register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Autosports Area
> Auto-X / Road Racing / Time Attack

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree43Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-04-2015, 01:43 PM   #121
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,138 Times in 2,321 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 33 Times in 19 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cnyms6 View Post
Love the cooling mods and discussion. Can you describe the operation and plumbing of the aux oil cooler more? What are you thinking for the aux cooling circuit and extra radiator?
See last post below for gheyness.

A History Of Violence

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
Tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (03-04-2015)
 Old 03-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #122

cnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Very cool extra radiator and circuit. Very clever to avoid the need for another expansion tank and other complexity.

Are you willing to share your design genius on the aux oil cooler also? I was under the impression that these were two separate systems, but I'm slow.
Street: Conti DWS 225/50-17 on 17x7 et 45, Track: Nitto NT-05 255/40-17 on Enkei RPF1
137,000 miles of driving fun
cnyms6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-05-2015, 06:11 AM   #123
Bob Ross Fanclub

Tomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the worldTomas is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You are correct, they are two separate systems.
You can find more info on the oil cooler set up here in in post 47 here

Head Fails with Aplomb

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (03-05-2015), cnyms6 (03-05-2015), Enki (03-05-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-05-2015)
 Old 03-07-2015, 06:56 AM   #124

cnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the worldcnyms6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

so many fins! Have you done any investigation to look for ways to increase air through the coolers?

These guys have a simple testing based approach to map differential pressures on the underbody (AutoSpeed - Undertrays, Spoiler & Bonnet Vents, Part 3) and found simple and inexpensive ways to increase air flow through the fins and out of the engine bay. I'm planning to try this once my car is back running.

But since you'll be in the heat sooner, thought either you'd be interested, or have already done similar.

Seems cooling capacity is going to be the limiting factor for power in track use of these cars. When we double the power, we also double the heat rejection. Even much higher power street cars do not reject heat for long periods like even low power track use.
Street: Conti DWS 225/50-17 on 17x7 et 45, Track: Nitto NT-05 255/40-17 on Enkei RPF1
The Following User Says Thank You to cnyms6 For This Useful Post:
Tomas (03-10-2015)
 Old 03-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #125

Voltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the worldVoltwings is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,545 Times in 2,154 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 38 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so many fins! Have you done any investigation to look for ways to increase air through the coolers?

These guys have a simple testing based approach to map differential pressures on the underbody (AutoSpeed - Undertrays, Spoiler & Bonnet Vents, Part 3) and found simple and inexpensive ways to increase air flow through the fins and out of the engine bay. I'm planning to try this once my car is back running.

But since you'll be in the heat sooner, thought either you'd be interested, or have already done similar.

Seems cooling capacity is going to be the limiting factor for power in track use of these cars. When we double the power, we also double the heat rejection. Even much higher power street cars do not reject heat for long periods like even low power track use.

Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence here, but just for the sake of discussion:

Typical rule of thumb for a track car is to duct the radiator (as much high pressure pre radiator as possible) and vent the engine bay via the hood, venders... (creating as much low pressure in the engine bay as possible).

Basically, these pressure differentials are what "force feed" air through the intercooler / radiator, and actually improve the efficiency with which the heat is extracted from it. What makes this tricky in the case of the speed, is the stock setup is designed to plumb outside air into the engine bay for the TMIC. Really I imagine just blocking those vents off in the first place might be enough to make a large difference to underhood pressure if you haven't already. The next step would be just trying to duct the front as much as possible I guess to hit the pressure differential from that side ... Theres just going to come a point where shit is going to run hot though, the stock cooling system is not great ... even high horsepower street cars over heat. I had a guy I was tuning running mid 500's whp on a Gen2 and his coolant temps would get into the 250s doing street runs (couple of 3rd - 5th pulls against people) while we were out tuning.

Edit: I actually just realized I was proving my own point. We had the stock tmic duct wide open, just dumping air into the engine bay ... Pressure differentials. Here's where things really get tricky though; on my gen 2, I distinctly remember coolant temps being affected like 3-5 degrees having the tmic ducting in tact and directing air to the valve cover (when fmic) as opposed to just leaving it out and having the air just blow about.
-Mustang 5.0 450 whp / 352 wtq
-Sold-

Current:
2012 Loaded Speed3 - Stock
2001 Miata - Basically stock

... Something, somewhere, went horribly wrong.

Fastest gtx3576 powered, 6th port injected, 25% e85 fueled, stock suspension, silver mazdaspeed 3 in South Houston. Because its my internet record, and I said so.

Last edited by Voltwings; 03-09-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Voltwings For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (03-09-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-10-2015), Tomas (03-10-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #126
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I remember reading that article a few years back and totally forgot about it.
Will conduct some test soon.
$28 from ebay.

Code Monkey I dare you call my new springs girly.
I spit on your 1000 lbs springs! Who is loling at whose spring rate now huh !?!?!
I hais teh moar manly springs.

Got these for the rear.

AFCOIL Spring Lift Bar 5 Inch Outside Diameter Progressive Rate 10.5 Inch Length AFCO | AfcoDynaPro.com

Progressive / 2 step from 200 lbs to 2000 lbs. That's right. Thats two billion motherfucking pounds. Surprisingly, they feel pretty good. Really not harsh at all. They are 10.5" tall and the lower spring rate part is completly compressed so I am thinking they are mostly working in the 2000 lbs range. The car now has almost zero squat. Haven't taken it to the track to see how it behaves but will soon. Probably need to increase rebound (decrease rebound bleed) for the bils in the rear. That's the beauty of having take aparts. It takes time but you can tune in yo shit at least.

Also got some energy suspension isolators so the springs don't ride against the body metal-on-metal. But they sort of failed. God squashed like a soup sandwhich.

Also modified the top hats. Cuz I likes cushy ride. Poured so 80 duro urethane on the saucers.

after pouring

and debured.

Next in line I am going to try to convert the OE Bilsteins for the front into take apart meself. I have some ideas now on what needs to be done.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS

Last edited by Tomas; 03-30-2015 at 01:16 PM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (03-30-2015), Code Monkey (03-30-2015), Dano (03-30-2015), Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Lex (03-31-2015), Mattyhawk1 (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-30-2015), Nliiitend1 (03-30-2015), phate (03-30-2015), Voltwings (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-30-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #127

Mauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the worldMauro_Penguin is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,946 Times in 1,242 Posts
Groans: 168
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Interested to see how you incorporate those strappy heels with your higher spring rates.

-Delray/Grieco Mazda or Direct Auto Body, ask me why you should NOT take your car to either.
-It is more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slow
Mauro_Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mauro_Penguin For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (04-01-2015), Dano (04-01-2015), Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-30-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 03:56 PM   #128

zenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the worldzenit is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,086 Times in 732 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lemme know if you need help or advice on the takeapart/ conversion of the bils. I just successfully did this with my koni's.

Also, about those springs... at what compression point does coil bind/ spring destruction happen on those? Those are some wide coil loops.

"if anyone else acts a fool, we'll punish them to Roberts oil hut to discuss string alignment technique"
-wetzel
zenit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zenit For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-30-2015), Tomas (03-30-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 04:10 PM   #129

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,847 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Enjoy the 4.5 / 5.0 Hz frequencies, should have poured a custom mouth guard while you were at it.... Also, invest in an under hood fire suppressant system, you know what happens when the hard fuel line vibrates too much..... I look forward toward your impressions.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (03-30-2015), Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-30-2015), Nliiitend1 (03-30-2015), Tomas (03-30-2015), zenit (03-30-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #130
rabble rabble

802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world802MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,935 Times in 2,083 Posts
Groans: 221
Groaned at 103 Times in 56 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

awesome!
Tomas (03-30-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #131
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mauro_Penguin View Post
Interested to see how you incorporate those strappy heels with your higher spring rates.
Yes. Apparently I am a cordwainer now. I repaired my GF's shoes once with my micro nail gun. Her sister found out about it, and just like that dropped of a pair of shoes in my garage for me to repair. What the fuck I tell you.

Originally Posted by zenit View Post
Lemme know if you need help or advice on the takeapart/ conversion of the bils. I just successfully did this with my koni's.

Also, about those springs... at what compression point does coil bind/ spring destruction happen on those? Those are some wide coil loops.
Well yes. I can use some help. Why don't you make a thread if you haven't already done so?

The point of coil bind for the 2k part of the spring is lower than the hard bump stop for the LCA. In other words, if the hard rubber stop makes contact, the spring will not be fully compressed yet.

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Enjoy the 4.5 / 5.0 Hz frequencies, should have poured a custom mouth guard while you were at it.... Also, invest in an under hood fire suppressant system, you know what happens when the hard fuel line vibrates too much..... I look forward toward your impressions.
You can't calculate a frequency like that for progressive springs.
When the car dives during braking, and the rear end gets unloaded, the soft part of the spring comes into action. In other words you don't have to worry about the rear end trying to overtake you and kill your arse when you enter a corner while braking.
The stiff part of the spring comes into play during acceleration and partially during cruising. Also of course when you hit bumps.
The idea here is that on corner entry you won't get a very strong oversteer effect like you would have on a linear say 1000 lbs spring. On corner exit however, when you load the rear, you get the stiff part of the spring coming into action creating corner exit oversteer which is really what I am looking for. Not easy to achieve on AWD vehicles but we'll see. That's the idea at least. Have to admit I got zero proof that's what's gonna happen but experimenting is the whole point.
Mauro_Penguin likes this.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS

Last edited by Tomas; 03-30-2015 at 08:21 PM.
802MS3 (03-31-2015), Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 08:22 PM   #132

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Whatever, where are pictures of the gf and gf's sister?
Easter Bunny likes this.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), predapio (03-31-2015), Tokay444 (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 09:34 PM   #133
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,248 Times in 6,532 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 25 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
Yes. Apparently I am a cordwainer now. I repaired my GF's shoes once with my micro nail gun. Her sister found out about it, and just like that dropped of a pair of shoes in my garage for me to repair. What the fuck I tell you.
good stuff up in here I tell ya. I need some of that pour-able urethane to use on my stiffy tower mount...what did you use?

and if you tell me what you used I'll tell you a similar story to your "shoe repair" story above.

back story is, the wife is always "taking shoes to shoe repair" this week and again a few weeks later...with another pair of course...she has like 100...anyway, so one day she is bitching about yet another trip to get a 1/8th" rubber tip put onto the heel of a pair...I mistakenly commented that I could cut a piece off a sheet I have, contact cement that bitch on and tack it with a brad for good measure...her eyes widened....you already know how the rest of this story goes...hahahaha

I will say my repairs hold up much longer than "shoe repair's" do...I think I'll open up the shop on weekends for the neighborhood MILFs to drop by for a "repair". (que 70s porn music)

keep the good stuff coming.

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-31-2015), Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), predapio (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-30-2015, 09:37 PM   #134

Enki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the worldEnki is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,287 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Dano View Post
que 70s porn music
Speaking of, still waiting for thread title to come to fruition.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1981_1.gif
Enki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Enki For This Useful Post:
Dano (03-31-2015), Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), predapio (03-31-2015), Tokay444 (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 05:18 AM   #135

Not Ranked  0 score     

I need some of that pour-able urethane to use on my stiffy tower mount...what did you use?
You can use Flexane.

2017 Subaru BRZ
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
Dano (03-31-2015), Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #136
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

DEVCON Flexane 80 liquid is what I used.
And Dano.
No ones here believes you are married.
Everyone knows you are an incognito Catholic Bishop with a tendency to invite alter boys for a ride in your wagon.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
802MS3 (03-31-2015), btstarcher (04-05-2015), ButtholeRedMS3 (12-27-2015), Code Monkey (03-31-2015), Dano (03-31-2015), Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), predapio (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 07:40 AM   #137
Trail of Fail

Dano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the worldDano is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for the tip...and I that last comment couldn't be further from the truth my son.

