register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 12-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #1

ian209 will become famous soon enoughian209 will become famous soon enough
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Fuel Pressure Low When Cold and P0300

Hey All,

Having some issues with my 08 MS3. After leaving my car overnight and turning the key to the on position in the morning, my cobb AP reads around 10-12 PSI HPFP actual pressure. I just changed the fuel pressure relief valve last night and it's still having the same issue. I'm also getting a P0300 code that I'm guessing is related to this as well, because the CEL comes on for P0300 mostly after a cold start. My fuel mileage on the car is also very poor (I get around 350-400kms or around 250miles a tank, which is way worse than it use to be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian.
ian209 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-08-2018, 06:25 AM   #2

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,235 Posts
Groans: 111
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ian209 View Post
After leaving my car overnight and turning the key to the on position in the morning, my cobb AP reads around 10-12 PSI HPFP actual pressure.
It's not uncommon for the in-tank pumps to fail or have the filter clogged. You will have to drop the tank and check the in-tank pump, and eventually change the filter if not the whole pump assembly.

My fuel mileage on the car is also very poor (I get around 350-400kms or around 250miles a tank, which is way worse than it use to be.
At what average speed?
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.
StratiVersaTuned FTW to 28PSI, self-tuned to 32PSI

2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7 6 Speed Manual
SU TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Cobb XLE, Cobb EBCS, CorkSport 3.5BAR MAP
GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
TheSpeedLine Top and Lower Strut bars
self-Versatuned to 22PSI

Last edited by mituc; 12-08-2018 at 06:25 AM. Reason: MSF Database - Automerged Doublepost
mituc is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-08-2018, 09:05 AM   #3

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

At around 50-100km/hr, city driving. Forgot to mention that my fuel pressure is fine once the car starts up and I'm driving. I get around 400-450 PSI at idle and up to 1800ish at WOT. I'm also running autotech internals.
 Old 12-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #4

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 22
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What fuel are you running?
What sparkplugs?
What are they gapped to?
Done a compression/leakdown recently?
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, ITV22, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Rear Russian Bushings, Poly FSB Bushings
Magnaflow CBE, ACT 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/OCC/PCV Plate
Other rides:
2014 F-150 XLT SuperCrew Ecoboost
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (13.467 @ 105.44)
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-10-2018, 07:24 AM   #5

mituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the worldmituc is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

At around 50-100km/hr, city driving.
There's absolutely no phoking way you get average speed of 50-100Kmph in city even with a police helicopter! No way! Not on this planet, in whatever city at your choosing on any continent.

Ok, so city driving... your mileage seems fine to me. In city driving these cars average about 13-15l/100km (15-19mpg) so a fuel tank of 55 litres (14.5 gallons) mean 300-350ish kms.
So if you touch 400kms with a tank (meaning an average of 12.5l/100) in 100% city driving it means that the traffic in your city is very well organized. Congrats to your city major!
Bilstein B12 + CS Camber plates + Eibach camber arms, SSR Type-F, Michelin PS4 225/40/R18, Cobb RMM, StopTech Street Pads + Stoptech Slotted disks, SouthBend Enduro Stage3 clutch, genpu TMM + CS Insert, TheSpeedLine 2X Rear Cross Floor and Rear Middle Lower Strut bars, Tanabe 4 Point Under Brace, Whiteline Bumpsteeer corection kit
JBR Tru-3" + CS CAI Box, SU TMIC, Cobb XLE, NGK LTR7IX, UR v3 catted DP and res&catted TP, Cobb CatBack, GS EBCS, Autotech internals, GTX3071, CS 3.5BAR, Guardian Angel, CoolingMist WMI, VCTS Delete, stock ported IM
SP63 87.5mm 4032 9.5:1 pistons, Manley rods, CA625+ head studs, Clevite AL main bearings, King rod bearings, CP-e safe seals, DCR VVT, Koyorad radiator.

GTX2867R gen2, stock spark plugs, stock cats and stock exhaust FTW, JBR Tru-3" Silicone intake
self-Versatuned to 22PSI
 Old 12-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So I think the fuel pressure relief valve fixed the hard starting issue, I don't seem to get it anymore. But the weird thing is when the car warms up a bit and reaches it's idle RPM (950ish), it starts misfiring. But during normal driving and WOT, there are no misfires. I've attached an idle log, looks like my fuel trims are off. Would this cause the misfires? Waiting for a new map from Justin @freektune to see if this could be a problem.

