register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Troubleshoot/Diagnostics - Have a problem with the car? CEL Code? Want to discuss other issues? Come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #1

07MS3TrueRed is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Timing Issue

Hey guys I'm new to the forum, only just picked up my Speed3 a few weeks ago.

The car is an 07' and has 113,000km, and had the motor rebuilt at 110,000 at what I thought was a reputable shop in my city but am starting to have my doubts. When I had the car inspected I was told by the garage that it was leaking oil around the basepan so I dropped the pan and the car still leaked oil around the bell housing area so I diagnosed it as the rear main seal based on information I found here.

I just finished hauling the motor/transmission out and changing the seal this past weekend and the leak has stopped. However when I was unplugging everything on the wiring harness I had trouble unplugging what I realized afterwards was the crankshaft position sensor. Being stupid I removed the sensor to unplug the harness and almost immediately realized what it was and put the sensor back in place immediately. I put the sensor back to it's original position to the best of my ability using a light to see the exact position of the bolts on the sensor based on the dirt on the part. The car starts and runs just fine but doesn't have as much power as it should. I have a Cobb accessport and the virtual Dyno says I'm making 186whp. So I'm wondering is it possible that if that ckps is ever so slightly off will it cause this much of a lack in power? If so can a custom tune curb the issue or does the motor need to be re timed?

I'm going to get a compression tester in the next couple days to check the compression because I'm starting to wonder if the rebuild was a bad job or not a proper break in, and the rings might not be set properly.

The car had these mods when I bought it : magnaflow 3.0" exhaust, Mazdaspeed intake, hks blow off valve vta (I've read this is a controversial setup for these cars)
I added autotech fuel pump internals when I took the motor out because I had a clogged cat code so I gutted the primary cat and installed the internals as a safe measure. I loaded up a stage 2 ots Cobb map but again the car doesn't seem to be making the right power, so I haven't been driving it hard.

Any answers would be great, thanks in advance.
07MS3TrueRed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #2

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 156
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

A data log would be very helpful. Without that it could be 100 different things.

If the CPS was off it would run like shit. I'd check the obvious. Boost leak test, EBCS and line integrity, etc.
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thor Hammer For This Useful Post:
07MS3TrueRed (08-05-2018)
 Old 08-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #3

mazda62006 is a name known to allmazda62006 is a name known to allmazda62006 is a name known to allmazda62006 is a name known to allmazda62006 is a name known to allmazda62006 is a name known to all
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would check the position of the sensor. It may be off a little. There are direction in the shop manual on correctly setting the crankshaft position sensor. Check it first.
mazda62006 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mazda62006 For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-04-2018, 03:56 AM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah that's what I was thinking, the car definitely doesn't run like shit, it's nice and smooth no stammering/jolting/shaking. I'll have to do a data log today and post it up. Before I removed the motor I had a very obvious boost leak, a real shrill squeel when I hit 15psi, and I did a test with soapy water and found the throttle body gasket was leaking, replaced it and the squeel was still there. However when I took the motor out and reattached all hoses etc on the install the squeel went away so not sure what it was. I'll have to do a boost leak again to see if I can find anything but I never seen any hoses in bad condition when I was working on the car.

I'll have to check in the manual and have another look at the sensor. I did double check the position of the sensor against the dirt on it again the next morning and did do a slight adjustment to it before finishing the motor removal.

Thanks for the responses.
 Old 08-04-2018, 06:24 AM   #5
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,846 Times in 2,680 Posts
Groans: 1,809
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

FYI, the "Dyno" on the Cobb AP is absolute garbage and 100% inaccurate. It is so inaccurate in fact that it cannot be used to produce consistent results pull after pull, and certainly should not be used as a means of gauging whether changes you have made are working.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-04-2018, 06:26 AM   #6

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 17
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wouldn't hurt to hit up a local to see if you can borrow the timing tools.

Preliminary, all you'll need is the crank TDC pin to verify the sensor is in the right place. If you prefer, you could dig deeper with the cam alignment plate to verify your cams are aligned with the crank.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22's, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Russian Bushings in Back, Poly FSB Bushings, Magnaflow CBE
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/Stage 2 OCC/PCV Plate
AWR TMM on stand-by
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Parts Getter
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
07MS3TrueRed (08-05-2018), 5doorsoffury (08-05-2018), Vansquish (08-04-2018)
 Old 08-04-2018, 08:51 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I definitely take the Cobb Dyno with a grain of salt. However just comparing my butt Dyno to the car I just upgraded from, an 08 Mazda 3 GT, it doesn't feel like it's making the right amount of power. I've also driven two other first gen speed 3's with minimal mods and they were definitely quite a bit faster.

I may have to borrow the tools, the shop that did the machining on the motor mentioned that they had the special tools for timing this motor when I went back to complain about the rear main seal lol. So the least they can do is let me use those tools.
 Old 08-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #8
Police - Grammarhead

Vansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the worldVansquish is the leader of the world
Thanked 6,846 Times in 2,680 Posts
Groans: 1,809
Groaned at 45 Times in 26 Posts

The Cobb AP Dyno should not even merit a grain of salt. It is so incredibly inaccurate and inconsistent that it will not tell you anything useful at all. If you want to track your progress with a virtual dynamometer, use "virtual dyno". At least that will produce reasonably consistent results across similar pulls. Moreover, you should be data logging and reviewing the results of those data logs to help you diagnose what is wrong with your car.

Additionally, if you just had the motor rebuilt by a shop, and there were oil leaks at various different spots around the engine, I would be looking into their warranty. If they fucked something up during the rebuild/install, it seems like they should be fixing it at their expense, not yours.

Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vansquish For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is a datalog as requested. Also unfortunately the previous owner was the one who had the car rebuilt so its hard for me to kick up too much of a stink about it. I did go to the shop though and they offered me no help because they only did the rebuild on the short block and did not remove or install it. But since I split the bell housing and motor and took pictures of the leakage of the rear main seal I will be going back to see what they have to say. They were trying to tell me the leak could have been this, this, and that trying to say that it has nothing to do with their work.

Again if somebody has a chance to look at the log it would be greatly appreciated. I noticed that the tunes on the AP are not current (v234 I think) as they were the ones on there when I got the car so Im going to load up the current stage 2 tune (v250) and see if it will help at all and hopefully I can get a better log.
 Old 08-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #10

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Datalog :
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog10.csv (11.0 KB, 5 views)
 Old 08-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #11

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 73
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
Wouldn't hurt to hit up a local to see if you can borrow the timing tools.

Preliminary, all you'll need is the crank TDC pin to verify the sensor is in the right place. If you prefer, you could dig deeper with the cam alignment plate to verify your cams are aligned with the crank.
There are a few threads that show you how to make your own TDC bolt. Check the alignment and call it a day. TDC then count back 20 teeth from the gap and align the 20th one to the center of the CPS.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
07MS3TrueRed (08-11-2018)
 Old 08-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #12

ZeroDCX will become famous soon enoughZeroDCX will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 5doorsoffury View Post
There are a few threads that show you how to make your own TDC bolt. Check the alignment and call it a day. TDC then count back 20 teeth from the gap and align the 20th one to the center of the CPS.
This!