07 Red MS3 GT - E40 - Carrillo Rods - Wiseco Pistons - BSD - JBR 3.5 WidePath - ATP GTX3071 - Forge BPV - GA - Cobb v2 FMIC - CPE EM - CPE DP - CNT CBE - APv3 - Grim EBC - PERM dual port PCV plate - Dano dual OCC - CPE CDFP - Labonte S2 WMI - ACT Street Kit - SUv2 RMM - SU TM - "Stiffy" MM - DG CF wing ext, skirts & front lip - Hotchkis RSB/FSB w PowerGrid Links - Koni FSDs - DBA SX4000 Rotors - Hawk Pads - Silver OZ Ultraleggera - 235/40/18 NT-01
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), Tokay444 (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 08:26 AM   #138
Raider is mah Homie

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,694 Times in 4,613 Posts
Groans: 2,978
Groaned at 94 Times in 82 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

DEVCON Flexane 80 liquid is what I used.
And Dano.
No ones here believes you are married.
Everyone knows you are an incognito Catholic Bishop with a tendency to invite alter boys for a ride in your wagon.

False you just have to make sure the fat one is on the bottom.

Unless you are into necrophilia.
Also guarantee the fat one will let you do ass to mouth.

"I wish I had fewer pussies to fuck" -said no one ever

I hugged rfinkle2
Easter Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
ButtholeRedMS3 (12-27-2015), Code Monkey (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), predapio (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 01:40 PM   #139
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have a phobia against asphyxiation.
If she decides to flip from the bottom. I'd die of fear alone.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 01:49 PM   #140
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

I threw up in my mouth just reading EBs post....
Easter Bunny likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 02:14 PM   #141
Raider is mah Homie

Easter Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the worldEaster Bunny is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I threw up in my mouth just reading EBs post....
Be glad I censored my self in an attempt to keep things on topic.

I hugged rfinkle2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), predapio (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 02:28 PM   #142

predapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the world
Thanked 45,197 Times in 6,409 Posts
Groans: 309
Groaned at 206 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Easter Bunny View Post
Be glad I censored my self in an attempt to keep things on topic.
Since when has that stopped you?

Dash08: I don't see the whole pedophile thing, But Predapio is a dirty old bastard. So, I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
That's also why he fits in here. We're all a bunch of filthy, perverted, arrogant, pessimistic, self-righteous assholes who find entertainment at other peoples expense.
What a lovable bunch we are!!
predapio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to predapio For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (03-31-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 03:35 PM   #143
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by predapio View Post
Since when has that stopped you?
You would be surprised/frightened by the shit I type and then don't post.

I hugged rfinkle2
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
ButtholeRedMS3 (12-27-2015), Dano (03-31-2015), Mauro_Penguin (03-31-2015), predapio (03-31-2015), Tokay444 (03-31-2015), Tomas (03-31-2015), WetzMS3 (04-01-2015)
 Old 03-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #144

Devillish is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Easter Bunny (04-03-2015), Tokay444 (04-01-2015)
 Old 04-01-2015, 05:59 AM   #145
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

What the fuck is an rzmzmzm girl?
can you climb a pole?

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
Mauro_Penguin (04-01-2015)
 Old 04-01-2015, 08:16 AM   #146
Trail of Fail

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok...i'm slow but I think I just spotted Waldo in this post...lol

totally missed it the 1st time around even with Mauro's comment.

#shoerepair

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dano For This Useful Post:
daafisch (04-02-2015), Easter Bunny (04-01-2015), Mauro_Penguin (04-01-2015), Tomas (04-01-2015), WetzMS3 (04-01-2015)
 Old 04-01-2015, 09:37 AM   #147
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

also in this one

edit: also @Tomas; you need to cut back on the smoking

I hugged rfinkle2
The Following User Says Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
Tomas (04-01-2015)
 Old 04-01-2015, 04:28 PM   #148
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck dude.
That, drinking and fucking around with cars are the only things left I still unconditionally enjoy in life.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Easter Bunny (04-03-2015), Mauro_Penguin (04-01-2015)
 Old 04-01-2015, 05:27 PM   #149
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuck dude.
That, drinking and fucking around with cars are the only things left I still unconditionally enjoy in life.
uhh masturbating?

I hugged rfinkle2
Mauro_Penguin (04-01-2015)
 Old 04-03-2015, 04:47 AM   #150
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

not even close.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
Mauro_Penguin (04-03-2015)
 Old 04-03-2015, 05:31 AM   #151

Not Ranked  0 score     

When you begin testing with your magnehelic toy, would you please confirm that the slotted vent in drivers wheel well exhausts into the wheel well at all normal speeds?
The Following User Says Thank You to cnyms6 For This Useful Post:
Tomas (04-03-2015)
 Old 04-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #152
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
 Old 04-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #153
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

not even close.
How could someone be so bad at jerking off as to not enjoy it?

I hugged rfinkle2
Tomas (04-05-2015)
 Old 04-05-2015, 06:08 AM   #154
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

You grossly underestimate my ability to excel at incompetence.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
Easter Bunny (04-05-2015), Enki (04-05-2015), Mattyhawk1 (04-05-2015), Mauro_Penguin (04-05-2015)
 Old 04-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #155

Mattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the worldMattyhawk1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tomas, I learn quite a bit of useful things in your threads, but your anecdotes keep me coming back for more.
Mattyhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mattyhawk1 For This Useful Post:
Tomas (04-06-2015)
 Old 05-16-2015, 03:07 PM   #156

Not Ranked  0 score     

When you fit the 7163 and EFR manifold, did you need to cut back one of the manifold studs? And maybe clock the compressor a bit more than vertical to clear the valve cover vent? Did you need to do anything else to get it to fit?
 Old 06-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #157
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes. I had to grind to stud closest to the drivers side IIRC. And clocking of the compressor housing is also necessary.
Other then that I have a custom down pipe with cast elbow and flex pipe so I couldn't tell you if the full rape DP fits without a problem.
Intake should be very straight forwward.
The oil drain line for the terboh will also need to be custom made.
The OEM oil feed line works. You just have to bend it a bit so it points toward the turbo oil inlet port.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (06-11-2015), Code Monkey (06-11-2015), Easter Bunny (06-12-2015)
 Old 06-12-2015, 06:09 AM   #158
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Changed covers on the Corbeau seat and removed the 2000 lbs progressive springs. They were a bit too much.
Also the strut plate isolators failed miserably. Guess I should have laid shims on the studs and then pour the urethane just a hair line thicker than the shims.

I was also able to convert the front bills to take-aparts. Shit if I had known if was this easy I would just have gotten the OTS bills for the rear as well instead of the race shocks. Oh well.

Bilstein Race Shocks for the 6

I am not really a fan of the helper spring set up. There is definitely an increase in harshness as opposed to two rate/ progressive springs. As of now I don't have a better solution however since the progressive springs I've found in 2.5" ID have 450 lbs at the most.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS

Last edited by Tomas; 06-12-2015 at 06:21 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-12-2015), Dano (06-12-2015), Easter Bunny (06-12-2015), Mauro_Penguin (06-12-2015), phate (06-12-2015), WetzMS3 (09-06-2015)
 Old 06-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #159
Raider is mah Homie

Not Ranked  0 score     

aren't helper springs only there to keep the main spring locked in place when you jack the car up? ie. they are fully compressed when the car is on the ground?

I hugged rfinkle2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easter Bunny For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-12-2015), Mauro_Penguin (06-12-2015), Tomas (06-12-2015)
 Old 06-12-2015, 10:51 AM   #160
Bob Ross Fanclub

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

That is partially correct.
If you go through a bump where the suspension compresses and then decompresses to the point where the helper spring starts to decompress, when the main spring comes down and drops on the helper spring after that, it can get harsh.
Not a problem on a race car.
Can be annoying on a DD.

MAKE LOVE TO THE CANVAS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tomas For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (06-12-2015), daafisch (06-15-2015), Mauro_Penguin (06-12-2015)

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f233/dildo-blitz-169330/
Posted By For Type Date
Reedy's Engine Rebuild Bonanza! - Page 20 Post #87 Pingback 03-04-2015 10:07 PM