register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #1

miatabert is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question Ok more than P2187 code

Ok checked codes again on my way home tonight. Had 3 stored P2187, P0442, P2187. Stopped and filled the gas tank afterward. At start up after the fuel fill it had a bad time finding a smooth idle.

Still haven't located a local Dashhawk to help diagnose. Thinking about going ahead and taking to the dealer tomorrow. Any ideas before I break down and pay the dealer?

Thanks
miatabert is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #2

G0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of light
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had that exact (P2187) CEL and it ended up being a F'd up MAF sensor & Primary O2 sensor. Is your car running like shit?
G0T_B00ST is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hard to say how it is running. Haven't really tried running it very hard. Like I said in previous post it did have a hard time idling after fill up. I have noticed some popping or backfiring every once in awhile but not a lot.
 Old 12-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #4

G0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of lightG0T_B00ST is a glorious beacon of light
Not Ranked  0 score     

yea mine started backfiring alot and i was getting like 12 mpg.
 Old 12-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #5

MGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

Did to read my reply in your other thread ?
MGM_GT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So you are telling me I should probably go ahead and take it to Mazda?
 Old 12-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #7

thanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the worldthanox2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 639
Groaned at 39 Times in 29 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Are you modded?
"Asking the front wheels of a car to do their normal job of steering while handling more than 170hp is like asking a man to wire a plug while juggling... penguins... while making love... to a beautiful woman while on fire, on stage... in front of the Queen. It's all going to go wrong." Most people would have just called it "wrong-wheel drive."
thanox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-27-2010, 06:26 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

MGM yes I did read your reply in the other thread. Can you give me a little more information on which items in the drawing you attached you are referring to?

Thanks,

Thanox it has a short ram intake on it. Was there when I bought the car about a year ago. Other than that I don't believe any other mods unless the catback has been changed.

Last edited by miatabert; 12-27-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 12-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

yea i would, The mechanic said i was lucky the motor didnt blow because the malfunctioning MAF sensor was sending crazy amounts of fuel to my motor. Better to be safe than sorry.

PS If you have less than 60k your warranty should cover it. Mine was covered but i lucked out because i was moving when mine happened and didnt have the option to stocking out my car. I honestly figured i would have had to pay the $500 bill.
 Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #10

MGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond reputeMGM_GT3 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 2
Not Ranked  0 score     

#5 in the illustration. 2 pieces .. Vacuum tube and Solenoid valve
MGM_GT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-28-2010, 04:11 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

will check for one today at the local dealer before I take it in. Thanks for the help everyone.
 Old 12-29-2010, 03:02 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok after rumbling around town in my only backup that is tagged and running for 2 days the dealer got my purge valve in. Removed the old one and can blow through it, checked the new one can't blow through it. I assume this is a good sign? Will clear codes tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

4 key cycles and the CEL went out. Erased all the codes at lunch so I'll soon see if it is fixed.

Last edited by miatabert; 12-30-2010 at 06:08 PM.
 Old 01-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #13

jax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the worldjax ms3gt is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,040 Times in 271 Posts
Groans: 11
Groaned at 23 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

So did it ever come back? I checked my purge valve yesterday and couldn't blow thru it so i am still hunting my p2187...
CP-E HPFpump™ CP-E 3" SS Cat Back Exhaust System CP-E 3" SS Downpipe System CP-E Rear Engine Mount CP-E XcelNANO™ Air Intake CP-E Nviscid™ Pipe CP-E Triple Gauge Pod Cobb AccessPORTv2 Cobb Anti Sway Bar(rear) Corksport TMIC
PERM TUNED
Forge bpv Eibach ProKit Prosport Wideband AFR Boost Oil Temp Oil Pressure JBR Shift Knob SunTek CarbonXP 30% around
2002 Mazda Protege5:AEM sri KYB gr2's DDM hid RIP
jax ms3gt is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2011, 04:35 AM   #14

mrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the worldmrQQ is the leader of the world
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

what is a purge valve? i also have p2187 and p0442..
mrQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #15
Banned

Rich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the worldRich-PMS is the leader of the world
Groans: 68
Groaned at 62 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i had p2187 and the dealer replaced my primary oxygen sensor and the code went away
Rich-PMS is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 06-20-2011, 07:24 AM   #16

mazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the worldmazdaspdmike is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 50 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

purge valve is part of your fuel system, and o2 sensor fail can cause that code too it depends on what mazda diagnoses the problem as. i had the same issue as OP about suttering at fillups etc. and it was the purge valve, just take it to mazda