Also while the timing tool (TDC Pin) is in and cylinder #1 is at TDC, ensure the crankshaft pulley pin hole is lined up with the bolt boss aka ensure the crankshaft pulley is timed to the crankshaft at TDC.
ZeroDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroDCX For This Useful Post:
07MS3TrueRed (08-11-2018), 5doorsoffury (08-11-2018)
 Old 08-11-2018, 04:25 AM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I checked the CPS position after with a tdc pin and it was off by a cunt hair... Lol so I fixed it but it didn't seem to make any difference. So I did a compression test and my readings we're 185/182/185/181 so I think in good here as well. However I did another boost leak test and my egr was leaking. I was very confused as to how the egr could be leaking so I took the EGR valve off and cleaned the valve inside so it would seat better, I figured it was stuck partially open (I have my egr unplugged). After I cleaned it and did another boost test it was still leaking slightly and I came to the realization that the pressurized air from the intake manifold was coming back through the EGR tube and leaking on the two bolt flange on the EGR side of the tube. It seems as if all of those rubberized metal gaskets on my car are leaking. The ones I have noticed since I pulled this engine out are the throttle body gasket, turbo oil drain seal turbo side, and now this egr gasket. So I guess I'll have to try to source the EGR gasket and buy a block off kit and get rid of that tube all together.
 Old 08-11-2018, 06:25 AM   #14

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would just delete the egr its 20 bux on the high end and reversible. Well at least you know comp and timing are spot on. You could try a leakdown test. Do you have a main cat?
Maby its in your head how do you know you are slower. Compare a now and thne log for 60 to 100 times.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Following User Says Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Yeah I might just fully get rid of the EGR haven't decided yet. And once that leak is fixed then I will see how it is from there and I guess a leakdown test will have to be my next step if it's still slow. I have a gutted main cat and stock secondary cat. I know I'm slow because I did a point to point second gear rolling pull in my 08 2.3 Mazda 3 GT and in the Speed3 to compare and I was only 8 km/h faster in the speed lol which is definitely not right. I tried shifting at 5k and shifting at 6k in the speed and it made no difference I still went the same final speed. I also can't even chirp the tires with dsc off and haven't had any torque steer whatsoever so something is definitely not right. In the log I posted on here it took me 6 seconds to get from 5-6k rpm in 4th gear, that seems awfully slow to me.
 Old 08-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #16

Carskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just for fun, I ran your datalog through the Vdyno. Don't know your tire size, temps, and pressure, but close enough. But you're right, your running really slow.

Your AFRs are pretty rich, but that shouldn't be causing this much power loss. I'm pretty sure the Cobb Stage 2 doesn't run that rich. Also, as rich as you are, you definitely shouldn't be getting that much Knock Retardation.

Did you check the timing and if so, what'd you find? What turbo are you running?

I think you're on the right track suspecting something with the valvetrain...
Attached Images
File Type: png Dyno.PNG (54.4 KB, 14 views)
Current Performance Mods: APv3 Freektune 93 & E-30 | JBR 3.0 SRI | ETS TMIC, SpeedDaddy TP | AT HPFP | Damond RMM | Southbend S2 Endurance Clutch/Fly | Stoptech Slotted Rotors | EBC RedStuff Pads | Enkei 18x8.5 PF01 | Continental EC Sport 245/40R18 | Koni STR.T Shocks | JBR Shifter Bushings
Stereo Mods: Pioneer AVH4100NEX | Phoenix Gold Fronts | Focal Rears | Polk 12" in Trunk Floor Enclosure | PPI 4x125W amp driving Fronts & Sub
Other Mods: Low Note Additional Horn
Mods Awaitting Install: JBR TMIC Red Boost Tubes | DM OCC w/VTA
Future Mods:DM PMM & TMM | Injector Seals | Whiteline Suspension Bushings | Built Block & BNR S3v2 if ZZB
Removed Mods: JBR 70A RMM
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carskick For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #17

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Stock fueling is pretty rich to begin with. Getting into the 9's might not be too far fetched with bad knock.
AWR TMM on stand-by
Other rides:
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So, in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #18

Carskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond reputeCarskick has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
Stock fueling is pretty rich to begin with. Getting into the 9's might not be too far fetched with bad knock.
But he said he's on Cobb Stage 2 v2.50, I thought that was leaner than stock. I wondered the same thing, but then I saw he said his tune.

