register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

Notices

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 AM   #1

JLchop will become famous soon enoughJLchop will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Bluetooth OBD-2 and Torque App

I just got my bluetooth OBD2 in and downloaded an app on my smart phone called torque. They offer a free one and one that cost $5 bucks. You can do and read alot more stuff with the paid app like 0-60 times, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, HP, Torgue, boost, and trouble codes of course. You can have up to six gauges on one screen at once or you can have just one big one in a graph, dial, or digital style. The OBD2 is only around $25.00 w/shipping on Ebay. Check it out, it's a very useful tool for only $30.00 total.
JLchop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to JLchop For This Un-useful Post:
volodya84 (06-01-2011)
 Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #2

starscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the world
Groans: 44
Groaned at 22 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Heres my review i did with it a while ago:

So I was playing around with my phone (rooting and the like) and came across a application called "TORQUE". I looked into it and liked what it could do:

-Monitor the from the cars OBD2 port
-Accelleration, 1/4 mile, 1/8mile and all that type of performance logging
-Clear/Retrieve Engine Codes
-Fuel Economy Tool
-View livedata from the ODB2 port on my phone
-Email logs (havent tested this part yet, however it maybe useful to people that do tracking)
-Use the GPS signal to track where youve been (longitute and latitude can be logged and I !think! referenced to whats being monitored)

HOWEVER after buying the program hastly for 3-4 bucks I realized that...shit....how the hell would I connect this sucker to the car? I looked on the TORQUE applications website and found a few adapters that you can purchase. At the time they were in the 129.99-189.99 range (plus shipping as they were all sold in the states). I did some googling and looking around for a OBD2 bluetooth reader and came up with some on ebay for 30 bucks. The app says most dont work and may cause problems but I figured I could take a 30 buck gamble and find one and see if it works.

I ended up getting a ELM327 Interface Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor and after a massive 28 business day shipping from China I finally got it.

Connecting the adapter to the OBD2 port is easy enough. It took a few tries to get it to sync up to my phones bluetooth as the pin they gave me was wrong and I had to dig around on the net to find it. After doing that the program wouldnt find it, however a crutial step is you need to specify what bluetooth device the app will use (as in specifically select it in your phone, in the application. It does not find it automatically). Doing that and waiting 20 seconds the first time the program found it, found the ODB2 port signals and started scanning the car (it automatically finds the VIN, Make and ECU Firmware build number).

I played around with it for a bit, its nice and responsive however it doesnt monitor everything as say a Dashhawk or Dashdaq does (but it does do most basic stuff which is nice). It is good as a code reader/clearer and to get better fuel economy (theres a fuel economy app to show you how much gas your using and hence you can adjust accordingly to get better mileage (as in you'll have to modulate your foot yourself)).

Overall for a 35 buck investment its not bad as a code reader/scanner, performance logs and basic livedata view. I mean other basic code readers are 30-40 bucks any way this just is a decent bit more useful!

Heres some pics of the adaptor and application.

The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to starscream For This Un-useful Post:
MS33SM (06-03-2011), volodya84 (06-01-2011)
 Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 AM   #3

robry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the world
Groans: 26
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

can you elaborate on what you can datalog with this?

can you see things like AFR, fuel pressure, etc? that would be good to know. I'd like to order one of these soon.

thanks!
2014 Mustang GT Premium 6MT - GT Track Pack/Leather Recaros/Glass roof in Sterling Grey Metallic | Barton SS/2 Post | J&M LCA | Steeda Street UCA | JBA 3" O/R X | GT500 ABs | JLT plastic CAI | SCT xcal with AED HP custom tune
SOLD2011 Mazdaspeed3 Celestial Blue Mica
robry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to robry For This Un-useful Post:
volodya84 (06-01-2011)
 Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #4

volodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the worldvolodya84 is the leader of the world
Groans: 42
Groaned at 18 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

SEARCH!!!!!

"ban post whoring brownies"

Forge v1
volodya84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volodya84 For This Useful Post:
MS33SM (06-03-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say NO Thank You to volodya84 For This Un-useful Post:
oh10speed3 (06-04-2011), starscream (06-02-2011)
 Old 06-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #5

starscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the worldstarscream is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by volodya84 View Post
SEARCH!!!!!
Youre a dumbshit.
 Old 06-03-2011, 05:54 AM   #6

robry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the worldrobry is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

starscream:

I read about torque having the ability to do enhanced PIDs, so it looks like it might be able to log additional things like the dashdaq does.

I'm gonna pick up the BT dongle and see if I can't help the developers in anyway.

thank you for that review though!
2014 Mustang GT Premium 6MT - GT Track Pack/Leather Recaros/Glass roof in Sterling Grey Metallic | Barton SS/2 Post | J&M LCA | Steeda Street UCA | JBA 3" O/R X | GT500 ABs | JLT plastic CAI | SCT xcal with AED HP custom tune
 Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #7

Walkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the worldWalkman is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 11 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

The only thing that sucks is that the ELM327 does not with with Iphone. Go fail again apple.
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Walkman For This Useful Post:
robry (06-03-2011)
 Old 06-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
Banned

MS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,772 Times in 826 Posts
Groans: 132
Groaned at 166 Times in 92 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Youre a dumbshit.
n00b. Torque is nearly useless as is. Half of the standard PIDs work & they're useless PIDs. Gotta add in the enhanced PIDs.

