register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics - Tired of that stock stereo? Installing Nav units or mods to your current system? Come talk about it here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #1

tinycafe1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Sub Level Control Knob Placement

Does anyone have a creative idea for how to fit a level control knob in a Gen 1? Looking for somewhere to either place it so it looks like it's supposed to be there. Or hide it while still being accessable.

Let me know what you guys have done!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
tinycafe1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #2

Jayzon has disabled reputation
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I used Velcro and placed mine between the Driver's seat and the door, right next to the gas door release. The only time you're able to see it is when getting into the car, but it was easily accessible whenever I wanted to make adjustments. Just reach down and there it is.
 Old 02-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #3

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can use the spare button holder just beside the TCS switch off button. I used it for my w/m controls and light.

Or in the center console glove box where there is an extra 12v jack and in some model an auxiliary input...anyway it isn't something you have to play with often.

i did made my own LOC with a dual 5k potentiometer with another set of 10k resistor in serie. you can add a 20uf coupling capacitor in serie in case it would short.
Following this drawing but R2 is replaced by a pot and ''line out'' is connected to the pot wiper instead of being at the junction of bot Resistors

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/speaker_to_line.gif

I did it because it permit to have +/-4v of RCA signal instead of the usual 500mv or less from the LOC you will find at the store...This way, i can keep my amp gain low and avoid amplifiing the electrical noise along the audio signal....

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote