register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By socks

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 11-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #1

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,825 Times in 1,435 Posts
Groans: 125
Groaned at 21 Times in 20 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Dual Walbro 255lph Pump Install Pictures

So, alot of people have been asking for this, its some of the details of my Dual Walbro install.

This highlights the fuel pump side of the install. I'm not going to get into part lists, they are on here already, and I didnt do the R&D, so I'm gonna leave that to vivid if he wants detailed lists out there. You can look at the pics to see what was used.

To remove the basket without dropping the tank, you have to cut the access hole under the rear seat a little larger. Youll see pics of that at the end.

Once you get the basket out, you pretty much completely disassemble it.

This is where the pictures start. You must make a new bulkhead for each of the tanks. You'll see how i did it here:

Then, make sure to prep all your fittings well. I used russell thread seal on all the fittings, and about half of them leaked. Thus the reason i took the basket out again today, and thus the reason you now have pictures.

The pumps hold themselves in nicely. Theres a venturi system in this basket to fill the basket at low tank levels. I used the return line to feed that venturi. Stock it uses the pumps output/regulator

This is with the basket back in and the -6an lines hooked up.

Ill post how this goes from here to the engine later.

-Sean
Downmented likes this.

Last edited by socks; 11-20-2009 at 06:36 AM.
socks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to socks For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (11-19-2009), AmillieMS6 (11-20-2009), bioevolve (11-19-2009), Blackspeed (11-19-2009), djuosnteisn (11-19-2009), Downmented (07-01-2013), Fagwagon (11-19-2009), Hectik1 (12-04-2009), kore2000 (11-19-2009), madvillain (11-19-2009), MarkyMark (11-20-2009), Micha (05-12-2016), Nataphen (10-08-2011), QuickSpool (11-19-2009), rfinkle2 (10-10-2011), SpeedSixxx (11-30-2009), SSinstaller (11-19-2009)
 Old 11-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #2

SSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the worldSSinstaller is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,687 Posts
Groans: 58
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by socks View Post
So, alot of people have been asking for this, its some of the details of my Dual Walbro install.

This highlights the fuel pump side of the install. I'm not going to get into part lists, they are on here already, and I didnt do the R&D, so I'm gonna leave that to vivid if he wants detailed lists out there. You can look at the pics to see what was used.

To remove the basket without dropping the tank, you have to cut the access hole under the rear seat a little larger. Youll see pics of that at the end.

Once you get the basket out, you pretty much completely disassemble it.

This is where the pictures start. You must make a new bulkhead for each of the tanks. You'll see how i did it here:

Then, make sure to prep all your fittings well. I used russell thread seal on all the fittings, and about half of them leaked. Thus the reason i took the basket out again today, and thus the reason you now have pictures.

The pumps hold themselves in nicely. Theres a venturi system in this basket to fill the basket at low tank levels. I used the return line to feed that venturi. Stock it uses the pumps output/regulator
This is with the basket back in and the -6an lines hooked up.

Ill post how this goes from here to the engine later.

-Sean
Looks very nice.
Fully Built : Arias Pistons: Pauter Rods : ARP bolts: Ported Head: Cosworth BSD : Spec 3+ Clutch : Fidanza Flywheel : AWR Engine mounts 90duro : Custom TIP/Intake : Custom Blow Through 3.5" MAF : Custom FMIC : HKS SSQV VTA : Ported IM : Custom DP : Custom Exhaust : CPBoost Top Mount EM : Garrett GT3582R : PTP Turbo Blanket: Tial V44 EWG : Perrin EBCS : MrLilGuy/PTP HPFP : Ported fuel line : Ported Fuel Rail : Custom Ported Fuel Injectors : Kenny Bell Boost-a-Pump : HKS Twin Power DLI II : HKS M-Series Plugs : Cobb AP : AEM 3.5bar MAP :Koni Sport shocks : RPM Kspec Springs : TWM STS : TT Front Diff Mount : CPE Upper Diff Mount : Whiteline RSB : AWR Endlinks

Soon to be installed:
ST manifold w/ port injection : Raduim Engineering PCV Plate : Radium Engineering PCV valve : Radium Engineering Fuel filter : Aeromotive FPR : DCR VVT : TI Automotive F90000274 Fuel Pump : NX 15718 : Split Second AIC

SSinstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #3

socks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the worldsocks is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Oops, left out the last pic. Will add later.
 Old 11-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #4
KR....i haz it

Blackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,055 Posts
Groans: 166
Groaned at 56 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I though it was a no-no to have sealer tape on the tapered part of the fitting?

