register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #1

felt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the worldfelt is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,088 Times in 512 Posts
Groans: 1,364
Groaned at 589 Times in 386 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default P0137, P0139 and P0140

Location: Banning, CA (average temperature) 45F - Massive Amounts of RAIN.

I normally get P0140 I believe which is my rear 02 sensor (I'm running a CP-E TBE), since that is normal because I don't have any catalytic converters.

It's been getting cold and alot of rain here lately and recently noticed 2 other codes, all related to rear 02 sensor.

P0137
A code P0137 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* Faulty o2 sensor Exhaust leak near the rear sensor
* Plugged catalyst
* Short to voltage on O2 signal circuit
* High resistance or open on O2 signal circuit
P0139
A code P0139 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* The oxygen sensor is faulty
* The wiring to the sensor is broken / frayed
* There is an exhaust leak

P0140
The causes for a P0140 code are fairly few. They could be any of the following:

* Shorted heater circuit in O2 sensor. (Usually requires replacement of heater circuit fuse in fuse block also)
* Shorted signal circuit in O2 sensor
* Melting of harness connector or wiring due to contact with exhaust system
* Water intrusion in harness connector or PCM connector
* Bad PCM

With 1 active code, P0140 and 2 triggered codes P0137, P0139, the car has been running perfectly fine. My STFT and LTFT have been spot on, AFR's at WOT are perfect, car idles perfectly, fuel economy is perfect, vacuum is spot on, fuel pressure is 1650 @ WOT, car spikes to 17PSI @ WOT and settles down to 15PSI @ 5600rpms, boost is fine, car hauls ass.

Is my rear o2 sensor bad (needs to be replaced due to having no cats for the past 20K miles), or is it just weather related/rain...?

Last edited by felt; 01-20-2010 at 07:22 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
felt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say NO Thank You to felt For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 01-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #2

kagerou is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i would check the connector that goes from the ecu to the o2 sensor connector (located approximately where the front wheels are and on the drivers side)

i had a p0140 code and thought that the o2 sensor was damaged, but it was reading 20mv on the dashhawk

looked under the car, and the white wire from the ecu (o2 sensor heater wire) had come loose from the plastic connector, so i just pushed it back into the plastic connector and glued it in place so it doesnt come loose again

i think this happens because the cable is really tight and just reaches the rear o2 sensor location on the cp-e downpipe

not too sure on the other error codes, but maybe water has gotten into the wiring and triggered the other codes, and or damaged the o2 sensor

hope this helps
kagerou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 PM   #3

OMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the worldOMGWTFHAX is the leader of the world
Groans: 14
Groaned at 26 Times in 25 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

P0137 means a bad secondary 02 sensor
P0139 means basically the same thing. They kind of go hand-in-hand
P0140 Means your secondary 02 sensor is definitely fucked.

Donate to the forums or stop being an idiot and Ill give you an answer.

Originally Posted by Andrew85 View Post
Wow kid... how about LOL @ you for being a piece of garbage without a purpose in life. For one thing, im not really bragging, just sharing an experience. Another thing is that you like men and your opinions dont count cause you take it up the poop shute.
OMGWTFHAX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMGWTFHAX For This Useful Post:
felt (02-01-2010), SpeedSixxx (02-01-2010)
 Old 03-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Fux Wit It

Darksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the worldDarksun280 is the leader of the world
Thanked 16,103 Times in 4,061 Posts
Groans: 175
Groaned at 498 Times in 278 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

felt I deleted your post to save your pride and good name.
10.7 @ 133 auto 1G DSM

Last edited by Darksun280; 08-30-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Darksun280 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #5

thatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Getting P0140 myself... along with p1... shit i forgot but its the lean at idle code. You guys think if i remove the o2 sensor and clear the code with atr the p0140 should go away? I just plan on plugging it. Plug is cheaper than an o2 sensor, lol.

Aslso... the car is running great.
| CP-E 75 Duro RMM/TMM + TBE | Corksport SR/TI | Forge BPV | Cobb AP- DJ Tuned | NGK Plugs | Hotchkis RSB @ 140% | PTP IM Gasket/TB Coolant Delete + BSD | Autotech FPi | AEM Meth Injection | SU TMIC | JBR SSP + Stage2 OCC |PG Oil Filter Conversion | Toyota Injector Seals | Bizzerko PnP IM | Grimmspeed EBCS | Ingalls ETD | Sonic Tuning S3 Coilovers |

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
Motorcraft XT-M5-QS(trans)
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
thatsmrgimp2u is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #6

TWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,071 Times in 1,586 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 84 Times in 50 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

do the spark plug nonfouler trick and you should be set with your codes
TWOptSL0W is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #7

thatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the worldthatsmrgimp2u is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Already had those on. I pulled the sensor and drove for 30 minutes. No cel at all... Weird.
| CP-E 75 Duro RMM/TMM + TBE | Corksport SR/TI | Forge BPV | Cobb AP- DJ Tuned | NGK Plugs | Hotchkis RSB @ 140% | PTP IM Gasket/TB Coolant Delete + BSD | Autotech FPi | AEM Meth Injection | SU TMIC | JBR SSP + Stage2 OCC |PG Oil Filter Conversion | Toyota Injector Seals | Bizzerko PnP IM | Grimmspeed EBCS | Ingalls ETD | Sonic Tuning S3 Coilovers |

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
 Old 09-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #8

TWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the worldTWOptSL0W is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,071 Times in 1,586 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 84 Times in 50 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you sure you have it on the 2nd sensor and there are 2 nonfoulers? it should be pushed out all the way from the exhaust stream
TWOptSL0W is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #9

Not Ranked  0 score     

100% sure. I threw them both away cause they were starting to rust.

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
 Old 12-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #10

DarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by thatsmrgimp2u View Post
Already had those on. I pulled the sensor and drove for 30 minutes. No cel at all... Weird.

I know this is an older thread but I am having a similar issue. P0137 and P0139. So have you been running without a secondary sensor since then without a cell?

In your quoted text, you said you pulled the sensor and no cell - did you already toggle the P0137 and p0139 in ATR?

321HP/436TQ 3gal E85 (Self-tune in progress)
DarkPasseng3r is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #11

atvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the world
Thanked 22,996 Times in 6,141 Posts
Groans: 37
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you have a genpu you cannot run any defoulers, and some downpipes have them built into the secondary bung. The secondary o2 needs to be directly in the exhaust stream. I had a bung welded in next to the second o2 and no issues.

Tappin
11.321@129.93
atvfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #12

DarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond reputeDarkPasseng3r has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by atvfreek View Post
If you have a genpu you cannot run any defoulers, and some downpipes have them built into the secondary bung. The secondary o2 needs to be directly in the exhaust stream. I had a bung welded in next to the second o2 and no issues.

Tappin
Ah, thanks Justin. I have a genpu so I guess I'll be taking off my defoulers. I just wasnt quite sure if ATR turns off the sensor or just disables the code. Any info on that? I don't wanna run rich or lean due to the ECU getting an incorrect read from the 02 sensor, so I figure if I can just turn the sensor off altogether, then why not.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #13

atvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the worldatvfreek is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DarkPasseng3r View Post
Ah, thanks Justin. I have a genpu so I guess I'll be taking off my defoulers. I just wasnt quite sure if ATR turns off the sensor or just disables the code. Any info on that? I don't wanna run rich or lean due to the ECU getting an incorrect read from the 02 sensor, so I figure if I can just turn the sensor off altogether, then why not.
The pcm uses the 2nd o2 as feedback to verify the primary o2 is doing it's job. So you cannot completely turn it off and there is just too many codes that o2 can set. How the PCM tests to see if the sensor is working is it sends a calibrated rich mixture and monitors the o2 to see if it goes rich briefly. If it doesn't it will keep adding more and more fuel to try and get it to read rich. If it cannot do that, it sets all those codes that you got.

Without the defouler you may get a cat efficiency code, but that is easily deleted with atr and won't make your car run rich/like shit.

Hope that helps!
11.321@129.93
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atvfreek For This Useful Post:
chintastic (01-07-2012), DarkPasseng3r (12-20-2011)
 Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #14

Not Ranked  0 score     

Understood @atvfreek

So although I may recieve a Cat efficiency code by fully exposing the sensor to the uncatted stream, the sensor will be able to take accurate readings and provide correct feedback to the PCM.

