register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 03-31-2016, 07:37 AM   #1

broda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Compressed Natural Gas?

In my recent attempts of finding E85 near me, I found an Exxon within 8 miles of me supposedly that was listed on multiple E85 finder sites. To my discovery, instead they had CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) pumps instead so I was kind of pissed.

After a bit of looking into it, I discovered that CNG has an octane rating of 130. So even using 1 gallon of it with give me the equivalent octane boost as 3 gallons of E85. But I don't really know anything about the plausibility of actually using it so that's why I'm inquiring here. If I would be able to use it that would be great, if not I'm screwed because the only other (supposed) E85 pump is on the turnpike.

@Enki; @phate; , science me please.

Last edited by broda; 03-31-2016 at 07:54 AM.
broda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to broda For This Useful Post:
Yatta (03-31-2016)
 Old 03-31-2016, 07:49 AM   #2

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

You can’t do this without a lot of additional gear... you would need a tank to store it ‘compressed’ high pressure lines to the manifold and valves (injectors) to meter it into your intake. If you are aware of all of the above... it might be usable, might even chill charge air....

I have seen vehicles converted to it and running in mixed (gas and CNG) modes but never for performance... it is an interesting idea; I think the diesel community uses propane for a similar effect.
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 03-31-2016, 08:01 AM   #3

broda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the worldbroda is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

That's what I figured. I was mostly curious if using it as a 1 gallon mix would keep it viable enough to just use in tank or not.
 Old 03-31-2016, 08:07 AM   #4

torquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the worldtorquemaniac is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
You can’t do this without a lot of additional gear... you would need a tank to store it ‘compressed’ high pressure lines to the manifold and valves (injectors) to meter it into your intake. If you are aware of all of the above... it might be usable, might even chill charge air....

I have seen vehicles converted to it and running in mixed (gas and CNG) modes but never for performance... it is an interesting idea; I think the diesel community uses propane for a similar effect.
Interesting...CNG versus meth injection!

@dale_gribble; should have no problem testing this
Ported Holset HY35 // Custom top mount EM // Tial MV-S 38mm // Custom DP and catback // L2A intercooler with AMG CWA-100 pump// Perrin MBC // 3.25 Blow-thru MAF // Aquamist HFS-4 v.2 direct port injection // Eagle rods // Supertech 4032 pistons // Forge BPV v.2 // Perrin air/oil separator // Autotech HPFP // Custom RMM insert // TB coolant bypass // Full EGR delete // 3.5 bar MAP // Launch control with anti-lag // Derale remote transmission cooler // Upgraded transmission boost valve // Shimmed transmission accumulators // Adjusted transmission clutch control valve // Digital overboost protection system // Custom firewall heatshield // JKS rear spoiler // Painted VC and IM // BSD // Custom vent pod with boost and meth gauge // Tuned with Versatuner

"When the turbo spins the bull$hit ends" BOOST the replacement for displacement
torquemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torquemaniac For This Useful Post:
dale_gribble (03-31-2016), Yatta (03-31-2016)
 Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by torquemaniac View Post
Interesting...CNG versus meth injection!

@dale_gribble; should have no problem testing this
That's something that came to mind as well. I feel like you'd need a custom setup though so it doesn't degrade the pump and nozzle(s) though. The plus side though is that you'd have to mix less and it's cheaper. Could probably run it for a year for under $20 lol
 Old 03-31-2016, 08:23 AM   #6

Yatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the worldYatta is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,278 Times in 645 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by broda View Post
That's something that came to mind as well. I feel like you'd need a custom setup though so it doesn't degrade the pump and nozzle(s) though. The plus side though is that you'd have to mix less and it's cheaper. Could probably run it for a year for under $20 lol
If it was used just for ‘in-boost’ a meth controller might be leveraged... though it would have to be a good one for me to trust it, CNG is quite a bit more flammable than most meth solutions....
mods: \\// AT HPFP // AccessPort // CS S2 TIP, SRI and TMIC // CPe S2 RMM // Synapse BPV // Mazda gutted secondary cat // S-OTS+ 91S2 // HKS TP DLi II // Wilwood DP6 13” brakes // TCE 2 piece rear rotors // Maxwell SuperCap/LiFePO4 cell \\//

waiting for install: \\// CPE Catted DP // CS Battery Box // Devils Own Meth kit // H&R Coilovers \\//
Yatta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yatta For This Useful Post:
torquemaniac (03-31-2016)
 Old 03-31-2016, 09:51 AM   #7

Enki has disabled reputation
Thanked 19,288 Times in 4,841 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 40 Times in 36 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I have nothing really to add to this, other than to say that the gear required will add significant amounts of weight to your vehicle. Might be better to stick with meth.
torquemaniac (03-31-2016), Yatta (03-31-2016)