register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Car Audio & Electronics - Tired of that stock stereo? Installing Nav units or mods to your current system? Come talk about it here.

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vics6

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #1

Speeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Wiring AUX into Bose Stereo

PERFORM THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU FRY YOUR STEREO ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!

Doing this wire job will allow you to hook any device with a headphone jack up to your Bose stereo and run the AUX even though you dont have the AUX cable plug in.

if you have SAT radio this can still work you just have to plug in the wires in the same spots in pair with your SAT radio PLuG.

Please forgive the bad pics and the long write up, trying to be detailed and just tore my car apart at work and put it back together taking pics to write this up just now.

SUPPLIES: Phillips screw driver, Flat Head Screw Driver, Headphone / AUX extension cable, 4 plug computer cable (can get at any local comp store). takes about 30 min.

I did this on a manual so the dash removal will be a little different if you have a AUTOMATIC. SAFEST IF YOU UNPLUG BATTERY FIRST (although i didnt)

Pull the E Brake all the way up - Open cup holder, there are 6 tabs to remove the first section, 3 on each side. best if you life up on one side first then the other, makes it easier but dont break the tabs!

with all tabs released this will part will come right up,

unscrew the shift knob, Counter clockwise and remove

this next part is only held on by tabs, 2 total one on each side. from the middle by the shifter softly pull it up and you will fee it release

Pull up on the back and then slide the front out and it is under the dash like a lip. set aside you dont have to unplug the stuff if you dont want too.

now you have exposed 4 screws, only 2 need to be removed. Top two are in green un screw these. reds dont need to be touched

the whole center part is held in by 2 tabs now, from the bottom pull it back and you will feel them release.

Unplug the bottom two plugs that go into the climate control this allows the center to come out more so you can remove the Stereo plug

back of the stereo, left side is the Radio Controls (main) right side is where your sat radio should go and where we will be wiring into

now that everything is out of the way, run your AUX cable to where you want it, i ran mine from the center storage, through where the shifter was and back up through the back of the stereo housing

cut the end that you will have plug into the back of the stereo off, you will see 3 wires, red, white and silver. take the plug you bought from the computer store and cut one end off, wire the two ends together, i soddered the silver to the ground to make sure i got a good connection. then white to white and red to red.

this is what the other end should look like of the computer type plug plug-

now you want to take a piece of wire (red as it runs power) and we are making a jumper, put wire plugs on the end to slide over the prongs on the back of the head unit.

this part will install ON THE BOTTOM ROW of prongs. one goes into the FARTHEST left BOTTOM and the other plugs into the second to last BOTTOM as seen here (if you plug into the top you will get smoke bad from the unit and can fry it!!!!)-

this is a jumper for power, it tells the head unit that something is plugged in. your AUX button will work with this plugged in but no sound.

Plug in the Computer cable on the BOTTOM ROW next to the rigth side. you want to be right next to your jumper plug on the right, Make sure your configuration goes like this from left to right - Jumper, Empty slot, Ground, White, Red, Empty slot Jumper side 2, empty slot. as see below

Now, plug the stereo head unit back in, plug a device into the jack and push the aux button, turn the volume up and you have sound!!!!!!!!! GO TEAM!

put everything back together and enjoy!

I hope this write up helps and makes sense. sorry for the pics they were all on my phone and again i just did this at work to show you guys how. let me konw if you have any questions!!!!

Last edited by Speeden6; 04-24-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Speeden6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Speeden6 For This Useful Post:
Design (04-29-2012), Rich990 (05-19-2014), Swinger13 (08-15-2015), timjs (10-08-2012)
 Old 04-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #2

Death-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the worldDeath-From-A-Mile is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,074 Times in 347 Posts
Groans: 87
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is there a question? Of course we are interested!
Death-From-A-Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #3

Speeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the worldSpeeden6 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Death-From-A-Mile View Post
Is there a question? Of course we are interested!
Didnt want to double write something up, so i am guessing there is no write so ill do one right now!!!!!

Will Update shortly.
 Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #4

weakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the worldweakdog85 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 15 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i don't think there is a write up on this forum, there is on a few other mazda forums though. i did this myself and it's so worth it not to have to spend hundreds on an adapter.
 Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,784 Times in 2,645 Posts
Groans: 1,763
Groaned at 43 Times in 24 Posts

I think this is the one you're looking for:

First you have to remove the head unit and HVAC...

Then you wire in your Aux Port...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mazdaspeed 6 MS6 - How-To Aux Mod.jpg (968.9 KB, 1411 views)
File Type: jpg Mazdaspeed 6 MS6 - How-To Remove HVAC and HU.jpg (1.69 MB, 1311 views)

Last edited by Vansquish; 04-24-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
Design (04-29-2012), Elrodd (06-29-2016), Rich990 (05-19-2014), timjs (10-08-2012)
 Old 04-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah see everywhere i read said to do the glovebox thing bug i didnt have too?
 Old 10-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #7

timjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I gotta revive this old thread here.

I did the AUX install per the OP's instructions.
I have left channel working fine, but no right channel audio.

I noticed the OP's instructions and the instructions Vansquish posted are different. (different empty pin locations)

Any insight fellas? Thanks.
timjs is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #8

timjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the worldtimjs is the leader of the world
Groaned at 16 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Well i just realized there are other how-to posts aside from this one. I posted here because the page was bookmarked. xD
timjs is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #10

BobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the worldBobtailedSnail is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,629 Times in 647 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Has anyone found any info on the J-02 Aux male connector? I've searched for hours trying to find just the connector that plugs into the CD changer/Aux/Sat plug behind the HU.

1969 Nova-540BBC-S400's-TH400-sitting on 29.5x10.5
Skreets be calling...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BobtailedSnail is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #11

USMCMAzda is a name known to allUSMCMAzda is a name known to allUSMCMAzda is a name known to allUSMCMAzda is a name known to allUSMCMAzda is a name known to allUSMCMAzda is a name known to all
Groaned at 146 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Anyone that's done this not able to controll the volume from the head unit on aux?
USMCMAzda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #12

vics6 is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speeden6 View Post
PERFORM THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU FRY YOUR STEREO ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!

Doing this wire job will allow you to hook any device with a headphone jack up to your Bose stereo and run the AUX even though you dont have the AUX cable plug in.

if you have SAT radio this can still work you just have to plug in the wires in the same spots in pair with your SAT radio PLuG.

Please forgive the bad pics and the long write up, trying to be detailed and just tore my car apart at work and put it back together taking pics to write this up just now.

SUPPLIES: Phillips screw driver, Flat Head Screw Driver, Headphone / AUX extension cable, 4 plug computer cable (can get at any local comp store). takes about 30 min.

I did this on a manual so the dash removal will be a little different if you have a AUTOMATIC. SAFEST IF YOU UNPLUG BATTERY FIRST (although i didnt)

Pull the E Brake all the way up - Open cup holder, there are 6 tabs to remove the first section, 3 on each side. best if you life up on one side first then the other, makes it easier but dont break the tabs!

with all tabs released this will part will come right up,

unscrew the shift knob, Counter clockwise and remove

this next part is only held on by tabs, 2 total one on each side. from the middle by the shifter softly pull it up and you will fee it release

Pull up on the back and then slide the front out and it is under the dash like a lip. set aside you dont have to unplug the stuff if you dont want too.

now you have exposed 4 screws, only 2 need to be removed. Top two are in green un screw these. reds dont need to be touched

the whole center part is held in by 2 tabs now, from the bottom pull it back and you will feel them release.

Unplug the bottom two plugs that go into the climate control this allows the center to come out more so you can remove the Stereo plug

back of the stereo, left side is the Radio Controls (main) right side is where your sat radio should go and where we will be wiring into

now that everything is out of the way, run your AUX cable to where you want it, i ran mine from the center storage, through where the shifter was and back up through the back of the stereo housing

cut the end that you will have plug into the back of the stereo off, you will see 3 wires, red, white and silver. take the plug you bought from the computer store and cut one end off, wire the two ends together, i soddered the silver to the ground to make sure i got a good connection. then white to white and red to red.

this is what the other end should look like of the computer type plug plug-

now you want to take a piece of wire (red as it runs power) and we are making a jumper, put wire plugs on the end to slide over the prongs on the back of the head unit.

this part will install ON THE BOTTOM ROW of prongs. one goes into the FARTHEST left BOTTOM and the other plugs into the second to last BOTTOM as seen here (if you plug into the top you will get smoke bad from the unit and can fry it!!!!)-

this is a jumper for power, it tells the head unit that something is plugged in. your AUX button will work with this plugged in but no sound.

Plug in the Computer cable on the BOTTOM ROW next to the rigth side. you want to be right next to your jumper plug on the right, Make sure your configuration goes like this from left to right - Jumper, Empty slot, Ground, White, Red, Empty slot Jumper side 2, empty slot. as see below

Now, plug the stereo head unit back in, plug a device into the jack and push the aux button, turn the volume up and you have sound!!!!!!!!! GO TEAM!

put everything back together and enjoy!