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
While the other forum is GREAT for technical/mechanical information and how to, that place is filled with single-minded (if you aren't driving fast, you're doing it wrong), arrogant, and professional douchebags.
Blackspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackspeed For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (11-19-2009)
 Old 11-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #5

flyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the worldflyrevs2 is the leader of the world
Groans: 23
Groaned at 36 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

why do you need this ? running out of fuel ?
 Old 11-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Blackspeed View Post
I though it was a no-no to have sealer tape on the tapered part of the fitting?
I threaded the fitting on one thread, and took it off, this cut that excess off...

Originally Posted by flyrevs2 View Post
why do you need this ? running out of fuel ?
No, I was running nitrous, with the nitrous i was running out of fuel, so i did this. Since, i have decided not to continue running the nitrous.

This will be nice when its time to start upping the DI pressure.

Last edited by socks; 11-19-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
socks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socks For This Useful Post:
SpeedSixxx (11-30-2009)
 Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Captain

djuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the worlddjuosnteisn is the leader of the world
Thanked 30,915 Times in 7,770 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That time should be coming soon I'll test the ckts tonight at work, and hopefully send them out tomorrow.

500awhp 440awtq uncorrected

EFR8374 ms6, no meth, 50/50 e85, and IDCs in the 90's @ 500+ awhp, with room to grow... fifth port winning.
Count down to head lift.... 3.... 2....

30r ms3 dd on deck, has fuel... needs top mount turbo lovin' next...

Check out the hair Salon:
www.permtuning.com
djuosnteisn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,561 Times in 2,807 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Nice parts.

Ive been really interested in this, its too bad that lotsa people jumped all over Vivid to the point that they dont post anymore.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #9

bmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to allbmman93 is a name known to all
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

they are very busy in there shop! they are working to get this stuff figured out. i talk to the owner of the car at least once a week and bust his balls about his car not being done
bmman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bmman93 For This Useful Post:
06Speed6 (11-19-2009)
 Old 11-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
Speeeeeed

06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world06Speed6 is the leader of the world
Thanked 14,561 Times in 2,807 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bmman93 View Post
they are very busy in there shop! they are working to get this stuff figured out. i talk to the owner of the car at least once a week and bust his balls about his car not being done
Nice, keep a fire under them for me.

P&P, flow benched, head with welded EGR and +1mm inconel exhaust valves (260/200cfm @ .500"), Web Cams, Custom crankcase breather with integrated air/oil seperator, Custom 3/4" ID pan vac system, Blow through maf, Port matched IM, CNC AN-12 ORB block oil adapter, CP-e 88mm Stage 2 pistons, Pauter 22.5mm rods, ARP main, head, and crank studs, CP-e injector seals, Injector stud kit, Cometec 88mm 5 layer HG, Deatschworks flow tested matched injectors, DCR VVT, PTP 2250psi RV, Corksport front sway, Whiteline rear sway, AWR front/rear sway links, TT FMM, AWR 70d DMM, JBR 80D PMM, SU RMM, TT FRDM, CP-e RRDM, Autotech CDFP, DW65c ITFP, Custom L/A IC with a dual pass 20x25x1.5 heat exchanger, Dual Cobra I/C pumps, 2.5" ID 700hp I/A intercooler, Custom DP, Corksport catback, Corksport exhaust hangers, chrome plated genpu valve cover, chrome plated timing cover, Spin on oil filter, Fluidyne dual pass AN-12 oil cooler, Hayden oil cooler fan controller, Dual 4.7" SPAL oil cooler fans, Canton Racing 22-480 oil tstat, Custom BMRS AN-12 oil lines, SPC ball joints, 55w/35w headlights and independently switched fogs on custom waterproof harnesses, PIAA Super Plasma driving and interior lights, rear diff cutout switch, 3M clear front cover, Volk 17x7.5 wheels, Custom tcase bearing cap upgrade, GS EBC 3 port, Redline SS hood lift, Versatune, Defi gauges, Innovate MTX-L WB gauge, triple center gauge pod, Block8head dual vent pod, Redline shift boot & ebrake cover & arm rest cover, Mazdaspeed CF ebrake handle, SBC Full Face Feramic Clutch Disc, Dashawk, ACL rod bearings, King main bearings, Cosworth BSD, Custom windage tray, Holset HX35w, Creative Performance T3 EWG manifold, HKS VTA BOV, A1 H11 head studs, Hylomar HG sealant, SSP EGR delete plate, JBR EGR IM plug, JGS 40mm Race EWG

06Speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Last pic added.

Also, you can hear these pumps.

I was a bit concerned with cutting the hole bigger under the seat. I knew i'd lose the plate that covers it. I thought it would cause excess road noise to enter the cabin. With a seat in there though, there really is no difference, other than the pump noises, which are minimal.

Once im SURE everything is situated, i might weld the piece i cut out back in, so that i can use the plate. Im not sure if i even care to though. It concerns me more to have a welder right over the tank than it does to not have that plate there.
 Old 11-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #12

Sport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the worldSport6 is the leader of the world
Groans: 5
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

My buddy just did a single install on his big turbo Saab and had to make the hole larger in the backseat too. He riveted a piece of sheet metal back over it after the fact.

Nice install though, good to know it works if needed.
Sport6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #13
KR....i haz it

Blackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the worldBlackspeed is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,055 Posts
Groans: 166
Groaned at 56 Times in 41 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

^^^either do that or just use some good ol' JB weld

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
While the other forum is GREAT for technical/mechanical information and how to, that place is filled with single-minded (if you aren't driving fast, you're doing it wrong), arrogant, and professional douchebags.
Blackspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #14
Approved MSF Vendor

DevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the worldDevilsOwn is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

good write up. I just want to point out that an fittings are not suposta have any teflon tape or paste used on them. They are intended to be a dry seal. npt threads side of the fittings howerver must use it.

DevilsOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #15

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by DevilsOwn View Post
good write up. I just want to point out that an fittings are not suposta have any teflon tape or paste used on them. They are intended to be a dry seal. npt threads side of the fittings howerver must use it.

I used this. it leaked at about half the fittings. I took it apart, cleaned them up, and put thread tape, not a single one of them leaks now. I cut the tape off the tapered part of the fittings, so i think its in good shape now.

-Sean
 Old 11-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #16

Speedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the world
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Sorry for ignorance. I don't know what I'm looking at, I haven't worked on the fuel pump as yet. But, I understand from the writeup that the pump(s) are in a "basket" under the rear seat. So, I guess you pull the rear seat. Then, you cut the hole bigger with some kind of jig saw. Hopefully you can see well enough to not cut anything accidentally?

There is a reference to "tanks" and "dual fuel pumps". Huh? Wha? We got two fuel tanks and two pumps? I'm not getting this at all.

I see more than one pump at Summit Racing described as being 255 LPH. There is a reference to a possible parts list by Vivid. Any links/details?
Speedie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speedie6 View Post
Sorry for ignorance. I don't know what I'm looking at, I haven't worked on the fuel pump as yet. But, I understand from the writeup that the pump(s) are in a "basket" under the rear seat. So, I guess you pull the rear seat. Then, you cut the hole bigger with some kind of jig saw. Hopefully you can see well enough to not cut anything accidentally?

There is a reference to "tanks" and "dual fuel pumps". Huh? Wha? We got two fuel tanks and two pumps? I'm not getting this at all.

I see more than one pump at Summit Racing described as being 255 LPH. There is a reference to a possible parts list by Vivid. Any links/details?
we only have 1 pump stock but sean upgraded to two pumps using the stock basket. that basket sits in the gas tank and sucks up fuel to feed the CDFP.

sean why dont u just get some sheet metal and cut it to size and screw it back in around the hole? that way if u have a problem u can still access it and dont needa worry about shit getting up in there from the bottom.
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #18

Speedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the worldSpeedie6 is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
we only have 1 pump stock but sean upgraded to two pumps using the stock basket.
Huh. I know our DI has unique fueling needs. But, do we really need two 255 lph pumps? How much fuel can we use, at, say 350 WHP? Or even 400 if anyone has got there? I know this is the low pressure pump, but, what is the goal for the PSI on this? ETA: what are the specs on the stock pump?

Originally Posted by superskaterxes View Post
sean why dont u just get some sheet metal and cut it to size and screw it back in around the hole? that way if u have a problem u can still access it and dont needa worry about shit getting up in there from the bottom.
+1 If I do this mod, I'll do that.
 Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #19
Must Have Teh 10's!

superskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the worldsuperskaterxes is the leader of the world
Thanked 21,013 Times in 5,264 Posts
Groans: 101
Groaned at 138 Times in 95 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

i guess after going through all that work u might as well do 2 pumps then 1 cause it doesent cost that much more and the fuel is always there if u need it later down the line.
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Black Mica #4126
KILLAH Built/SPEED PERF6RMANC3 (SP) 10.6:1 Pistons ~ SP 11mm H11 Head Studs ~ K1 rods ~ SP CNC Head Work ~ Crower 65lb Valve Springs ~ Fully Keyed/Pinned Motor ~ GTX35R w/Tial .82AR Hotside ~ JMF IM w/1000cc PI Injectors ~ SP 75mm TB ~ SP In-Tank FP w/Dual DW300's ~ AEM FPR ~ SP Custom PI Fuel kit ~ CPE 4" MAF ~ CPE SAFEseals ~ TR1035 FMIC ~ CPE Atmosphere DP/Ex Manifold/Oil/Water Lines ~ Tial MV-R EWG VTA'd ~ Denso ITV-24's ~ CPE Dual CBE ~ CPE BT TIP ~ CPE RMM ~ JBR TMM ~ JBR PMM ~ TTFMM ~ CPE RDM ~ Sonic Tuning CO's ~ LED Tails ~ Sonic Tuning HID's ~ Whiteline RSB ~ ACT 6 Puck w/unicorn dust
First K04 in the 12's
First MS6 in the 11's
Certified RichTune E-Tuner
superskaterxes is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #20

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Speedie6 View Post
Huh. I know our DI has unique fueling needs. But, do we really need two 255 lph pumps? How much fuel can we use, at, say 350 WHP? Or even 400 if anyone has got there? I know this is the low pressure pump, but, what is the goal for the PSI on this? ETA: what are the specs on the stock pump?

