register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #1

Mazdaspeedmike07 will become famous soon enoughMazdaspeedmike07 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default mazdaspeed 6 crank no start

ok yes ive read my ass off and even retimed the motor also. lets start with when i bought the car. bought it as a crank no start car because it was super cheap. thought i could fix it pretty easy. the dealer took it to mazda and they said it needed a crank sensor because the ecm wasnt seeing a crank siganl. so the dealer had someone put a new crank sensor on it and still wouldnt start. i figured it wasnt installed correctly and thats why it wouldnt start. so i locked the crank in place with the engine pinning tool and it looks like someone had been in the motor before because the 20th tooth was about 4 teeth off from where the sensor was. so i locked the cams in place with the service tool and locked the crank and took the crank bolt off and moved the crank pulley in position. still no start it only sparks maybe one time and then it doesnt spark anymore it just cranks and dumps fuel into the motor. only thing i havent tried is replacing the cam sensor. would this cause a no spark situation? all cylinders have compression and both in tank pumps are working putting 65psi with the key on. my scanner is also seeing an rpm signal. im a diesel tech so these mzr motors are a little new to me and ive been reading on the common failure points of these motors. any help would be appreciated thanks.
Mazdaspeedmike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #2

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,379 Times in 594 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you pull the timing cover and replace the friction washers and crankshaft bolt when you retimed the engine?
frothy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #3

Mazdaspeedmike07 will become famous soon enoughMazdaspeedmike07 will become famous soon enough
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yes i did. so my next question when im cranking the engine what should my fuel pressure be? ive read somewhere around 1000 psi but my scanner only says 75psi then when i crank it the pressure jumps around going down to almost zero. i also figured out the fuel pump on the right side in the tank is not working. could the pcm see the drop in fuel pressure and cause the motor not to start? it almost starts but seems like now that it doesnt have enough fuel
 Old 10-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #4

frothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the worldfrothy is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,379 Times in 594 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you haven't already, check the connection in the picture below, to your starter.

That sucker is notorious for developing corrosion and creating startup problems.

frothy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well the starter is brand new and thats one of the things i checked earlier. it cranks over good and fast also and almost sounds like its going to start but like is running out of fuel
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazdaspeedmike07 For This Useful Post:
frothy (10-10-2015)
 Old 10-10-2015, 09:21 PM   #6

mxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the worldmxlplx71 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,003 Posts
Groans: 128
Groaned at 15 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Take the back seat bottom out and listen for the intank pump.
2014 06 ms6 gt3076 built bolted
2015 06 ms6 parted
2016 07 cosmic MS3

SOLDforged pistons/rods, bsd baffle, cs turbo, fmic, occ, spin on conv, catless long dp, e30, sri, cpe hpfp, rmm, ported im.
mxlplx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

well for some reason i thought there was2 pumps in the tank but i think theres only one in which case the pump works. the only thing i havent changed is the cam sensor. do you think that could be the problem