register gallery

Go Back   Mazdaspeed Forums >
MAZDASPEED SECTION
>
Mazdaspeed 3/6 MZR Gen1 Forums (2006-2009)
> MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection

MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection MazdaSpeed 3/6 - Fuel, Nitrous & Water Injection Have a CDFP fuel pump question? Do you want to add Nitrous or Water Injection to your Mazdaspeed 3/6 ? Please come on in!

Welcome to Mazdaspeed Forums .

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

*When you join MSF as a registered user, there will be No Ads.

*Registered Members get access to the Off Topic Area of the Forum

*Registered Members have an opportunity to upgrade their accounts to VIP, which brings a host of goddies for supporting MSF such as Raffles, Additional Forum Access, More PM Storage, The ability to upload more Images and many other enhancements.

*Registered members also get access to the live chat box!

Bookmark and Share LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 Old 04-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #1

bitbandit is a glorious beacon of lightbitbandit is a glorious beacon of lightbitbandit is a glorious beacon of lightbitbandit is a glorious beacon of lightbitbandit is a glorious beacon of light
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     
Default HPFP Question

I installed my corksport internals and was wondering if its normal for the internals to look this nasty? Its not the best picture but I can get a better one now that I have them all cleaned up.

I am also wondering if they are really stock internals, the piston and sleeve wont separate. I had to compress the spring and remove the tappet and retainer to get it apart so I could install the corksport internals. In the install video corksport has they just pulled the stock internals right out with out any trouble and mine were not having any of that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160411_183630.jpg (5.26 MB, 36 views)
bitbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2016, 03:46 PM   #2

[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world[R]usty is the leader of the world
Thanked 2,250 Times in 820 Posts
Groans: 79
Groaned at 14 Times in 13 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

That is not normal unless you're running E85.

Cobb AP V3JBR Tru 3" Wide PathJBR Boost Tubes & BPV HoseCobb XLE BPVCP-E TMIC ║ UR Racepipe ║ Magnaflow CBEAutoTech InternalsGrimmSpeed EBCS ║ JBR RSBSPC Camber ArmsKW V3 CoiloversJBR IM+TB TIGs & TB BypassJBR SSPE - Focus RMMStopTech Slotted Rotors and EBC Yellow Stuff PadsTechna-Fit SS Brake Lines

[R]usty is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2016, 03:53 PM   #3

bitbandit is a glorious beacon of lightbitbandit is a glorious beacon of lightbitbandit is a glorious beacon of lightbitbandit is a glorious beacon of lightbitbandit is a glorious beacon of light
(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by [R]usty View Post
That is not normal unless you're running E85.
I have never ran e85 in it. but that does not mean someone else didn't before me. I am the 3rd owner and have owned it since dec. of 2011. Other than an ACT clutch the car was stock.
should I be looking for other issues possibly?
 Old 04-13-2016, 04:08 PM   #4

anavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the worldanavrinIV is the leader of the world
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,982 Posts
Groans: 63
Groaned at 43 Times in 22 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

Those definitely don't look stock.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
anavrinIV is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-13-2016, 05:03 PM   #5

Snowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud of
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Here is a stocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CS SRI + TIP - CS TMIC - CS Catted DP - Autotech HPFP Internals - Denso ITV22

Purple Drank Tune in process
Snowing is offline   Reply With Quote
 Old 04-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #6

(Thread Starter)
Not Ranked  0 score     

I am thinking they are stock internals but since I cant get the piston out of the sleeve its hard to tell for sure. They kind of look like a picture I found of some older Cobb internals.
Seems like all the internals I have seen pictures of you can separate the two pieces.

07 MS6 - Sure intake, Cobb AP, CS Turbo, CS Turbo Back Exhaust, CS HPFP Internals, CS TMIC, CS BPV, CS EBCS and Both Sure rear diff mounts.
 Old 04-14-2016, 08:31 AM   #7

Dommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the worldDommo14 is the leader of the world
Groans: 3
Groaned at 10 Times in 5 Posts
Not Ranked  0 score     

it looks like stock internals to me. but just junked up from E85, or some really bad quality gas...
 Old 04-14-2016, 08:55 PM   #8

Snowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud ofSnowing has much to be proud of
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Not Ranked  0 score     

Originally Posted by bitbandit View Post
I am thinking they are stock internals but since I cant get the piston out of the sleeve its hard to tell for sure. They kind of look like a picture I found of some older Cobb internals.
Seems like all the internals I have seen pictures of you can separate the two pieces.

Haha yeah you should be able to slide it right out..

CS SRI + TIP - CS TMIC - CS Catted DP - Autotech HPFP Internals - Denso ITV22

Purple Drank Tune in process
Snowing is offline   Reply With Quote