+1 If I do this mod, I'll do that.
The stock pump is somewhere between 155 and 200lph.

I was running a wet nitrous kit, and running out of fuel at 430ish wheel hp.

i went with two, in all honesty, because 1 doesnt fit in there securely. 2 hold eachother in. lol.

plus, that gives me ALOT of headroom on that end.

I'm running 80psi in the low pressure system.
 Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #21

Not Ranked  0 score     

I was running a wet nitrous kit, and running out of fuel at 430ish wheel hp.
Shit! I didn't know anybody getting those kinds of numbers. Nor did I know anybody was running NOS. Stock block?

i went with two, in all honesty, because 1 doesnt fit in there securely. 2 hold eachother in. lol.

plus, that gives me ALOT of headroom on that end.

I'm running 80psi in the low pressure system.
Well, yeah, you should have plenty of headroom. When you run the two pumps, do they double the PSI?
 Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #22

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

No, you run a fuel pressure regulator to get desired pressure.

No, my motor is built, and 8.8:1 compression.
 Old 11-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #23

Not Ranked  0 score     

No, you run a fuel pressure regulator to get desired pressure.
Ah, okay.

No, my motor is built, and 8.8:1 compression.
Cool.
 Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #24

aminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond reputeaminzer has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

another reason this kit was designed was because us at vivid currently have a speed 3 that were buiilding with a secondary port injection rail, so we were gonna need the added fuel pressure for those injectors
aminzer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #25

Jarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the worldJarods7920 is the leader of the world
Groans: 8
Groaned at 26 Times in 8 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Socks do you know what the line pressure is comming out of the pumps? I am about to spray a 100 wet on my car along with an upgraded turbo. Also do you have any pics of the set up, up to the engine?
Jarods7920 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #26

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I dont know the pressure out of the pumps. I do know its easily over 100psi.

I have it regulated down to 80.

I dont have pics, ill try to take some. car is a hot mess right now waiting for a new manifold and downpipe.

-Sean
 Old 12-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #27

aviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the worldaviator79 is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,064 Posts
Groans: 67
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

To remove the basket did you use the tool or somethin else? I just learned the tool actually presses on some tabs so that the "nut" can be rotated. Any insight on that?
I cant find the info on what pumps. You said is on here but I cant find it...
MS6 - BNRs3 - Cobb AP - JBR Tru-3.0 - Spearco FMIC - MAC EBCS - Synapse BOV - DNP - CPE DP->MF - SU RRM - TTFMM - TT + CPE Diff Mounts - Mrlilguy HPFP - Projector HID fogs - TSX projector retrofit - LI jammers - Advan RZs w/ 245 PSSs - Koni - WL RSB
aviator79 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #28

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

necrobumped for all the recent discussion on this topic

Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
To remove the basket did you use the tool or somethin else? I just learned the tool actually presses on some tabs so that the "nut" can be rotated. Any insight on that?
I cant find the info on what pumps. You said is on here but I cant find it...
actually, i used a hammer and big flathead. those "tabs" will bend over backwards multiple times before ever breaking off. i question how effective they would be in preventing the "nut" from backing off anyways. I never had an issue, just made sure the lid was on as tight as it came off.
 Old 10-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #29

essejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the worldessejkcamraw is the leader of the world
Groans: 47
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I don't know how I ever missed this thread but, this should come in handy for me very soon
 Old 02-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #30

eroler1 is a jewel in the rougheroler1 is a jewel in the rougheroler1 is a jewel in the rough
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Holy thread revival, apologies, but how was the Venturi setup again? So the stock feed line is going back inside connected to the metal rod that is in the side of the basket right? And inside the hose that is connected inside the stock feed have a looks like a tee fitting? In the middle of the pump? Trying to copy this setup but confused right now
eroler1 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f303/dual-walbro-255lph-pump-install-pictures-42667/
Posted By For Type Date
Mazda6 / Atenza > Anyone replace an in-tank fuel pump? This thread Refback 12-22-2009 04:15 PM
Anyone replace an in-tank fuel pump? - Mazda6 / Atenza This thread Refback 12-22-2009 10:02 AM