register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Djohns

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #1

Snyderg999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Many Problems

Hello, i am new here and haven't ever posted but I also couldn't find a thread related to ALLL of the problems i am having presently. Currently my fog lights are not working, my Abs and TSC lights are constantly on, and the push butten start doesnt turn the car off like it should, it goes straight to ACC. Mode and i have to overide it. I have taken my vehicle to the dealership yesterday and they said that my rear shocks are bad and need replaced but otherwise couldn't figure out why the push button was acting like it was or why the abs and tsc was on. I am going back in about a week to have my shocks replaced and will ask again to have the abs scanned because i dont beleive they did so the first time but evem then i do not understand why the pish button or fog lights are acting up also. I also have checked all of the fuses and relays with no luck of finding an issue and i also cleaned all of the wheel speed sensors/abs sensors but also do mot know where to find any grounding wires to check them. If anyone has any ideas to check before i take it back, it would be much appriciated.
Snyderg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2017, 05:20 PM   #2

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,319 Times in 1,244 Posts
Groans: 81
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sounds to me like you may have a short somewhere. Did it randomly start doing this?
Oli likes this.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yes, a couple months ago driving through the city. I do mot recal hitting any bumps or anything to ajar a semsor or amything of the sort when it happened thoough. Yet since then it has been a constant thing. I have also tried disconnecting the battery a handful of time to reset the sensors but to no avail.
 Old 09-13-2017, 08:35 PM   #4

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Paint a picture for me. It may help figure it out. Was it raining? Cold or hot day? In traffic? Was the car hot?
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:11 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Around 70 degrees i would say, partly cloudy, not too much traffic, andthere was a slight breeze. I do not recall how het the car was though but i cant imagine it being too bad for the weather around it.
 Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #6

Not Ranked  0 score     

Hm. Strange, it's not harsh conditions. I definitely still think you have a short somewhere that needs to be fixed.

Old 09-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wpuld you happen to know where the grounding wires are located so i could check? Im unable to find anything about them anywhere
 Old 09-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #8

Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll have to look when I'm out of class. There's a wiring diagram on here somewhere.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thank you, anything at this point is appariciated.