register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Miata MX-5
> Miata - Forced Induction

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree5Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #1

BoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 96M Turbo Project

Picked this car up in the late fall in Kentucky, 96M edition 73k orginal miles, Car spent most of its life in Alabama. Recent motor swap to a Imported JDM Motor, car was supercharged at some point in its life. picked it up for 3800, drove it home without a crank sensor. replaced the radiator and added a crank sensor.

The Build Plan
Begi Log manifold, SR20 Oem T25, Megasquirt MS3, 1100cc/Min FIC injectors, M-tuned Coolant ReRoute and Dual Feed Fuel Rail, Toyota Coil on Plug conversion Running Full sequential Spark, Homemade Down Pipe, E85

Progress
Stage 1 Get car running on the Megasquirt on e85 with the Coil on Plugs.

The Previous owner really didnt know what he had and didnt keep the car all that clean on the inside, he left me presents...

oem Mazda ECU placement

The mega-squirt has an internal map sensor that needs a vacuum source, alot of guys run it straight through the firewall. I found on my last miata that this way is a pain in the ass so i decided to do it a different way. looks a little bit more oem from the engine bay prospective.

the head has been gone through at some point, sweet

More to come in the following weeks
ilias and Koke382 like this.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BoostedM For This Useful Post:
Ace Protege (05-29-2013), Boosted Beluga (05-29-2013), El_Diablo (06-10-2013), forcedinduktion (06-06-2013), Funkster777 (05-29-2013), Jh8909 (05-29-2013), leon78 (05-29-2013), obijack (06-01-2013), smoogs12 (05-29-2013), Tomas (07-21-2013)
 Old 05-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #2

BoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Started the day like this. finished up installing the new injectors and mtuned fuel rail.

Struggled with the o2 sensors for a few hours and many torch attemps with a finally result of me-0 o2-1. its not a project around my house if you havnt spilled blood all over it
after getting bandaged up, i took a look at the intake and decided since i dont live in communist California egr must disappear

Final mounted the MS, ignore the blue wire i was testing a ground for the radio.

Final resolution for wideband, cut a hole in the exhaust and weld a 3rd bung in. sounded easy enough till i could find the welders helmet in the sea of boxes in the garage. pulled the set it close and close your eyes method, have to say it looks like a 3 year old did it but should work till i find the helmet and can redo it. no pics of that though. should be ready to setup the tune and first fire on ms tomorrow morning.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BoostedM For This Useful Post:
aaronc7 (06-10-2013), Ace Protege (05-29-2013), Boosted Beluga (05-30-2013), Funkster777 (05-29-2013), jomc111 (05-29-2013)
 Old 05-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #3

Ace Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Solid plan, T25 will probably leave you wanting more though.

'94 Mazda Protege -SOLD
1.8 BPT Vf10
263whp 258wtq
13.1 @ 107 mph

'05 ZX-6RR - Two Brothers slip on, GPR dampener V1, More to come

Ace Protege is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ace Protege View Post
Solid plan, T25 will probably leave you wanting more though.
yea i already want more and its not installed, but the 220-250ish hp ballpark keeps the rods in the block.
 Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #5

Ace Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the worldAce Protege is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

yep, lol if you note my numbers that's why I'm happy till I decide to do rods and pistons.
T25 will probably be right around 200whp.

'94 Mazda Protege -SOLD
1.8 BPT Vf10
263whp 258wtq
13.1 @ 107 mph

Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i squeezed what virtual dyno called 226 out of a 1.6 with a td04 based greddy kit. so i think with some cleaver timing and e85 i can make 230 happen. if not get a bigger turbo.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 486152_4009958773895_2002694587_n.jpg (36.0 KB, 805 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to BoostedM For This Useful Post:
J'sSpeed3 (07-21-2013)
 Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #7

Not Ranked  0 score     

well, only one way to find out! lol btw, where did you get the Mtuned Fuel rail?

'94 Mazda Protege -SOLD
1.8 BPT Vf10
263whp 258wtq
13.1 @ 107 mph

Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

One of the Miata Turbo Site Vendors 949 Racing , looking forward to having a turbo miata again, the speed is fun but not the same as a turbo miata.
jomc111 (05-29-2013)
 Old 05-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

I only see a listing for a 1.6 rail.

'94 Mazda Protege -SOLD
1.8 BPT Vf10
263whp 258wtq
13.1 @ 107 mph

Old 05-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Ace Protege View Post
I only see a listing for a 1.6 rail.
well that weird, if your looking for one send emillio an email hes really easy to deal with and can probably either get you one or point you in the right direction.
Ace Protege (05-29-2013)
 Old 05-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #11

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah, a rail has been on my to-do list for a while and I figure I'll do it when I replace my injector seals and put on a Hondata thermal gasket.

