register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 01-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #1

derek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,156 Times in 368 Posts
Groans: 38
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default Help! Lean/sputtering while cruising

Have a speed6 with the SP63 port injection fuel kit, have been on 50/50 mix of e85 for 2 years now or so.
So the story goes that for quite a while I was driving around with a—small boost leak I couldn't locate but the car was great at idle and partial throttle, just not under heavy boost. Finally found the leak, the frame had rubbed a hole in the charge pipe—under the passenger headlight.—Got that welded up and what not and the car felt great again, till a few days later I went—WOT on the freeway and my fucking port injection fuel rail popped off on the last injector cause one of the screws on the rail backed out due to all the vibrations.. got the rail back on but after that I was having problems with the car going lean at WOT then cutting out.—Car was still great under partial—throttle and idle and just cruising, just not WOT.—A few days—ago I took the in tank fuel pumps out of the car—and the filters were filthy so I cleaned them and thought that would be great.—Well now the car goes lean at partial throttle and likes to pull power and I don't even—trust it to get me to work.—
just last night I—took—everything apart, FPR, ITFP, HPFP, Port injectors, Spill valve,—relief valve, and cleaned them all with Sea Foam.
still having issues with it wanting to lean out a bit at partial throttle and partial boost.
I attached a few logs to see if anyone has some—insight into this issue.
Oh, and the Fuel Pressure Regulator will not go under 60 PSI at idle... swapped it out for another AEM FPR and that—one (brand new) wouldn't go under 80 PSI at idle...
Maybe the pumps are taking a shit??
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog10.csv (8.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: csv datalog11.csv (8.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv datalog12.csv (10.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: csv datalog13.csv (9.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: csv datalog14.csv (22.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: csv datalog15.csv (11.1 KB, 1 views)
Daily driven
derek13p is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #2

sheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the worldsheston is the leader of the world
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I only looked at the first couple logs. It would be easier to trouble shoot with you having a WOT log. My guess is you still have a leak. Fuel trims are way off. Either that or you need a MAF cal badly. If you don't have a leak, clean your MAF with the correct cleaner and try that.

I believe the intank fuel pump only puts out around 60 to 80 psi. The HPFP should put out ~ 400 psi at idle. If you are not getting that something is wrong.
 Old 01-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #3

Fstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the worldFstrnyou is the leader of the world
Groans: 19
Groaned at 6 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Derek----- With over-1100 posts, surely you-know what your fuel-pressure should be. -----

Unless you run only on port injection. Then 60-80 psi is probably fine.

Try using less hyphens.
Versatuner, 3-bar MAP, NGK6510, CP-e TMIC
CS Turbo/DP/RP/HPFP/BPV/R-DiffMount
White Widow F-DiffMount, Whiteline RSB
Russian Bushings in Back, Poly FSB Bushings, Magnaflow CBE, ACT sprung 6-puck/Streetlite
JBR Tru-3.5/3-port EBCS/EGR-D
Damond RMM/PMM/Stage 2 OCC/PCV Plate
AWR TMM on stand-by
Other rides:
2002 Tacoma ExtCab 2.4L 5spd 2WD - 355k mile Speed support vehicle.
2004 Olds Alero ECOtec 2.2 - Broken (since Christmas 2015 and I really need to get rid of it)
History:
2008 GSX-R 1000 - Stolen (With several runs past 180, I'd probably be dead by now if it wasn't stolen. So in a way, I'm thankful.)
1988 RX-7 TII - Sold (Megasquirt, streetport, filter-on-turbo SRI, custom TBE, 20psi boost creep on OE turbo, OE TMIC on ice, 13.467 @ 105.44) apex seals said buh bye!
1985 Camaro - Sold (est. 265bhp 5.7 swap, Edelbrock intake & Hooker headers)
Fstrnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-27-2017, 05:54 AM   #4

WetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the worldWetzMS3 is the leader of the world
Thanked 9,203 Times in 3,608 Posts
Groans: 430
Groaned at 247 Times in 83 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by Fstrnyou View Post
Derek----- With over-1100 posts, surely you-know what your fuel-pressure should be. -----

Unless you run only on port injection. Then 60-80 psi is probably fine.

Try using less hyphens.
A fuel pressure regulator is placed in line before the high pressure pump. It should only see 60psi or so of pressure there. PI injectors don't run at high pressure.

OP, what fuel pump setup are you running? Dual pumps or no? Have you checked all of the wiring for the injectors and SS controller? Rail popping off could cause some wiring issues depending on if it pulled or nicked any wires.

SLUNTWORKS SPEEDSHOP
WetzMS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #5

derek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the worldderek13p is the leader of the world
Thanked 1,156 Times in 368 Posts
Groans: 38
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by sheston View Post
I only looked at the first couple logs. It would be easier to trouble shoot with you having a WOT log. My guess is you still have a leak. Fuel trims are way off. Either that or you need a MAF cal badly. If you don't have a leak, clean your MAF with the correct cleaner and try that.

I believe the intank fuel pump only puts out around 60 to 80 psi. The HPFP should put out ~ 400 psi at idle. If you are not getting that something is wrong.
I'll try cleaning the maf but it was fine before the fuel rail popped off. And with the maf Cal, nothing has changed with the I take size so it shouldn't be an issue there.

Originally Posted by WetzMS3 View Post
A fuel pressure regulator is placed in line before the high pressure pump. It should only see 60psi or so of pressure there. PI injectors don't run at high pressure.

OP, what fuel pump setup are you running? Dual pumps or no? Have you checked all of the wiring for the injectors and SS controller? Rail popping off could cause some wiring issues depending on if it pulled or nicked any wires.
I have 2 in tank dw300 pumps. Was originally set up at 40-45 psi so 60 at idle is high on the port injection side of things.
It's running lean even cruising around and I don't feel comfortable doing a wot log and potentially leaning it out and blowing it up. That and the port injectors shouldn't come in to play cruising around. Only after 3k rpm or so. So there shouldn't be a need to look at their wiring or ss box I wouldn't think.
Daily driven
derek13p is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 01-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #6

RiceCarGuy248 is an unknown quantity at this point
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

I'm having the same issue with my speed 6. I am running a 5 port devils own methanol kit. I have triple checked that I am getting meth to flow and have checked numerous times for boost leaks, still no solution.
RiceCarGuy248 is offline   Reply With Quote