EDIT: Correction, he was on Cobb Stage 2 v2.34 and said he'd upgrade to v2.50. Either way, I think Cobb Stage 2 targets high 11s if I remember right.
Current Performance Mods: APv3 Freektune 93 & E-30 | JBR 3.0 SRI | ETS TMIC, SpeedDaddy TP | AT HPFP | Damond RMM | Southbend S2 Endurance Clutch/Fly | Stoptech Slotted Rotors | EBC RedStuff Pads | Enkei 18x8.5 PF01 | Continental EC Sport 245/40R18 | Koni STR.T Shocks | JBR Shifter Bushings
Stereo Mods: Pioneer AVH4100NEX | Phoenix Gold Fronts | Focal Rears | Polk 12" in Trunk Floor Enclosure | PPI 4x125W amp driving Fronts & Sub
Future Mods:DM PMM & TMM | Injector Seals | Whiteline Suspension Bushings | Built Block & BNR S3v2 if ZZB
The Following User Says Thank You to Carskick For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #19

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ah sorry. I missed that.
AWR TMM on stand-by
Other rides:
History:
The Following User Says Thank You to Fstrnyou For This Useful Post:
 Old 08-11-2018, 02:44 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

All of the knock is robbing you of timing and decent afr so thats going to take power away to. I ask about the cat because if it is clogged it will make you slow. Maby fucking with it knocked shit loose and clogged the cells. Try unbolting the second cat and do a loud run.

Put a gallon of e85 or meth in the tank and see if the knock goes away. I bet some e85 and unbolting the second cat will make you faster.

A leakdown test will check the head for leaks
Rfinkle tune in progress

Old 08-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #21

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at that datalog. That was on v234 and I have a new datalog with v250 now loaded up and after fixing part of my boost leak. AFR's are higher now, but I'm definitley getting some knock.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx datalog11.xlsx (12.2 KB, 3 views)
 Old 08-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just seeing your other reply, do you think the quality of gas could cause that much knock? I've been talking to poeple in my area and they recommend getting gas from a different brand station has helped with knock for them. I live in Newfoundland, Canada and the best we have here is 91oct at the pump unfortunately.
 Old 08-13-2018, 07:00 AM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 07MS3TrueRed View Post
Just seeing your other reply, do you think the quality of gas could cause that much knock? I've been talking to poeple in my area and they recommend getting gas from a different brand station has helped with knock for them. I live in Newfoundland, Canada and the best we have here is 91oct at the pump unfortunately.
I doubt that would cause that much loss of power. A knock event of 2-3 just pulls a few degrees of timing. It's not nearly enough to drop from 250WHP to 160WHP. In fact, before I tuned & upgraded, I tried the Cobb Stage 1 with only a HPFP in place. I got a 1.5-3 KR throughout the range (I had an intake leak issue at the time, too), and still held 200-240whp is the upper mid RPM range, and that was with it only getting to about 13-14psi of boost.

Something is not right...
 Old 08-13-2018, 07:09 AM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Just checked your new log. Yeah AFR are more in line with what I would expect with your tune and excessive KR detection. This log is showing the KR far worse. Maybe it is the gas, but it'd have to be horrible gas to product that result. Even using 87oct shouldn't look THAT bad.

Have you done a compression test? Maybe the engine itself has some bad leaks. You've got plenty of boost and air passing the MAF. Fueling looks good. My money's on something inside the block being just not right...
 Old 08-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Compression is good, I still need to to fix the boost leak coming from my egr tube. I'll see how the car is after that and I switched brands of fuel on this tank. Might have to do a leakdown test.
 Old 08-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

As mentioned, add some E85 or Meth to the tank. If knock persists, you have mechanical issues.
AWR TMM on stand-by
Other rides:
History:
 Old 08-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #27

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So just pour a gallon of methyl hydrate from home Depot right in the tank when I fill up? Or what kind of ratio do I mix?