register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 02-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #1

dpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,794 Times in 758 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 41 Times in 16 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fuel Pressure Drop after load of 2

My fuel pressure is falling out of the sky once a load of 2 is reached. I had KMD internals that were doing the same thing. I cleaned them, reinstalled, no luck. I've gone back to stock internals and overall my pressure numbers are better but pressure is still shitting the bed. Everything looks good in terms of hoses. Perhaps it's the relief valve? Which I can't afford to be bad right now. Outside temperature? I read somewhere it could be related to that. At idle pressure usually hovers around 400psi.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog3.csv (13.0 KB, 11 views)
dpolseno41 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,494 Times in 1,632 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 16 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If your holding pressure until you hit higher loads, I would think it more likely that the in-tank pump is the problem, not the RV..

Is that log with the OEM internals or the aftermarket? It just looks like bad internals to me..
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks
SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #3

dpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the worlddpolseno41 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,794 Times in 758 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 41 Times in 16 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's a log with stock internals, KMD internals were even worse. I could of sworn my numbers were fine before I went catless too. I have no clue what's going on.
dpolseno41 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 02-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #4

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,494 Times in 1,632 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 16 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Most likely the KMD's are gone, and your OEM internals aren't up to the task..
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks
SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote