register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Appearance

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Appearance MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Appearance - Show off pics of your ride, including after market body enhancements!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #1

supraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the world
Groans: 13
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Official HID thread?

So after an argument in another thread,
it got me thinking why don't we have one thread with pics and info this way instead of having 400 HID threads we can have one definitive thread.

I was thinking members with HID kits could do something like:

Manufacturer:
Model:
Kelvin rating:
Price:
TRS lens/ or stock lens:
TSX/RX retrofit?:
and then pictures showing what they look like.

I realize most people here are running DDM kits but based on the overwhelming amount of threads there are and threads that created all the time, this might be a good way to pack all the information into one place.

I for one would like to see other members HIDs if they are running a higher (or lower) K bulb then I am to see what they look like. Myabe people could post pics from inside the cabin, pics from outside head on, and from the side?

Just a thought...
supraman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supraman For This Useful Post:
Jedyboyrokr (12-05-2010), kunfu (03-19-2011)
 Old 12-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
meh, no ideas

Jedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 20 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i'll start off. right now my HIDs suck, i think i just got some dirty lenses, but right now im using the DDM 4300K bulbs in my MS6, im hoping Santa brings me some of TRS's 50w Ballasts

Jedyboyrokr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #3

supraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the worldsupraman is the leader of the world
Groans: 13
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

^ pics? I hear the 4300-4500 = most usable light but then I hear people saying 5 is a whiter white..
supraman is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
meh, no ideas

Jedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the worldJedyboyrokr is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by supraman View Post
^ pics? I hear the 4300-4500 = most usable light but then I hear people saying 5 is a whiter white..
yes you are correct, daylight is rated at about 5300K-5500K so anything over that you start to lose actual usable light. OEM is also 35w 4300. and i will try to get some pics tonight. im gonna eventually get 50w ballasts and 5000K 50w bulbs. if you use 35w bulbs with higher ballasts, they put out tons of heat and GREATLY reduce the life span. the projectors in the MS6 are Bosche E46 and they just dont do the job very well like the Morimoto's, Acuras, Valeo's etc.... they are an open design and old tech lol. from what i heard is that on the Bosche ones, after a while the reflective part inside dulls and or kinda burns away...so sometime when i have money lol im gonna do a proper retro

Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Ur moms boyfriend

forcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the worldforcedinduktion is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,265 Times in 763 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 99 Times in 70 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i can see errthang with my 6ks 35w
forcedinduktion is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #6

ClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the worldClutchEngaged is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

just saying
ClutchEngaged is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #7

mdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the worldmdl3v8 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 14 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

OEM HIDs

New on the left, old on the right.

6000K eBay HIDs, $12 shipped for the pair with lifetime warranty.

Edit:

Manufacturer: China?
Model: ?
Kelvin rating: 6000K
Price: $11.94 for the pair, shipped, with lifetime warranty
Website: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200562226885 from this seller: http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/autoarmour-auctions/
TRS lens/ or stock lens: Stock Lenses
TSX/RX retrofit?: No
3" JBR TIP + 3.5" Treadstone MAF Housing | GTX2867R | CP-E catted DP | COBB CBE | Autotech Internals | CXRacing Piping + TR8 | DevilsOwn Meth Kit | Forge BPV | JBR Shifter Bushings | DM RMM | JBR PMM | JBR RSB | Moog Front/Rear Endlinks | Koni Yellows

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by mdl3v8; 01-21-2011 at 08:24 PM.
mdl3v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #8

senor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,869 Times in 471 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 21 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Manufacturer: DDM Tuning
Model: Slim
Kelvin rating: 6000k Low/3000k Fog
Price: I think 100 for both. I bought them before they got really cheap.
TRS lens/ or stock lens: stock lenses

There was mud on my passenger side light so that's why it doesn't look it's on.

Standing where the fogs stop and the lows take over on the ground.

Check out my big turbo build!

Last edited by senor blanco ms3; 01-22-2011 at 06:59 AM.
senor blanco ms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
meh, no ideas

Not Ranked  0 score     

well i bought some Retros with the GB goin around because the stock MS6's are some of the worst out there...mazda put the good lights on the 3's. so here is my stock HIDs vs a 2011 GTI i work at VW, so i couldnt stand any longer not being able to see after driving the Vdub cars lol---the GTI is Bi-Xenon, the MS6 is halogen Hi's so no hi-beams of me

all these pics were taken in the same location on the same night with my Droid X

First up GTI Lows, GTI Highs, GTI Lows

then here is my 2006 MS6 Stock HIDs with newish 4300K bulbs

Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #10

niterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond reputeniterydr has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 28
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Manufacturer: DDM Tuning
Model: Slim
Kelvin rating: 6000k Low / 3000k Fog w/ yellow tint
Price: $83 for both
TRS lens/ or stock lens: stock lenses

^^ They look bluer in that last pic then they do in person.
 Old 02-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #11

Orphen is just really niceOrphen is just really niceOrphen is just really niceOrphen is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 17 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Now with the MS6 is it just a newer bulb or is it a hole new unit when upgrading the HIDs?
Orphen is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #12

senor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the worldsenor blanco ms3 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

it's the same as any car. if you have hid's, it's a bulb upgrade. if you don't have hid's, you need the ballasts too.

oh, i should note that im running 5k for lows and fogs now instead of the 6k/3k in the pics above.

i like the 5k/5k combo much better.

Last edited by senor blanco ms3; 02-28-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #13

Orphen is just really niceOrphen is just really niceOrphen is just really niceOrphen is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

And the DDM bulbs will drop in with the stock ballast without problems? and whats the bulb size?

Last edited by Orphen; 02-28-2011 at 11:45 AM.
 Old 02-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Orphen View Post
And the DDM bulbs will drop in with the stock ballast without problems? and whats the bulb size?
you put the bulb in just like any other bulb and you have to mount the ballast somewhere. there are dozens of how-to's if you search. you'll also find your bulb size or you could look in your owners manual.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks I found the bulb size looking like a D2S. But why would I need to move the ballast? from what I could see its in a decent area as it is.
 Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #16

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

DDM 6k 55 watt ballast.
 Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #17

insomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud ofinsomniacucr has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

240mazspd3,

Are you using any extra relays? I remember seeing that the DDM website says that you may need extra relays to keep the stock wiring from melting. What is your experience?
insomniacucr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #18

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

no extra relays. they were total plug and play have been using these since OCT 08
 Old 03-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #19

NickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant future
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

For the fogs, isn't there companies who just sell a "lense" or a "tint" that applies over the factory fogs? How is it the Lexus is300's and the 240sx's get that look?

I've seen many other vehicles done and they look cheap and nowhere near as nice. I don't want that faded weird looking yellow. I have a friend w/ an SER and he has I believe 3k hid conversion in his fogs w/ a yellow tint on them and don't like the way they look..

Suggestions - or links?
Evo X wheels w/ hankook Evo12 235's - Cobb AP (Stage 2 SF93+FMIC) - PG FMIC KIT - CNT Catted DP - (Stock CBE w/ 2 res del) - Cobb SRI - Cobb TIP - Polished Forge BPV - All 3 SU RMM kit - Denso Plugs - TWM Shifter Bushings - Autometer C2 vacuum/boost - Yellow lamin-x film (fogs) - True Red Eyelids - Black Flying M badges
NickG1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NickG1986 For This Useful Post:
kunfu (03-19-2011)
 Old 03-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #20

Titanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond reputeTitanknight has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a tint on my headlights and fog lights. Neither are yellow but either way they do not effect the look of your lights at night time, just how they look during the day. They are pretty inexpensive and personally I think they look pretty nice.

This is the website I ordered mine from.
Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style
Titanknight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titanknight For This Useful Post:
NickG1986 (03-19-2011)
 Old 03-23-2011, 05:42 AM   #21

boost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes they are more than likely lamin-x on there. You can buy them in sheets of various sizes. I think I'm going to buy some for my headlights, I have one that is very dull going to restore it and then put some lamin-x on them.

As far as the bulbs go, the Speed 3/6 that have HIDs you just need the D2S bulbs, which most companies now are making D2C bulbs that fit the D2S and D2R..
boost2dms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-23-2011, 06:09 AM   #22

NickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant futureNickG1986 has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

So if I upgrade to 6k all I need are D2S bulbs?
Evo X wheels w/ hankook Evo12 235's - Cobb AP (Stage 2 SF93+FMIC) - PG FMIC KIT - CNT Catted DP - (Stock CBE w/ 2 res del) - Cobb SRI - Cobb TIP - Polished Forge BPV - All 3 SU RMM kit - Denso Plugs - TWM Shifter Bushings - Autometer C2 vacuum/boost - Yellow lamin-x film (fogs) - True Red Eyelids - Black Flying M badges
NickG1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #23

boost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the worldboost2dms6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 6
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

For the headlights yes. There are cheapos on ebay that last a long time for like $40-50 bucks for the pair.
boost2dms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boost2dms6 For This Useful Post:
NickG1986 (03-23-2011)