register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 09-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #1

blam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Gas Fill Issue - Evap Hose?

I've had this issue since June. Gas filler stops every tenth of a gallon like the tank is full. I've read it may be a clogged evap hose. I pulled the fender liner and checked the canister by the filler neck. There isn't anything there that looks like it need to be unclogged. I also looked at the rear subframe and saw hoses going into the charcoal canister.

Which hose should I be trying to unclog? I found this diagram from an MS6 and am not sure if the MS3 is different. Any input would be great. Car runs fine otherwise, just a pita to fill up. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png MS6_evap_system1.png (234.8 KB, 115 views)

1996 Acura Integra HB Sold
1998 Acura Integra GSR Sedan Sold
2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

Cobb AP SRI TIP // CNT DP // JBR SSP Bushings Knob RSB // CPE TMM // SU TMIC // AT INTERNALS // MD OCC RMM // NGK // Bilstein B8 // Swift Springs // Evo 9 wheels // SPC camber arms

Freek tuned 91 and 3 gal E85
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #2

Code Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the worldCode Monkey is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,780 Times in 3,855 Posts
Groans: 17
Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

What if you disconnect the hose where it is marked "3/4" here?

This way you should be VTA. Now if you try to refill, if it is still hard you know the problem is toward the charcoal canister, if the gas flows then it must be that the air filter side is fucked.

2017 Subaru BRZ
MCS TT1 coilovers|Brembo BBK|6UL 17x9|Trofeo R|ACE 350|flex fuel|Delicious tuned
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Code Monkey For This Useful Post:
blam1 (09-10-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #3

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,522 Times in 1,763 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blam1 View Post
I've had this issue since June. Gas filler stops every tenth of a gallon like the tank is full. I've read it may be a clogged evap hose. I pulled the fender liner and checked the canister by the filler neck. There isn't anything there that looks like it need to be unclogged. I also looked at the rear subframe and saw hoses going into the charcoal canister.

Which hose should I be trying to unclog? I found this diagram from an MS6 and am not sure if the MS3 is different. Any input would be great. Car runs fine otherwise, just a pita to fill up. Thanks.
Are you that guy that keeps trying to pump more gas even after the pump shuts off?
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btstarcher For This Useful Post:
breakfstincluded (09-10-2014), UnknownSuperhero (09-10-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #4

UnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the worldUnknownSuperhero is the leader of the world
Thanked 5,181 Times in 1,272 Posts
Groans: 26
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

UnknownSuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnknownSuperhero For This Useful Post:
blam1 (09-10-2014), btstarcher (09-10-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #5

5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world5doorsoffury is the leader of the world
Groans: 74
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I had this problem on my 98 Altima ( The gas pump stopped pumping every 1/10 of a gallon even when fully empty).

My evap purge solonoid on the charcoal canister was stuck closed (from corrosion). If i held the gas nozzle out of the fill hole a bit so it wouldn't stop it would just overflow.

Perhaps #4 in your diagram could be the culprate.
PTE 5858 Vband .82ar // Tial EWG // CPE Mani // 3" Turboback // JBR Under route hot pipe // MD ST mani+spacer with PI // Siemens 60lb Injectors // Splitsecond inj controller // JBR 88 duro RMM/TMM // MD PMM // TWM Full replacement shifter // JBR CC // Autotech FP Internals // SP63 SB/Manley rods SP63 pro pistons // Treadstone FMIC TR824 // FoMoCo Tranny Jizz // South Bend Clutch Stage 3 enduro// GFB Respons // FJ 4" intake // WMI 100% VPM1 // Air Lift 1000 in rear // N2MB WOT BOX
Rfinkle tune in progress

The Brooklyn beater: 2005 1.8 Auto Sentra

5doorsoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5doorsoffury For This Useful Post:
blam1 (09-10-2014), btstarcher (09-10-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #6

btstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the worldbtstarcher is the leader of the world
Thanked 3,522 Times in 1,763 Posts
Groans: 112
Groaned at 38 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

It also happens when you.......

