register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #1

shawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 22 Times in 16 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default fuel leak

so last night i was racing some kid in an SI (lol maybe i'll upload the video later FYHN) and after 4 or so runs i noticed i got some kind of cut abruptly. drove home and stopped somewhere and the car was smelling like gas and wasn't wanting to hold a steady AFR while cruising (kept richening up) so i drove home and parked for the night since it was late and i didn't wanna fuck with it then.

woke up this morning and tried to start it, barely started up took a good 5-7 seconds of cranking it. looked under noticed it was leaking a decent amount of fuel. gonna start to tear it apart and see if i can find where it's coming from.

anyone have any ideas that might save me some time?
ATP GTX3071r// Cobb 3 Port EBCS // 3 Bar MAP // Cobb Accessport Freek Tuned // E85 Mix // JBR 3.5" Intake/TIP // Treadstone TR8C FMIC // Autotech HPFP Internals // Ported IM //C-pe Catted Downpipe // TRZ RMM // Corksport CBE // ISC Coilovers // EBC Slotted Rotors--Redstuff Pads // TWM shifter bushings // Dashhawk v2 // 6000k HIDs
Built engine--Manley H Beam Rods--Wiseco Pistons
shawn. is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #2

jack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the worldjack_hammer is the leader of the world
Thanked 17,259 Times in 3,186 Posts
Groans: 549
Groaned at 130 Times in 85 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

based on the information you provided, i'd say it's probably coming from a hole of some sort. maybe at a connection, or possibly not. definitely start with the parts through which the gas flows.
Roddiy (07-21-2012), shawn. (07-03-2012)
 Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Approved MSF Vendor

EdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the worldEdgeAutosport.com is the leader of the world
Thanked 11,229 Times in 3,263 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Check the relief valve or the hardline that feeds the pump both of those have come loose on me.

To find out where the leak is let the car idle and you should be able to see where it is leaking from
EdgeAutosport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EdgeAutosport.com For This Useful Post:
helmetface (07-03-2012), shawn. (07-03-2012)
 Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #4

shawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

haven't had a chance to jack the car up but i've got a general idea where the leak is coming from. hopefully i'll be able to get things squared away after work tonight! the feed line seems to be tight...looks like the leak is coming from down below further, closer to the undertray.

i mean i am running 50/50 e85 but i highly doubt a hole would form from corrosion due to the ethanol. only been running it 10k miles if that. i know many people have run higher concentrations for longer but it is something that came to mind...

my guess is a fuel line that's been rubbing on something or moved too close to something that's too hot haha

need to get underneath tonight it's just too fucking humid today lol
ATP GTX3071r// Cobb 3 Port EBCS // 3 Bar MAP // Cobb Accessport Freek Tuned // E85 Mix // JBR 3.5" Intake/TIP // Treadstone TR8C FMIC // Autotech HPFP Internals // Ported IM //C-pe Catted Downpipe // TRZ RMM // Corksport CBE // ISC Coilovers // EBC Slotted Rotors--Redstuff Pads // TWM shifter bushings // Dashhawk v2 // 6000k HIDs
 Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #5

massiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond reputemassiespeed3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you ever figure anything out?

I've had several issues with my fuel return line, replaced it four times and am giving my car to Mazda this week because it has broke again. I have kmd internals and am starting to wonder if that's part of the problem. No one else seems to be having this problem.
massiespeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
I fart in my sleep

Rkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the worldRkrise216 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

the external fuel pump has a bolt underneath mine just came loose three days ago and was leaking fuel that could be it.
Rkrise216 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #7

Roddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the worldRoddiy is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,439 Times in 2,861 Posts
Groans: 279
Groaned at 58 Times in 47 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shawn. View Post
so last night i was racing some kid in an SI (lol maybe i'll upload the video later FYHN) and after 4 or so runs i noticed i got some kind of cut abruptly. drove home and stopped somewhere and the car was smelling like gas and wasn't wanting to hold a steady AFR while cruising (kept richening up) so i drove home and parked for the night since it was late and i didn't wanna fuck with it then.

woke up this morning and tried to start it, barely started up took a good 5-7 seconds of cranking it. looked under noticed it was leaking a decent amount of fuel. gonna start to tear it apart and see if i can find where it's coming from.

anyone have any ideas that might save me some time?
Just take a lighter to the fuel pool, it will take you straight to the leak.

Bolted + Corn + Meth + ACT 6-Puck

#BakeryTuned
Roddiy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roddiy For This Useful Post:
PapaBruno (12-19-2016), Swinger13 (10-21-2012)
 Old 07-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #8

Caldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond reputeCaldazar has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

use your nose and eyes.

Fuel leaks are fairly obvious.

if the engine, or the area around the leak is clean and dry you can't miss it

91 Talon TSi, 5spd AWD, GT3076R, fmic, 3" exhaust, Jackal EMS, methanol injection, JIC C/O and more. Looking at 10's
Caldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

it was the stainless steel line under the pump...had a hole somehow. replaced the line and all is well so far.
 Old 10-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #10

Mclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the worldMclovin80 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by shawn. View Post
it was the stainless steel line under the pump...had a hole somehow. replaced the line and all is well so far.
What was the part number of the stainless steel line under the pump; did it come with the nut that threads onto the fuel pump, and was it an easy install?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think I am going to have to do this on my car.
Mclovin80 is offline   Reply With Quote