I hope this write up helps and makes sense. sorry for the pics they were all on my phone and again i just did this at work to show you guys how. let me konw if you have any questions!!!!
bringing back old thread, bring on the hate im doing this tomorrow, but what kind of wire did you use for the jumper, speaker wire? and im guesing those are heat wraps and how do i go about doing this with sat radio plugged in, everyone says its impossible and you say its possible but didnt explain how
Big D likes this.
vics6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #13

mlamp89 will become famous soon enoughmlamp89 will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm bumping this
 Old 03-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #14

ski_messiah is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just to let everyone know, similar to timjs comment earlier.
This mod had only very bad quality left speaker audio for me in my 2006 gt MS6 with Sirius Satellite.

I believe there are stereo's with different pin-outs on the back. Following the wiring presented here:
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...ow-aux-mod.jpg

had my aux fully functioning and sounding great!

Also. I second vics6's question about having this work with the satellite radio as well.... Do you just splice the aux wires into the Sat wiring harness and short the two pins?
I know you can get a Sirius vehicle mount that allows you to push the aux through the satellite connection but then you need an external $50 mount which is a pain in the ass.

Thanks everyone!
ski_messiah is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f13/wiring-aux-into-bose-stereo-111772/
Posted By For Type Date
Dab i Mazda 6. 2002-2007. - Mazda Owners Group Norway This thread Refback 01-14-2016 11:17 AM
Mazda6 - PROHARDVER! Hozzászólások This thread Refback 10-02-2015 02:49 PM
Forum MX-5 Klub Polska ? Wy?wietl temat - MP3 This thread Refback 09-28-2015 11:21 AM
Obs?uga MP3 w fabrycznym radiu (zdj?cia na str. 32 i 36) (xCarLink, DMC, Yatour) (111/115) This thread Refback 09-20-2015 02:15 PM
Forum MX-5 Klub Polska ? Wy?wietl temat - AUX NC 2007 Bose - jak to zrobi?? This thread Refback 09-15-2015 10:59 PM
Mazda6 - PROHARDVER! Hozzászólások This thread Refback 08-23-2015 01:28 PM
opiniones mazda 6 mps - Página 60 - ForoCoches This thread Refback 08-12-2015 04:13 AM
opiniones mazda 6 mps - Página 60 - ForoCoches This thread Refback 08-10-2015 06:01 AM
Mazda 6 ja USB liitin « Kaijanen.net / Tuomas This thread Refback 06-27-2015 07:09 AM
Obs?uga MP3 w fabrycznym radiu (zdj?cia na str. 32 i 36) (xCarLink, DMC, Yatour) (111/114) This thread Refback 06-26-2015 11:44 AM
Looking for a super simple aux plugin like this one... This thread Refback 06-10-2015 05:54 AM
Obs?uga MP3 w fabrycznym radiu (zdj?cia na str. 32 i 36) (xCarLink, DMC, Yatour) (111/112) This thread Refback 05-27-2015 11:46 AM
Obs?uga MP3 w fabrycznym radiu (zdj?cia na str. 32 i 36) (xCarLink, DMC, Yatour) (111/113) This thread Refback 04-28-2015 10:34 AM
Obs?uga MP3 w fabrycznym radiu (zdj?cia na str. 32 i 36) (xCarLink, DMC, Yatour) (111/111) This thread Refback 04-03-2015 03:15 AM
? Se emne - Dab i Mazda 6. 2002-2007. This thread Refback 10-13-2014 03:06 PM
Sensor Mazda 3 - VelocidadMaxima.com This thread Refback 08-19-2014 11:36 AM
MIATA MEGAMANTHREAD - Please don't swipe Bovril's scoop. - The Something Awful Forums This thread Refback 07-07-2014 07:39 PM
Electrical problems on 2006 NC - MX-5 Miata Forum This thread Refback 06-11-2014 02:04 PM
VelocidadMaxima.com - Aux para mazda 3 2004 This thread Refback 06-03-2014 09:04 PM
Aux para mazda 3 2004 - VelocidadMaxima.com This thread Refback 08-19-2013 08:47 PM
Aux para mazda 3 2004 - VelocidadMaxima.com This thread Refback 06-13-2013 07:51 AM
? View topic - Ipod or AUX input for MPS This thread Refback 03-04-2013 04:43 AM