Awesome! I'll try that soon.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DarkPasseng3r View Post
Understood @atvfreek

So although I may recieve a Cat efficiency code by fully exposing the sensor to the uncatted stream, the sensor will be able to take accurate readings and provide correct feedback to the PCM.

Awesome! I'll try that soon.
Yup, exactly. Then just delete the p0421 code and your car will be happy. I had a bung welded in mine for 30 bucks at an exhaust shop and they did it from under the car. I will try and find the thread I had made with the picture.
*edit, just saw that you have defoulers and its not part of the dp like mine was. So no new bung is needed. Just remove the defoulers and you will be good to go.
Tappin
11.321@129.93

Last edited by atvfreek; 12-20-2011 at 07:27 PM.
 Old 12-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #16

MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the worldMS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,555 Times in 4,050 Posts
Groans: 224
Groaned at 80 Times in 67 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ugh I thought felty had come back and made a new thread

Project 1G; 1991 Eagle Talon TSi.

63MM Borg Warner Powered, Corn-Fed, 2.4L Long Rod Monster Under Construction

Stock Turbo-Stock Engine Grand Champion of the World!

501WHP & 569WTQ (PERM Tuned, 93 OCTANE PUMP GAS K04 W/N2O!!)

NATOR PA
MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MS3-a(sore)ASS-rex For This Useful Post:
atvfreek (12-20-2011)
 Old 01-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #17

chintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the worldchintastic is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

is there a how to on clearing the cel with atr?
 Old 01-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #18

bmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the worldbmylez is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,396 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 36 Times in 28 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

In ATR, go to Edit -> Advanced Parameters. It allows you to toggle DTCs. It will take effect on your next ECU flash.
 Old 01-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #19

JTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the worldJTMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,146 Times in 1,311 Posts
Groans: 22
Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so I threw a P0139 code this morning on a 10* cold start. I guess I will check the wiring but I did change the TMM this weekend.

4/15/12 dynojet results: 305whp / 355 tq

JTMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #20

Sig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the worldSig_Nasty is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

throwing all 3 of these codes...due to not running a rear o2 sensor. brand new one is going in tomorrow, should hopefully clear all these up.
Sig_Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 07-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

My issue turned out to be a bad purge valve btw

Fluids
Rotella T6 A lot
Rislone Engine Treatment
VP Methanol
~Splash of E85~
 Old 01-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #22

HOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the worldHOCKEYNUBE is the leader of the world
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I know this is suuuuper old but instead of starting a new thread ill try replying to this one first, I read what atvfreak wrote and that's what I was going to try.

I have a catless ebay DP and im throwing the p0137 and p0139... now I made a new bung at work yesterday that is an inch long and the tip of the sensor sticks in about a half inch... also made one that is 5/8 of an inch long and the entire tip of the sensor sticks in... basically what im getting at is where should it go? ive read put it at 90 degrees of the stream, put it at an angle... and so on. And also which one would you guys suggest?

once again sorry for putting the paddles on the thread but id rather replay

thanks guys!!
HOCKEYNUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2017, 05:48 AM   #23

Reedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the world
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Having P0137 and P0140 codes come up myself.

I had an exhaust leak that melted my O2 wiring harness recently, but we repaired that and replaced the wideband O2 sensor. I am starting to wonder if the repair has failed, or if I need to replace the second O2 sensor as well.

Does anyone know which code refers to which sensor? The codes are kinda intermittent for me and the car still runs just fine. I am just not sure if the codes are referring to one O2 sensor specifically, or both......
Reedy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says NO Thank You to Reedy For This Un-useful Post:
g00s3y (04-17-2017)
 Old 04-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #24

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,016 Times in 882 Posts
Groans: 352
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
Having P0137 and P0140 codes come up myself.

I had an exhaust leak that melted my O2 wiring harness recently, but we repaired that and replaced the wideband O2 sensor. I am starting to wonder if the repair has failed, or if I need to replace the second O2 sensor as well.

Does anyone know which code refers to which sensor? The codes are kinda intermittent for me and the car still runs just fine. I am just not sure if the codes are referring to one O2 sensor specifically, or both......
And when you typed in "mazdaspeed p0137" & "mazdaspeed p0140" into google, or actually looked in the first post, what did you learn about which sensor those codes refer to?

ACT 6-Puck Clutch & Streetlite Flywheel // Manley H-Beams // SP63 4032 Pistons
AEM Wideband Failsafe // Autotech Internals // Bilstein B8's // Bosch 3 Bar MAP // Cobb APv3 & Springs // CorkSport Injector Seals // Damond Motorsports OCC & Threesome // HTP 3.5" Intake & Under-Route Piping // JBR BSD & RSB & TIG's // Kozmic EGR Delete // OBX TBE // Relentless Customs PNP Intake Manifold // SPC Camber Arms // Treadstone TR8 // Torque Solution Shifter Bushings // XS Power Exhaust Manifold v2
5% Tint // 3aMotors Carbon Fiber Wing // BaysonR Lip Kit // CorkSport CF Hood Scoop & Rear Wiper Plug & Steering Wheel // Matsu Carbon Fiber Mirrors/B-pillars // Nextmod GV Grille // Rally Armor Mud Flaps // TSW Nurburgring 18x8 +35
g00s3y is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #25

Reedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the worldReedy is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Whoops silly me, that's what happens when you read & post when you're half asleep.

Evidence here would suggest the rear one but I don't know how the 2 sensors might interact with each other. OP didn't post his solution either so I am not sure what the end result was.

My AFR readings occasionally latch which I thought meant the front sensor still has issues, since that's the one that had the wiring harness melt.

Codes I am getting suggest rear but I have a feeling my gremlin might run slightly deeper thanks to recent history.

I've also datalogged O2 sensor voltages and they don't totally correlate with it being entirely rear sensor related either. I need to do a bit more reading to properly interpret that data tho.
 Old 04-20-2017, 01:25 AM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok well time for an update.

I looked at the datalogs and O2 sensor voltages on both sensors were flicking between 0V and 0.05V, basically no activity at all and kinda randomly too.

So I got a new rear sensor from Mazda and installed it this afternoon. The first confirmation that something wasn't right was the old sensor looks like it's been partly squashed by something. Maybe my CAT shat out a chunk that hit the sensor at high speed? I really don't know.

So the new sensor went in, and voltages on both sensors are looking a lot happier, between 0-1V and showing some variability in between. The busted sensor had no variability and just jumped between insignificant signal levels.

Dead sensor (The voltage level on sensor 2 only goes up to 0.05V, the graph doesn't label its axis properly)

Happy Sensor

Problem now is that my AFR's are sitting around 12.1 at WOT so it looks like I need to get the car re-tuned asap, which sucks since I only had it dyno tuned a couple of months ago.

On the whole a good result. I was a bit confused as to why both sensors were showing such bad readings but it makes sense if the rear one is used to calibrate the front one.

Last edited by Reedy; 04-20-2017 at 01:39 AM.
 Old 04-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #27

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Is this a Genwon? GenPu's have the ability to correct some at WOT. If the rear one was going bad while you were getting tuned, that probably pulled the readings off

Man, that O2 sensor looks like it really decided to quit.
 Old 04-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #28

Not Ranked  0 score     

It's a gen2. And the sensor was definitely starting to quit when it was tuned, I was getting sporadic p137 codes already at that point but by last week would get one every time I drove the car, and the p140 codes were starting to appear as well.

Going WOT right now gives a lot of knock retard and stutter so the ability to compensate doesn't seem to be enough. It's booked in for a re tune next week.

I've also been getting P0139 codes for years and years and just assumed that was a common thing since a lot of other people also get them. Wondering if I will still get them after this.

Last edited by Reedy; 04-21-2017 at 12:37 AM.
 Old 04-21-2017, 04:59 PM   #29

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

If it ran very long this way, you may need to replace the plugs, etc.

I assume the next logs you do for the tuner will be MAF cal logs?
 Old 04-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #30

Not Ranked  0 score     

Good idea, i'll take a look at the plugs. I have a spare set in the garage so might just swap them anyway....

I have my car dyno tuned. That's for them to take care of.
 Old 05-03-2017, 04:10 AM   #31

Not Ranked  0 score     

Back to normal. New spark plugs and retune. Car was definitely running dangerously lean.