register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #1

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,539 Times in 800 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 54 Times in 27 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Assistance with AEM boost safe output

Bare with me here guys..

I recently installed an AEM meth kit (30-3300); Boost dependent controller.
Everything is hooked up perfectly and is running as it should ....BUT (big butt i know) I haven't hooked up any sort of failsafe, yet. I will once I really know which one I want and have a better understanding on how it works, hooking it up, etc.

For now I at least want to hook up the boost safe out to either the EBCS or even a horn for some sort of extra measure. ***The wire to this is a 1.7 amp switched ground. It activates when the system is armed and error code flashes or low on fluid.***

Has anyone with an AEM kit or other kits with similar trigger out wired it to the EBCS?
Pics or explanation would help. I just have this visual it looking like a hot mess with all the wires and a relay.

I am super novice when it comes to circuits/wiring shit. If I decide to use a horn to be triggered; will it still require an NC relay and setup the same way? If not then what/how will I need to wire it?
*COBB: AP, shifter weight *BITWISE: Harness, 3bar BNR: S3v2 *CP-e: Stage 2 RMM ,TMIC *JBR: RSB, EGR delete, WP *GRIMMSPEED: EBCS *TWM: Full Shifter *KDM: HPFP internals *DENSO:ITV22 *FORD: syn trans fluid *OBX: TBE *BILSTEIN: B8 Sport *SWIFT: Spec-R springs *GTSPEC: 4point ladder brace, rear subframe brace *NITTO: NT-05 * Whiteline: BSK *MOOG: F/R endlinks* SPC: Adj. camber arms *MORIMOTO: 5K HID elite
specvspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-29-2015, 07:35 PM   #2

specvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the worldspecvspeedfreak is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,539 Times in 800 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 54 Times in 27 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@NCspecV81; @GCPhotographers;

How have you guys using the boost safe out (green) wire?
*COBB: AP, shifter weight *BITWISE: Harness, 3bar BNR: S3v2 *CP-e: Stage 2 RMM ,TMIC *JBR: RSB, EGR delete, WP *GRIMMSPEED: EBCS *TWM: Full Shifter *KDM: HPFP internals *DENSO:ITV22 *FORD: syn trans fluid *OBX: TBE *BILSTEIN: B8 Sport *SWIFT: Spec-R springs *GTSPEC: 4point ladder brace, rear subframe brace *NITTO: NT-05 * Whiteline: BSK *MOOG: F/R endlinks* SPC: Adj. camber arms *MORIMOTO: 5K HID elite
specvspeedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #3

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

As far as boost is concerned IMO get a guardian angel.

It has a input from a methanol fail safe output.

As far as a horn you can get a relay from power to your negative meth output to trigger the horn wire in the steering column. You can also hook it up to a siren or even a led.

Get with a stereo shop and they should be able to take car of your electrical needs.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-29-2015, 11:00 PM   #4

jdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the worldjdmage_mx5 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,654 Times in 805 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You could look into an AEM AFR/boost failsafe with a relay triggering the ground to the EBCS. Just about the same purpose as the guardian angel but gives you an AFR and boost gauge in one.

HTA 3076 | HTP 4" Intake, battery tray, under mount piping | CPE Exhaust Manifold, downpipe, FMIC & Stage 2 RMM | MD TMM and PMM | Tial MV-R ewg w/ Kozmic dump tube | VCTS delete/Ported IM | JBR OCC, EGR delete, BSD w/ oil pan baffle & RSB | SP63 Oil Cap Breather | Synapse SB BPV | UR CBE | Autotech HPFP | H & R Coilovers | Whiteline Endlinks | Manley Pistons & Rods | L19 Head Studs | Kozmic 6th Port w/ DW65c ITFP | Snow Performance Stg 2 Meth | JMF Manifold | SouthBend Stg 3 Endurance Clutch | Tuned with
jdmage_mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdmage_mx5 For This Useful Post:
Justin@Freektune (10-30-2015), MS3Shadow (10-30-2015)