register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #1

meicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the world
Groans: 9
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Need a more reliable 12v source

So I have need for drawing a few amps while the car is running, and I found a great fuse to tap, (in the fuse box underhood, row closest to bumper, second one in from fender)
comes on with keystart, stays on 10 sec after shutdown. Been using it for a year

except it will randomly energize the circuit when no one is near the car! I've heard of this type of problem with foglight mods as well

I've caught it on rare occasions in the past, but I upgraded the fan recently and it now pops on more often, to the point where I physically disconnect at night.
Its gonna leave me stranded someday with a dead battery

can any one reccomend a cure, or alternate source ?

I really want to avoid a separate switch
 Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,471 Times in 1,615 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 16 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Use a relay off the battery. Trigger it with the Cig lighter circuit.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks
SSinstaller is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSinstaller For This Useful Post:
laxplayermjd (03-08-2011)
 Old 01-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #3

meicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the worldmeicalnissyen is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by SSinstaller View Post
Use a relay off the battery. Trigger it with the Cig lighter circuit.
So you mean, I take it, to wire a separate high current relay to my fan, and tap the switched side of the cig circuit to the trigger terminal of the new relay ?
 Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,644 Times in 1,903 Posts
Groans: 239
Groaned at 352 Times in 214 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tap off ignition, btw can I ask what for?
dooderek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default 12v

Originally Posted by dooderek View Post
Tap off ignition, btw can I ask what for?
hmm where do you mean by ignition? lottsa ign fuses there

its for the water pump and fan for the intercooler

Currently, I have added the relay, and am back to tapping the fuse I have been using for a year, with the relay I thought I had it beat, but after a couple weeksI caught it kickin on again. just twice in a month, random, like before but still has the potential to do it
 Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
2zz mr-s

dooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the worlddooderek is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Tap into the ignition wires, grab a multi and test for your 12v, if your a 07 speed 6 I got a diagram somewhere I can post. As to your current problem, I unno, probaly some ectoplasmic ghost shit. But I'm tapping all my gauge power from ign (clump of wires you unplug from the steering colonum)
The Following User Says Thank You to dooderek For This Useful Post:
meicalnissyen (03-08-2011)
 Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by dooderek View Post
Tap into the ignition wires, grab a multi and test for your 12v, if your a 07 speed 6 I got a diagram somewhere I can post. As to your current problem, I unno, probaly some ectoplasmic ghost shit. But I'm tapping all my gauge power from ign (clump of wires you unplug from the steering colonum)
Right, I liked the part of the fuse I am using where it stays on for 10 sec after shutdown, but I'll take anything that stays off at this point

I have a speed three, GT 07

some of the fog light mods had similar ghostie troubles
 Old 03-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
2zz mr-s

Not Ranked  0 score     

well with the proper relay you can have it do that running from a 12v but ya so much nicer to have it readily avaible from a fuse lol