register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aackthpt

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-13-2017, 02:59 AM   #1

Speed3kid93 has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed3kid93 has a spectacular aura about
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Need Help please!

So here's the issue, during Wide Open Throttle In the mid RPM range my car hits like a boost cut/Fuel cut scenario. The engine will cut off violently for a second then come back on power. I'm not sure whats causing this, please help.

Yes I have a HPFP

Yes I have a pro tune

Yes I have new spark plugs gapped at .028

I can post a data log if I have to but it's not a drop in fuel pressure, my fuel pressure is between 1900-2000 when this happens.

I don't think it's a boost cut because there are people running more boost than me and I'm only hitting 19 lbs.
 Old 10-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #2

Djohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the worldDjohns is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,296 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

And you expect us to figure it out without a log? The tune might be shit.
The go: Depo racing: downpipe (100 cell count), custom: FMIC. HTP: 3.5" intake, under route piping. JBR: shortshifter, RSB. Autotech: HPFP internals. Go fast bits: hybrid BPV, VMR: 18x8.5 V710s, Bridgestone: potenza re760 245/40/18, KW: v3 coilovers,SPC: camber arms, freektuned, Damond Motorsports: dual OCC, PMM, PCV plate, RMM, TMM, EGR delete, FoSt mani, Corksport: battery box(fuck this thing), injector seals, Cobb: EBCS, AP v3. AEM: methanol. Seibon: carbon fiber hood. UR: catback. Bosch: 3bar. BNR: s4, DNP: EWG manifold, Tial: 38mm mvs EWG.

The show: 5% tint all around, 50% tint windshield, rally armor mudflaps, Sony XAV64BT touchscreen headunit, katskin leather interior, CPE relocation plate, Maisonvi weighted shift knob, Corksport hoodscoop, black housing headlights.

Soon:built motor
Djohns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Djohns For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (10-13-2017)
 Old 10-13-2017, 10:29 AM   #3

distortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Definitely need logs to help on this one. Did this just start? Was it present before the tune? Before or after the new plugs?

Cobb AP|CP-E HPFP|Corksport SRI/TIP|Corksport TMIC|UR Test Pipe|Corksport Cold Air Box|Corksport Rear Sway Bar|JBR Shifter Bushings|Corksport RMM|Techna Fit Stainless Brake Lines|Ultraguage|Stratified E85
distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2017, 02:47 PM   #4

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 77
Not Ranked  0 score     

Gap your plugs down to 0.026" and test it again. What is your target boost? With a pro tune most likely 21 psi then tapering.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles

Waiting for Install: Damond OCC/ CS Injector Seals/ WMI/ Torque Solutions Shifter base bushings
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #5

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

cold weather, you probably overboost at mid rpm where the k04 give all it can.

Reduce boost or increase limits. or make restrictions on the intake or exaust.

a log will tell....

Btw there is no cut if your fuel pressure drop but just if you overboost or the maf rise above max voltage. Missfire also cut the engine but it would be: few close cut instead of 1 long one.

2007 speed3 71R
1993 Ford Probe KLZE
2006 Mazda3 Gs for winter
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

...Because French Canadian...
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #6

KhalidBiary is on a distinguished road
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I fixed mine by regapping plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KhalidBiary is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #7

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,758 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It's the tune. Post some datalogs to make sure, but tree fiddy says it's the tune.
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #8

Speed3kid93 has a spectacular aura aboutSpeed3kid93 has a spectacular aura about
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I uploaded 2 data logs, one in 3rd gear and one in 4th.

the tuner is supposed to be one of the best tuners in the country for accessport tuning. he had the highest horsepower stock turbo WRX and STI and travels all over the country for tuning.

At least that is what i was told.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog4.csv (23.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv datalog5.csv (17.1 KB, 2 views)
 Old 10-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have gapped the plugs down to .026, hopefully that will fix the problem, its only been happening when its below 55 degrees or so because that raises my boost.
 Old 10-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #10

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speed3kid93 View Post
the tuner is supposed to be one of the best tuners in the country for accessport tuning. he had the highest horsepower stock turbo WRX and STI and travels all over the country for tuning.
Too bad you're not just tuning an accessport, you're tuning an engine. And while some tuners do both well, the DISI and the subies are going to be separate animals altogether, and I'd bet that they are both a lot different from other platforms Cobb has APs for. Cobb protuners are not interchangeable. Furthermore, "highest horsepower" does not equal best - whatever that means, since for each owner it's different. In other words if it's not one of the known DISI tuners, don't trust it for this motor.
 Old 10-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea understood im going to get my car retuned soon im thinking purple drank

opinions?
 Old 10-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #12

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,758 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

opinions?
I went with PD. He's a solid tuner, you won't be disappointed.

You'll get lots of shit for asking which tuner to use. Really, they're all good. Freek, Hypnotic, PD, Nishan, Dizzy....I just woke up so if I left someone out I apologize.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

ok i just didn't want another issue like this because i'm pretty sure what im experiencing is has to do with the tune and not with the car.

I just wish i had went with a DISI tuner up front but i wanted my tune that day and i didn't want to have to send data logs back and forth and wait weeks to get my tune.

lol if you can't tell i'm not too patient

When they ask for my power goals should i just go with 20 PSI?

I'm in the northeast so we have great gas and I only use shell v power with 10% ethanol so I might be able to go to 21 psi.

Last edited by Speed3kid93; 10-14-2017 at 02:58 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Speed3kid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Speed3kid93 For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (10-14-2017)
 Old 10-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #14

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah, PD is definitely reputable. All the ones BT listed are fine, with the possible addition of Stratified though I've heard rumors they are not too interested in this platform anymore.

When they ask for my power goals should i just go with 20 PSI?
They probably won't ask your power goals if you just ask for a tune. If you ask them about mods, they might. But if you don't even know what typical ranges would be for your level of modification then you shouldn't even have a power goal - just say "whatever I can get safely" or something like that.
btstarcher likes this.
 Old 10-14-2017, 03:54 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

gotcha,

Thanks to everyone who helped!

FYI so far the .026 gap worked however the temp is abnormally warm today so I won't know for sure until it gets below 50 degrees or so.

Thanks again guys!
Thor Hammer (10-16-2017)
 Old 10-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #16

Jonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the worldJonb82 is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 24 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

gotcha,

Thanks to everyone who helped!

FYI so far the .026 gap worked however the temp is abnormally warm today so I won't know for sure until it gets below 50 degrees or so.

Thanks again guys!

Unusually warm? Below 50? Where do you live? I’m in south Florida and pray for below 90

Sent while probably pooping
CS TIP/SRI CS RMM CS Sexy Steering Wheel CS Springs & Struts CS Shirt Throw Shifter CS Shifter Bushings CS TBE CS Boost Tubes CP-e TMIC HKS BOV in resirc DM Vented OCC DM TMM DM PMM DM SSP Autotech Internals Custom E33 Freaktune
Jonb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-15-2017, 12:20 PM   #17

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

lol I'm in connecticut,

Normally by mid October we are in the 40's however it's been anywhere between 70-80 every day and between 60-70 at night which is ridiculously warm for the northeast this time of the year. I wish Ct was in the 80's in the fall/winter I hate the cold

By the way I just put in my tuning request form and payment to purple drank so it's official I'm getting rid of this shit tune.

I should have realized my pro tune was shit because he only got 7 more horsepower than the off the shelf tune from Cobb and 15 more torque.

I feel like any decent pro tune should be able To get more than 7 horsepower over the off the shelf tune

Last edited by Speed3kid93; 10-15-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
Speed3kid93 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #18

distortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud ofdistortion has much to be proud of
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

[QUOTE=aackthpt;3130610]Yeah, PD is definitely reputable. All the ones BT listed are fine, with the possible addition of Stratified though I've heard rumors they are not too interested in this platform anymore.

I've definitely been happy with my Stratified tune but its been on the car for around 2-3 years or so now so if indeed they have moved on to other platforms that could change things. The tune has been solid though and copes with the ever changing temperatures we get in the PNW without any problems.

Cobb AP|CP-E HPFP|Corksport SRI/TIP|Corksport TMIC|UR Test Pipe|Corksport Cold Air Box|Corksport Rear Sway Bar|JBR Shifter Bushings|Corksport RMM|Techna Fit Stainless Brake Lines|Ultraguage|Stratified E85
distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to distortion For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (10-15-2017)