Wait for it..........

Top it off.
JBR 3.5" whale penis intake, HTP polished battery tray, PnP stock intake manifold w/VCTS delete (by Kmac), Corksport TMIC, Forge V2 BPV, JBR TIG's, Kozmic EGR delete, Cobb AP, PTP HPFP internals, stock TBE w/gutted cats, JBR RMM, SU PMM and TMM, Koni Yellow Sport struts, Swift springs, Tri Point Engineering RSB, Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, PTP Injector Seals, GenPu transmission, Fidanza flywheel, 3 BAR MAP sensor, Posifab 10.5:1 CR 88mm sexy pistons, Molnar rods, sleeved block, PTP BSD

SnailTune in progress
btstarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btstarcher For This Useful Post:
blam1 (09-10-2014), UnknownSuperhero (09-10-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #7

blam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the worldblam1 is the leader of the world
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Thanks I'll try both.
@btstarcher; I am that guy that clicks the filler 100+ times per fillup, 1/10 of a gallon at a time from empty. Someone inside is probably thinking WTF is this guy doing?

Are you that someone?

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

Cobb AP SRI TIP // CNT DP // JBR SSP Bushings Knob RSB // CPE TMM // SU TMIC // AT INTERNALS // MD OCC RMM // NGK // Bilstein B8 // Swift Springs // Evo 9 wheels // SPC camber arms

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blam1 For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (09-10-2014), UnknownSuperhero (09-10-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #8

darthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by btstarcher View Post
It also happens when you.......

Wait for it..........

Top it off.
My Gen Pu does not take anywhere near the rated tank capacity unless I top it off. If I fill till the pump shuts off from empty I only get 11 gallons and about 230 miles of range. If I top off I get 15 gallons in and about 310 miles of range. It has been that way since I bought it, so I top it off.

Of course no matter how hard I top it off I never get the range Mazda published for the car.

darthxar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #9

ALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the world
Groans: 13
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Check the cv solenoid. (Pull the whole canister out) Usually if it locks up it's hard to fill the tank. Any check engine light?

Another one I found was a angry exgf that put shit into the tank (attempted to) the rollover valve saved it all in the filler neck.
 Old 09-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #10

Chron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the worldChron is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by darthxar View Post
My Gen Pu does not take anywhere near the rated tank capacity unless I top it off. If I fill till the pump shuts off from empty I only get 11 gallons and about 230 miles of range. If I top off I get 15 gallons in and about 310 miles of range. It has been that way since I bought it, so I top it off.

Of course no matter how hard I top it off I never get the range Mazda published for the car.
SMH..... That's because your tank is never bone dry when you fill it. There is supposed to be an air pocket in your tank. I will never understand why people feel the need to cram every last drop of gas into their tank. Don't complain if you have to replace your charcoal canister because you keep flooding it with gas.
CorkSport: 3" Power Series Intake, TP, CBE, RMM, TMM Insert, RSB, Front Control Arm Bar, ECU Relocation Box, Short Shifter, Leather Shift Knob, Hood Struts, Exhaust Hangers, LED Fog Lights, Interior LEDs
Other: AutoTech HPFP, ETS TMIC, Cobb AP, Morimoto 3five 4500k HIDs
CorkSport Whore
Stratified Tuned
Chron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chron For This Useful Post:
btstarcher (09-10-2014), sidekick (09-12-2014)
 Old 09-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #11

darthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the worlddarthxar is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Chron View Post
SMH..... That's because your tank is never bone dry when you fill it. There is supposed to be an air pocket in your tank. I will never understand why people feel the need to cram every last drop of gas into their tank. Don't complain if you have to replace your charcoal canister because you keep flooding it with gas.
Fair enough, I know that topping off can cause issues with the evap system, but having to fill up every couple hundred miles when you are supposed to have a 15.9 gallon tank is annoying. Especially when hand calculated mileage is 20MPG and you should be getting 300 miles out of 15 gallons.

