register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Miata MX-5
> Miata - Forced Induction

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree5Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #121

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,844 Posts
Groans: 50
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Swap pads for street and track? Or you lazy like me and wouldn't want to do that?

Fucking FREEK TUNED and shit
Boosted Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #122

BoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Boosten Ya(josh) View Post
Swap pads for street and track? Or you lazy like me and wouldn't want to do that?
I think that's the plan, don't really have the desire to burn up a set of 130$ pads on the street.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoostedM For This Useful Post:
Boosted Beluga (12-30-2013)
 Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #123

BoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the worldBoostedM is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pulled the trans and found that the pilot bearing had failed, my buddy had a spare so we reassembled and put the 6 speed in. Also fixed a coolant leak on the back side of the head.
Boosted Beluga (12-30-2013)
 Old 12-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #124

bigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond reputebigx5murf has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 9
Groaned at 20 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My friend who tracks his lightly modified MSM uses EBC yellows, on centric c-teks rotors. He says he goes 5 sessions at streets of willow with no brake fade at all. The only down side is the pads squeal unless you brake hard, and they're rough on rotors, odds of warping rotors early is pretty high. They also dust a lot, I remember touching his wheel and making a clean line, then going on a shake down run with him, one highway exit and back, that clean line was black. He says cold braking isn't bad either, but you do have to brake harder.

I had hawk HP+ on a protege years ago. I remember on a 20 degree day, I couldn't even stop my car from rolling back my driveway. Also the dust used to make my lug nuts seize up.

I'm currently running stoptech street performance on centric premium rotors, it's great on the street, and autox. But I haven't done track days. I have a friend running a turbo NA with the same brake setup. He says at streets of willow, it'll start fading after 3-4 sessions. But he's still on stock NA brakes, not the sports brakes package, so the rotors and pads are much smaller.
bigx5murf is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #125

KWhite is a splendid one to beholdKWhite is a splendid one to beholdKWhite is a splendid one to beholdKWhite is a splendid one to beholdKWhite is a splendid one to beholdKWhite is a splendid one to beholdKWhite is a splendid one to beholdKWhite is a splendid one to behold
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Carbotech pads, decent price with great resistance to fade and they work great on the street. I ran mine on US129 for around 5 runs on a 90 degree day with absolutely no fade. Plus they didn't turn my wheels black :-)
KWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #126

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The miata is taking a back seat for a few weeks, the ranger ive had since high school and sold to my dad got wrecked during the bad storm we got within the last couple weeks. Had to take my speed 6 up to him so he has something that can move in the snow, while I fix a exploder.
Grille, headlight, sidemarker light, front bumper, front driverside fender, door, the bed is shifted, possible frame damage, tail light, amd rear bumper are all damaged beyond repair. Pretty much totalled... more sentimental value then is probably worth fixing.
Before and after picks.

Last edited by BoostedM; 01-15-2014 at 09:48 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
BoostedM is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-16-2014, 01:34 AM   #127

Boosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the worldBoosted Beluga is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ouch

Old 01-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #128

jomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the worldjomc111 is the leader of the world
Groans: 11
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

that sucks
2009 speed 3 gt cwp -was once a monster -sold
jomc111 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #129

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Picked up a 3.9 R&P for cheap, thinking about skipping Laguna Seca and building the motor. ive had that really bad gut feeling that the motors is gonna take a shit while im in california if i dont build it. So im thinking
Eagle or Manley H beam Rods
Supertech Pistons 9.5-10:1 depending on what i can get
Boundary Engineering Oil pump
clevite or ACl bearings
ARP Head Studs
99 head with some port and polish work.
eventually build the head with some big cams and bigger valves(maybe next year)

In other news i have a GoPro now so expect video when the weather turns.
 Old 01-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #130

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,451 Times in 2,593 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'd recommend the 8.6 pistons for boost. With pump gas, you will be knock limited always.. no reason to keep bumping the compression up. It's been proven time and time again that the BP motors love timing, and a low CR build will make more power everywhere if tuned right and is safer/easier to tune.
aaronc7 is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #131

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I was planing most of the time e85. Pump gas for road trips. idk havent ordered anything yet. may drop compression to 9:1 and run E85 and see what happens.

Last edited by BoostedM; 01-28-2014 at 08:44 PM.
BoostedM is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-30-2014, 04:23 AM   #132

aaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the worldaaronc7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,451 Times in 2,593 Posts
Groans: 370
Groaned at 171 Times in 143 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

E85 I must have missed that.... in that case disregard what I said!
aaronc7 is online now   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #133

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
E85 I must have missed that.... in that case disregard what I said!
I was leaning toward 9.5:1 so it will still have decent performance on pump when I have to run it.
 Old 02-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #134

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i was thinking about working on it today. mother nature decided otherwise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1551568_10201828059049272_447738803_n.jpg (38.9 KB, 88 views)
 Old 03-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #135

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yesterday it was sunny and 65F out so i decided to go finish the little things and bring it home. first drive with the 6speed and 4.1 gearing makes it feel like rowing a boat on down the road. the car definitely needs a 3.6 rear end. filled it up with e85 and enjoyed driving it for a day. did a quick little pull against my buddy who was driving my speed6, put bus lengths on it, couldnt be happier with that result. today its 28 and snowing. ohio sucks...
Boosted Beluga (03-12-2014)
 Old 03-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #136

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

so i forgot how bad it was for me to drive the miata. im kinda thinking i need to get something more comfortable and bigger as a toy... my chiropractor really hates when i drive the miata because i have the spine of an old man and im probably to tall for the car to begin with. i am 21 i really dont see it getting better as i get older. so i am thinking about selling the miata. it kinda sucks but i think it will keep my back in better condition.
Boosted Beluga (03-19-2014)
 Old 03-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #137

Not Ranked  0 score     

Old 03-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #138

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...9/#post2502854
 Old 09-21-2016, 10:50 PM   #139

nolig2278 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Coil on Plugs

Hi

Did you ever get the coil on plugs working with the megasquirt? I am looking to replace my stock BPT ignition.

thanks
nolig2278 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to nolig2278 For This Un-useful Post:
Neverlift (09-22-2016)