register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #1

Kevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to all
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Ms6 won't start no crank

Car won't start I just replaced my oil cooler gasket got everything back together let the car warm up to temp and then it started bogging out and then died. No crank and can't read codes access port says not connected. Tried different battery but no go, any ideas??
Kevopg is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-23-2016, 11:20 PM   #2

Qual1ty will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 5 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Turn key and all lights come on as usual just no crank? Have you rechecked all connectors? Check engine light on? See if you can get the codes read.
 Old 11-24-2016, 05:21 AM   #3

Dropen will become famous soon enough
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did you check fuses?
Maybe you short circuit something w/o fuse and you mess up the battery.
Dropen is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-24-2016, 01:29 PM   #4

Kevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to allKevopg is a name known to all
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Not battery or fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 Old 11-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #5

Varomnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the worldVaromnia is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Can you video you attempting to crank it? Could be like 20 things. Spark plugs being possibly the cheapest, but need to see it for a better guess.
 Old 11-25-2016, 12:39 AM   #6

jm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the worldjm211 is the leader of the world
Groans: 52
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I assume the car would start prior to replacing the oil cooler gasket. I would recommend starting with anything you touched when replacing that gasket.
Cobb AP | Stratified Tune Stage 1 OTS | JBR Stage II Intake | cp-e 3'' Straight Exhaust | JBR RMM | SURE AGS 600 Gram Shift Knob | SURE Anchors | SURE Return | SURE SSP/Weight | All Redline Fluids | Shell T6 | Forge V1

ms6db.com I'm Registered. Are You?
jm211 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2016, 06:17 PM   #7

cjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

What connections did you have to break from the harness? I know the throttle body connector is relatively close to that area. If that's not connected, you could have problems. How long did it run before it shut off?
cjbevington is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by cjbevington View Post
What connections did you have to break from the harness? I know the throttle body connector is relatively close to that area. If that's not connected, you could have problems. How long did it run before it shut off?

About 5 min just got up to temp.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:27 PM   #9

cjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to beholdcjbevington is a splendid one to behold
Not Ranked  0 score     

What about the instrument cluster? Is it functioning properly? Trying to get an idea if it is just not starting or if the whole car is dead.
 Old 11-28-2016, 08:12 AM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Will take video when I get home. Cluster seemed the same, it clicks under the dash when turning the key.

What would cause the ap to not connect?

Old 11-30-2016, 04:32 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Replaced all fuses with new and the car started for 5-10 secs. Sounded like crap now the same prob again. Only one fuse is blowing ENG IN. Looking into it.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

This might be a dumb suggestion, and it may only be for the earlier gen Cobb AP's. Anywho, I know that my connector to the AP can actually be installed backwards...it will fit just fine but you won't have any power, which would produce your issue. I scratched my head for awhile and felt really dumb, but I never did it again!

Also, I did a quick look and saw an ENG INJ fuse in the main fuse panel - is that the one your referring to? If you're having trouble getting power to the injectors that could definitely give you the issues you're describing.

Last edited by cjbevington; 11-30-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 11-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Its the ENG IG 15amp fuse. I've also had problems with the fan coming on every time the key was in the on position. I might have found the problem just need some more fuses before i can try.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:31 AM   #14

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Got new fuses in again and put the key in the on position and one of my coil packs started smoking bad. I'm sure that pack is fried so need new one, no clue on what the issue is.

Old 12-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fixed. Replaced coil pack, disconnect all connectors from fan to harness and reconnected.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kevopg For This Useful Post:
RX-187 (12-28-2016)