'94 Mazda Protege -SOLD
1.8 BPT Vf10
263whp 258wtq
13.1 @ 107 mph

Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

regular gas 3.99 at the station i picked up e85 from, E85 was 3.19 thats a win in my book. it starts after you fool the ms into letting it, The tune rev put on its for the gm iat that i dont have yet. i pm'd him about getting one for a maf car for the time being. Once started i found the intake has a bad leak somewhere and the exhaust is leaking around the homemade egr cap, i kinda figured it would. may mess with it tomorrow or Saturday depending on whats going on around here. anyway first idle video for you guys.
 Old 06-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

figured out the leak was partially the egr block off plate, and partially cyl 4's injector seal not seating correctly. got that fixed and the new map reverent sent me on, forgot to save the old one for when i switch to the gm iat so i will have to get that from rev again. had it idling fine have a leak around the bung i poorly installed into the exhaust, may go get a new welding mask tomorrow morning and fix it(i cant for the life of me find the one we have, its still in a box somewhere). but did a quick around the block running super rich, felt fairly good.
 Old 06-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #14

obijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,455 Times in 646 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 70 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Glad to see this build coming along so fast. I cannot wait to start ordering parts for my miata. I will prolly go with a gt28 series from the get go tho.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 636 (Zx6r)- Green/ Black

2014 Honda Grom-Red

2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350- Blue

2007 Yamaha Raptor 700 GYTR- White-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
obijack is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by obijack View Post
Glad to see this build coming along so fast. I cannot wait to start ordering parts for my miata. I will prolly go with a gt28 series from the get go tho.
i have 200 buck in the manifold and turbo so i cant complain. but if i were buying stuff at normal prices i would got with the gt28 as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BoostedM For This Useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (06-01-2013), jomc111 (06-03-2013), obijack (06-02-2013)
 Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Last few pieces I need; oil sandwich plate, adjustable fuel preassure regulator, some mica mandrel bent tubing, ebc solenoid, and gm iat sensor.
jomc111 (06-03-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so i put off finding the welding mask till this morning, got it re-welded sorta. never again will i weld laying on my back with no room to work. looks horrible, has a small leak. luckily its getting replaced when the turbo goes on so idgaf.
drove it around and got some tuning done, pissed the neighbors off and made allot of noise. all in a good days work if i do say so myself. driving it tomorrow to do some more tuning and get some more of that wonderful E85.
Plan now is to add in some timing and do a virtual dyno run to see if i gained anything over stock power. if i didnt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoostedM For This Useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (06-05-2013), jomc111 (06-05-2013)
 Old 06-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #18

jomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im sure you will gain some , glad to hear you have it back on the road
2009 speed 3 gt cwp -was once a monster -sold
jomc111 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

thanks it felt good to drive it again, on a side note e85 smells really good but the odor hangs around for a while parked the car and came back out 1hr later and you could smell it 20-30 feet away.
Boosted Beluga (06-05-2013), jomc111 (06-05-2013)
 Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well 1 Launch Control rev blew the temp fix i had on the wideband bung :vash: though adding about 18% across the board on the fuel map got it really close, and VE got it the rest of the way. guess the plan is to cut out crappy pipe, go get new pipe and bung and profit.
Boosted Beluga (06-06-2013), jomc111 (06-06-2013)
 Old 06-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #21
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,264 Times in 762 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

awesome project man
[01:31 PM] SoAgg159: my dick is called "quarter mile" it's about 1/4" long and i can give about 14secs of pleasure

[07:06 PM] DarkHeartMS6: yeah. I actually hope i catch my wife with another dude. gives me an excuse to open the emergency door and bail. LOL

[09:13 PM] Pu Manchu: i like to take my gf through the drive thru so i can prove that i can pleasure a woman

forcedinduktion is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by forcedinduktion View Post
awesome project man
thanks man, should get more awesome in the coming weeks. i have alot of custom stuff planed that you should be seeing soon.
Boosted Beluga (06-06-2013), forcedinduktion (06-06-2013)
 Old 06-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #23

jomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Let me know if you need a hand after this weekend I dont have much going on
2009 speed 3 gt cwp -was once a monster -sold
jomc111 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #24

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jomc111 View Post
Let me know if you need a hand after this weekend I dont have much going on
oh im going to need some help in a week or so.

In other news im selling my pieced together setup and getting this SS awesome setup. i decieded that i hate messing with exhaust, so get a good one and leave it alone. also comes with a larger turbo then i had previously so win win. oh and its pretty, and sounds healthy to.

