register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
View Poll Results: Which pump?
Cp-e 33 73.33%
PTP 12 26.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 06-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #1

manelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,779 Times in 741 Posts
Groans: 661
Groaned at 45 Times in 33 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Cp-e or PTP fuel pumps?

Which pump do people prefer?

Price wise PTP's pump looks better
but isn't there no break in period with CP-e's?

Also, I seen around a few people having trouble with PTP's pump but never seen anyone complain about CP-e's
 Old 06-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #2

predapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the worldpredapio is the leader of the world
Thanked 45,197 Times in 6,409 Posts
Groans: 309
Groaned at 206 Times in 116 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

In before pissing match.

Dash08: I don't see the whole pedophile thing, But Predapio is a dirty old bastard. So, I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
That's also why he fits in here. We're all a bunch of filthy, perverted, arrogant, pessimistic, self-righteous assholes who find entertainment at other peoples expense.
What a lovable bunch we are!!
 Old 06-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #3

memin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the worldmemin is the leader of the world
Groans: 25
Groaned at 33 Times in 20 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

lets the war began.
 Old 06-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #4

2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,638 Times in 353 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

how many threads do we need about this?
 Old 06-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #5

MS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 13
Groaned at 23 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 2007speed3 View Post

COBB AP, COBB INTAKE, COBB Turbo Inlet Pipe, CP-E HPFP, CX-RACING FMIC, CP-E CATTED DP, CP-E EXHAUST, FORGE BPV, FORGE WGA, PTP PVC Restrictor Pill, Boon Turbo Bolt
The Following User Says Thank You to MS3_65 For This Useful Post:
2007speed3 (06-06-2010)
 Old 06-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #6

manelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the worldmanelscout4life is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

i havnt seen one thread that showed benefits of one pump over the other
 Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #7

m4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the worldm4tic is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,014 Times in 1,767 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you dont see any cpe troubles (there have been some) because hardly anyone has one...

but the playing field is more level now that PTP has their own test/break-in rig....

both are great choices
both companies have lifetime warranty
ptp offers a complete pump as well as internal parts only

im running PTP internals that were installed a few weeks back... still running awesome...

//2014 Mustang GT// Brembos - Bob's Can - SCT X4 - MGW - GT500 Quad-tip Axle back - Vorshlag Street Pro - Ford K Springs - BMR PHB

2007 MS6 w/ Cheez

// COBB V3 // SURE ID300 MAF // COBB TIP // CXRacing FMIC // PTP BSD // PTP Windage Tray // PTP TIG // KMD V2.1 CDFP Internals // HD Coil Packs //
Corksport DP // TurboXS RP // CP-e 3" Single Cat-back // Bilstein Shocks & H&R Springs // DSS Axle // TSW Interlagos 19x8 +35 // 235/35 Rubber
// Defi Red Racer // Block8head Defrost Pod // DDM 3k Fogs & 6k Lowbeams // Custom iPod Integration Hackjob //
 Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #8

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bmorrisj View Post
you dont see any cpe troubles (there have been some) because hardly anyone has one...

but the playing field is more level now that PTP has their own test/break-in rig....

both are great choices
both companies have lifetime warranty
ptp offers a complete pump as well as internal parts only

im running PTP internals that were installed a few weeks back... still running awesome...
so now if you buy a complete pump from ptp you no longer have to go through the break in period?
 Old 06-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
Banned

07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of07slsms3 has much to be proud of
Groans: 2
Groaned at 16 Times in 4 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     
Question

Bottom line is this : If both of these pumps were the same price 9 out 0f 10 of us would go with the Cp-e pump.....BUT that is not the case and the Cp-e pump is twice as freakin expensive !!! This is my second post to this forum BUT I know a lot about my '07 MS3 But I have come to realize that everyone is different when it comes to modifying , So I take everything I read with a grain of salt and I respect ALL of everyones opinions...If that makes any sense...lol
 Old 06-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #10

ZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the world
Groans: 36
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by manelscout4life View Post
i havnt seen one thread that showed benefits of one pump over the other
ah ppl never do see threads that answer the question
wasnt talking to you; i was talking to GSRTYPE1, you ignorant douche bag, go back to your nissan 350 ass buddies and wear your cool kanye west shades you fucking retarded looking cunt face homosexual.
 Old 06-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #11

super_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,500 Times in 656 Posts
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i had 2 ptp pump in a period of a month.... they both failed.... i wasnt gonna stick around for another install/uninstall on a ptp pump.
got the cpe pump... my troubles ended...

i was so pissed of when the ptp pumps where causing issues, i seriously considered driving to socal mitsubishi (im from arizona) for a badass deal I was getting on an evo X mr....

i gave it one last chance with the cpe pump.... fell back in love with my car. fuck the overpriced evo
 Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by super_pablo_ View Post
i had 2 ptp pump in a period of a month.... they both failed.... i wasnt gonna stick around for another install/uninstall on a ptp pump.

i was so pissed of when the ptp pumps where causing issues, i seriously considered driving to socal mitsubishi (im from arizona) for a badass deal I was getting on an evo X mr....

i gave it one last chance with the cpe pump.... fell back in love with my car. fuck the overpriced evo
did you get just internals or the whole pump?
 Old 06-06-2010, 08:31 PM   #13

super_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the worldsuper_pablo_ is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,500 Times in 656 Posts
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

oh... and i do wanna point out that... that break in period shit?.... thats all excuses for all the fuckin fail they had.... how come ptp never had problems with "break in" a while back when the batches where better?....

i talked to john.... cool dude, good customer service... he told me a bunch of stuff to keep hope in his product.... but the truth is... u cant bullshit your way into becoming a succesful company. your product speaks for itself.

i got the whole pump... twice... exactly to avoid any issues on the installation

Last edited by super_pablo_; 06-06-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #14

2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world2007speed3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,638 Times in 353 Posts
Groans: 70
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by super_pablo_ View Post

Same story over here, 2 failed PTP pumps. my third and final pump will be placed in the mail today by John. last 2 pump same story never broke in over 3k miles on those pumps it sucked, i haven gotten into boost since February................

Im hoping 3rd time is a charm if not, fuck these pumps just give me a damn working stocker again.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2007speed3 For This Useful Post:
dougefresh_ (07-28-2010)
 Old 06-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #15
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Thanked 18,751 Times in 5,169 Posts
Groans: 1,940
Groaned at 886 Times in 632 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i've no experience with the cpe pump, and i've not personally touched or installed john's pump, but my vote goes to cpe due to a few facts.
1) no break in
2) tested
3) there have been very few cpe pump failures
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
2007speed3 (06-07-2010), dougefresh_ (07-28-2010), ZoomZoomPSSH (06-07-2010)
 Old 06-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #16

ms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the world
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Neutral  +1 score     

I'm leaning towards the PTP pump when I get around to doing the fuel pump mainly because of the price and it still comes with the lifetime warranty. There's a breakin period from what I gather but it's only 100 miles which really isn't that bad.. I just don't know if I can justify double the price for a CP-E..
 Old 06-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #17
Banned

phillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the worldphillyb is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3brendan View Post
I'm leaning towards the PTP pump when I get around to doing the fuel pump mainly because of the price and it still comes with the lifetime warranty. There's a breakin period from what I gather but it's only 100 miles which really isn't that bad.. I just don't know if I can justify double the price for a CP-E..
do some reading about the break in period.
do some reading about the ptp pumps.
 Old 06-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #18

Alpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the worldAlpha is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,986 Times in 1,411 Posts
Groans: 24
Groaned at 109 Times in 61 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
i've no experience with the cpe pump, and i've not personally touched or installed john's pump, but my vote goes to cpe due to a few facts.
1) no break in
2) tested
3) there have been very few cpe pump failures
+1
 Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ZoomZoomPSSH View Post
ah ppl never do see threads that answer the question
Originally Posted by MS3_65 View Post
Originally Posted by 2007speed3 View Post
show me where this has been discussed before
The Following User Says NO Thank You to manelscout4life For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #20

ZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the worldZoomZoomPSSH is the leader of the world
Groans: 36
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

search link.

its located at the top of the page towards the right hand side.
wasnt talking to you; i was talking to GSRTYPE1, you ignorant douche bag, go back to your nissan 350 ass buddies and wear your cool kanye west shades you fucking retarded looking cunt face homosexual.
The Following User Says NO Thank You to ZoomZoomPSSH For This Un-useful Post:
 Old 06-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #21
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

there have been lots of threads, though i don't think there was ever ANY definitive answer to which is "better" cause i don't think that question can really be answered.
when working properly, they both perform the same, and they both perform well.
getting a cpe pump to perform is easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to phillyb For This Useful Post:
manelscout4life (06-07-2010)
 Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #22
Banned

PAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

so now if you buy a complete pump from ptp you no longer have to go through the break in period?
The rig is in the process if being built..
 Old 06-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #23
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

my understanding that the machine that apr uses is very costly...i'm curious to know what kind of setup you guys will have at ptp
 Old 06-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #24
Banned

PAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond reputePAM.srt4 has a reputation beyond repute
Not Ranked  0 score     

my understanding that the machine that apr uses is very costly...i'm curious to know what kind of setup you guys will have at ptp
very extensive.. 6inch soft touch display, logic controls, multi phase inverter, full excel spread sheet showing pump pressure and flow across a range of RPMs, Many more features that will take forever to list. It is just as good or better then the current pump testing equipment on the market.