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
What fuel are you running?
What sparkplugs?
What are they gapped to?
Done a compression/leakdown recently?
NGK Stock Heat Range plugs, gapped to .027ish.
I haven't done a compression/leakdown but I think it would be safe to assume that it should be fine because I just got the Corksport Dankai 1 motor installed a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
There's absolutely no phoking way you get average speed of 50-100Kmph in city even with a police helicopter! No way! Not on this planet, in whatever city at your choosing on any continent.

Ok, so city driving... your mileage seems fine to me. In city driving these cars average about 13-15l/100km (15-19mpg) so a fuel tank of 55 litres (14.5 gallons) mean 300-350ish kms.
So if you touch 400kms with a tank (meaning an average of 12.5l/100) in 100% city driving it means that the traffic in your city is very well organized. Congrats to your city major!

It's Kilometers/hr, not KiloMiles/Hr lol.
Attached Files
File Type: csv idle.csv (37.1 KB, 1 views)
08.5 MS3 - Corksport Dankai 1 Engine, Corksport Turbo + EBCS + 3.5 BAR MAP Sensor + TMIC, Damond Engine Mounts + EGR Delete, LuK Clutch + Fidanza Flywheel, Autotech HPFP, JBR TIP + SRI, NGK Spark Plugs + O2 sensors, Eonon Headunit, Mapletech 6.5in Component Speakers, JL Audio 10w0 Subwoofer, Rockville 4 Channel Amp, Scosche 2 Channel Bridged Amp.
 Old 12-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #7

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Fuel trims being off won't cause misfires.
How cold is it where you're at?
Does it misfire during idle when the engine is warmed up or only at cold start?
With a new engine, you might still be in the engine break-in phase. Rings might need more time to seat.
How many miles do you have on it?
Other rides:
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
 Old 12-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #8

Thor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the worldThor Hammer is the leader of the world
Groans: 211
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Hey All,

Having some issues with my 08 MS3. After leaving my car overnight and turning the key to the on position in the morning, my cobb AP reads around 10-12 PSI HPFP actual pressure. I just changed the fuel pressure relief valve last night and it's still having the same issue. I'm also getting a P0300 code that I'm guessing is related to this as well, because the CEL comes on for P0300 mostly after a cold start. My fuel mileage on the car is also very poor (I get around 350-400kms or around 250miles a tank, which is way worse than it use to be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian.
We know that the in tank pump is capable of 40 psi. What happens if it sits for a couple hours after running and you then turn on the key and watch the pressure? I've never tried this so don't know what the characteristics of just in tank pressure is after sitting overnight or warm.

Yet you say once you start the car you have a normal fuel pressure reading. So what's the problem? If the ITFP was shot/clogged then I doubt all would be ok at idle and while driving. Have you looked up code P0300? What is it?

Does the misfire sound make the engine stumble at a consistent rate or does it just sound rough? Does the idle fluctuate? Check for vacuum and boost leaks. Vacuum leaks will cause a rough idle at times.

Any other codes related to the assumed misfire?
2007 MS6- H&R Coilovers/ C-PE Catted DP/Corksport HPFP Internals/ AEM CAI/ ETS TMIC/ CPE Austenite Dual CBE/ CPE TIH/ Synapse Synchronic/ Freektuned/ AP Short Shifter/ AWR RMM and OEM TMM with CS Inserts/ Southbend Stage 2 Endurance/Stop Tech Slotted Rear and DBA T3 4000 Series Front with EBC Reds/CPE xFlex Rear Diff Mount/ Whiteline Rear Sway Bar/DSS Level 2.9 Rear Axles
Thor Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #9

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
Fuel trims being off won't cause misfires.
How cold is it where you're at?
Does it misfire during idle when the engine is warmed up or only at cold start?
With a new engine, you might still be in the engine break-in phase. Rings might need more time to seat.
How many miles do you have on it?
It's generally a few degrees Celsius below zero here. It only happens after the engine is warmed up. I've already put over 10,000kms on the new engine with 4 oil changes. It initially wasn't misfiring for the first several thousand kms, but after the 4th oil change (using AMSoil boosted XL 10w40) it started happening. The first 3 oil changes were using Driven RB40 break-in oil.

Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
We know that the in tank pump is capable of 40 psi. What happens if it sits for a couple hours after running and you then turn on the key and watch the pressure? I've never tried this so don't know what the characteristics of just in tank pressure is after sitting overnight or warm.

Yet you say once you start the car you have a normal fuel pressure reading. So what's the problem? If the ITFP was shot/clogged then I doubt all would be ok at idle and while driving. Have you looked up code P0300? What is it?

Does the misfire sound make the engine stumble at a consistent rate or does it just sound rough? Does the idle fluctuate? Check for vacuum and boost leaks. Vacuum leaks will cause a rough idle at times.

Any other codes related to the assumed misfire?
It stumbles randomly at idle (makes some "pop pop" noises out of the exhaust). Idle barely fluctuates. I will try to bring it to the shop to get a vacuum leak test done. No other codes, other than the random misfire p0300.
08.5 MS3 - Corksport Dankai 1 Engine, Corksport Turbo + EBCS + 3.5 BAR MAP Sensor + TMIC, Damond Engine Mounts + EGR Delete, LuK Clutch + Fidanza Flywheel, Autotech HPFP, JBR TIP + SRI, NGK Spark Plugs + O2 sensors, Eonon Headunit, Mapletech 6.5in Component Speakers, JL Audio 10w0 Subwoofer, Rockville 4 Channel Amp, Scosche 2 Channel Bridged Amp.
 Old 12-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #10

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

have you checked for injector leaks ? when you stop the car from iddling, hpfp pressure should raise and stay high for a while. IF it drop back down quickly, it could be a leaking injector...
That injector flood 1 cylinder when you start it back cold and it takes some times to dry out and recover from being flooded.

Check your plugs too, I found the stock fomoco was working better on very cold whether than an ebay set of itv22. I never confirmed if it was a bad set of plugs but it was strange. They worked well once hot but missfiring at cold...I finally rebuild and switch them for another set of new itv22 and the new engine and plug wasn't doing it. I got my injector cleaned and everything so i can't confirm what it was really.

2007 rusted Speed6... in progress...
1993 Ford Probe KLZE 143dB
2012 Mazda3 Gs-sky 6.5l/100 when transporting speed parts
1989 GM 6.2 diesel pickup
Wife drive 2010 CX7

2007 speed3 burned (i'm proud to ran 12.7s with it)

...Because French Canadian...

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
Jeff23spl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 12-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #11

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
have you checked for injector leaks ? when you stop the car from iddling, hpfp pressure should raise and stay high for a while. IF it drop back down quickly, it could be a leaking injector...
That injector flood 1 cylinder when you start it back cold and it takes some times to dry out and recover from being flooded.

Check your plugs too, I found the stock fomoco was working better on very cold whether than an ebay set of itv22. I never confirmed if it was a bad set of plugs but it was strange. They worked well once hot but missfiring at cold...I finally rebuild and switch them for another set of new itv22 and the new engine and plug wasn't doing it. I got my injector cleaned and everything so i can't confirm what it was really.
I think that's what's happening. My fuel pressure drops considerably fast when I turn the car off.
 Old 12-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #12

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ya, you have a leak somewhere. Not necessarily the injectors as there are many places that can leak.
Other rides:
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen
 Old 12-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #13

Not Ranked  0 score     

It's Kilometers/hr, not KiloMiles/Hr lol.
Kmph is kilometers per hour, mph is miles per hour. I know what I'm saying man...

About your idle log, the fuel pressure looks good, you're around 400 PSI which is where the fuel pressure is supposed to be at idle.
Your MAF cal is a bit off in that area but it's not very bad.

self-Versatuned to 22PSI
 Old 12-12-2018, 05:34 AM   #14

Jeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the worldJeff23spl is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

here we use km/h ...

Wife drive 2010 CX7

If you check for leaks and you didn't made a test under compressor pressure, you aren't done checking for leaks....
 Old 12-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #15

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Jeff23spl View Post
here we use km/h ...
Yes, but even 50Kmph average city speed is a bit too high

self-Versatuned to 22PSI
 Old 12-13-2018, 08:00 AM   #16

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by mituc View Post
Yes, but even 50Kmph average city speed is a bit too high
i agree, is it coming from ecm computed speed or from what he think he do...?

On non performance forum, i often read young peoples complaining about poor fuel economy vs printed specs. When i ask about their average speed, they think they do well but when they look at the logged numbers, they understand it may not be mechanic....
My personal rating is:
Above 70, you do pretty well with highway driving, you may get close to specs.
50-70 it could either be very nice city driving or poor mixed/higway driving but it will give something toward city fuel economy.
and below 50, take the worst fuel economy spec and add 1l/100km or more accordingly.

Wife drive 2010 CX7