@robry go here:http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...id-list-71429/
Torque works great and is a cheap solution until you get an AP.
MS33SM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MS33SM For This Useful Post:
robry (06-03-2011)
The Following User Says NO Thank You to MS33SM For This Un-useful Post:
starscream (06-03-2011)
 Old 06-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS33SM View Post
n00b. Torque is nearly useless as is. Half of the standard PIDs work & they're useless PIDs. Gotta add in the enhanced PIDs.

Youre also a dumbshit.

What part of "Overall for a 35 buck investment its not bad as a code reader/scanner, performance logs and basic livedata view. I mean other basic code readers are 30-40 bucks any way this just is a decent bit more useful!"

did you not understand from my original post? did you not see that I basically said that its just a "decent bit more useful" then a basic code reader. Did I say they do all the PIDs? NOPE, I did say it does basic stuff which it does do. So again...your groaning because YOU didnt read the post?

See what I mean, youre a dumbshit.
 Old 06-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #10

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Walkman View Post
The only thing that sucks is that the ELM327 does not with with Iphone. Go fail again apple.
not a problem, using an HTC thunderbolt here.

sweet, thank you for that info.
 Old 06-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #11
Banned

MS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by starscream View Post
Youre also a dumbshit.

What part of "Overall for a 35 buck investment its not bad as a code reader/scanner, performance logs and basic livedata view. I mean other basic code readers are 30-40 bucks any way this just is a decent bit more useful!"

did you not understand from my original post? did you not see that I basically said that its just a "decent bit more useful" then a basic code reader. Did I say they do all the PIDs? NOPE, I did say it does basic stuff which it does do. So again...your groaning because YOU didnt read the post?

See what I mean, youre a dumbshit.
Meh
 Old 06-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #12

Nosaj has a spectacular aura aboutNosaj has a spectacular aura aboutNosaj has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

star can you export one of your datalogs from the torque app and post it? i ordered a BT adapter and will try the app when it comes in but I would like to see what the logs will look like,
Nosaj is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nosaj View Post
star can you export one of your datalogs from the torque app and post it? i ordered a BT adapter and will try the app when it comes in but I would like to see what the logs will look like,
Sure!

I dont have any on my phone, but I can take some in the next few days. Usually I just stick to the DashDAQ.

I'll take my adapter with me and do some for ya.
 Old 06-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #14

Nosaj has a spectacular aura aboutNosaj has a spectacular aura aboutNosaj has a spectacular aura about
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks!!

BTW my BT adapter was 17.98 off ebay and the torque app is 4.95....
 Old 06-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #15

MattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 14 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We need to start a list of features and functionality people want torque to have. I am seriously considering writing my own app. I have the enhanced PIDs and have been waiting months to implement them in torque. Could have done my own by now.
GTX3071 - SURE 3.25" Full3 Aeros - CP-E FMIC - CP-E Catted Downpipe - CNT Catback Exhaust - HKS SSQV BPV - James Barone 88 Trilogy - KMD CDFP Internals - CP-E Injector Seals - Cobb EBCS - ITV22 at .025 - 3 Bar MAP

Bitwise Motorsports http://www.bitwise-motorsports.com -
Mazdaspeed 3 BAR MAP Harness, Torque Plugins for Android, and 3-Port EBCS (coming soon!)
MattJackson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MattJackson86 View Post
We need to start a list of features and functionality people want torque to have. I am seriously considering writing my own app. I have the enhanced PIDs and have been waiting months to implement them in torque. Could have done my own by now.
I'm all for you writing your own app. The constant updates of Torque are annoying and the fact that he can't get the standard PIDs working is mind blowing. An app that has fault codes, standard PIDs working & logging would be a good start.

You could start at the torque forums for wanted features, lol. He seems to be non responsive to adding useful features.
 Old 06-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

Matt do you have any datalogs from the torque app? Id like to see what spits out. if it not worthwhile Ill checkout some software for my laptop instead.
 Old 06-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #18

MattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the worldMattJackson86 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't no. Someone who uses the app more than I would be best to ask.
GTX3071 - SURE 3.25" Full3 Aeros - CP-E FMIC - CP-E Catted Downpipe - CNT Catback Exhaust - HKS SSQV BPV - James Barone 88 Trilogy - KMD CDFP Internals - CP-E Injector Seals - Cobb EBCS - ITV22 at .025 - 3 Bar MAP

Mazdaspeed 3 BAR MAP Harness, Torque Plugins for Android, and 3-Port EBCS (coming soon!)
 Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

I got my BT adapter and have the torque app... Its pretty sweet. It looks like the only thing the app doesnt have PIDs for is KR and AFR. Does anyone have the Mazda specific PIDs and the full info for the formula & scaling? If I get that I can log pretty much everything.
 Old 06-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

I do have the information but it will not work in the current version of Torque. I am working with the developer on it but have not heard anything in a long time.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #21

pebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the worldpebenito is the leader of the world
Groans: 12
Not Ranked  0 score     

I do have the information but it will not work in the current version of Torque. I am working with the developer on it but have not heard anything in a long time.
Did the Torque dev ever say what priority he was giving to this? He pushes out a new version practically every other day; it would seem its very low on his list.
 Old 06-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Sweet... Hopefully he will get back to you this app is just a few steps away from being awesome.
 Old 06-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Btw Matt are you working on a plugin for the app or working on getting the app to use manually entered PIDS?

Would getting a few folks to post on his forum requesting more mazdaspeed support help?
 Old 06-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

I would be creating a plugin to his app, though at the moment even his app does not work with my PID information. So both need to be modified to work. I will email him and see where he stands on it.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #25

Not Ranked  0 score     

I updated today and AFR (commanded) works now (measured) doesnt but my gues is that would only work with a wideband sensor.

That means we are only a few PIDS away from being to log everything we need right?
 Old 06-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #26
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Nosaj View Post
I updated today and AFR (commanded) works now (measured) doesnt but my gues is that would only work with a wideband sensor.

That means we are only a few PIDS away from being to log everything we need right?
The wideband afr pid is in VIP. The only important pid missing is KR.
 Old 06-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #27

Not Ranked  0 score     

I cant find it in VIP. I was going to compare it to the PIDs I have. As for the commanded AFR, did you need the PID info to get that to work or is it built into the app? Commanded AFR is another mazda specific PID so I just wonder what PID is being used.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

I cant find it in VIP. I was going to compare it to the PIDs I have. As for the commanded AFR, did you need the PID info to get that to work or is it built into the app? Commanded AFR is another mazda specific PID so I just wonder what PID is being used.
It was built in. I got the app friday and used it all weekend and got a dash in the afr display. Yesterday on a whim was looking in the android market and noticed there was an update for torque and that was it.
 Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 AM   #29
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,007 Times in 3,139 Posts
Groans: 434
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any of this work for iphone? Anyone confirm or get it to work yet?
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2011, 06:01 AM   #30
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Wideband AFR is a generic PID, not a Mazda one. Wideband and commanded are there.
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...id-list-71429/

Some features break when the developer sends out one of his weekly updates. Entering the PIDs manually ensures they work and are accurate.

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
Any of this work for iphone? Anyone confirm or get it to work yet?
Apple doesn't allow bluetooth to operate the same way as Android. Maybe iOS 5 changes this but as of now the only option iPhone users have is a wifi solution which is ~$150 so it's not really worth it.
 Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #31
Will fuck up ur day

Chimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the worldChimmike is the leader of the world
Thanked 8,007 Times in 3,139 Posts
Groans: 434
Groaned at 224 Times in 138 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Good thing I have AP then.
Turismo Vids - Store your car vids and pics here! Blog your builds too!
Click here for great deals at The RPM Store! PM me for pricing!
I hear that honkey at Protégé Garage is pretty decent too.
Chimmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #32

FUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the worldFUB4R3D is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just my $0.02 on Torque: I've been using it for a couple of months now with no problems (other than HUGE log files) on my Desire and - recently - on my Transformer.

My only wishes would be KR and a windshield/dash mount for my Transformer that isn't crap. 10" of real estate for graphs/gauges is pretty sweet.
FUB4R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Wideband AFR is a generic PID, not a Mazda one.
Interesting. Just FYI, Mazda does have its own specific PIDs for wideband and commanded too, but if the generic ones work then thats great.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #34

Not Ranked  0 score     

I was able to add the WAFR PID from the VIP section looks good. I posted a log in my troubleshooting thread for those interested in what the app can log right now. There are a few more things it can log but this is what I have set up right now:
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx CPSwapped Merge2.xlsx (38.7 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by Nosaj; 06-14-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: attachment fail
 Old 07-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #35

rx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

just bought both the obd-ii and android app torque and works great with the ms3! did a test run and made 262hp which is pretty darn accurate; love the fact you can run bluetooth obd2 and bluetooth audio at the same time!!

· 2010 Mazdaspeed3
· 1988 RX-7
· 2003.5 Protege5 - Sold!
rx7mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #36

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah it's win! I get too much wheelspin for the 0-60 to work correctly, but I haven't tried it in the recent version. The developer updates this app weekly it seems, adding new features and fixing problems.

he has a track feature that will embed all your performance data into the video, I've yet to try it but I want to soon!
 Old 07-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #37

rx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud ofrx7mazda has much to be proud of
Not Ranked  0 score     

does anyone have problems with it connecting? i'm thinking it's my phone (galaxy s 3g) but i'm not positive. sometimes it connects no problems and sometimes it takes forever and says adaptor not found

· 2010 Mazdaspeed3
· 1988 RX-7
· 2003.5 Protege5 - Sold!
rx7mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #38

Not Ranked  0 score     

it might be your phone, I have a thunderbolt and the plx kiwi bluetooth after I tried one of those cheapie elm327 adapters which was garbage. mine works all the time no problem. check the app's support forum.

also I'm working with Brad who develops the VirtualDyno app, he's going to adapt the app to accept the log files from torque. which will be awesome!