Mazdaspeed Forums

Mazdaspeed Forums (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/)
-   MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f293/)
-   -   Getting a p2237 code on my 2010, lost at this point (http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f293/getting-p2237-code-my-2010-lost-point-218779/)

Airbrush1 07-12-2018 07:02 PM

Getting a p2237 code on my 2010, lost at this point

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of troubleshooting help with p2237 code on my 2010.

About a week ago, on my way home from work, the car threw a code and my a/f reading stuck at 14.85 on the accessport. I cleared it, sensor began reading again for a mile or so, then it threw the code again and it stopped reading the primary O2 again as well. Problem was intermittent for the rest of the day but finally became a full on issue. Car runs fine, no difference in behavior at all.

Today I replaced the sensor with a new NTK unit, checked all the fuses with a tester, etc... issue is still present, 2237 code won’t go away, and the afr is still defaulted to 14.85

I guess the next step is to find the wiring diagram and start testing things for continuity, but before I start doing that on my back in the driveway in July, I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue that they’ve resolved so that I can have some general direction as I begin digging deeper.

Thanks much!
Ken

Also, for some background, the car is basically stock. Has the AP, a Cobb intake, and hpfp. No work had been done recently, no evidence of rodent damage, and only has 35k miles. When the previous owner installed the intake, one of the clamps was oriented in such a way that it rubbed away the protective tape/casing from the bundle of wires headed into the pcm. I rotated the clamp, checked the wires for damage at that time, and found no damage to the actual harness.

Today, I brought the AP outside of the car and massaged the harness in the area of the damaged casing to see if the AP would register a change in AFR, but got no results. I don’t THINK that my issue is in that area.

Also, I apologize that my first post is asking for help, I’ve done a bunch of reading, and I haven’t felt a need to post here before unfortunately. I spend most of my time on the Miata forums (I have a mazdaspeed Miata as well, and have been active on those boards for the better part of 13 years)

Solarsurge 07-12-2018 08:48 PM

Post data log

mituc 07-13-2018 01:20 AM

AFRs stuck at 14.85 indicate a problem with the O2 sensor or with the wiring. If the problem is with the sensor then you should get both 14.85 and 29.something.
What part# is the NTK one? Not any sensor will work, however with an improper one you should get erratic readings rather than basically nothing.

So you should inspect that wire for the primary O2 and track it down to the ECU and see where it's pinched.

Airbrush1 07-18-2018 09:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! Sorry I didn’t respond, for some reason the notifications on t this thread got sent to my spam folder...

I got it figured out, something chewed a wire near the plugs for the harness ! It was easy to access once I tore the battery and intake out to inspect everything!