register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree4Likes

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-12-2017, 01:04 AM   #41

Mazduhspeed6 is just really niceMazduhspeed6 is just really niceMazduhspeed6 is just really niceMazduhspeed6 is just really niceMazduhspeed6 is just really nice
Groans: 0
Groaned at 17 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know when I did my motor and started adding power and boost, I was getting high knock values and noise from needing to replace the fuel injector seals. I replaced those with corksport seals and all is well. Are you running all of that with no seals, it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw a set of aftermarket seals in, I prefer the corksport cause there's no other required shit with their seals. And I have pulled the injectors and reused their seals with no issues 2x. A lot of people use safe seals or whatever by cpe...whatever you do it would help to eliminate your stock seals as a possibilty.
ATP catted downpipe w/ second cat delete*
Corksport HPFP internals*
Corksport BeCuse injector seals*
Corksport Turbo*
Corksport 3.5 Bar MAP sensor*
Corksport EBCS*
Treadstone Tr8 w/ RPM CX racing piping kit*
Suspension: Corksport Lowering Springs
Brakes: Still stock
Driveline: Sure Motorsports R6*
Sure Motorsports Juggernaut*
Sure Motorsports Dreadnaught*
Sure Motorsports shifter bushings*
Corksport weighted Black shift knob
Electronics: Cobb Accessport V3 w/ tune by Will at PD tuning*Purple Drank Tuning*
Mazduhspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-12-2017, 04:35 AM   #42

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Man, I hate KR. I was fine for months, hardly any knock at all cruising around town. Then to my surprise, I see a 3.9 KR, then 5.6 the next day...now almost every single day I'm seeing KR up to 3.9! Thankfully this is not during WOT, as I haven't gone WOT in a few weeks. But, what gives?!

Maybe I'll swap my plugs out? I'm fully bolted with stock turbo and run 1 step colder NGK's. I've read conflicting views on opinions of plugs relating to KR, but it's worth a shot I guess. Probably worth it for me to check out injector seals as well.
alden is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-12-2017, 01:33 PM   #43

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by alden View Post
Man, I hate KR. I was fine for months, hardly any knock at all cruising around town. Then to my surprise, I see a 3.9 KR, then 5.6 the next day...now almost every single day I'm seeing KR up to 3.9! Thankfully this is not during WOT, as I haven't gone WOT in a few weeks. But, what gives?!

Maybe I'll swap my plugs out? I'm fully bolted with stock turbo and run 1 step colder NGK's. I've read conflicting views on opinions of plugs relating to KR, but it's worth a shot I guess. Probably worth it for me to check out injector seals as well.

Custom tune or OTS?

Sent while probably pooping
CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #44

alden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant futurealden has a brilliant future
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jonb82 View Post
Custom tune or OTS?

Sent while probably pooping
tuned by hypnotic tuning!
 Old 10-13-2017, 02:58 AM   #45

Mazduhspeed6 is just really niceMazduhspeed6 is just really niceMazduhspeed6 is just really niceMazduhspeed6 is just really niceMazduhspeed6 is just really nice
Not Ranked  0 score     

Pd tuning...something else I have been debating, while I've been thinking about doing another set of plugs because I'm still running the ones i tuned on, which i feel to those tend to be more abused from adjustment of afr and they were also in the motor under break in. But at around 10k on my motor, I started getting some knock on the highway at partial throttle at the same rpm everytime never anywhere else. Between 3k and 3.6k rpm cruising I'll get 3 to 5 degrees of knock, let off or gas it, it goes away.
So the fact it only happens at that one area of rpm, tells me it's prolly a vibration of some sort that's happening, I have never seen it under WOT. I have also theorized to myself if when you start to see that knock if that's a sign of the VVT phaser or solenoid whatever u wanna call it, going out. Because the day I started seeing it at those rpm ranges, I seemed to start hearing more of half second tick after long standing startups. Prolly just me correlating the two when there is no relation, just seemed coincidental.
Corksport Turbo*
Corksport EBCS*
Electronics: Cobb Accessport V3 w/ tune by Will at PD tuning*Purple Drank Tuning*
 Old 10-13-2017, 03:04 AM   #46

Not Ranked  0 score     

From personal experience tho, when I did my motor, my mech that I had my car at didn't know I was waiting for my CS injectors seals, he put everything together. We went out to test with new stock seals, blew them right out, and was getting crazy knock when it would start to see boost. My CS beryllium seals came and sealed that shit right up. Haven't had an issue there since. And I actually have had to pull them out and reuse them with out a single issue. They say they are one time use, and if I was pushing 5 or 600 id replace them. But I'm only pushing around 350 and the original Corksport seals keep working.
Corksport Turbo*
Corksport EBCS*
 Old 10-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #47

xfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,692 Times in 979 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Out of curiosity, did you happen to do an oil change before your KR started happening regularly?
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2017, 12:28 PM   #48

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Mazduhspeed6 View Post
From personal experience tho, when I did my motor, my mech that I had my car at didn't know I was waiting for my CS injectors seals, he put everything together. We went out to test with new stock seals, blew them right out, and was getting crazy knock when it would start to see boost. My CS beryllium seals came and sealed that shit right up. Haven't had an issue there since. And I actually have had to pull them out and reuse them with out a single issue. They say they are one time use, and if I was pushing 5 or 600 id replace them. But I'm only pushing around 350 and the original Corksport seals keep working.
hmm, maybe some seals are in order for me. Thankfully I too have not seen knock during WOT. I would just love to cruise from my house to work without seeing like 3.9 or 4.5 registered KR, even if this knock isn't something to worry about.

Originally Posted by xfeejayx View Post
Out of curiosity, did you happen to do an oil change before your KR started happening regularly?
Hmm, I actually did change my oil like 2-3 weeks ago, which would have been right around the time I started noticing the consistent KR. However, I can't say for sure I wasn't getting the knock before that. Why do you ask?

Last edited by alden; 10-13-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 10-16-2017, 05:50 AM   #49

xfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the worldxfeejayx is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,692 Times in 979 Posts
Groans: 78
Groaned at 33 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmm, I actually did change my oil like 2-3 weeks ago, which would have been right around the time I started noticing the consistent KR. However, I can't say for sure I wasn't getting the knock before that. Why do you ask?
I should have been more clear; did you change the type, brand, or viscosity of oil you use? It may be what's causing your part throttle knock. Read the linked article

Investigating Oil Composition, Direct Injection, & Low-Speed Knock
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xfeejayx For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (Yesterday), speed23 (10-16-2017)
 Old 10-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #50

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by xfeejayx View Post
I should have been more clear; did you change the type, brand, or viscosity of oil you use? It may be what's causing your part throttle knock. Read the linked article

Investigating Oil Composition, Direct Injection, & Low-Speed Knock
My apologies, I have not changed the type of oil. Routinely run Rotella T6 5w40.