register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #1

6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 5
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Car is shaking violently above 55

This is what happened. I had to go into work on Sunday and it was -5 outside in Chicago. I started the car, let it warm up for a minute. I put it in gear and let the clutch out and it was like the parking brake was on. I lifted the parking brake and set it back down and tried to go again. It hesitated for a second like the brake was on and then there was a pop or a snap, but the car started moving. Everything was fine until I got on the highway and after 55, it starts shaking. 65 is nearly undrivable. I have an appointment with a local dealership, but I am curious if this has happened to anyone before. I don't trust any dealerships and I'm afraid they will come back and says its something I did and it's not covered under warranty.
 Old 12-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #2

fbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 20
Groaned at 47 Times in 40 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

any chance that you have ice build up on your driveshaft? ice in your wheels, threw your wheels weights? do you have your wheels balanced at regular intervals?
fbpem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2008, 07:25 AM   #3
LBV

LBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond reputeLBV has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^ He's onto something with the ice build-up (although in your case maybe not). Slush will build-up in the wheel well and then freeze in there and cause vibration when your speeds get up ... I've seen it lots of times and even had it happen to me on Sat night.

It get's behind the plastic liner somehow too and I've got a nice bulge intruding into the wheel well area.
 Old 12-22-2008, 08:07 AM   #4
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,011 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

+1 on the ice in wheels
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #5

jhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the worldjhershorin is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,666 Times in 611 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 86 Times in 65 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you guys shitting me? I live in Miami and always have. I am moving up north in about a year. This is the shit I am going to have to deal with?!
 Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #6

6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute6-Speed-6 has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am going to pull it into the shop and see if I can defrost it a little. I will let you guys know what happens. Thanks for the ideas!
 Old 12-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #7

kingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the worldkingpin748 is the leader of the world
Thanked 15,318 Times in 601 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 48 Times in 31 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by jhershorin View Post
Are you guys shitting me? I live in Miami and always have. I am moving up north in about a year. This is the shit I am going to have to deal with?!
With the right weather you can get ice build up. Warmer temps during the day cause the slush which freeze solid a night. I pound of ice on one side of the wheel tends to through off the balance.

It's not a big deal, just run it though a car wash or park it inside at a mall while you do some shopping.
 Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's in our dock and I turned up the heat. I will drive it home tonight and let everyone know if this was it. There is definately hard solid ice packed inside the wheels.
 Old 12-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #9

fbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the worldfbpem1 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

=D

i see this whenever it snows
 Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I actually got stuck in the snow the other day and was spinning the tires trying to get out. I had way more ice in the wheels than I thought. After I let it defrost about 2 hours, I was punching ice out between the wheel spokes that were 3 to 4 inches thick. I drove it home and everything was good. Thanks for everyone's input.
 Old 12-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,011 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yay!!! all better
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #12

buttons is a splendid one to beholdbuttons is a splendid one to beholdbuttons is a splendid one to beholdbuttons is a splendid one to beholdbuttons is a splendid one to beholdbuttons is a splendid one to beholdbuttons is a splendid one to behold
Groans: 0
Groaned at 20 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, very common problem. Thats the only nice thing about having hubcaps instead of wheels. Hubcaps keep ice from building up on the wheels and throwing your balance off.
buttons is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
Banned

phailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the worldphailerider is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,323 Times in 966 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 179 Times in 125 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

better ice than, decaying vermin. glad it all worked out.
phailerider is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by buttons View Post
Yeah, very common problem. Thats the only nice thing about having hubcaps instead of wheels. Hubcaps keep ice from building up on the wheels and throwing your balance off.
yeah not really, dosn't matter what it is it can happen and i have seen it happen, ice or mud dosn't matter.
 Old 12-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #15
aspiring turbo guru

08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world08_ms3_gt is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

ice/snow in the wheel wells is common for me in the winter time.

it is possible to drive with the shaking/imbalance, but i do worry that it can damage moving parts.
08_ms3_gt is offline   Reply With Quote