Fail_6 and Koke382 like this.
Boosted Beluga (06-07-2013), jomc111 (06-07-2013)
 Old 06-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #25

Koke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the worldKoke382 is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,322 Times in 1,859 Posts
Groans: 32
Groaned at 39 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

How much?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
COBB AP// Finkles hypnotic sexyness 50/50 e85// HTP 3.5 Whale Penis// HTP 51R battery box// JBR Adjustable SSP//JBR 88 RMM// Grimspeed 3 port EBCS// CX Racing FMIC// CNT Racing catless DP// AT internals// Lamin-x Fog light inserts// Stiffy Ingals Mtourque Mount// Asian tower brace(lol)// CNT Racing Catback// Turbo XS RFL BOV VTA FTMFW!!// Upgrated clutch// Drilled and sloted rotors (font and back)// UNDER THE KNIFE

New fucken miata build:

1993 Red Na6
Some suspension modz yo

1994 Caste White MX5 Miata - sold

1991 Smurf Blue miata - sooooooold
Coilovers// Other shit

Koke382 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Koke382 View Post
How much?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
I'm assuming you mean for the manifold and turbo stuff. You have a pm.
 Old 06-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #27

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,451 Times in 2,593 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Abe/ARTech is the best. Looks almost identical to what I have. You went with the bigger muffler though!

Did you build the MS3 yourself?
aaronc7 is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
Abe/ARTech is the best. Looks almost identical to what I have. You went with the bigger muffler though!

Did you build the MS3 yourself?
i bought it off mt gently used, and Rev built the ms3. im expecting it to be alot of fun.
 Old 06-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #29

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice. I'm looking for an excuse to jump from my MS2/DIYPNP to MS3, but I can't quite justify it. Don't have VVT, which is probably the biggest selling point for MS3 right now over MS2.
 Old 06-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #30

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i just went with the basic ms3. i bought the turbo stuff off fowlermotorsports, he said it should be here Friday so hopefully next week i will be installing. no big deal if its not here friday i still have to do the 949 stage 1 clutch and mtuned coolant reroute so i will be busy for a couple days.
 Old 06-11-2013, 07:59 AM   #31

ajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the world
Groans: 40
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i was very confused reading the last few posts.... i guess ms3 has a couple different meanings haha

RIP - 2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT 22V
COBB AP+SF+TIH|E30 tuned by Mark Gibson|H&R Springs|eBay Downpipe|CXRacing FMIC|KMD+Aviva|SU RMM|TurboXS Hybrid|TWM Base Bushings|Masonvi Knob
ajkulish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #32

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ajkulish View Post
i was very confused reading the last few posts.... i guess ms3 has a couple different meanings haha
Yea it has a couple meanings, we were talking about Megasquirt V3. for those who care here is the comparison chart between the various levels of Megasquirt.
MS Labs ECU Comparison Sheet
obijack (06-12-2013)
 Old 06-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #33

ajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the worldajkulish is the leader of the world
Groans: 40
Groaned at 15 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah i caught on to that after i read MS2 haha

RIP - 2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT 22V
COBB AP+SF+TIH|E30 tuned by Mark Gibson|H&R Springs|eBay Downpipe|CXRacing FMIC|KMD+Aviva|SU RMM|TurboXS Hybrid|TWM Base Bushings|Masonvi Knob
ajkulish is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #34

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Adjustable FPR came in
Koke382 likes this.
Boosted Beluga (06-12-2013), jomc111 (06-12-2013), obijack (06-12-2013)
 Old 06-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #35

obijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the worldobijack is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,455 Times in 646 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 70 Times in 24 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What are the pros and cons of megasquirt compared to hydra or AEM?

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 636 (Zx6r)- Green/ Black

2014 Honda Grom-Red

2014 Yamaha Grizzly 350- Blue

2007 Yamaha Raptor 700 GYTR- White-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
obijack is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #36

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by obijack View Post
What are the pros and cons of megasquirt compared to hydra or AEM?
price - megasquirt is cheaper
Functionality - functions just as well if not better
Most of miata turbo use megasquirt so there is a huge knowledge base
i believe megasquirt is open source so there are different people doing vastly different things with hardware and firmware.
obijack (06-13-2013)
 Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #37

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sold the original setup i had yesterday. surprisingly enough it fit all into a large flat rate box. weighted in at 27lbs.

drove it a little bit today, so picture time.

jomc111 (06-15-2013)
 Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #38

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got home and about cried when i saw the box. thanks ups

But started unpacking and all was undamaged, thankfully. so without further interruption, some fap material for tonight.

i dont think this turbo has ever been on a car

For comparison

Last edited by BoostedM; 07-29-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
BoostedM is offline   Reply With Quote
jomc111 (06-15-2013), Koke382 (06-15-2013), obijack (06-15-2013)
The Following User Says NO Thank You to BoostedM For This Un-useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (06-14-2013)
 Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #39

Not Ranked  0 score     

what turbo is that?
 Old 06-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #40

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

2871 clone, just a bit bigger than the sr20 turbo i was going to us.
Boosted Beluga (06-14-2013)