register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 05-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #1

Burton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond repute
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fuel Pressure Drop/Cut

So on Sunday I did a 2nd gear pull, everything seemed great then hit 3rd gear to pull throw 3rd as well and BAM felt like I hit a brick wall... Car was driving fine never threw a code idle was great. First thing I thought was fuel cut! So I started monitoring my fuel pressure and everything seemed ok. Got on the freeway and pulled in 3rd again and "hit the wall" again. This time I had the FP up on the AP and the lowest it hit was 54... I just had my PTP internals put in a week or so/400 miles ago and tuned to 1850psi. Now after this pull I immediately pulled over to check under the hood and everything was fine(no leaks). Began driving the car and it was sputtering and fuel pressure wouldn't hold up during normal driving so I thought shit fuel pump internals. After driving for about a minute of sputtering it stopped sputtering and drove fine. Didn't dare going WOT again though. Put the stock pump in and went back to 1650psi. Now I'm still getting a pressure drop during WOT but I'm not "hitting the wall" like I was, it'll just slowly drop down to 1100 is the lowest I've let it before letting off. Any ideas? I've included a couple logs with the stock pump dropping pressure. Seems like it'll drop sometimes and other times holds just fine. I'm stumped...
Log 1

Log 2

Log 3

http://www.facebook.com/TAILORED.FAM
Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #2

Boost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the worldBoost Addict is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,591 Times in 505 Posts
Groans: 41
Groaned at 50 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I would take apart the fuel pump and re-assemble the internals, somethings not right.
2008.5 BM MS3 // Cobb AP V3// JBR 3.5" WP Full Intake // CXRacing Piping/Godspeed Core // CNT 3" Catted Downpipe // Custom 3" CBE // KMD v2.1 Fuel Pump Internals // Turbosmart Dual Port BOV // Airlift Suspension // Corksport Skid Plate // JBR 88Duro Dogbone RMM // JBR SSP // SURE AGS Knob // Denso ITV22 // STACK Boost Gauge // DDM 6k Low HID's // CP-e Towplate // 15% Tint // 18x10 Blitz Type 03

FREEKTUNE
Boost Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #3

Dmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the worldDmurray06 is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,621 Posts
Groans: 189
Groaned at 64 Times in 21 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Buy Autotechs :-)

Dmurray06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #4

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,282 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

did u post up on utahmazdas bout this? if so i didnt see it. u prob fucked ur relief valve commanding 1850psi. even cobb started staying at the 1660psi for all their maps because the stock relief valve seemed to crap out with the increase in pressure, especially if it spikes. james went thru this whole thing, like 3 sets of internals, a cpe pump, and couldnt figure it out for a while.

turn ur car keys to the on position and monitor fp while the car is off, if ur relief valve is good it should go right up to 1700psi, if its bad it will stay around 50
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snailD For This Useful Post:
Black Metal (05-31-2012), Burton (06-01-2012), Snyeed (05-31-2012)
 Old 05-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #5

Burton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond reputeBurton has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm also using 2 different pumps but I'm thinking it's the relief valve as well. I'll try Snails advice brb

Alright, turned the car to the on position and pressure stayed at about 51-54 so definitely sounds like it's the relief valve?

Old 05-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #6

snailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the worldsnailD is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,282 Posts
Groans: 20
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Burton View Post
I'm also using 2 different pumps but I'm thinking it's the relief valve as well. I'll try Snails advice brb

Alright, turned the car to the on position and pressure stayed at about 51-54 so definitely sounds like it's the relief valve?
yeah thats your issue. you spiked into the 2000 too much with the ptps commanding 1850psi. BUT ptp makes a good upgraded relief valve. check their site. this doesnt mean u can go flooring the car again. get that shit fixed
[443/409]SAE CORRECTED -------------245 DZ102 / 245 NT01
snailD is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 05-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #7

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also forgot to mention fuel pressure is normal at idle. Stays around 430ish..