Of course this could all be solved by more realistic low fuel light levels, and a gas gauge that was even sort of linear, but not much we can do about that.

darthxar is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #12

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by ALPINEST4RS View Post
Check the cv solenoid. (Pull the whole canister out) Usually if it locks up it's hard to fill the tank. Any check engine light?

Another one I found was a angry exgf that put shit into the tank (attempted to) the rollover valve saved it all in the filler neck.
This is next up. Tried the 3/4 with no luck. No cel either. Car runs perfectly. My filler neck block off is cocked to one side. Not sure if that is normal. Will take a picture later

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to blam1 For This Useful Post:
Code Monkey (09-11-2014)
 Old 09-11-2014, 10:25 PM   #13

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

So here are a few pics. First of the 3/4 hose that runs from a plastic canister near the camber arm, removed with no change. Then a picture of the gas filler flap closed and opened with pen. It looks off to the right. Not sure if that is normal or would cause an issue. The hinge is near the hard line that comes off the filler neck and into the charcoal canister by the filler neck.Not sure if that would be the "block" but I going to see if the canister can be unhooked or maybe try to remove the white plastic ring in the filler neck and see if that is blocking the hard line out.

If all else fails then I just take longer to fill up and someone inside my E85 station will keep saying WTF? Oh that guy again...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140910_232232.jpg (1.85 MB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20140911_210922.jpg (1.99 MB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 20140911_211004.jpg (2.18 MB, 35 views)

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALPINEST4RS (09-12-2014)
 Old 09-12-2014, 05:37 AM   #14

ALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the worldALPINEST4RS is the leader of the world
Not Ranked  0 score     

Since you have no DTCs (hopefully none pending)..

Take a look at this. Its pretty simple since you have no CEL. Check the shut off valve. If you need help locating it let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf id010339803300.pdf (53.8 KB, 84 views)
 Old 09-12-2014, 05:44 AM   #15

pzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,742 Times in 1,846 Posts
Groans: 146
Groaned at 151 Times in 111 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Does anything change with fill up time if you tilt the gas nozzle one way or another? Or even upside down?
pzr2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #16

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Since you have no DTCs (hopefully none pending)..

Take a look at this. Its pretty simple since you have no CEL. Check the shut off valve. If you need help locating it let me know.
Is the non-return valve the hinged flap in my picture? If so then I'll have a project this weekend to remove the pipe and charcoal canister above the subframe. It's such a silly issue to have but I'd rather this than anything engine related.

I'll also try filling upside down, so far every which way but upsidedown. I'll update with a win or fail. Thanks

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 09-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #17

Not Ranked  0 score     

On a Turbo, it's part of the tank. So if the valve is bad its full tank replacement. This will help you test atleast.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf id011439803200.pdf (86.9 KB, 65 views)
 Old 09-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #18

SpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the worldSpencerC is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,311 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Do you always fill at the same gas station? Or does it happen at all of them. I have this same issue with my miata sometimes, but it's only at 1 or 2 gas stations, all the others work fine, not sure what the reason is, but something in the pump design might affect it.
SOLD: 2009 Metro Gray Mica Mazdaspeed 3 - CorkSport Stage II SRI - CorkSport High Flow Downpipe -CorkSport TMIC - CorkSport Short Shift Plate - CorkSport Shifter Bushings - CorkSport Rear Motor Mount -
CorkSport Passenger Side Motor Mount -Cobb Accessport - CorkSport HPFP Max Flow Fuel Pump Internals - CorkSport LED Kit

1992 Red Mazda Miata - Flyin Miata Swaybars, Hard Dog Hard Bar, Koni Yellow Shocks, Flying Miata Springs, Spec Stage 1 Clutch, E-Code headlights

Next?: 2016 Mazda Mx5? 2017 Mazdaspeed 3?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SpencerC is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #19

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I fail at 3 local e85 stations and about 5 other 91 stations. Overall 4 different chains all with the same results. I was hoping to find spiders under the car and have it just be a clogged tube. I'll figure it out this weekend

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 09-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #20

Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Spencer@CorkSport View Post
Do you always fill at the same gas station? Or does it happen at all of them. I have this same issue with my miata sometimes, but it's only at 1 or 2 gas stations, all the others work fine, not sure what the reason is, but something in the pump design might affect it.
Very good point. Garbage Motors (GM) actually had the nerve to put up a bulletin about that, instead of fixing the initial problem with certain filler necks. They did, THEN the vent solenoids would just blow out. I mean, who the fuck puts the vent solenoid behind the left rear tire on 80% of their models, gm of course. On top of that, produces the cheapest shit on the planet. (Sound broke out of the box). I'm bored at Mazda, lol.

Sorry for the rant. . OP good luck, if you need anymore information on the EVAP system I have it all.

If you can drop the tank down a little and check to see if any hoses are kinked that'd be the way to go. I'm really surprised that you don't have a cel. Mazda's pretty crazy about EVAP.

Also, if you're local to a dealer. Have them run a EVAP test through ids. It will test for vac, hold pressure, and vent. Very thorough diag tool. It will tell you exactly what's going on and could lead you to an easier diagnosis as well.
blam1 (09-12-2014), Dizzy Turbo (09-12-2014)
 Old 09-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #21

pzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the worldpzr2874 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,742 Times in 1,846 Posts
Groans: 146
Groaned at 151 Times in 111 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Also, if you're local to a dealer. Have them run a EVAP test through ids. It will test for vac, hold pressure, and vent. Very thorough diag tool. It will tell you exactly what's going on and could lead you to an easier diagnosis as well.

How much do you poke people in the eyes for this test?
pzr2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 09-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #22

Not Ranked  0 score     

Free. It's a service bay test. I include it in the free check engine light scan we offer.
pzr2874 (09-12-2014)
 Old 09-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #23

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

@ALPINEST4RS; do you have instructions to remove the evap unit? I was under the car and saw several of the bolts but don't know if I need ot drop the subframe to access the others. I see a few that I can't reach with everything in.

BTW, I saw two CEL's after I disconnected the hose to the charcoal canister. Also, called two locals dealers and they want $100+ for diagnostic to run EVAP test.

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 09-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #24

Not Ranked  0 score     

Ugh, fucking mazda dealers I tell ya .

Just lower the crossmember. You may get enough room to sneak it out. When you get the parts out, LMK. I have inspection directions too for the leak detection pump and canister.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf id011639800700.pdf (69.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: pdf id011639801500.pdf (94.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf id021400801000.pdf (88.8 KB, 29 views)
 Old 10-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #25

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Ok replaced evap canister and leak detection pump, but no dice. Will look at fuel fillet neck and tank valve next

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 10-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #26

Not Ranked  0 score     

Bummer man. Remove the filler neck and see if anything is stuck in it. Some necks have orifices that regulate flow into the tank to prevent splash back.
 Old 10-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #27

Jtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the worldJtaylor is the leader of the world
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

We have been talking back and forth since were having similar issues. Mine came about after my car sat for 4-5 months during my build. Going to start troubleshooting soon, until then I will just keep pumping slow.
| Black Powdercoated Stockers | Built Motor |
| Mahle 88mm Pistons | Manley H-Beam Rods |
Jtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #28

browerl can only hope to improve
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Any updates? I'm having the same issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
browerl is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 11-03-2015, 01:48 AM   #29

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I just fill slow. Don't have time to get into fuel tank/filler neck trouble shooting yet

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
 Old 11-06-2015, 12:22 AM   #30

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by blam1 View Post
I just fill slow. Don't have time to get into fuel tank/filler neck trouble shooting yet
So I'm not sure what changed but I was able to fill up straight with E85 and 91 pumps. Maybe it took time for the lines to clear after swapping evap/charcoal canisters/pump

2008 Honda Pilot Sold
2006 Honda Accord Sold
2008 Honda Odyssey
2007 MS3 Silver Sport

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALPINEST4RS (11-06-2015)