It will be from anywhere of 25,000 to 30,000 to build it, and our pumps will still be way more affordable.

it has been discussed on our section and i think three times in this section.. it might not be the comparing of the pumps... but it pretty much states the same shit... PTP pump have some fails and cpe has barley anyways.. Doesn't matter how you word the headline the contents in the thread is pretty similar shit, besides the poll at the top.

Last edited by PAM.srt4; 06-07-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 06-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #25
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by PAM.srt4 View Post
very extensive.. 6inch soft touch display, logic controls, multi phase inverter, full excel spread sheet showing pump pressure and flow across a range of RPMs, Many more features that will take forever to list. It is just as good or better then the current pump testing equipment on the market.

It will be from anywhere of 25,000 to 30,000 to build it, and our pumps will still be way more affordable.
i'm not curious about features...i'm more curious about the build and the actual hardware.
like oil supply, gas supply and shit like that.
is there a thread about your machine already?
so i can watch the build?
 Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #26
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

i'm not curious about features...i'm more curious about the build and the actual hardware.
like oil supply, gas supply and shit like that.
is there a thread about your machine already?
so i can watch the build?
no we are not gonna release the process of the build.. those rights are reserved to us. Don't need it being copied before we release it.. ya know?
 Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #27
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

copied?
it's a fucking machine that supplies oil and gas and pumps the pump...
anyone with the right equipment and know-how should be able to make the same machine regardless of your setup.
and aren't those rights actually reserved for apr?
or are you taking a different approach with your machine?
 Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #28
pewpew

Sacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the worldSacrilicious is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,189 Times in 609 Posts
Groans: 8
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

there's more than one way to build a FP testing rig, and i can completely respect that PTP would want to keep the exact design of the rig proprietary. this isn't shit you just write FAQs for, because it's a matter of protecting your business.

i would definitely like to hear about what it does during the testing when the build is complete, though. that would give the end user a lot more information to base their judgement.
 Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #29

IshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the worldIshiKage is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,854 Posts
Groans: 278
Groaned at 533 Times in 425 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

eventhough there was an issue with my PTP being that they were made during the winter time, John took care of me and everyone else.

PTP gets my vote
 Old 06-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #30
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by 240mazspd3 View Post
eventhough there was an issue with my PTP being that they were made during the winter time, John took care of me and everyone else.

PTP gets my vote
thanks dude!!

copied?
it's a fucking machine that supplies oil and gas and pumps the pump...
anyone with the right equipment and know-how should be able to make the same machine regardless of your setup.
and aren't those rights actually reserved for apr?
or are you taking a different approach with your machine?
we are taking a different approach.. so you need to calm the fuck down turbo!

Last edited by PAM.srt4; 06-07-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to PAM.srt4 For This Useful Post:
phillyb (06-07-2010)
 Old 06-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #31
Approved MSF Vendor

www.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,675 Times in 997 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 115 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ours are apparently a bit more costly but there is a reason they sell out within 24 hours of being in stock every time we finish a production run on them

Pam - careful with 240speed3...his word is dangerous. Last company he was a huge fan boy of was raceroots haha. Also Pam - on a lighter note - tell John I met up with Tim in NY (I am from DC and he is in Maine) and we street tuned the car. I beat the hell out of it and put those new seal designs through a rigorous day of pulls. They seem to be holding well!!! Long term testing will obvious show more but so far GREAT WORK!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to www.cp-e.com For This Useful Post:
MarkyMark (06-09-2010), phillyb (06-07-2010), xcoldricex (06-09-2010)
 Old 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #32
Banned

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com View Post
Ours are apparently a bit more costly but there is a reason they sell out within 24 hours of being in stock every time we finish a production run on them

Pam - careful with 240speed3...his word is dangerous. Last company he was a huge fan boy of was raceroots haha. Also Pam - on a lighter note - tell John I met up with Tim in NY (I am from DC and he is in Maine) and we street tuned the car. I beat the hell out of it and put those new seal designs through a rigorous day of pulls. They seem to be holding well!!! Long term testing will obvious show more but so far GREAT WORK!!!
Thanks for you comment and your input CPE!
 Old 06-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #33

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

do either of you two companies have any in stock right now?
 Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #34
Approved MSF Vendor

www.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the worldwww.cp-e.com is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,675 Times in 997 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 115 Times in 51 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We finish production runs quite often. We put orders on lists and as the runs finish they ship out to those orders. To figure out stock you can call Paula (website for the #) and ask. They just sell out instantly when they are on the shelves because they have the best stats on this platform. As far as I know only 1 or 2 have failed in the 3-4 years they've been out and one was because the customer dropped it, it cracked pretty badly and the person installed it anyway.
 Old 06-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #35

AFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the worldAFcadet is the leader of the world
Groans: 4
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would go CP-e. PTP can be shady at times...for example them claiming there is a "break in period". From all my epxereince with pumps (I was one of the guys that went through 4 fucked internals from Carpe diem, etc.) with myself, and 2 other guys that have MS3s...there is no break in period.

It either works...or it doesnt. It all depends on the lubrication of the internals, and the tolerance between the piston and the sleeve. You can feel the the friction before you put the pump in the car, and I coudl tell you from how smooth it operates if its going to fail or not. I strongly believe that PTP brought up this whole "break in period" bullshit because they needed an excuse to say why their pump internals would fail (if they do).

Now if CP-e wants to chime in and tell me wrong, I'd appreciate it, but until then I'll stand by my opinion. I know CP-e has a test bench, however I believe they do that because they are very high on quality control, and realize how finicky these internals are. Not because they need to "break them in". Like I said...from all of my expereince with 7 pump internals (including CP-e), they either had the right tolerances and were correctly lubricated from the start...or they weren't. "break in" did not matter.
 Old 06-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #36

turboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond reputeturboneil has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

PTP has my vote... ive been running there internals without a problem since day one.. which was almost a year ago.. ive put over 20k miles on them since.
 Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #37
Banned

Eazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the worldEazy is the leader of the world
Thanked 24,840 Times in 504 Posts
Groans: 15
Groaned at 32 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

30k miles, over a year and I still see ~2000psi at WOT. PTP gets my vote.
 Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #38

MS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond reputeMS3_65 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 13
Groaned at 23 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ms3brendan View Post
My thoughts mirrored yours at first. I bought a PTP pump back in mid-May - it failed.
I received a full refund and bought the CPE pump. Can't explain the frustration when the PTP pump failed - my car sat in the garage for over a week. It was a disappointment and major inconvenience. The "failed" syndrome sucks ass.
The CPE pump is working great with no issues at all. I'm happy now.

COBB AP, COBB INTAKE, COBB Turbo Inlet Pipe, CP-E HPFP, CX-RACING FMIC, CP-E CATTED DP, CP-E EXHAUST, FORGE BPV, FORGE WGA, PTP PVC Restrictor Pill, Boon Turbo Bolt
 Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #39

ms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the worldms3brendan is the leader of the world
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by MS3_65 View Post
My thoughts mirrored yours at first. I bought a PTP pump back in mid-May - it failed.
I received a full refund and bought the CPE pump. Can't explain the frustration when the PTP pump failed - my car sat in the garage for over a week. It was a disappointment and major inconvenience. The "failed" syndrome sucks ass.
The CPE pump is working great with no issues at all. I'm happy now.
I most likely won't be doing this until next year since I won't be getting a TMIC + DP until then so hopefully PTP can perfect their product even more. I know they're trying and they're a good company, I don't know why their pumps randomly fail for people.
 Old 06-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #40

dizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the worlddizzin9 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,331 Times in 525 Posts
Groans: 77
Groaned at 39 Times in 27 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

whoever gives the best price... (*hint* i wanna buy a fp *hint*)

2012 FORD MUSTANG GT >>> 400A Premium _ Performance White _ 6MT _ 3.73 _ HID & Security Pkg

Koni Yellows _ Whiteline FSB & RSB _ FRPP K-Springs w/ Bump Stops, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, GT500 Strut Mounts, GT500 RCA, GT500-style AB
J&M PHB _ Eibach Camber Bolts _ Avant Garde M510 Satin Silver 19x9.5 40ET _ Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 275/40/19

Closed Thread