register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-03-2018, 06:10 AM   #1

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Converting Plastic lines to AN( blue & yellow)

So now that I've managed to break the blue line twice and depleted my spare parts supply in the process I'm thinking I should have just converted the damn thing to AN fittings like I've done on every other car I've had. Has anyone used the QD to AN adapters on this car to convert both lines to standard AN lines? I know I have some 3/8" to AN 8 laying around from my old c4 build, but I'm thinking the mazda is going to be a 5/16" to AN 6 connector. The only 2 concerns I have are:

1. I'm assuming mazda uses the same 'standard' depth as all other OEs for the flare ring
2. Its very very tight on the blue nipple against the housing so not sure I have room to get the AN adapter on correctly.

I'm hoping someone on here has done or attempted it and can chime in. It would cost me all of $50 for both fittings and the line which would be cheaper than a new one and I'd never have to worry about it snapping again.

Silver 06 MS6 - DD stealth build - no show, all go....
'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
GroceryGtr is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-03-2018, 06:15 AM   #2

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuel lines yes? Smeagol builds them now. Theyre on his FB page
The Following User Says Thank You to kTaLgsTo For This Useful Post:
Db09ms3 (05-03-2018)
 Old 05-03-2018, 07:05 AM   #3

GroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the worldGroceryGtr is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

awesome just took a look, thats exactly what I'm going to do then. Just need to order the 5/16 QD fittings and I should have everything I need to build new lines. I already have a 90 degree 6an fitting and a few feet of 6an hose laying around from my last AN project.

'12 Abarth Challenge Car - very loud, very fast, very inconvenient to drive on the street...
 Old 05-11-2018, 03:58 AM   #4

HarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
Fuel lines yes? Smeagol builds them now. Theyre on his FB page
would you by chance have a link to his page?
HarambeSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-11-2018, 04:47 AM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

just do a google search for his name and mazdaspeed fuel line and his page pops up. His lines are $150 each or you could make them yourself for around $100. Its actually fairly easy to make AN lines, no special tools required.

Edit: Forgot to mention if you need lines I may have a set for sale in the next few weeks. Made a set of black ones for stock line routing and then decided I wanted to reroute them a different way to clean up the area over the turbo. They're fully functional, just will most likely have some wear marks on the nuts from install/removal. Be aware the first set were cpe rubber lines and wont work if you are running E85. If you run E85 you'd need PTFE lines. I may have enough left over to convert the stock length set and reuse the fittings.

Last edited by GroceryGtr; 05-11-2018 at 01:36 PM.
 Old 05-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #6

HarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the roughHarambeSpeed3 is a jewel in the rough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks! So I definitly was not sure if it was him or not but I do follow him on ig. Spoke to him and he said that he only does the low pressure line that comes from the firewall to the fuel pump. I was looking into replaceing the return line as well if possible but he said that he doesnt know the pressure rating for that line and if its a low pressure or high pressure line.
HarambeSpeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-14-2018, 04:49 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

its low pressure as well. Well like I said I should have a full set for sale in the near future. Do you need one immediately or can you wait a bit?

Old 05-14-2018, 05:06 AM   #8

kTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the worldkTaLgsTo is the leader of the world
Groans: 10
Not Ranked  0 score     

He just posted on his FB page that he will not be making the high pressure lines anymore.
He said it was costing him too much and people weren't buying/committing to the purchase. He did say money up front he would build to order (you'd have to wait)
 Old 05-14-2018, 05:56 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

no disrespect to him at all, but I think his problem was he was priced outside the market. Granted quality AN fitting are expensive, but if you are doing it for a business you should be buying them in bulk at a discount. I was planning to sell BOTH my lines for $150ish(granted I used them for a few test runs). If I were to make lines I put the market at around $90-$100 per line. This way you are still within the ballpark of the OE lines($80), but charging a little more for the superior design and durability of AN. Then offer priced upgrades to PTFE(for E85 users) or special lengths.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:22 PM   #10

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 21
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hmm, I need to read it again. I thought he said he would stop making custom color fuel lines.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fcse.google.com%2Fcse%3Fcx%3 D007197676933930921148%3Apwlh1e31oxu%23gsc.tab%3D0
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote