register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 AM   #1

sean00 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Issue with 09 ms3 - lots of smoke, barely revs

Hello fellas and ladies

so long story short, someone drove in front of me and I hit them. hood came off, front end smashed a bit..basically bumper was cracked but still on. I had to have a friend help tie and bolt my hood down because..well long story..anyways
the plastic underneath the ms3 especially protecting my Injen CAI that sits right behind the front bumper like 5 inches off the ground, is no longer there. It had to be removed and some got ripped of.

Yesterday, heavy rains. I was driving home and noticed some sputtering. I have seen this before when I ran into like a flooded road. The engine cut off to protect itself. Anyways, I think I got water up in the intake or maybe something else is wrong(from the crash). It has been 3 weeks since the crash and this is my first real problem. I woke up this morning and the car would start but if I let go of clutch it cut off. so, I just kept it revved up 2.5k rpms for a minute and not its idling but
TONS OF WHITE SMOKE will come out exhaust. Also, it doesn't want to go over 3k rpms. when I try it will like shudder you know what I mean? Like the RPMS drops, then try to pick back up and drop again.

WTF is going on? And, I have no warranty. 78k miles, 09 ms3. StreetUnit sticker on it LOL ..that gives it like 100 extra hp alone.
sean00 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2014, 03:31 AM   #2

tastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the worldtastysi2004 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

first remove that SU sticker and things might workout for you in the long run.
second, donate to the site.
third, its probably your maf sensor that got wet and your system is on a limp mode.
what are your modifications?
and you will probably be safer removing that cai and putting on a sri
Purple drank in my tank.
build block, pnp everything, tr825 core, meth and lots of it.
554whp/546wtq @ 30psi.
another build? maybe soon..
b/c race cars need more attention than women.

adlpb: ~Fast cars are for straight lines. Corners are for fast drivers.~

#CATBACKEXHAUST
tastysi2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2014, 03:35 AM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 1

So, the sensor that goes into that CAI I should what..remove it and dry it out/clean it? Best method for doing this?

I am about to get rid of the car soon. The bank wants it back and I am not paying them because I had to spend all my money on my grandfather and brothers funeral. He died on Dec 22nd and my grandfather the month before. So, I told that bitch to "COME GET IT" if they can find it har har har
 Old 03-18-2014, 04:08 AM   #4

djern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the worlddjern is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,017 Times in 457 Posts
Groans: 26
Not Ranked  0 score     

so why are you worried about it?

06 VRM Speed 6 W/Navi
05 Mazda Family Truckster
FREEKTUNED\\Cobb AP\\Autotech Internals\\Eibach Pro Springs\\Sure SRI+TIP\\Street Unit TP\\CPE RMM\AWR 88 Duro TMM\\Forge V1\\JBR Shortcut\\JBR SSB\\CPE & Sure Rear Diff Mounts\\Unicorn Blood (Rotella T6)

twitter.com/djern
instagram.com/djern
facebook.com/djern
djern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djern For This Useful Post:
almcbs (03-18-2014)
 Old 03-18-2014, 04:11 AM   #5

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,457 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by djern View Post
so why are you worried about it?
because troll

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anavrinIV For This Useful Post:
djern (03-18-2014)
 Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 AM   #6

6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world6Y MAZDA is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,599 Times in 984 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

aids

SOLD 2006 Black Cherry Mica MS6 Grand Touring #00584
CP-E 3" Straight Pipe Exhaust. CP-E TMIC. StreetUnit TP. Street Unit RMM. HTP 3" TIP. Custom 3.5" MAF SRI. PTP HPFP Internals. Cobb AP. RichTuned. Denso ITV22. Forge V1 BPV. Blox Shift Knob. VEI Boost Gauge. 18x8.75 +33 XXR 530. Nitto Motivo 225/40/18. Megan Racing Springs.

SOLD: 2009 Mazda 6i GT. 6-Speed MT.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6Y MAZDA is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default nothing else to do?

Any other advice? Again, I don't think its any water in the engine or what not. When I try to accelerate the car will do this like bucking, RPMS drop drastically. Kind of like being in 4th gear at 3.5k rpms and then downshifting directly to 2nd etc. The turbo no longer seems to be working either. It stopped. The bypass valve, after I got my injen CAI, made a more aggressive and loud PSHHH PHSSSH noise when releasing air. It makes no such sound anymore. Again, I can't accelerate fast and I can't really go over 60-70 or else it starts to drop rpms. This is outside the hood and bumper damage. The hood flew off afer I got hit and my front bumper is all busted up. Its still on but that's because of duct tape and extra screws.

You think insurance will total it?
 Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 PM   #8

jm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm finna total your face.
Cobb AP | Stratified Tune Stage 1 OTS | JBR Stage II Intake | cp-e 3'' Straight Exhaust | JBR RMM | SURE AGS 600 Gram Shift Knob | SURE Anchors | SURE Return | SURE SSP/Weight | All Redline Fluids | Shell T6 | Forge V1

ms6db.com I'm Registered. Are You?
jm211 is offline   Reply With Quote