hard drive at home last week so let's hope its in the backups.
2009 MGM MS3 - / HTP 3"/ COBB AP, FMIC, RMM, & DP / AT Internals / Manley Rods & Pistons / ARP studs & bolts / Koyorad radiator / Mishimoto Oil Cooler / CX Racing PS Cooler / DM OCCs / ACT Clutch / Bilstein B16 / CS Camber Plates, Camber Arms, & Seals / JBR .125 RSB, 51R Battery Box & Raider's AD / StopTech Brakes
 Old 10-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yep - here it is -
https://www.mazda3forums.com/70-2004...ows-no-mo.html

And yes, that is exactly what I had in my head to accomplish. So when you bought those Metra connectors, you didn't have any problem removing the individual pins and reusing them? or did you have to butcher them and buy new pins? Also on the wiring diagram you posted there, I am assuming that Pin B (RCA) A(spk) is referring to the top and bottom row of pins.

Looks great man - I may try to make this if I can get some free time.
 Old 10-04-2018, 04:28 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

I didn't butcher them - just de-pinned them, un-soldered them, and re-soldered them. The PAC ADD-GM24A adapter mentioned toward the end of the thread would have been my first choice if I had known.

A & B do refer to top and bottom - or bottom and top, I can't recall it was 9 years ago. One thing I do remember is the remote turn on turns on with the car not the radio.

Good luck with your install.
 Old 10-04-2018, 04:34 PM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     

BTW how the hell did you find it? I wrote it and couldn't find it!
 Old 10-05-2018, 04:20 AM   #9

danb is a splendid one to beholddanb is a splendid one to beholddanb is a splendid one to beholddanb is a splendid one to beholddanb is a splendid one to beholddanb is a splendid one to beholddanb is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 3
Not Ranked  0 score     

google search of "blows no mo" comes up with pics of my ex wife
RazoE likes this.

2011 mzd6 88k. wifes ride
danb is offline   Reply With Quote