register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #1

Bramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Dangerously low fuel pressure. HELP!

Okay so I've been running Corksport's HPFP for about 6 months now and everything was fine. Fuel Pressure was 430 at idle and shoots up well above 1600 when I tap the gas pedal. Suddenly I'm driving last week (under 35mph) and engine suddenly starts bogging out and barely giving power when I press the gas pedal. That was quickly followed by a check engine light. Code was p0303. Misfire in cylinder #3 .

I did the easiest step first, I switched the coil pack from cylinder #1 & #3 to see if that would change the code to cylinder #1 . It did not. So I decided to change my spark plugs to the NGK's that a lot of people here have been raving about. Spark plugs were gapped between .026-.028. Now the code changed from p0303 to p0300 which is random misfires. Car still drives terrible and is now making a clicking/rattling noise when the gas is pressed.

So now I bust out the AP to do an idle log to see if anything seems unusual and suddenly my fuel pressure that was at a perfect 430 prior to this problem is now erratic and struggling to pass 100. So that's when I searched the forum and realized it might be my HPFP. I pulled it off the car to inspect it and it looks in VERY good condition. No damage to it at all. It's currently still out of the car because I want to give it a good cleaning before re-installing it.

Could someone look at my log and tell me if it might be my relief valve or spill valve. Or maybe tell me what failing HPFP internals are supposed to look like? Anything helps because I don't have money to spare right now.

Mods are in signature and Freektune'd.

PS - Prior to this issue, I've noticed that my car has been horrible on gas as well. Burning a half tank of gas in a week to drive about 5-8 miles a day. Not sure if that ties into the problem as well.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog2.csv (44.9 KB, 10 views)
CS Stage II SRI, CS RMM, Cobb AP V3, Sure Diff Mounts(both),
CS HPFP, CS TMIC, CS DP, CS RP, CS Dual VTA BPV, CS Lowering Springs

Quietly reading and learning...
Bramma is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-23-2017, 06:36 AM   #2

Bramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of lightBramma is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Bump!

Old 10-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #3

aackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the worldaackthpt is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

If you're getting that poor of fuel economy you might be evaporating the gasoline away. Have you inspected under the hood carefully while the engine was running, especially the fuel hardline between the HPFP and rail? Pretty common for that to crack and mist fuel into the engine bay, resulting in low FP, pretty rainbows and eventually a big fireball. Luckily this is an easy fix.

If the car has a rattle when you press the gas, I've heard cars with broken ringlands that sound like that. Pull the plugs and put a borescope down there to inspect the pistons ASAFP. If you caught it early enough fixing this doesn't have to cost a mint but it ain't cheap no matter how you go about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to aackthpt For This Useful Post:
Bramma (12-19-2017)
 Old 12-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #4

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Just a little update. It was the fuel relief valve. Car is back to normal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bramma For This Useful Post:
aackthpt (12-20-2017)
 Old 01-20-2018, 05:07 PM   #5

Rotareez will become famous soon enough
Not Ranked  0 score     

Glad to see you got the issue fixed! Did you happen to see if you could blow through your failing RV? Reason being, I am having the same issue and have changed everything besides RV.....It passes blow through test and KOEO build pressure too about 1000 PSI then bleeds off from there.

It would be good to know that not EVERY RV that fails allows you to blow through it like a straw.
 Old 01-23-2018, 01:30 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Rotareez View Post
Glad to see you got the issue fixed! Did you happen to see if you could blow through your failing RV? Reason being, I am having the same issue and have changed everything besides RV.....It passes blow through test and KOEO build pressure too about 1000 PSI then bleeds off from there.

It would be good to know that not EVERY RV that fails allows you to blow through it like a straw.
Yes, I was able to blow right through it like a whistle!