register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 10-26-2015, 10:14 PM   #1

Cdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Erratic Hpfp Psi during Pull

Ive been starting to tinker with my Cobb Pulling some logs for Maf Cali and Looked at my HPFP PSI and it varies wildly, My Afr's don't seem to be too effected by it.

Is this a Normal Looking output? or should i be hunting for something wrong. Log is attached

the car is a 07 Speed6 131,000 kms with a Corksport short ram and turbo inlet

Thanks guys
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog4.csv (7.9 KB, 16 views)
Cdnspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-26-2015, 10:26 PM   #2

phillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

you should look into what means what on a log.
phillyb hates me! is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-26-2015, 10:35 PM   #3

Cdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond reputeCdnspeed6 has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm Looking at HPFP Act. Press

using the Virtual Dyno Datalogger
 Old 10-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #4

phillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond reputephillyb hates me! has a reputation beyond repute
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

yeah, i know...

Originally Posted by phillyb hates me! View Post
you should look into what means what on a log.
op needs to look into what MEANS what on a log.
in other words, op.
you need to learn the rest of the values on your log.
when your pedal is at 99%, what's your fuel pressure doing?
when your afr is over 14 (why 14? look it up), what's your fuel pressure doing?
what's your pedal doing?

Last edited by phillyb hates me!; 10-26-2015 at 10:39 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
phillyb hates me! is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 10-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #5

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I understand what does what I've tuned Haltechs megasquirts and Hondata I'm not familiar with Direct injection Fuel pressures and How they Should look.

Fuel pressure swinging like this does not look normal to me. This was During A Wot Pull in 3rd gear, I can Add in the other parts I was logging.

Last edited by Cdnspeed6; 10-26-2015 at 10:48 PM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
 Old 10-26-2015, 11:08 PM   #6

tegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the worldtegxsi is the leader of the world
Groans: 87
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

As long as it's over 1600psi at WOT you are fine. Fuel demands will increase when you start modding and cranking up the boost. That's when you need HPFP upgrade. The forum has plenty of information about almost anything already.
You need to figure out your knock issue.
tegxsi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tegxsi For This Useful Post:
Cdnspeed6 (10-27-2015)
 Old 10-27-2015, 12:42 AM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks Tegxsi, I'm going to get my Maf calibrated and go from there
 Old 10-27-2015, 04:23 AM   #8

g00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the worldg00s3y is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,167 Times in 964 Posts
Groans: 438
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Knock is most likely from early spool, and because OP is still running stock map values, that's why it is so slow to decay. Other than that, log looks ok for a stock car, MAF values seem to be a little off while cruising/idle.

Also, you don't want to start a log at 2k rpm, especially when you don't know what you are doing. There is a ton of information on this board, about fuel pressures and all, I highly suggest you do some reading, and a majority of the questions you might have, will be answered.
Cdnspeed6 (10-27-2015), Vansquish (10-27-2015), WetzMS3 (10-27-2015)
 Old 10-27-2015, 05:02 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks again, I started the log down low just to see where the tune was at the Maf values were out quite abit i've got it dialed in abit more now.

I have done quite abit of reading on the high pressure fuel system just to get more familiar with it I just found a 100psi swing Odd and figured i would ask.

it doesn't seem to afr too much and the ecu didnt try to adjust pulse width for it.