register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #1

shawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 22 Times in 16 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default shaking above 45

alright so last night i was out driving in all this snow the EC has been getting. Anyways, I was on an unfamiliar road and ended up crossing over a small "median" that was raised off the ground. I couldn't see the fucker due to all of the snow on the road and whatnot. It sounded like it scraped up the skid plate a little but everything was fine. I don't think I really got above that speed last night after the incident though.

Anyways on my way to school today i realize my car is shaking pretty bad above 45 and it definitely has to be from whatever last night. I checked out my tires and they are fine. I'm hoping it just needs an alignment? (sucks I just got it done like 2 weeks ago lol) What are the chances it's the tie rods, bearing etc.?

Just looking to see if anybody has any idea on the possible damage I did?

Thanks
shawn. is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #2

speedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the worldspeedtown is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

could be a lot of things. Did you clean out all the snow in the rims? that will cause major shaking if you don't clean them out. Also you could have bent a rim that would cause some shaking as well.
06 VRM MS6 - AP Stage 2 (Self Tuned to 18psi) - Forge BPV - PG SRI - PG TIP - Turboxs TP - ETS TMIC - TMW Stage1+JB SSP - CP-e RMM - PTP smokey turbo fix - Bnoon bolt - Prosport Boost Gauge in block8head vent pod
speedtown is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #3

DSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the worldDSIT995 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,168 Times in 674 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If ur car was parked outside, its prolly snow in the wheel well.... Had that happen to me once on my Yukon and it shook BAD

99 Miata NB - Stock for now

Building a EFR 6258 Kit w/ Megasquirt 2 enhanced, COPs, Methanol, 750cc Injectors
DSIT995 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
R3V
Formerly Mr. Duckface Badass

R3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the worldR3V is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 119 Times in 30 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Check the inside of your wheels, my buddy bent the inside part in two places and didn't realize it till his tire went flat a few days later.
R3V is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
Banned

MS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the worldMS33SM is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,773 Times in 826 Posts
Groans: 132
Groaned at 166 Times in 92 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

1. Get hot girl in your car
2. Go above 45
3. ?????
4. Profit
MS33SM is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #6

shawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the worldshawn. is the leader of the world
Groans: 29
Groaned at 22 Times in 16 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

yo guys i'm thinking it's snow in the wheel...i checked them earlier when i made this and there was snow in them. thought to myself the weight difference could be enough to make it shake that bad. however i'm in class so i'll check after...definitely hoping that's the problem.

after thinking about it i drove for a good while after my little "incident" in the OP haha so i'm thinking it's snow in the wheel.
shawn. is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Two nuns and a pack mule

AtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the worldAtTheDriveIn is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My money is on snow in the wheels. I have to clean mine out when it snows...
 Old 01-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,861 Times in 2,690 Posts
Groans: 1,827
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

I hope it's just snow and not one of the worse options. It might not be bent rims either. It's also possible that it could be that you've damaged your hubs/wheel bearings. I have a buddy that did an almost identical thing to his Chevy Equinox. The POS was shaking at any speed over about 30 mph after that.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote