register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-13-2020, 12:56 AM   #1

Rh2racing can only hope to improve
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default P2006 Cel ok to bypass?

Ok so with the cel p2006 intake tumblers stuck closed, is it ok to rig it si they are always open? I know some people delete them. Mine is a different issue. The screw holding the plunger broke off in the threads. I think the previous owner was monkeying around with it. Would it be ok to just rig it so it's always open? I understand it may trigger a p2007or something but I'm trying to get my speed back to running. I'll deal with that later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200112_163327.jpg (1.28 MB, 2 views)
Rh2racing is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2020, 06:40 AM   #2

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

as a temporary option, you can just attach them open for now and drill the broken screw later....
the vtcs close half of the intake path at low rpm, i read it would increase low end torque. When it is stuck close i did experience a lost in max power but never tried to force them open.... Many run without them when they are in need of more intake flow with large turbos....

2007 rusted Speed6... Forged with meth and a 3076 in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2020, 10:46 AM   #3

Rh2racing can only hope to improve
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

The part that goes down that the sensor rides on, is that the actuator that holds the vtcs open? (Where the arm is)
Rh2racing is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #4
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,028 Times in 2,822 Posts
Groans: 1,910
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

The pale green doohickey with the plastic plunger arm is the VTCS actuator (the thing that moves the arm of the VTCS flapper).

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
Jeff23spl (01-16-2020)
 Old 01-16-2020, 06:29 AM   #5

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....N1tPL._AC_.jpg

this is the actuator but after a second look, i think the bad screw just hold the limit switch feedback that tell the ecm if the vtcs are open or closed. you could even drill a third screw in the middle if you cannot get the other one out, it doesn't take much clamping force to keep it there....
http://i.imgur.com/eRmseV5.jpg

2007 rusted Speed6... Forged with meth and a 3076 in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff23spl For This Useful Post:
Vansquish (01-16-2020)
 Old 01-16-2020, 06:40 AM   #6
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 7,028 Times in 2,822 Posts
Groans: 1,910
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Rh2racing View Post
Ok so with the cel p2006 intake tumblers stuck closed, is it ok to rig it si they are always open? I know some people delete them. Mine is a different issue. The screw holding the plunger broke off in the threads. I think the previous owner was monkeying around with it. Would it be ok to just rig it so it's always open? I understand it may trigger a p2007or something but I'm trying to get my speed back to running. I'll deal with that later.
You have a couple of options. You can either drill out the screw and re-mount the limit switch bracket (and the switch) using that first hole, or use the secondary screw hole (in the foreground of your picture) to mount the limit switch without using the first hole at all.

Here's a post in a thread about fixing P2006 on our cars.
Now what..P2006

And here is a whole thread with excellent and detailed pictures showing you how to fix your issue.
How To: Fix CEL P2006

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote