register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #1

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,704 Times in 3,819 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Knock retard

Today I almost shat my pants when I saw my KR hit 5.95 but then I was reading this thread and it looks like it just happens at part throttle. Still, could somebody knowledgeable please have a look at the attached log and see whether there is anything abnormal? The log was started as I pulled out of a gas station, hit the highway, then got off and did some driving around town. My Speed6 is completely stock except I flashed the Stage1 93 map. Any help appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog8.csv (429.9 KB, 264 views)

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ

2017 Subaru BRZ
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #2

SWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the worldSWAY is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,891 Times in 1,066 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 60 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

false knock maybe

TEAM LBN BEERS -- FYCN
TEAM MUMFORD -- FYCN
SWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
COOL STORY BRO

Hamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the worldHamilton69 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,207 Times in 1,171 Posts
Groans: 179
Groaned at 179 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Don't call me a retard

JBR 3.5" WHALE PENIS-su tmic- sure track urethane rmm- corksport catless 3" downpipe- ultimate racing tp-OBX 3" cat back -rally armor urethane flaps-Cobb Accessport FINKLE TUNED-sure shift anchors-autotech hpfp internals-HKS BOV VTA -jbr heavy shift knob- 245-40-r18 Falken 329's-paint matched uber smiley
ZOOM ZOOM BOOM
Hamilton69 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hamilton69 For This Useful Post:
kgb (03-13-2013), Magic Mirrer (05-15-2013), silvapain (12-04-2012)
 Old 03-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #4

BobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the worldBobbleHead is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,103 Times in 898 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 33 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Hamilton69 View Post
Don't call me a retard
you retard he's talking about KR

lol i keed

BobbleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #5

supertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Today I almost shat my pants when I saw my KR hit 5.95 but then I was reading this thread and it looks like it just happens at part throttle. Still, could somebody knowledgeable please have a look at the attached log and see whether there is anything abnormal? The log was started as I pulled out of a gas station, hit the highway, then got off and did some driving around town. My Speed6 is completely stock except I flashed the Stage1 93 map. Any help appreciated.
Stage one on stock ms6?
supertubesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #6

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by supertubesocks View Post
Stage one on stock ms6?
According to this page, the Stage1 93 map is for a completely stock car.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ

2017 Subaru BRZ
 Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #7

supertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the worldsupertubesocks is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

According to this page, the Stage1 93 map is for a completely stock car.
My apologies the ms3 maps have a stage 0 for stock cars
supertubesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to supertubesocks For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-31-2012)
 Old 03-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #8

MSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the worldMSFer87 is the leader of the world
Groans: 83
Groaned at 55 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah this is something that has been discussed before and is actually quite common when cruising around 80. The explanation they gave was that the car "switches maps", and causes the high spike in KR. I'm not buying that, but I guess people have even monitored this on a completey stock car, and noticed the 5.9 spike in KR cruising at those speeds........I also shit my pants when I seen this.
-#1 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 GT Black Mica - BBS RX in Dark Gray, KW V2s, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb AccessPORT w/ JBR mount, Full-Race Prostock Mani, TurboXS FMIC, Grimmspeed EBC, ACT 6 puck & flywheel, TWM STS, PTP Internals, Cobb SRI w/ TIP, Cobb Shift Weight, TurboXS BPV, TurboXS Full TBE, JBR Trilogy, JBR RSB, Cobb FSB...........needs bigger turbo

-1970 Chevelle - Needs full resto
MSFer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSFer87 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-31-2012), Magic Mirrer (05-15-2013)
 Old 04-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #9

skiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the worldskiptowncat is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,693 Times in 714 Posts
Groans: 49
Groaned at 34 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would love to know why it does this, I have logged it before and the timing is advancing even though it's registering KR. I only look at knock during wot pulls now.

K1 Rods//Wiseco Pistons//CX Racing FMIC//JBR Widepath Intake//Custom 3" TBE//Grimmspeed EBCS//Forge BPV//JBR SSP//JBR RSB//JBR Side Mounts//ISC-N! coilovers//JBR BSD and Baffle//Sure TIG Set//Sure R3 RMM//KMD Internals//XS Power Exhaust Manifold//P&P Intake Manifold//Fidanza Flywheel//EM Organic Compound Clutch//GTX3071//DVC30 Meth Kit//3 Gauge Pod.....415WHP....so far!!
skiptowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #10

apawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I hit 14.3KR at 120 right when i let off the throttle after messing around with my buddy and his Evo X. Scared the shit outta me ... Was my first time running E85 and my E map that DJ made me. Not sure it legit or not ... Im going to log some tomorrow and see if i get any reads on KR while just driving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 Sunlight Silver MS3 GT // Because racecar SOLD
Cobb AP || Autotech Internals || CP-e Safe Seals || Bosch 3Bar|| Godspeed FMIC with Godspeed piping || ATP catless downpipe || GT3076R || 3" HTP Intake/Inlet || Turbo Smart Dual Port running in 50/50 || SI Boost Tubes || JBR RMM 80a || JBR SSP || JBR Shifter Bushings || EGR Delete || Corksport LED Lighting || Apexi auto timer || Eibach PK || 18x8 Motegi SP10s || 225/40/18 Nitto NT555 || NGK 1 Step Colder plugs

Dynojet 7/6/2013 349.71whp 333lb tq

Dynojet 8/2/2013 378.26whp 384lb tq

Dynojet 8/31/2013 392.14whp 397lb tq

PERM Tuned by Alan and DJ
apawk is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old thread is old. Never seen KR that high.

I usually get some KR when I rev over 6500 but it is just noise at that point.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ

2017 Subaru BRZ
 Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #12

apawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the worldapawk is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Old thread is old. Never seen KR that high.

I usually get some KR when I rev over 6500 but it is just noise at that point.
Yeah .. I saw the date on it .. figured id chime in to see if anyone else had seen KR like that. While in WOT its not getting above 1.5 on the E85 map. It was when i let off the WOT, thats when i saw it hit 14.3. Im guessing it could have been something else?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008 Sunlight Silver MS3 GT // Because racecar SOLD
Cobb AP || Autotech Internals || CP-e Safe Seals || Bosch 3Bar|| Godspeed FMIC with Godspeed piping || ATP catless downpipe || GT3076R || 3" HTP Intake/Inlet || Turbo Smart Dual Port running in 50/50 || SI Boost Tubes || JBR RMM 80a || JBR SSP || JBR Shifter Bushings || EGR Delete || Corksport LED Lighting || Apexi auto timer || Eibach PK || 18x8 Motegi SP10s || 225/40/18 Nitto NT555 || NGK 1 Step Colder plugs

Dynojet 7/6/2013 349.71whp 333lb tq

Dynojet 8/2/2013 378.26whp 384lb tq

Dynojet 8/31/2013 392.14whp 397lb tq

PERM Tuned by Alan and DJ
apawk is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #13

SickNasty6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im knew to the forum and haven't gotten to familiar with everything yet so bash me if you want but i just replaced the timing chain the other day and now during normal driving the KR is at 0 on the AP where it should be but once the turbo starts to spool you can hear knock and the KR spikes at 5.9*. any idea what could be the problem? I replaced the spark plugs and was told they need to be gapped at .05 so i did and now am learning that they should be around .027-.030. could that be the problem or could it be that and more?!
SickNasty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #14

GODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,010 Times in 1,973 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SickNasty6 View Post
Im knew to the forum and haven't gotten to familiar with everything yet so bash me if you want but i just replaced the timing chain the other day and now during normal driving the KR is at 0 on the AP where it should be but once the turbo starts to spool you can hear knock and the KR spikes at 5.9*. any idea what could be the problem? I replaced the spark plugs and was told they need to be gapped at .05 so i did and now am learning that they should be around .027-.030. could that be the problem or could it be that and more?!
You think???
HYPNOTIC TUNED, FREEK TUNED, HTP full 3" intake/TIP, HKS SSQV 4 full VTA, Corksport catless downpipe, Corksport catless Racepipe, Cobb AP V3, Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR 88duro RMM, JBR 88duro TMM, JBR 80duro PMM, JBR cylindrical shift knob, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, EBC green brake pads, Centric high carbon rotors, Nitto NT555 tires, Gorilla spline lug nuts, DDM tuning HID's lows, Resonator Delete.
GODspeed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GODspeed7 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-11-2013), kgb (03-13-2013)
 Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #15

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,127 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 28 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by GODspeed7 View Post
You think???
BWAHAHAHA Brownie.
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

To be installed: SS Brake Lines.
theurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

rherold9 likes this.

2000 E39 M5

2001 MR2 2ZZ

2017 Subaru BRZ
 Old 03-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #17

PPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the worldPPD369Speed3 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 97 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

1. What spark plugs did you buy? I know densos come pre gapped to .28 I believe.

2. Get those bitches to .28 or you will keep experiencing this.

3. Read the owners manual.
themdamnstingrays likes this.

BNR S3 / HTP 3" Intake / Grimspeed EBCS / AT Internals / Cobb AP / UR Catless TBE / ETS TMIC / Forge V1 BPV / JBR 88 Duro RMM / Eibach Pro kit / SPC Camber Arms

Freektune in progress
PPD369Speed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PPD369Speed3 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-11-2013), SickNasty6 (03-11-2013)
 Old 03-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #18

Not Ranked  0 score     

I got the Motorcraft SP478 double platinum which where pre gapped to .051

and ill have to take a look at the owners manual or find one anyways never got one when i bought the car used a few years ago!
 Old 03-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #19

theurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the worldtheurgy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

You really should be running iridium plugs, not platinum.
Gary Winn likes this.
BNR s3, CoolingMist CMGS Meth, Damond TB Plate, JBR FMIC Undermount w/ TR8, JBR 3" Fullpath, Steedspeed EM, Cobb AP v3, Stratified Tuned, Autotech HPFP Internals, CP-e Catted Downpipe, Port and Polished IM with VTCS & Full EGR Delete, Grimmspeed EBCS, 3 BAR MAP Sensor, Turbosmart Dual-port BPV, Koni Sport Yellows, Eibach Prokits, SPC Camber Arms, Cobb FSB and RSB, AWR Front Endlinks, JBR Trilogy Mounts 70a Duro, KX-F3 Full Chassis Braces, Denso Iridium ITV-22, CP-e Safe Seals, SURE TIG IM and TB, Cobb Shift Weight, TWM SS w/Bushings and Specter Hybrid knob.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah i finally got some time to read though alot of stuff on here and found alot of answers to the questions iv had in the past! Ima order some ITV22
 Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

Well are you running any mods or tuning? If not then stick to stock temperatures.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just Sure Aeros Intake, Cobb AP with ots 91 stage 1, but plan on getting cp-e or auto tech HPFP soon an DP
 Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #23

breakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the worldbreakfstincluded is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,246 Times in 1,481 Posts
Groans: 261
Groaned at 20 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have logs of the 80mph constant knock thing... goes on as I approach 80, stops when I go to a slower speed, pretty consistent.

Except I've never noticed it until I installed sure halos (this was before the sure shit storm)

breakfstincluded is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

I have zero knock now that I've gotten rid of the halos.

The Following User Says Thank You to theurgy For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (03-12-2013)
 Old 03-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #25

ms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the worldms6forthewin is the leader of the world
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This issue has been addressed a million times? pt knock is the ecu adjusting timing, if you want you can change your knock sensor setting with your atr.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...-tweak-105807/

-2007 MAZDASPEED 6 (SOLD)
BNR S3// ALL-SUPPORTING MODS
ms6forthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #26

GODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the worldGODspeed7 is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,010 Times in 1,973 Posts
Groaned at 58 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms6forthewin View Post
This issue has been addressed a million times? pt knock is the ecu adjusting timing, if you want you can change your knock sensor setting with your atr.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...-tweak-105807/
You just quoted something that is a year old...
HYPNOTIC TUNED, FREEK TUNED, HTP full 3" intake/TIP, HKS SSQV 4 full VTA, Corksport catless downpipe, Corksport catless Racepipe, Cobb AP V3, Autotech Fuel Pump Internals, JBR 88duro RMM, JBR 88duro TMM, JBR 80duro PMM, JBR cylindrical shift knob, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, EBC green brake pads, Centric high carbon rotors, Nitto NT555 tires, Gorilla spline lug nuts, DDM tuning HID's lows, Resonator Delete.
GODspeed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GODspeed7 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (03-12-2013)
 Old 03-12-2013, 03:01 AM   #27

Vegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond reputeVegasspeeed has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm in the process of getting tuned and doing logs last night I saw the same exact number. I can't see the log cuz I'm on my phone but mine happened right around 5,800 RPMs at like 60% throttle...my tuner said its happened to someone else before and to just make sure to floor it when doing WOT logs (I was being cautious haha) but I tried again tonight making sure not to be a bitch with the pedal and the highest it got was like 1.75
 Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #28
Nishan

ms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the worldms3blackmica is the leader of the world
Thanked 19,300 Times in 4,386 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 20 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just a FYI,

These cars are extremely sensitive to KR. While I do believe our knock sensor does a good job at picking up engine knock, it is also just as good as picking up bumps and grooves in the road when logging.

It really is important to find the smoothest stretch of road when street tuning with your etuner to eliminate the cause. It is also just as important to make sure everything in the engine bay is tight, secure and not rattling around.
ms3blackmica is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #29

Stealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the worldStealth01 is the leader of the world
Thanked 10,066 Times in 3,206 Posts
Groans: 201
Groaned at 164 Times in 103 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

This might be helpful:

Blog : Knock Retard (KR) Explained : Stratified Automotive Controls
Spoodler likes this.

SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | SURE AGS Atom Shift Knob | SURE Torque R6 RMM | SURE Ventus in Hybrid Mode | SURE Dreadnaught | SURE Juggernaught | SURE Flow M6 TP | SURE Charge Tubes | SURE Return | SURE S6 Side Motor Mounts | SURE Breather Line | Hawk HPS F/R Brake Pads | StopTech F/R Rotors | Technafit SS BL | Technafit SS Clutch Line | Primewell PZ900 Tires (blech) | Red LED Dome & Door Lights | O-series Stubby Antenna | Cobb AP | ACT 6 Puck Clutch w/Prolite FW | Autolite XP Plugs (One Step Colder) | Whistler Pro-78SE Hard-wired | STRATIFIED Tuned by Lex | COMING SOON: Autotechs | SURE TIG

Read my stories: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/55318
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

So I gapped my spark plugs to .028 but I can still hear the knock and it peaks at 5.9 at Wot. You car start to hear the knock at about 5lbs of boost but if I stay off of boost their isn't any knock that you car hear of on my ap! Any ideas what I should check next?
 Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #31
Lex
Engineered Tuning

Lex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the worldLex is the leader of the world
Thanked 23,341 Times in 6,955 Posts
Groans: 13
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I gapped my spark plugs to .028 but I can still hear the knock and it peaks at 5.9 at Wot. You car start to hear the knock at about 5lbs of boost but if I stay off of boost their isn't any knock that you car hear of on my ap! Any ideas what I should check next?
Sounds like injector seals or a mechanical issue if you get that much kr at 5psi.

We Engineer, and that's better than just tuning!

www.stratifiedauto.com
COBB AP and VersaTuner Custom Tuning. Guardian Angel Protection and Boost Control.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #32

sidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the worldsidekick is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,356 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 72 Times in 45 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You just did your timing chain and now you're experiencing a ton of knock? Sounds like you fucked up the timing. Possibly so badly that the valves are tapping the pistons...

FreekTune | 91 | JBR 3", PMM & RMM | CS Racepipe, TMIC & TMM Inserts | Autotechs

sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #33

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sidekick View Post
You just did your timing chain and now you're experiencing a ton of knock? Sounds like you fucked up the timing. Possibly so badly that the valves are tapping the pistons...
That's what I figured I just wanted to ask before I start takin everything apart again!
 Old 06-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #34

shmallz92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

im getting a 3.5 at around 5k rpm. never seen this before i hit 600miles after new clutch and the fidanza flywheel installed. it read 0.00 before all this. i really hope its false knock. i have other electrical problems with my car anyway like intermittent starting with no probable cause. my MPG gauge goes from 15.9mpg down to 11.9 while idling then back up to 19.9 while driving but AFR is A okay.
shmallz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #35

keanespeed3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Im getting varying knock values at random intervals and some when the car is under load. The KR values vary at WOT, which is what is confusing me. I read the stratified auto link and am suspecting a mechanical problem due to the patterns of the KR , but before I go into the shop and spend $$$ to fix it I want to see what you guys think.

Here are the AP logs with all KR events in red. I am running a Stage 1 + Turbo Inlet + Injen intake. The OTS maps are designed for this set up. I do have an Autotech HPFP.
keanespeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-11-2015, 09:37 AM   #36

keanespeed3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

Forgot to attach logs!
Attached Files
File Type: xls datalog8.xls (681.0 KB, 52 views)
keanespeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2017, 12:38 PM   #37

mazdaspeed_stinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Super High KR Help please

Hey everyone, I’m new to this site but i’m having a huge problem with my fully bolted speed 3 and it’s in the middle of a tune by freektune right now! Anytime I go WOT I’ll get KR all the way up to 5.75 and 6.55 but if i cruise and only cruise I’ll usually get 0 KR or .35 KR.
Some I’m thinking it’s my engine that’s causing the KR when I WOT, What would it be??
I’m pushing 18 PSI
3C4F0370-5705-48FE-80F1-7374B5AF6F4E.png
mazdaspeed_stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2017, 01:04 PM   #38

speed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the worldspeed23 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You are getting that high knock on an e85 blend? how much E85 to 91 ratio and how much timing are you running? Logs?

Freaktune will probably know if its real or not as he will have the answers to the questions I asked.
speed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #39

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mazdaspeed_stinger View Post
Some Iím thinking itís my engine thatís causing the KR when I WOT, What would it be??
Broken RMM or PMM. Inspect all motor mounts thoroughly then report back.
 Old 10-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #40

mazdaspeed_stinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Ranked  0 score     

All my motor mounts are strong and arenít broken, there good

And to answer you question speed23, iím still working on my 91 tune with freektune, Justin the main guy at freektune has been taking vacation so it hasnt been going fast but i should be done with the 91 tune in the next week or two
mazdaspeed_stinger is offline   Reply With Quote