register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 08-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #1

Ms3jerm will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default AFR check engine light.

So I installed my hpfp internals on a basically brand new pump. I was running lean at idle before and the dealership said it was the hpfp and replaced it. Well I also installed my downpipe. Everything was fine for about 3 days I drove a lot in that time frame. Now I have codes p2187(lean at idle) and p2096(target AF feedback system too lean) my afr has been sitting around 20-21 at idle and I've seen it get up to 26 on its own. WOT it seems to be doing okay cause it'll drop to 8.7-11.. Anyone have any tips on how I can fix this problem or what the issue may even be? Thanks. I'm sure there are other threads on this but I'm pretty new to the forums and still getting used to navigating them. Sorry in advance for that. Oh and I'm also on the Cobb 91 sf+dp tune
Ms3jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-04-2015, 05:37 PM   #2

littleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the worldlittleloogy is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,656 Times in 1,801 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Lean at idle may mean you have a vacuum leak. Unmetered air is getting into your engine. You ECU can only add so much fuel before it throws a lean code. I would check your engine bay for loose or missing boost tubes/vacuum hoses. If non are found a boost test will eliminate the possibility of a boost leak

If you could take a log with your access-port and post it up on this thread We might be able to better see what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone 6
littleloogy is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-04-2015, 06:33 PM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'll check the hoses later on and take a log
 Old 08-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #4

08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world08cosmic3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,999 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 54 Times in 43 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Wiggle the wires on your MAF sensor harness and listen for engine idle change or monitor while you do this and see ig AFR or fuel trims change. I had 2187 and it was due to the black ground wire on the MAF harness. Clean the MAF sensor also.
EBTEC Manley Built // GT3071R // FreekTuned // Freek 3.5" Intake // Ported IM // Perm Plate Dual CC // Catless DP // CNT CB // Tokay V 1's // Autotech // AEM Failsafe // TR8 IC// GFB // JBR 88 RMM // DM PMM // JBR 70 TMM // ACT 6 puck prolite fly // Cobb RSB // 6 pc chassis braced // Koni FSD's // Cobb Springs // EGR Full delete // SWAS switch // SS brake lines // 100% Methanol Injection D14

____________________________________________Dragon Slayer _________________________________________________
08cosmic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 08-11-2015, 01:02 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I got a chance to take a look. The Afr code is taken care of my secondary O2 sensor got wiggled loose from the exhaust. Now I'm just still getting a lean at idle code.
 Old 08-11-2015, 05:41 AM   #6

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,167 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Still seems like there is a leak somewhere, double check all hoses and clamps, make sure everything tight, and fully connected. MAF sensor clean? MAF Sensor O-ring still good? Tightened there? No intake hoses loose, clamps not fully tightened? Check vacuum lines also.
 Old 08-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #7
hidin in yo bushes

CWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the worldCWP_MS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 12,755 Times in 4,724 Posts
Groans: 122
Groaned at 70 Times in 57 Posts

Check the breather hose from the valve cover to the intake boot.

Rich Tuned
330WHP and 363TQ
10-19-13 Moore Automotive

CWP_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote